America's Gun Violence

Comments

• mcgruff10 said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

Shoot 'm Cletus.

Ya reckon I should, Jimbob?

He's got a purtty mouth, Cletus... shoot 'm good.

Reckon I should.

POW!

There. I dun went and shot 'm. Hmmm. Now what? Do you reckon I go to jail, Jimbob?

Not if ya run away, Cletus. Git goin'.
    Yeah yeah, we get it. You think American gun owners are a bunch of dirty rednecks.

Nice and classy, as always.
    Well how do you think the conversation went?

Do you think it went like this:

"I dare say, Jonathan, this chap has received a sufficient amount of blows and is now under my control."

"Poindexter, I humbly care to submit the notion that it is now incumbent upon you to complete the task you have embarked upon and discharge your weapon into his cranial region."

"Yes. Yes. Yes indeed. I do believe you are correct, Jonathan, with your assertion and I shall now discharge my sidearm into this chap's cranium."

POW!

"Poindexter, I do hear the police sirens nary approaching and I urge you to take flight as they shan't be receptive to your follies."

"Thank you, Jonathan. I bid thee farewell."
    So it's one extreme or the other? Man am I glad to not be saddled with your world view.
    Well what is it then? Don't make me configure the entire spectrum of likely scripts for this shit show. Ain't nobody got time for that.

All reports offer the scenario where some shitbird beat someone down and, at the bequest of his friends, kicked it up a couple notches and shot the victim in the head as he lied there helpless. How do you think that played out? Exactly what levels of intelligence were on display here that preclude making reference to such idiocy in as colorful manner as one might be inclined to do?

If it is established the killer discovered the victim had molested his child... I'll sincerely apologize. If it's revealed the dispute stemmed from a quarterback controversy... I was bang on.
    You know as well as I do that this case is not typical behavior. It is also not the first time you have jumped to this incredibly simplified and ridiculous view of Americans.
    It might not be typical, but it isn't exactly atypical either. Are you trying to say these senseless acts are really uncommon in the US? Given the seriousness of them... they happen with alarming frequency in my mind. Imagine if such acts were completely normal?

RG never thought the portrayal was too absurd or ridiculous. Remember... I was only referencing the bozos at the scene. I'm not depicting the good people that are as mortified as everyone else.
    dirty when can we go shooting together? you flying here or am I flying there? I already know the order of guns you are going to shoot.
    Scruffy...

You'd be a good dude to get together with.

Honestly... I'd be a big fan of going shooting too. When I'm in Vegas... I'm tempted by the gun shop- it would be a blast to fire some machine guns (rather spend my cash on other stuff).

If I'm ever making my way out there, you'll be the first person I message.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 3,049

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

Shoot 'm Cletus.

Reckon I should.

POW!

There. I dun went and shot 'm. Hmmm. Now what? Do you reckon I go to jail, Jimbob?

Yeah yeah, we get it. You think American gun owners are a bunch of dirty rednecks.

"I dare say, Jonathan, this chap has received a sufficient amount of blows and is now under my control."

"Poindexter, I humbly care to submit the notion that it is now incumbent upon you to complete the task you have embarked upon and discharge your weapon into his cranial region."

"Yes. Yes. Yes indeed. I do believe you are correct, Jonathan, with your assertion and I shall now discharge my sidearm into this chap's cranium."

POW!

"Poindexter, I do hear the police sirens nary approaching and I urge you to take flight as they shan't be receptive to your follies."

So it's one extreme or the other? Man am I glad to not be saddled with your world view.
    Well what is it then? Don't make me configure the entire spectrum of likely scripts for this shit show. Ain't nobody got time for that.

All reports offer the scenario where some shitbird beat someone down and, at the bequest of his friends, kicked it up a couple notches and shot the victim in the head as he lied there helpless. How do you think that played out? Exactly what levels of intelligence were on display here that preclude making reference to such idiocy in as colorful manner as one might be inclined to do?

If it is established the killer discovered the victim had molested his child... I'll sincerely apologize. If it's revealed the dispute stemmed from a quarterback controversy... I was bang on.
    You know as well as I do that this case is not typical behavior. It is also not the first time you have jumped to this incredibly simplified and ridiculous view of Americans.
    It might not be typical, but it isn't exactly atypical either. Are you trying to say these senseless acts are really uncommon in the US? Given the seriousness of them... they happen with alarming frequency in my mind. Imagine if such acts were completely normal?

RG never thought the portrayal was too absurd or ridiculous. Remember... I was only referencing the bozos at the scene. I'm not depicting the good people that are as mortified as everyone else.
    This time you referenced those in the Dallas murder. What about the other times you donned the Cletus personna?

I also believe that it was you who posted the article in the police abuse thread that states the majority of violent crime happens in urban areas with largely Black and Hispanic populations.

It seems to me that you have a great knack for disparaging a group of people who you know little to nothing about.....for what? A few laughs on an Internet forum?

Kudos to you!
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • dudeman said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

Shoot 'm Cletus.

Reckon I should.

POW!

POW!

This time you referenced those in the Dallas murder. What about the other times you donned the Cletus personna?

I also believe that it was you who posted the article in the police abuse thread that states the majority of violent crime happens in urban areas with largely Black and Hispanic populations.

It seems to me that you have a great knack for disparaging a group of people who you know little to nothing about.....for what? A few laughs on an Internet forum?

Kudos to you!
    No. I never posted that article, but did reference it. I never spoke poorly about the minorities although you insinuated I have. Which is uncool by the way.

Who am I disparaging? Murderers.

You have an issue with that? How come? Why do you think I should view people who shoot other people with more respect.

A few laughs are okay even if you think they're not.

If you want seriousness... go search my posting history- there's plenty of serious posts: some you might even like. But don't keep coming at me for mocking idiocy. A guy that goes and shoots some poor guy in the head after beating the shit out of him can wear the dunce cap.

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

Shoot 'm Cletus.

Reckon I should.

POW!

POW!

Kudos to you!
    No. I never posted that article, but did reference it. I never spoke poorly about the minorities although you insinuated I have. Which is uncool by the way.

You have an issue with that? How come? Why do you think I should view people who shoot other people with more respect.

If you want seriousness... go search my posting history- there's plenty of serious posts: some you might even like. But don't keep coming at me for mocking idiocy. A guy that goes and shoots some poor guy in the head after beating the shit out of him can wear the dunce cap.
    I didn't say you spoke poorly of minorities, you are speaking poorly of what you apparently perceive the gun owning public. (You know, the rednecks. )

I mentioned the article in that other thread because you pointed out that it is the minority population that commits the bulk of violent crime in this country, not the rednecks.

I'm right there with you in pointing the finger at murderers. I have had enough experience dealing with them in real life.

Anyway, maybe I'm a little too close to this subject matter so I'm having a hard time keeping my civility.

I apologize if I offended anyone.

Good night.
  • dudeman said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

Shoot 'm Cletus.

Reckon I should.

POW!

POW!

Kudos to you!

I didn't say you spoke poorly of minorities, you are speaking poorly of what you apparently perceive the gun owning public. (You know, the rednecks. )

I mentioned the article in that other thread because you pointed out that it is the minority population that commits the bulk of violent crime in this country, not the rednecks.

I'm right there with you in pointing the finger at murderers. I have had enough experience dealing with them in real life.

Anyway, maybe I'm a little too close to this subject matter so I'm having a hard time keeping my civility.

Good night.
    I obviously misunderstood what you were implying.

Hey... I'm not thinking anything poor about you and never was. I understand I have a style that rubs some the wrong way at times. But if you understand I'd never hurt anyone or wish harm on anything (unless they worked really hard at deserving it)... you'd find I'm more palatable.

Oh yeah... like you... I'm a massive fan of good music (played live preferably). Keep that in mind as well.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398

mcgruff10 said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

Shoot 'm Cletus.

Reckon I should.

POW!

POW!

dirty when can we go shooting together? you flying here or am I flying there? I already know the order of guns you are going to shoot.
    Scruffy...

Honestly... I'd be a big fan of going shooting too. When I'm in Vegas... I'm tempted by the gun shop- it would be a blast to fire some machine guns (rather spend my cash on other stuff).

Get your ass out here! Pj at MSG then ak s and ar s at the range!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

Shoot 'm Cletus.

Reckon I should.

POW!

POW!

Scruffy...

Pretty damn tempting, man.

Maybe revisit this when PJ announces their 2018 tour (if I haven't completely pissed you off by then LOL!).
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,101
    edited October 2015
    wrong thread...
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

Shoot 'm Cletus.

Reckon I should.

POW!

POW!

Scruffy...

Maybe revisit this when PJ announces their 2018 tour (if I haven't completely pissed you off by then LOL!).
    Seriously? We have to wait until 2018?

If I actually thought you had any inside info on this, I'd be pretty miffed at this point.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

Shoot 'm Cletus.

Reckon I should.

POW!

POW!

Scruffy...

If I actually thought you had any inside info on this, I'd be pretty miffed at this point.
    My humour's not winning me many friends these days.

I have no idea. I'll be ready when they announce though! I'll message you for sure (we will have the responsibility of showing Scruffy a good time).
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,387
    edited October 2015
    dudeman said:

dudeman said:

The shooter belongs in prison and so do the people who instigated and encouraged that murder.

I also don't think that this case is representative of America's Gun Violence. It's a perfect example of the mob mentality and complete lack value of human life that we face as a whole.
    Blame it on abortion.
    Why not blame it on the asshole that shot an innocent man in the head?

BTW, what did abortion ever do to you?
    Don't some blame the existence of abortion to the lack of value of human life that "we" face as a whole?

Abortion hasn't ever done anything to me. And you?
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

Shoot 'm Cletus.

Reckon I should.

POW!

POW!

Scruffy...

I have no idea. I'll be ready when they announce though! I'll message you for sure (we will have the responsibility of showing Scruffy a good time).
    Whatever you say, comrade.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

Shoot 'm Cletus.

Reckon I should.

POW!

POW!

Scruffy...

Whatever you say, comrade.
    Hahahahhaha
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,855

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

The shooter belongs in prison and so do the people who instigated and encouraged that murder.

I also don't think that this case is representative of America's Gun Violence. It's a perfect example of the mob mentality and complete lack value of human life that we face as a whole.
    Blame it on abortion.

Don't some blame the existence of abortion to the lack of value of human life that "we" face as a whole?

Blame it on abortion? WTF?

this fucking country was FOUNDED on violence. Grew on violence and dominates the world through violence.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • I guess one could argue that the shooter should have been aborted, right?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

Blame it on abortion.

I don't know what some do, but I think that access to abortions can be a great thing for the betterment of society.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    dudeman said:

Humans aren't very stable as a species.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    callen said:

dudeman said:

Humans aren't very stable as a species.
    Agreed.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    something anyone of US can do. the question is.......

WILL YOU?

http://mystudentapt.com/2015/10/06/theres-a-way-to-stop-mass-shootings-and-you-wont-like-it/

mickeyrat said:

WILL YOU?

http://mystudentapt.com/2015/10/06/theres-a-way-to-stop-mass-shootings-and-you-wont-like-it/

This! Wow, that sounds familiar.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,529
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    Wonder how many lbs of pressure is needed to fire an uncocked .357. And how much pressure is needed for a cocked .357.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,552
    dudeman said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

Shoot 'm Cletus.

Reckon I should.

POW!

POW!

Kudos to you!

Good night.
    in all fairness, I get why you were a tad annoyed at this display. I, too, have been on the other end of Thirty's "musings". But I think what he was meaning was not that all gun owners are inbred hicks, but that this particular gun owner was, and the mob that surrounded him.

and notwithstanding, the "intelligent fans" one was fucking funny.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

mickeyrat said:

WILL YOU?

I think that this approach would have a significant impact on the number of suicides in this country, too.
    dudeman said:

mickeyrat said:

WILL YOU?

I think that this approach would have a significant impact on the number of suicides in this country, too.
    agree. kinda handles two aspects of the "gun problem". At that point we can hopefully get a handle on the overall "generic" gun crime.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    mickeyrat said:

WILL YOU?

very cool article and one I can agree with.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mickeyrat said:

dudeman said:

mickeyrat said:

WILL YOU?

agree. kinda handles two aspects of the "gun problem". At that point we can hopefully get a handle on the overall "generic" gun crime.
    It's another form of "pay it forward"

mickeyrat said:

dudeman said:

mickeyrat said:

WILL YOU?

It's another form of "pay it forward"
    And for those who do work through and overcome, think of the gifts they would have to offer humanity even on a small scale.

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

This discussion has been closed.