America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Shoot 'm Cletus.

Ya reckon I should, Jimbob?

He's got a purtty mouth, Cletus... shoot 'm good.

Reckon I should.

POW!

There. I dun went and shot 'm. Hmmm. Now what? Do you reckon I go to jail, Jimbob?

Not if ya run away, Cletus. Git goin'.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,529

Shoot 'm Cletus.

Reckon I should.

POW!

There. I dun went and shot 'm. Hmmm. Now what? Do you reckon I go to jail, Jimbob?

Believe it or not I was going to make a Cletus reference when I posted this. It just screams for Cletus.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 3,049
    The shooter belongs in prison and so do the people who instigated and encouraged that murder.

I also don't think that this case is representative of America's Gun Violence. It's a perfect example of the mob mentality and complete lack value of human life that we face as a whole.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV

Shoot 'm Cletus.

Reckon I should.

POW!

Yeah yeah, we get it. You think American gun owners are a bunch of dirty rednecks.

Nice and classy, as always.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bobby-jindal-gun-control_561bc49be4b0e66ad4c87c23

I can't get over what an absolute douchebag Jindal is...

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    dudeman said:

The shooter belongs in prison and so do the people who instigated and encouraged that murder.

I also don't think that this case is representative of America's Gun Violence. It's a perfect example of the mob mentality and complete lack value of human life that we face as a whole.
    disagree...to me it's a perfect representation of our idiotic gun culture.

• dudeman said:

Blame it on abortion.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    dankind said:
    Ugh, but did you read the comments on the Esquire piece? I thought it was funny. I loathe Jindal.
    edited October 2015

dudeman said:

Blame it on abortion.
    Why not blame it on the asshole that shot an innocent man in the head?

BTW, what did abortion ever do to you?
    Post edited by dudeman on

• dankinddankind Posts: 20,836
    Enkidu said:

dankind said:
    Ugh, but did you read the comments on the Esquire piece? I thought it was funny. I loathe Jindal.
    Part of my old job was to moderate comments. As a result, I never read comments. Humanity at its absolute worst.

You folks are all right, though -- most of y'all anyway.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dudeman said:

Shoot 'm Cletus.

Reckon I should.

POW!

Yeah yeah, we get it. You think American gun owners are a bunch of dirty rednecks.

Well how do you think the conversation went?

Do you think it went like this:

"I dare say, Jonathan, this chap has received a sufficient amount of blows and is now under my control."

"Poindexter, I humbly care to submit the notion that it is now incumbent upon you to complete the task you have embarked upon and discharge your weapon into his cranial region."

"Yes. Yes. Yes indeed. I do believe you are correct, Jonathan, with your assertion and I shall now discharge my sidearm into this chap's cranium."

POW!

"Poindexter, I do hear the police sirens nary approaching and I urge you to take flight as they shan't be receptive to your follies."

"Thank you, Jonathan. I bid thee farewell."
  • dudeman said:

Shoot 'm Cletus.

Reckon I should.

POW!

"I dare say, Jonathan, this chap has received a sufficient amount of blows and is now under my control."

"Poindexter, I humbly care to submit the notion that it is now incumbent upon you to complete the task you have embarked upon and discharge your weapon into his cranial region."

"Yes. Yes. Yes indeed. I do believe you are correct, Jonathan, with your assertion and I shall now discharge my sidearm into this chap's cranium."

POW!

"Poindexter, I do hear the police sirens nary approaching and I urge you to take flight as they shan't be receptive to your follies."

Outstanding!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • They shan't be receptive to your follies.

Just outstanding!

Just outstanding!

LOL!

Cheers, Speedy.

Just outstanding!

LOL!

Cheers, Speedy.
    That post of yours gave me a good laugh!

Just outstanding!
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996

dudeman said:

Shoot 'm Cletus.

Reckon I should.

POW!

POW!

Brilliant!
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I read Thirty's post as these two =)

dudeman said:

Shoot 'm Cletus.

Reckon I should.

POW!

POW!

So it's one extreme or the other? Man am I glad to not be saddled with your world view.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,855
    edited October 2015
    callen said:

dudeman said:

I can't help but wonder, what is happening in schools these days that makes people want to shoot them up?

Easy Access to efficient killing instruments and add lots and lots of humans.

So guns are here and humans are here so it is what it is.

Guns + Hunans= Death.

Oh how wonderful it must be to live in gun free culture/country.

But fuck that I have my rights and you'll have to pry my gun from my cold dead hand. Yeay!!!!

What do the chinese have to do with it? Hehe
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • dudeman said:

dudeman said:

Shoot 'm Cletus.

Reckon I should.

POW!

POW!

So it's one extreme or the other? Man am I glad to not be saddled with your world view.
    Well what is it then? Don't make me configure the entire spectrum of likely scripts for this shit show. Ain't nobody got time for that.

All reports offer the scenario where some shitbird beat someone down and, at the bequest of his friends, kicked it up a couple notches and shot the victim in the head as he lied there helpless. How do you think that played out? Exactly what levels of intelligence were on display here that preclude making reference to such idiocy in as colorful manner as one might be inclined to do?

If it is established the killer discovered the victim had molested his child... I'll sincerely apologize. If it's revealed the dispute stemmed from a quarterback controversy... I was bang on.
  • dudeman said:

Shoot 'm Cletus.

Reckon I should.

POW!

POW!

i totally heard this conversation in my head with a very refined british accent lol...
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • jindal is a clown. i am surprised he hasn't gotten a bump in the polls with these comments.

if the father of a murderer cannot comment on gun violence, and a parent of a victim of gun violence can't comment on gun violence, then who can?
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    dudeman said:

Shoot 'm Cletus.

Reckon I should.

POW!

As a rural American in a gun-loving area, I can honestly say this is not an outrageous portrayal.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

Shoot 'm Cletus.

Reckon I should.

POW!

POW!

Well what is it then? Don't make me configure the entire spectrum of likely scripts for this shit show. Ain't nobody got time for that.

All reports offer the scenario where some shitbird beat someone down and, at the bequest of his friends, kicked it up a couple notches and shot the victim in the head as he lied there helpless. How do you think that played out? Exactly what levels of intelligence were on display here that preclude making reference to such idiocy in as colorful manner as one might be inclined to do?

If it is established the killer discovered the victim had molested his child... I'll sincerely apologize. If it's revealed the dispute stemmed from a quarterback controversy... I was bang on.
    You know as well as I do that this case is not typical behavior. It is also not the first time you have jumped to this incredibly simplified and ridiculous view of Americans.
    rgambs said:

dudeman said:

Shoot 'm Cletus.

Reckon I should.

POW!

As a rural American in a gun-loving area, I can honestly say this is not an outrageous portrayal.
    I grew up there. I remember seeing a bunch of hard working, honest and caring people who love their families and neighbors.

I'm not much of one to sit in judgment over others, though.
  • dudeman said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

Shoot 'm Cletus.

Reckon I should.

POW!

POW!

You know as well as I do that this case is not typical behavior. It is also not the first time you have jumped to this incredibly simplified and ridiculous view of Americans.
    It might not be typical, but it isn't exactly atypical either. Are you trying to say these senseless acts are really uncommon in the US? Given the seriousness of them... they happen with alarming frequency in my mind. Imagine if such acts were completely normal?

RG never thought the portrayal was too absurd or ridiculous. Remember... I was only referencing the bozos at the scene. I'm not depicting the good people that are as mortified as everyone else.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

Shoot 'm Cletus.

Reckon I should.

POW!

POW!

It might not be typical, but it isn't exactly atypical either. Are you trying to say these senseless acts are really uncommon in the US? Given the seriousness of them... they happen with alarming frequency in my mind. Imagine if such acts were completely normal?

RG never thought the portrayal was too absurd or ridiculous. Remember... I was only referencing the bozos at the scene. I'm not depicting the good people that are as mortified as everyone else.
    dirty when can we go shooting together? you flying here or am I flying there? I already know the order of guns you are going to shoot.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
This discussion has been closed.