Options

America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,871
    PJPOWER said:

“Simply put, there is no reason that a person with good intentions would require a silencer,” Ryan said in a statement. “Those devices are strictly made for violent and insidious purposes.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/state-police-seize-major-firearms-cache-in-shirley/ar-BBPefpP?ocid=iehp

is Ryan having conscience issues on his way out?
    Marian T. Ryan, the district attorney, is who is quoted.
    OH, HAHA, I assumed it was Paul Ryan. Since he was being yammered about by Trump the other day. my bad for assuming and not reading. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJPOWER said:

“Simply put, there is no reason that a person with good intentions would require a silencer,” Ryan said in a statement. “Those devices are strictly made for violent and insidious purposes.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/state-police-seize-major-firearms-cache-in-shirley/ar-BBPefpP?ocid=iehp

is Ryan having conscience issues on his way out?
    Marian T. Ryan, the district attorney, is who is quoted.
    OH, HAHA, I assumed it was Paul Ryan. Since he was being yammered about by Trump the other day. my bad for assuming and not reading. 
    I thought the same when I first saw it!  
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I’m remembering when I caught crap for laughing at the dumbass protester that accidentally got shot in the face by some duck hunters.  I guess it’s okay to resume making fun of him again, right?  Hard to keep up with the hypocrisy around here.

Kind of a different situation isn't it?

If you're accidentally shot by your own hunting party (a dog no less)... that's different than what I think you're describing over there (some morons hunting ducks shoot a dude protesting something).
    You’re splitting hairs there.  I was told “pretty tasteless to make fun of someone getting shot”.  Here is the article for those that don’t remember:
    https://www.wideopenspaces.com/duck-hunting-protester-gets-accidentally-shot-face-video/
    What a dumb dumb!  That’s what she gets for being stupid!
    I just watched the video in your link.

There should have been charges. You don't discharge a weapon when there are people in your line of sight. Sure... she was annoying and crapped on the hunt, but she's human and needed to be treated with a modicum of respect when it comes to her physical safety.

And the video showed a flash of the guy responsible (ironic word, eh?) for the shot. Why does every time one of these types of stories, the guy at the root of it is some bucktoothed, one-eyed yokel fuelling the stereotype?
    The person that was shot is not much of a looker either, if we are making fun of the way people look.
    Tough to tell with the pellet holes in her face and blood running down her cheeks.

F**king idiot shot her in the face. You don't point guns at people. Even if they're ruining your fun.
    The article I read said it was an accident, not an intentional thing due to him being mad or anything like you are suggesting.  Fucking idiot shouldn’t have been where she was.  I’m guessing it was karma somehow or another...

You're out of your mind. Blaming the woman for protesting the duck hunt?

Of course she shouldn't have been there. It doesn't mean a f**king thing. You don't shoot your weapons in the direction of other people. You don't even point a weapon in the direction of another person. I never said it was intentional. I said it was wrecklessly careless and if you- speaking on behalf of all the 'responsible' gun owners- think this was acceptable gun behaviour... no f**king wonder America has 40,000 gun deaths per year.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I’m remembering when I caught crap for laughing at the dumbass protester that accidentally got shot in the face by some duck hunters.  I guess it’s okay to resume making fun of him again, right?  Hard to keep up with the hypocrisy around here.

If you're accidentally shot by your own hunting party (a dog no less)... that's different than what I think you're describing over there (some morons hunting ducks shoot a dude protesting something).
    You’re splitting hairs there.  I was told “pretty tasteless to make fun of someone getting shot”.  Here is the article for those that don’t remember:
    https://www.wideopenspaces.com/duck-hunting-protester-gets-accidentally-shot-face-video/

There should have been charges. You don't discharge a weapon when there are people in your line of sight. Sure... she was annoying and crapped on the hunt, but she's human and needed to be treated with a modicum of respect when it comes to her physical safety.

And the video showed a flash of the guy responsible (ironic word, eh?) for the shot. Why does every time one of these types of stories, the guy at the root of it is some bucktoothed, one-eyed yokel fuelling the stereotype?
    And this is the buck toothed one-eyed yokel?  You crack me up!

Yup.

This is the yokel I was referring to.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

The person that was shot is not much of a looker either, if we are making fun of the way people look.
    Tough to tell with the pellet holes in her face and blood running down her cheeks.

F**king idiot shot her in the face. You don't point guns at people. Even if they're ruining your fun.
    The article I read said it was an accident, not an intentional thing due to him being mad or anything like you are suggesting.  Fucking idiot shouldn’t have been where she was.  I’m guessing it was karma somehow or another...

Of course she shouldn't have been there. It doesn't mean a f**king thing. You don't shoot your weapons in the direction of other people. You don't even point a weapon in the direction of another person. I never said it was intentional. I said it was wrecklessly careless and if you- speaking on behalf of all the 'responsible' gun owners- think this was acceptable gun behaviour... no f**king wonder America has 40,000 gun deaths per year.
    I can't watch the video at work. do we know the shooter saw the woman?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

That was my first thought, but I guess I’m out of my mind for questioning thirty’s assumptions...oh well, back to my day!
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

I didn’t blame her for protesting.  I do blame her being dumb, protesting in an illegal way that put her directly in the line of fire...a place where no one should have been wading in waste deep water.
    Yes, maybe the hunter should have been more aware of his surroundings, but he was on a legal hunt shooting in a direction where no one should have been.  No fucking wonder I cannot take you seriously anymore.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

As a hunter... you are supposed to be very aware of your surroundings. You're not supposed to be wrecklessly firing a weapon when people are anywhere near the vicinity of your intended target.

You don't shoot over the head of a passing cyclist or hiker when trying to kill a deer. Just like you don't swing your shotgun in the direction of a duck flying by people standing in the water protesting your hunt.

If you shoot someone... you are responsible. Owning a gun demands high levels of responsibility. If you cannot be responsible at a heightened level... you shouldn't own one. That's the problem: too many f**king morons (like this guy).
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,661
    edited November 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

I didn’t blame her for protesting.  I do blame her being dumb, protesting in an illegal way that put her directly in the line of fire...a place where no one should have been wading in waste deep water.
    Yes, maybe the hunter should have been more aware of his surroundings, but he was on a legal hunt shooting in a direction where no one should have been.  No fucking wonder I cannot take you seriously anymore.
    How was her protest illegal? Was it private property?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,936
    Wait, the accidental shooting was in Australia and it was a 14 year old firing the weapon. The demonstrator was trying to retrieve the dead ducks.  I do 100% agree that you should always know your target and beyond but this demonstrator was in a really dangerous area. Who knows if she was behind some cattails or a small group of trees. Point is she shouldn’t  t have been there in the first place. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

hahahahahahahha

Talk about taking someone serious.

It's not the hunter's fault for shooting someone that was in the direction of his target because... get ready for it... she shouldn't have been there.

She shouldn't have been there. Well duh. But she was. And in plain sight. You speak as if she was breaking into Cletus's home and stealing his child.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Fantastic logic. You don't shoot someone interrupting your duck hunt unless you're a f**king moron. Pure and simple. She wasn't hiding in the reeds. She was standing there in the water being a pain in the ass. You don't shoot someone being a pain in the ass. You exercise great caution around them. You might call them a f**king idiot, but you take great care around them.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    Wait, the accidental shooting was in Australia and it was a 14 year old firing the weapon. The demonstrator was trying to retrieve the dead ducks.  I do 100% agree that you should always know your target and beyond but this demonstrator was in a really dangerous area. Who knows if she was behind some cattails or a small group of trees. Point is she shouldn’t  t have been there in the first place. 
    The hunters were well aware of the protestors though. There were several of them. It's not like they were sneaking around. The hunters decided to just keep firing despite the fact that there were protestors there getting in the way. That is not acceptable or reasonable, whether they hated the protestors or not. When there are people in your line of fire, you fucking stop shooting. Period.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

"There are human safety regulations under the Wildlife Act which make it an offence to enter the water before 10:00am when the hunting is occurring and these people were in the water when they shouldn't have been,"
    https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2011-03-20/duck-hunt-protester-shot-in-face/2651454
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

"There are human safety regulations under the Wildlife Act which make it an offence to enter the water before 10:00am when the hunting is occurring and these people were in the water when they shouldn't have been,"
    https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2011-03-20/duck-hunt-protester-shot-in-face/2651454
    But didn't I see hunters in the water too?
    Well, either way, it makes no difference. It doesn't matter if they were supposed to be in the water or not. You don't shoot at or around people just because they're in your way.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    What about the guy who was in a boat fishing in the Everglades shot dead by a couple of “responsible” gun owners shooting their guns for “fun?” Neither were charged. ‘Murica.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

So a f**king person walks on to the highway where they shouldn't be. Just run them over? Don't slow down? Don't stop? Just keep going because they shouldn't be there?

Good gawd man. And you're one of the better speakers for gun rights. Eesh. Minus 10 points.
  • Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited November 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

But didn't I see hunters in the water too?
    Well, either way, it makes no difference. It doesn't matter if they were supposed to be in the water or not. You don't shoot at or around people just because they're in your way.
    His contribution means diddly shit. The protestors were unlawfully in the water. Arrest them. You don't shoot them and shrug your shoulders saying "They shouldn't have been there."

It's idiotic at best.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The hunters were well aware of the protestors though. There were several of them. It's not like they were sneaking around. The hunters decided to just keep firing despite the fact that there were protestors there getting in the way. That is not acceptable or reasonable, whether they hated the protestors or not. When there are people in your line of fire, you fucking stop shooting. Period.
    that's what I was asking. thanks. 

hunter's fault. 100%. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Exactly.  It’s like running out in front of people firing at a gun range.  Sure, people are supposed to be watching out to the best of their ability, but if someone runs out there and gets shot, most would put the blame on the person running out where they shouldn’t be.  

• Options
    edited November 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

So a f**king person walks on to the highway where they shouldn't be. Just run them over? Don't slow down? Don't stop? Just keep going because they shouldn't be there?

Good gawd man. And you're one of the better speakers for gun rights. Eesh. Minus 10 points.
    No, but they sure as hell increase their chances of getting run over, right? That’s my only point. You are the one that had a hissy fit and blew things out of proportion.  Nothing new though, have a nice werkend :)

Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Exactly.  It’s like running out in front of people firing at a gun range.  Sure, people are supposed to be watching out to the best of their ability, but if someone runs out there and gets shot, most would put the blame on the person running out where they shouldn’t be.  

if she's wading through water to get the ducks, she wasn't "running out" where she shouldn't have been. this isn't like running into traffic from behind a tree. she would have been lumbering through there slowly and noisily. unless she was purposely hiding from the shooters, ducking down, avoiding being seen (which is generally not what protesters do, LOL), this is 100% on the shooter. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,843
    PJPOWER said:
    mcgruff10 said:

No, it’s not like walking into a firing range, for the simple fact that the wilderness is not a firing range and the laws and guidelines around hunting are generally pretty clear about what the hunters’ responsibilities are to ensure they are not firing when there might be people in the line of fire. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Dumb shot and an even dumber spot to protest. Protestor never should have been there. 
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    Dumb shot and an even dumber spot to protest. Protestor never should have been there. 
    I think it's a very appropriate place for someone protesting duck hunting, lol. Where else are they going to do it? Why should they have not been there? They have a right to protest. Now go drink some wine, you. =)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I think it's a very appropriate place for someone protesting duck hunting, lol. Where else are they going to do it? Why should they have not been there? They have a right to protest. Now go drink some wine, you. =)
    Will do!  Cheers and have a great weekend. And I still think it is dumb to protest in a hunting area.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Will do!  Cheers and have a great weekend. And I still think it dumb to protest in a hunting area.  
    Dumb. Fucking disgusting finding amusement in murdering other living, breathing, feeling creatures. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yes to #1. No to #2 (for what Soul said).

Where I think she was out of line was protesting the legal hunt. I support hunters hunting for their food. I don't support a knob like Carson Wentz killing 100s of ducks and posing for a nude selfie on top of the corpses, but I respect ethical hunters and the right to hunt for their protein.
  • Options
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,323
    There’s not a safe place in this country from gun violence ! I challenge any of the pro gun folks to point us where that safe place is ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Maybe we need to legalize prostitution so these incels can get laid? Or take their guns away when they sexual assault someone? Just another “responsible” gun owner, I guess.

https://www.ajc.com/news/who-was-scott-beierle-the-shooter-the-tallahassee-yoga-shop/RnAVWFBLNHzv8zzSXaqQnN/

Brilliantati©
This discussion has been closed.