Options

America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited November 2018
    rgambs said:
    I'm talking about people who are swindled by and peddlers of conspiracy theories from 4chan and alt-right news sources.  People who ascribe to crazy "truths" like false flags, the Clinton hit squad, globalist conspiracies, etc.
    People who seriously fear feminism, communism, and white genocide.  People who talk about defending themselves from society and government with their guns, and running over protestors who block roads with such zeal that it reads like eager fantasizing.  People who are consumed with opposition to perceived radical liberalism so fervently they can't see they are radical conservatives.
    When people display all those traits, they are fitting in with a pretty suspicious crowd.
    I understand what you are saying, and I would also be suspicious of people like that as well.  I’m still not sure who you are talking about though?  Seems a bit strawman in my opinion. Then again, I don’t keep up with every poster around here to be able to say “there is 100% no one like that here”.  
    I think I know who you are talking about on the AMT, but I have never been concerned about them to the extent that you obviously are.  
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,831
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    https://www.indystar.com/story/news/local/hamilton-county/education/2018/11/05/noblesville-west-middle-school-shooting-motive-ella-whistler-jason-seaman/1823155002/

This was the May shooting in my hometown....about a mile from my house and office.

Mother states that the family were "responsible gun owners"....yeah right
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    I'm talking about people who are swindled by and peddlers of conspiracy theories from 4chan and alt-right news sources.  People who ascribe to crazy "truths" like false flags, the Clinton hit squad, globalist conspiracies, etc.
    People who seriously fear feminism, communism, and white genocide.  People who talk about defending themselves from society and government with their guns, and running over protestors who block roads with such zeal that it reads like eager fantasizing.  People who are consumed with opposition to perceived radical liberalism so fervently they can't see they are radical conservatives.
    When people display all those traits, they are fitting in with a pretty suspicious crowd.
    I understand what you are saying, and I would also be suspicious of people like that as well.  I’m still not sure who you are talking about though?  Seems a bit strawman in my opinion. Then again, I don’t keep up with every poster around here to be able to say “there is 100% no one like that here”.  
    I think I know who you are talking about on the AMT, but I have never been concerned about them to the extent that you obviously are.  
    I don't think anyone on the AMT is violent and I'm not concerned about any of them, I was just making a point that drastic measures are the only thing that can stop this insanity. Even as a liberal who is willing to take some of those drastic steps, there are some which go to far, even if I think they would be effective.  Rounding up and interviewing, then keeping tabs on right wing extremists (as determined by internet activity) would be effective, IMO, but it isn't worth the erosion of freedom it would represent.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    rgambs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    I don't think anyone on the AMT is violent and I'm not concerned about any of them, I was just making a point that drastic measures are the only thing that can stop this insanity. Even as a liberal who is willing to take some of those drastic steps, there are some which go to far, even if I think they would be effective.  Rounding up and interviewing, then keeping tabs on right wing extremists (as determined by internet activity) would be effective, IMO, but it isn't worth the erosion of freedom it would represent.
    So what are some of those drastic steps, as a liberal, you are willing to take, if you don’t mind me asking?  
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    So what are some of those drastic steps, as a liberal, you are willing to take, if you don’t mind me asking?  
    Specific weapons and weapon accessory bans, a national registry and licensing process, strict penalties for improper storage, background checks and registration on all sales and transfers are a few...
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,321
    rgambs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    Specific weapons and weapon accessory bans, a national registry and licensing process, strict penalties for improper storage, background checks and registration on all sales and transfers are a few...
    nothing drastic at all as a matter of fact ! all sensible ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    nothing drastic at all as a matter of fact ! all sensible ...
    Depends who you ask lol

I would include all pistols and detachable magazine semi-automatic rifles and that is pretty drastic.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,521
    thetruthaboutguns!!!
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    thetruthaboutguns!!!
    Fake news?  Did it happen or not?
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,521
    PJPOWER said:
    Smellyman said:
    thetruthaboutguns!!!
    don't know, don't care, but the truth about guns will not be found from thetruthaboutguns website.

Tells me more about you than anything else.  Which is what we all thought anyway.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Smellyman said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Smellyman said:
    thetruthaboutguns!!!
    don't know, don't care, but the truth about guns will not be found from thetruthaboutguns website.

Tells me more about you than anything else.  Which is what we all thought anyway.
    Zzzzz

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    Shotgun is a better home defense weapon than a pistol.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Not if you cannot handle one.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Then get a revolver and a dog.  
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Then get a revolver and a dog.  
    I agree!  See, that wasn’t so hard :)
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,151
    edited November 2018
    Or lower the amounts of guns in circulation in your country, so people don't have to be so damn afraid and need to arm themselves when going to a burger place.

b-b-but cultural differences. Jesus carried a gun when riding his pet dinasaour!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,989
    Those guys are morons.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    dudeman said:
    Those guys are morons.
    Agreed, my best guess is that they came from some demonstration or something.  Not enough information.  What if they had on Sheriff badges?  Regardless, this is not something that you regularly see here.  I live in one of the most gun friendly states there is and have never seen people carrying their ar-15s into a restaurant.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    Or lower the amounts of guns in circulation in your country, so people don't have to be so damn afraid and need to arm themselves when going to a burger place.

b-b-but cultural differences. Jesus carried a gun when riding his pet dinasaour!
    if I saw that I'd walk the fuck out with half my burger still in my mouth. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    So? “Responsible” or not? Would a CCW permit holder be allowed to shoot them if their actions seemed threatening? Removed the objects that appear in the breech and acted threatening? What is the intent of someone wearing a gun made for war outside of a war zone?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Meh, as someone that knows a little about firearms, I would have spotted that there are objects on both guns impending the bolts from closing, rendering the firearms inoperable.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    PJPOWER said:

Meh, as someone that knows a little about firearms, I would have spotted that there are objects on both guns impending the bolts from closing, rearing the firearm inoperable.  
    Yeah I m guessing they are chamber flags. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    How tall was the person taking that picture?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:

Meh, as someone that knows a little about firearms, I would have spotted that there are objects on both guns impending the bolts from closing, rearing the firearm inoperable.  
    Yep, one looks like a zip tie.  Wonder if this was taken at a restaurant where a gun show was going on.  
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    How tall was the person taking that picture?
    Lol, I wondered that too!  At least 7 ft, haha.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,029
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:

Yep, one looks like a zip tie.  Wonder if this was taken at a restaurant where a gun show was going on.  
    Wondered the same thing.
    As someone already said, even in heavy pro-gun states you never seen this.
    My first thought was this was a gun show and they just bought them. Seems more plausible for why they are wearing them like that with zip ties around the slide, than just some random dudes walking into a restaurant. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:

Yeah that is what I am thinking.  Those rifles brand new.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:

Yeah that is what I am thinking.  Those rifles brand new.
    Right, but back to the point, if I knew nothing about firearms, I would totally be all “oh my guuuurd, scary black guns, run fo yo lives”
This discussion has been closed.