America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    this guy has a great idea ! more business should think about doing this.
    Godfather.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/26/packing-at-lunch-restaurant-robbery-triggers-discount-for-gun-owners/?intcmp=hplnws
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,530
    edited October 2015

Godfather.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/26/packing-at-lunch-restaurant-robbery-triggers-discount-for-gun-owners/?intcmp=hplnws

I've been to this place...pretty good stuff

That being said this is a bonehead idea. He talks about protecting his employees yet he seems to advocate customers opening fire at potential robbers at the cash register? Let's hope some innocent person doesn't get in the way of that gunfire.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • this guy has a great idea ! more business should think about doing this.
    Godfather.

That being said this is a bonehead idea. He talks about protecting his employees yet he seems to advocate customers opening fire at potential robbers at the cash register? Let's hope some innocent person doesn't get in the way of that gunfire.
    "I just want the criminals to wonder whether customers have a gun," Bouvier said. "I don’t want a shootout but I also don't want people coming in here thinking I have a given them leverage over my employees and customers."

I think he was advocating a deterrent for criminals so that his customers and employees dont become victims
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388

Godfather.

"I just want the criminals to wonder whether customers have a gun," Bouvier said. "I don’t want a shootout but I also don't want people coming in here thinking I have a given them leverage over my employees and customers."

I think he was advocating a deterrent for criminals so that his customers and employees dont become victims
    They'll still rob just have an itchy trigger finger. And to have some ignorant in experienced paranoid schmuck attempt to be Rambo?!?!?

More guns equals more deaths. Gun owners increase their chances of dying by gun due to having one.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • That father should be charged with negligence at the very least, if not involuntary manslaughter. It may sound harsh and I'm sure he's distraught but we keep thinking people will learn from incidents like this and clearly they don't!
  • Having a gun increases the chances of having a death by a gun.

Leave a loaded handgun by your bed with toddlers in the house. Wow. Wonder how many times this guy argued against gun legislation? Wonder how many times this guy insisted that 'he shouldn't be punished for other bad gun owners' irresponsibility'?

Just brutal.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • He must of had the hammer cocked in place?

He must of had the hammer cocked in place?

of course...if the gubmint came to take his weapon he needed to be ready

• callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Three months ago one of my brothers friends received his green card. Works for Fortune 500 company. As soon as he got it he went to local gun store and purchased several guns. Was happy he now had the right.

Last Thursday he learned he was being laid off. Used one of the guns to shoot himself.

Accidental shootings, stolen guns, suicides.

God BlessAmerica and God Bless our rights to own guns. Yee haw.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Having a gun increases the chances of having a death by a gun.

Leave a loaded handgun by your bed with toddlers in the house. Wow. Wonder how many times this guy argued against gun legislation? Wonder how many times this guy insisted that 'he shouldn't be punished for other bad gun owners' irresponsibility'?

Just brutal.
    Bingo! Brutal and ridiculous.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    callen said:

Three months ago one of my brothers friends received his green card. Works for Fortune 500 company. As soon as he got it he went to local gun store and purchased several guns. Was happy he now had the right.

Last Thursday he learned he was being laid off. Used one of the guns to shoot himself.

So sad, and very emblematic of the problem with gun culture.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambs said:

callen said:

Permanent solution for a temporary problem.

I don't understand, I really don't.
  • callen said:

man that is sad. sorry to hear that.

also sorry that he felt that was the only alternative.

this is why they say if you have a gun in your home you are more likely to injure yourself or a family member with it.

"You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • rgambs said:

callen said:

i don't know if you have ever been in a situation where you are that depressed or not, but trust me. in the midst of one of those lows, sometimes it seems like the only way.

• rgambs said:

callen said:

i don't know if you have ever been in a situation where you are that depressed or not, but trust me. in the midst of one of those lows, sometimes it seems like the only way.
    I'm sure you have too and you're still here.

This was never a choice for me. That's why I don't understand...

• dudemandudeman Posts: 3,049
    Would you all feel better if there was a national gun confiscation program so no one would have guns?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • dudeman said:

Would you all feel better if there was a national gun confiscation program so no one would have guns?

It wouldn't be the worst thing, but nobody is demanding that as far as I can tell.
    edited October 2015
    dudeman said:

no I would feel better if our culture didn't make us feel like we all needed guns

I would also feel better if the NRA represented gun owners instead of gun manufacturers

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,552

He must of had the hammer cocked in place?

of course...if the gubmint came to take his weapon he needed to be ready
    GUBMINT. LOL. I had to say that out loud to understand it. Fuck that was funny.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

dudeman said:

It wouldn't be the worst thing, but nobody is demanding that as far as I can tell.
    Yeah, I know that no one here was demanding it, just asking for opinions.

dudeman said:

no I would feel better if our culture didn't make us feel like we all needed guns

I would also feel better if the NRA represented gun owners instead of gun manufacturers
    I agree with the first part of your post. It's quite the hole we have dug for ourselves. The changes needed won't come from new legislation either. It has to start at the individual level. People have to want to stop killing each other.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,857
    edited October 2015
    dudeman said:

dudeman said:

I agree with the first part of your post. It's quite the hole we have dug for ourselves. The changes needed won't come from new legislation either. It has to start at the individual level. People have to want to stop killing each other.
    True but it would greatly help if the process to procure one wasn't so easy and unaccountable (private sales)
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • dudeman said:

dudeman said:

I agree with the second part of his post as well.
  • dudeman said:

i would love to see the government try it.

all these "patriots" would be locked up in their houses with their little pistols while the us army or national guard shows up with their tanks and rocket launchers. would be quite the entertainment. would also prove the point that these guns are not to protect yourself from a tyranical government, because these people are no match for what the government has.

• dudeman said:

all these "patriots" would be locked up in their houses with their little pistols while the us army or national guard shows up with their tanks and rocket launchers. would be quite the entertainment. would also prove the point that these guns are not to protect yourself from a tyranical government, because these people are no match for what the government has.

I'm starting to think the problem is Red Dawn.

Our generation saw Red Dawn and became enamored with the idea of defending themselves as a guerilla warrior.

The next generation has seen the remake and now the cycle continues.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859

dudeman said:

Our generation saw Red Dawn and became enamored with the idea of defending themselves as a guerilla warrior.

Wolverines!!
    It does speak some truth though. One of my good friends had a few hunting rifles that he inherited. When we were 12 we used to go over Red Dawn tactics and which gun we would choose if we were attacked.

• eddiec said:

dudeman said:

Wolverines!!
    It does speak some truth though. One of my good friends had a few hunting rifles that he inherited. When we were 12 we used to go over Red Dawn tactics and which gun we would choose if we were attacked.

Damn.

I thought I was just being a smart ass!

Instead... I ended up 'Being There' Peter Sellars style: speaking wisdom unintentionally.

dudeman said:

Man I hope you are joking! Do you really want to be "entertained" by watching the government slaughter civilians?
This discussion has been closed.