Options

America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,120
    CM189191 said:
    rgambs said:
    Sweden is looking better and better, isn't it?

After watching coverage of both the shootings I would like to offer a hearty, heartfelt, and personal FUCK YOU! to everyone who votes for Republicans.  
    I don't give a shit if it hurts your little snowflake feelings, you own a share of this and your pathetic excuses smell like the asshole they came out of.

I'm just fucking sick of this, it's ridiculous and pathetic and if you aren't ashamed to be an American right now, you have your head up your own ass.
    Guns are mostly a republican issue, true. But make sure you actually take a look at who you are voting for because some Dems take a decent amount of $ too. 

And again - immigration disaster is a both party issue.  Donald trump and the republicans certainly own upping the game and causing the conflict. In the past people just talked and complained and did nothing in an effort to drum up votes. 
    So.... Both sides are bad?  

No... That's horse shit and you know it

One side is obviously stoking hatred racism terrorism misogyny.
    I didn’t say that at all. I just want people to look it up for each election happening. There are some Dems that take NRA $ to, it far fewer. But please look before you vote to make sure is all I said. Vote against those that take $ or at least the most $.

and regarding immigration - yes both sides have failed the people for a long time. And now a racist president and complicit Republican Party (through silence) is using this lack of action to create this awful situation.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    With Texas being an open carry state, I hope this dispels the “good guys with guns” theory. If that theory was accurate, 20 people wouldn’t have died yesterday. WTF are we going to do?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    Yep white angry guys killing Americans in mass murders , but remember Mexicans or Muslims are to be prevented from entering the country , this is all on the Baffoon that is the president it’s on him period .,
    29 dead in less that 24 hrs but the 2A can’t be touched ..
    You want 1,000,000 immigrants to come in to the country and I want 1,000,000 immigrants to come In the country.  The problem is you don’t care if it is legal or illegal.  Well, until we find out a way to make it legal and more efficient, the Trumps of the world will play on the fears of  people and win elections.
    Wrong I want immigration reform , I want immigrants that are in camps treated with some dignity , I want gun laws that are effective, I want the idiot in chief to denounce white supremacy , I want 2A amended to fit today’s society ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Just another day in Murica!!! Does not matter how many guns laws the US passes.  I suspect your government has no clue how many guns are out there...

And if you are planning a mass shooting, in America whether it's legal or not someone can easily get a gun...

But at least ban assault weapons and put heavy restrictions on handguns...and if you ban these guns then back the ban up with some teeth in the law...me personally, I would lock anyone up 15 years who has an illegal weapon, use an illegal weapon in a crime, life would be appropriate.

Or move all the gun nutters to Alabama and let them kill each other.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I'm talking 15 years for every illegal gun you own...no early release.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    rgambs said:

After watching coverage of both the shootings I would like to offer a hearty, heartfelt, and personal FUCK YOU! to everyone who votes for Republicans.  
    I don't give a shit if it hurts your little snowflake feelings, you own a share of this and your pathetic excuses smell like the asshole they came out of.

I'm just fucking sick of this, it's ridiculous and pathetic and if you aren't ashamed to be an American right now, you have your head up your own ass.
    Guns are mostly a republican issue, true. But make sure you actually take a look at who you are voting for because some Dems take a decent amount of $ too. 

And again - immigration disaster is a both party issue.  Donald trump and the republicans certainly own upping the game and causing the conflict. In the past people just talked and complained and did nothing in an effort to drum up votes. 

Ditto Republicans are the ones chanting send them back , lock her up , you don’t like it leave there’s only one person you need to look at he’s Orange Baffoon...
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    rgambs said:

Ditto Republicans are the ones chanting send them back , lock her up , you don’t like it leave there’s only one person you need to look at he’s Orange Baffoon...
    You all are so frustrating. That’s hardly the only person. We have had mass shooting before trump. That’s just dumb. 

He is a huge problem and his rhetoric is a huge problem. But getting rid of your boogeyman alone won’t solve this. 

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Top 82/85 of congress that received NRA $ are Republicans. Obviously the bigger part of the problem. 3 were democrats. Don’t just vote for Dem cause the D. Make sure you look at the donations. All I said. But feel free to fake outrage over my comment again.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    rgambs said:

You all are so frustrating. That’s hardly the only person. We have had mass shooting before trump. That’s just dumb. 

He is a huge problem and his rhetoric is a huge problem. But getting rid of your boogeyman alone won’t solve this. 

What ever dude , as far as I see it here from some is that the brown immigrants are to blame ..
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    rgambs said:

What ever dude , as far as I see it here from some is that the brown immigrants are to blame ..
    Whatever? Who the fuck said that? You are making up your own argument and projecting it onto people like me. Whatever indeed.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    edited August 2019
    Moonpig said:
    Not the shooter. Not from that Walmart. Just a couple of random TX Walmart shoppers carrying their guns in and around the store. 
    What are supposed to think when we see shit like this?

AMERICA! WE’RE FUCKED!

Surely I am not alone in thinking that those who feel the need to carry military grade weapons around while doing the weekly shop must themselves have some sort of mental illness?

is a failed effort to properly diagnose and treat such illnesses resulting in what we are seeing today?
    I am not an expert, but may be able to shed some light on the need to carry a firearm while doing the weekly shopping. I have several friends who were deployed to shit hole locations in the world. I recall several of them mentioning that when they returned to the states, they had a very difficult time entering a store. While they were deployed, it was SOP to have soldiers stationed at each entrance and exit to a store/building while a team when inside the building to clear the building.
    I recall one of their wives stating that my friend could not go shopping without an exit plan in advance.
    I know other veterans that sleep with a loaded shotgun next to their bed, and carry a loaded firearm at all times.

I know this does not apply to the shootings this weekend, just trying to shed some light on why some people feel the need to carry firearms.
    Disclaimer, this does not apply to all veterans.

Post edited by stuckinline on
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    CM189191 said:
    rgambs said:

Whatever? Who the fuck said that? You are making up your own argument and projecting it onto people like me. Whatever indeed.

Who said “There’s an invasion coming from our southern border “ 

Post edited by josevolution on
  • Options

What the fuck? This was Texas. There were people there with guns. And guess what? It didn’t matter!!!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    National Rifle Assn
    Among Federal Candidates, 2018 Cycle

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/recips.php?cycle=2018&id=d000000082

A good resource to see who receives and how much.  Most of the amounts are so insignificant they could easily live without those donations or could easily make up the difference with other donors.  Of course, I think lobbying should be banned.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    MoonpigMoonpig Posts: 659
    Moonpig said:
    Not the shooter. Not from that Walmart. Just a couple of random TX Walmart shoppers carrying their guns in and around the store. 
    What are supposed to think when we see shit like this?

AMERICA! WE’RE FUCKED!

Surely I am not alone in thinking that those who feel the need to carry military grade weapons around while doing the weekly shop must themselves have some sort of mental illness?

is a failed effort to properly diagnose and treat such illnesses resulting in what we are seeing today?
    I am not an expert, but may be able to shed some light on the need to carry a firearm while doing the weekly shopping. I have several friends who were deployed to shit hole locations in the world. I recall several of them mentioning that when they returned to the states, they had a very difficult time entering a store. While they were deployed, it was SOP to have soldiers stationed at each entrance and exit to a store/building while a team when inside the building to clear the building.
    I recall one of their wives stating that my friend could not go shopping without an exit plan in advance.
    I know other veterans that sleep with a loaded shotgun next to their bed, and carry a loaded firearm at all times.

I know this does not apply to the shootings this weekend, just trying to shed some light on why some people feel the need to carry firearms.

Would this not indicate that services for veterans returning home are not working then?

Fair to say it is not normal behaviour and these people should be integrated better back into society.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    In Dayton, they are saying they shot and killed the gunman in less than 1 minute. 9 people dead. Anyone think that more citizens with guns is going to stop this? Less than 1 minute and 9 dead. 
    Post edited by cincybearcat on
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    In Dayton, they are saying they shit and killed the gunman in less than 1 minute. 9 people dead. Anyone think that more citizens with guns is going to stop this? Less than 1 minute and 9 dead. 
    It’s those weapons that can fire off round after round so quickly , listening to the shots in El Paso they were so fast ..
  • Options
    In Dayton, they are saying they shit and killed the gunman in less than 1 minute. 9 people dead. Anyone think that more citizens with guns is going to stop this? Less than 1 minute and 9 dead. 
    It’s those weapons that can fire off round after round so quickly , listening to the shots in El Paso they were so fast ..
    Exactly. Good guys with a gun is a false narrative. It isn’t going to happen and it isn’t going to work. People will still die.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    In Dayton, they are saying they shot and killed the gunman in less than 1 minute. 9 people dead. Anyone think that more citizens with guns is going to stop this? Less than 1 minute and 9 dead. 
    Nope! And The Red Right And You post disgusts me... it’s repulsive.
  • Options
    Renfield said:
    Whoa dude Cincy is not the problem at all your wrong ! 
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    edited August 2019

Exactly. Good guys with a gun is a false narrative. It isn’t going to happen and it isn’t going to work. People will still die.
    Many more would die as people pull their guns out and just start shooting each other wild west style
  • Options
    Renfield said:
    @josevolution
    Whoa...back at you.
    I was agreeing with @cincybearcat !!!! 
    Anyone think that more citizens with guns is going to stop this?
    And I totally understand he wasn’t promoting the post! 

p.s. I’m not a dude, I’m a dudette 
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    CM189191 said:
    rgambs said:

There are times when I think Cincy forces a square-peg-both-sides into a round-hole-discussion.  But this is a good point.  On this issue, vet everyone.  The NRA (a trade organization; not a defender of the Constitution) gives out a lot of money.  Including to Democrats.  Once they take NRA money, they’re hard to trust.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Renfield said:
    Renfield said:
    @josevolution
    Whoa...back at you.

Oh sorry miss I interpreted your post wrong I apologize, I know all of us here want these massacres to stop , we just disagree on how to get there ..
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    Anyone have a number on how many Walmart shootings there's been? Seems like Walmart is a common place for these sort of massacres. 

Echoing what some have said in this thread, there really needs to be a crackdown on illegal guns with harsh sentences for violators. Certainly won't stop the problem. But it'll be a start. Like maybe have the ATF raid a gun show and see how many guns are being sold illegally and then arrest the violators. 

What I'd love it to see less people in prison for like petty Marijuana charges and more in prison for breaking gun laws. And "breaking gun laws" doesn't have to be shooting people. Buying/selling illegal guns, not registering your gun, not properly locking your gun away, etc. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    edited August 2019
    Renfield said:
    Renfield said:
    @josevolution
    Whoa...back at you.

Oh sorry miss I interpreted your post wrong I apologize, I know all of us here want these massacres to stop , we just disagree on how to get there ..
    I don’t think we disagree.  You have said in this thread or one of the other ones that immigration reform is needed and gun controls.  I don’t think any of us on here disagree.  None of us are saying that it is immigrants that are pulling the trigger or causing the massacres.  It is Trump and the Right using it as an excuse to scare weak, weak people.  Let’s get immigration reform done and maybe one byproduct is Trump can’t use it as an excuse to scare weak people.  

Somehow mentioning immigration reform is needed on here makes you a racist or Faux fan when both sides of congress have been talking about it since the Clinton administration.   Guns are the how, not the why.  Let’s get rid of the how and figure out the why.   Poverty, jobs, opportunity, mental health, etc....  
  • Options
    Renfield said:
    Renfield said:
    @josevolution
    Whoa...back at you.

:peace:
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    The guns are the “why” as well as the “how”.

I just read this article in the NYT that talks about exactly that. I came here to post it and lo and behold the discussion is at exactly that point.

What Explains U.S. Mass Shootings? International Comparisons Suggest an Answer  
    https://nyti.ms/2hODjP5

The article looks at the research on what differentiates the US that could account for the ridiculous number of mass shootings, and it really just does come down to too many guns. 

It’s not “mental health problems”

It’s not “cultural diversity” or immigration. 

It’s not that Americans have more crime overall. 

It’s not video games. 

It’s simply that the US has far more guns per capita than almost anyone else, and it doesn’t want to change that. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,993
    My word. How every humam can't  see that no guns = no shootings ffs . It is that  simple.  People need to wake up. Who the fuck goes shopping with a gun on their back. Come see the  rest of the world if you think that is in any way sane.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,993
    Serious from the  outside its fuckin ridiculous.  I mean really damn stupid
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
This discussion has been closed.