Options

America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited November 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    I’m remembering when I caught crap for laughing at the dumbass protester that accidentally got shot in the face by some duck hunters.  I guess it’s okay to resume making fun of him again, right?  Hard to keep up with the hypocrisy around here.

Kind of a different situation isn't it?

If you're accidentally shot by your own hunting party (a dog no less)... that's different than what I think you're describing over there (some morons hunting ducks shoot a dude protesting something).
    You’re splitting hairs there.  I was told “pretty tasteless to make fun of someone getting shot”.  Here is the article for those that don’t remember:
    https://www.wideopenspaces.com/duck-hunting-protester-gets-accidentally-shot-face-video/
    What a dumb dumb!  That’s what she gets for being stupid!
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,903
    PJPOWER said:
    I’m remembering when I caught crap for laughing at the dumbass protester that accidentally got shot in the face by some duck hunters.  I guess it’s okay to resume making fun of him again, right?  Hard to keep up with the hypocrisy around here..../s
    how is that the same? maybe if the protester got hit in the head with his own cardboard sign or something, but getting shot in the face while unarmed is a tad different. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I’m remembering when I caught crap for laughing at the dumbass protester that accidentally got shot in the face by some duck hunters.  I guess it’s okay to resume making fun of him again, right?  Hard to keep up with the hypocrisy around here.

If you're accidentally shot by your own hunting party (a dog no less)... that's different than what I think you're describing over there (some morons hunting ducks shoot a dude protesting something).
    You’re splitting hairs there.  I was told “pretty tasteless to make fun of someone getting shot”.  Here is the article for those that don’t remember:
    https://www.wideopenspaces.com/duck-hunting-protester-gets-accidentally-shot-face-video/
    I just watched the video in your link.

There should have been charges. You don't discharge a weapon when there are people in your line of sight. Sure... she was annoying and crapped on the hunt, but she's human and needed to be treated with a modicum of respect when it comes to her physical safety.

And the video showed a flash of the guy responsible (ironic word, eh?) for the shot. Why does every time one of these types of stories, the guy at the root of it is some bucktoothed, one-eyed yokel fuelling the stereotype?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

I gotta be honest here.....pjpower isn't wrong on the hypocrisy front. A lot of us laughed when Cheney shot Whittington. I don't recall exactly, but I could see myself as being one of them. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    I’m remembering when I caught crap for laughing at the dumbass protester that accidentally got shot in the face by some duck hunters.  I guess it’s okay to resume making fun of him again, right?  Hard to keep up with the hypocrisy around here..../s
    how is that the same? maybe if the protester got hit in the head with his own cardboard sign or something, but getting shot in the face while unarmed is a tad different. 
    Because I was attacked for not having empathy towards the person injured.  It has nothing to do with the actual situation.  Both involved people doing stupid unsafe things and getting shot because of their idiocracy so I do not see any problem making fun of both situations.  
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

There should have been charges. You don't discharge a weapon when there are people in your line of sight. Sure... she was annoying and crapped on the hunt, but she's human and needed to be treated with a modicum of respect when it comes to her physical safety.

And the video showed a flash of the guy responsible (ironic word, eh?) for the shot. Why does every time one of these types of stories, the guy at the root of it is some bucktoothed, one-eyed yokel fuelling the stereotype?
    The person that was shot is not much of a looker either, if we are making fun of the way people look.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Because I was attacked for not having empathy towards the person injured.  It has nothing to do with the actual situation.  Both involved people doing stupid unsafe things and getting shot because of their idiocracy so I do not see any problem making fun of both situations.  
    fair point. see my post above yours. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    fair point. see my post above yours. 
    I did, and I agree ;)
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

The person that was shot is not much of a looker either, if we are making fun of the way people look.
    Tough to tell with the pellet holes in her face and blood running down her cheeks.

F**king idiot shot her in the face. You don't point guns at people. Even if they're ruining your fun.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Tough to tell with the pellet holes in her face and blood running down her cheeks.

F**king idiot shot her in the face. You don't point guns at people. Even if they're ruining your fun.
    The article I read said it was an accident, not an intentional thing due to him being mad or anything like you are suggesting.  Fucking idiot shouldn’t have been where she was.  I’m guessing it was karma somehow or another...

Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

The article I read said it was an accident, not an intentional thing due to him being mad or anything like you are suggesting.  Fucking idiot shouldn’t have been where she was.  I’m guessing it was karma somehow or another...

1A comes before 2A but you know that.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

And this is the buck toothed one-eyed yokel?  You crack me up!

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Fucking idiots shouldn't be firing guns with other people in sight.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Thanks for letting me know you can count to two, #Ptape

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Possibly, but she was in a prohibited area at a prohibited time...
    She was putting herself in danger by breaking the law.
    This happened in Australia, btw.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Just another “responsible” gun owner.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Better than thinking 2 comes before 1 and not knowing how to count at all. #indictments

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Better than thinking 2 comes before 1 and not knowing how to count at all. #indictments

Wtf are you even talking about now #Ptape?  You realize this happened in Australia, right?  Your 1 before 2 bullshit doesn’t even apply.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Wtf are you even talking about now #Ptape?  You realize this happened in Australia, right?  Your 1 before 2 bullshit doesn’t even apply.
    Triggered

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Triggered
    Yes, my eye rolling has definitely been triggered, snowflake #Ptape

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Triggered
    Yes, my eye rolling has definitely been triggered, snowflake #Ptape

Bully 

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,682
    edited November 2018
    Okay you knuckleheads. Move it along. LOL
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Okay you knuckleheads. Move it along. LOL
    But mom!  He started it!  Lol
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Triggered
    good god man. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

I gotta be honest here.....pjpower isn't wrong on the hypocrisy front. A lot of us laughed when Cheney shot Whittington. I don't recall exactly, but I could see myself as being one of them. 
    I laughed when the old dude apologized to Dick for Dick shooting him in the face
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

I laughed when the old dude apologized to Dick for Dick shooting him in the face
    “Dick shooting him in the face” is enough to make anyone chuckle.

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,137
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Triggered
    good god man. 
    no kidding.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

“Simply put, there is no reason that a person with good intentions would require a silencer,” Ryan said in a statement. “Those devices are strictly made for violent and insidious purposes.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/state-police-seize-major-firearms-cache-in-shirley/ar-BBPefpP?ocid=iehp

Brilliantati©
  • Options

“Simply put, there is no reason that a person with good intentions would require a silencer,” Ryan said in a statement. “Those devices are strictly made for violent and insidious purposes.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/state-police-seize-major-firearms-cache-in-shirley/ar-BBPefpP?ocid=iehp

is Ryan having conscience issues on his way out?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

is Ryan having conscience issues on his way out?
    Marian T. Ryan, the district attorney, is who is quoted.
This discussion has been closed.