Options

America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    unsung said:

So if I'm on vacation and two hoods break in and crack my safe and steal my guns then go out on a killing spree and maim hundreds I should be on trial?

And you guys wonder why your side isn't taken with any real amount of seriousness?

It all makes sense now.

You're the kind of guy that brings his guns with him on vacation.

Move on people- he's too far gone.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    unsung said:

rgambs said:

Yes exactly, it's the folks on vacation who keep their guns locked in safes that we are after in particular. You take everything to the extreme always, it's like listening to talk radio or cable news.
    And who are you to say we aren't taken seriously, most of the freaking planet is in agreement with us.

Excuse me for being obvious but that was what was said. If my guns were stolen then I should be charged as an accessory to the crime. No?

Actually this is what was said

i believe that if it is found that you didn't store your gun properly and that gun is used in a crime that you should be changed and your license revoke.

So, as usual youtake something to the extreme in order to mock it and you walk away smug like you won with logic. While I am dropping accusations, you have a real habit of ignoring the better arguments made against you and returning later with more hyperbole. Such as the maps and articles CM posted to show the reality of red states vs. blue states when you claimed democrats and liberals are to blame for all the worst areas of the country.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    CM189191 said:

unsung said:

So if I'm on vacation and two hoods break in and crack my safe and steal my guns then go out on a killing spree and maim hundreds I should be on trial?

And you guys wonder why your side isn't taken with any real amount of seriousness?

With power comes responsibility. You want the responsibility of owning a powerful instrument of death; then you should pay the consequences for the damage and harm it causes.

Perhaps a mandatory gun-owners insurance policy would cover it?

I had to quote that. I didn't believe it was possible to be so dense.

But in your short time on these forums I'm finding that you are nearing championship status.
  • Options
    unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

With power comes responsibility. You want the responsibility of owning a powerful instrument of death; then you should pay the consequences for the damage and harm it causes.

I had to quote that. I didn't believe it was possible to be so dense.

But in your short time on these forums I'm finding that you are nearing championship status.
    Of course, why should someone have to pay for insurance, the government can just use taxes to pay for the damage done... Oh wait that's not acceptable either, I guess we should just leave mass shooting victims to worry about themselves?
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    edited October 2014

unsung said:

It all makes sense now.

You're the kind of guy that brings his guns with him on vacation.

Move on people- he's too far gone.
    Maybe you should re-read what I said.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

unsung said:

rgambs said:

Yes exactly, it's the folks on vacation who keep their guns locked in safes that we are after in particular. You take everything to the extreme always, it's like listening to talk radio or cable news.
    And who are you to say we aren't taken seriously, most of the freaking planet is in agreement with us.

Excuse me for being obvious but that was what was said. If my guns were stolen then I should be charged as an accessory to the crime. No?

Actually this is what was said

i believe that if it is found that you didn't store your gun properly and that gun is used in a crime that you should be changed and your license revoke.

So, as usual youtake something to the extreme in order to mock it and you walk away smug like you won with logic. While I am dropping accusations, you have a real habit of ignoring the better arguments made against you and returning later with more hyperbole. Such as the maps and articles CM posted to show the reality of red states vs. blue states when you claimed democrats and liberals are to blame for all the worst areas of the country.

Thanks for clarifying exactly what I thought was said.
  • Options
    Who's dense here?
    A gun locked in a safe is a condition that would be co nsidered stored properly which would protect you from charges/revoked licensed.
    And you added vacation to make your case more extreme.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited October 2014
    one can legally hang their gun on the wall in a gun rack w/ a cable lock through the chamber leaving it wide open & w/ no bullets in it. or store the guns in a glass & wood cabinet. nothing illegal about that at all. go on, steel the guns, shoot up the place killing ppl so the gun owner can go to prison

steel their blender. take the stolen blender home then wedge a guys hand in it so the owner can go to prison
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    I better take the wheels off of my car so they don't speed on the highway after they steal it. I can't get another ticket right now.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    edited October 2014
    rgambs said:

you have a real habit of ignoring the better arguments made against you and returning later with more hyperbole.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. These folks are like jell-o: all wiggle and no substance. Nothing but deflection and ignoring facts in favor of fervor. Such very scared jell-o.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Jell-o? More like jell-no!

Wish this topic weren't so black and white in the views of some.

Closes the door and by that, constructive discussion.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    unsung said:

callen said:

America has put so many restrictions on guns and brain washed so many people into beleiving only bad guys have guns that the rest of the public has become paranoied at even the mention of a gun.

Godfather.

What restrictions?

Anyone in the US can go to a gun show and buy a gun. No restrictions.

That's the beauty with arguing against you guys, it's easy because people actually believe that statement. We just sit back and laugh while Mitt Romney eats babies.
    How is my statement false. No background checks to buy gun at a show. Only from gun store. Also can buy from another individual with no restrictions.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    edited October 2014
    unsung said:

callen said:

America has put so many restrictions on guns and brain washed so many people into beleiving only bad guys have guns that the rest of the public has become paranoied at even the mention of a gun.

Godfather.

What restrictions?

Anyone in the US can go to a gun show and buy a gun. No restrictions.
    That's the beauty with arguing against you guys, it's easy because people actually believe that statement. We just sit back and laugh while Mitt Romney eats babies.
    Gun show loophole: refers to private sellers at gun shows not being required to perform a background check on private buyers. 17 U.S. states require background checks at gun shows. The remaining 33 states do not restrict private, intrastate sales of firearms at gun shows in any manner.

i.e. anyone in 33 states can go to a gunshow and buy a gun. No restrictions, no background check, no waiting period, no limit.

How is this inaccurate? Seems pretty dead on - pardon the pun.

The NRA eats Corgis

....but hey, you know, facts and words and reality and numbers and stuff and things....

wahr's mah gunns at?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    fife said:

fife said:

Godfather.

can you tell me what restriction you have an issue with.

no one believes that only bad guys have guns. we are talking about making restriction on gun ownership.
    when you say gun ownership what exactly do you mean ? resctrict the owners from what ? there are many restrictions already in place and so many people want more...what else is there to take away with out outlawing guns ? I live in california and there are pleanty of restrictions as far as what is legal to own, look out Arizona here I come.

Godfather.

hey Godfather, first off i asked if you can give me an example of a restriction that you have a problem with. can you please answer that question?

as to answer your questions, what i mean my gun ownership is this. I believe that there should be a restriction on the who can gets guns. i believe that if you want to buy a gun not only should there be a background check on you but anyone else in the household. I believe that all guns should be registered even if it is passed along to family members. I believe that if you were convicted of any violent crime you should not be able to able to get a gun. i believe that anyone who has/had a restraining order placed on them should not be able to purchase a gun.

I believe that you should have to renew gun licenses every year and do a back ground check every year again along with anyone else in the household.

i believe that anyone who has/had a restraining order placed on them should not be able to purchase a gun.

I believe that you should have to renew gun licenses every year and do a back ground check every year again along with anyone else in the household.

i believe that if it is found that you didn't store your gun properly and that gun is used in a crime that you should be changed and your license revoke

1) disagree,that's a broad statement my father had a restraining order placed on him by my mother when they got devorsed and altho it broke his heart he never got violent.

2) straight up hitler mentailaty there boss I have to disagree.

3) disagree, are you saying that you really need the government that deep into your personal business that they have the right to control even more of what goes on in your home ?
    maybe they should revoke your drivers lic. if you don't lock your car at night.

But...I do agree on back ground checks and mental records should be accesable during a back ground check

we agree on some issues.

Godfather.
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

unsung said:

wow !!!!!!! that is just the most far out of touch statement i have seen on here, are you serious ?
    by the way how much money does it take to bring back a dead victim or even a dead intruder, and besides your auto or home owners insur. will cover the cost of a stollin gun right ?

Godfather.

• Options
    Jason P said:

Due to an accident while cleaning his gun, Jose Conseco will never be able to do this again unless he has a real good surgeon ...

hahhahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahha !!!!!!!

Godfather.

• Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327

fife said:

fife said:

Godfather.

can you tell me what restriction you have an issue with.

no one believes that only bad guys have guns. we are talking about making restriction on gun ownership.
    when you say gun ownership what exactly do you mean ? resctrict the owners from what ? there are many restrictions already in place and so many people want more...what else is there to take away with out outlawing guns ? I live in california and there are pleanty of restrictions as far as what is legal to own, look out Arizona here I come.

Godfather.

hey Godfather, first off i asked if you can give me an example of a restriction that you have a problem with. can you please answer that question?

as to answer your questions, what i mean my gun ownership is this. I believe that there should be a restriction on the who can gets guns. i believe that if you want to buy a gun not only should there be a background check on you but anyone else in the household. I believe that all guns should be registered even if it is passed along to family members. I believe that if you were convicted of any violent crime you should not be able to able to get a gun. i believe that anyone who has/had a restraining order placed on them should not be able to purchase a gun.

i believe that anyone who has/had a restraining order placed on them should not be able to purchase a gun.

i believe that if it is found that you didn't store your gun properly and that gun is used in a crime that you should be changed and your license revoke

1) disagree,that's a broad statement my father had a restraining order placed on him by my mother when they got devorsed and altho it broke his heart he never got violent.

2) straight up hitler mentailaty there boss I have to disagree.

3) disagree, are you saying that you really need the government that deep into your personal business that they have the right to control even more of what goes on in your home ?
    maybe they should revoke your drivers lic. if you don't lock your car at night.

But...I do agree on back ground checks and mental records should be accesable during a back ground check

we agree on some issues.

Godfather.
    how is believing that people should renew a gun license and get back ground check every year Hitler like? that's an insult to the people in Germany when Hitler was there. that is not even close to Hitler like. have a gun is a great responsibility and I don't think going through a background check once a year is that bad.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    smokers should have a seperate & inflated insurance policy.
    smokers puffing away in their cars should be fined for not paying attention.
    smokers handle a deadly habit constantly in their hands & mouths, this kills ppl not even smoking
    wake up smokers, you are selfish, oneway & horribly addicted. this is weakness
    thank you for getting sick & helping raise medical costs

so let's see....

carry cigarettes or a gun? i would not ever in 4,200,091,981,999,999,999,999,999,999 years ever carry cigarettes. i would never in the life span of 133 billion suns/stars ever touch a cigarette or have a pack sitting in my house, car or on my property.

all smokers should be made file official government documentation at their local courhouse, it's not a all day event but close, something like 4-6 hrs depending on the smoker. & this is required quarterly

yep i used to smoke. yep i was a frickin idiot

Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    to avoid owning a firearm for home protection i will get myself a badass katana samurai sword. at nearly $3,000 this should do the trick quite nicely. i place my order & 4-6 weeks later i have my home security weapon. such a fine handcrafted blade

9 years later

some frickin moron breaks into my home whilst i'm at a justin bieber concert. he stole my katana & as he ran from the police he found himself at a nursing home where he ran a few innocent old women through... the sick fucker ran a steel blade through a couple of nice great grandmothers.
    that's my frickin sword dammit!

guess im going to prison
    congratulations

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

to avoid owning a firearm for home protection i will get myself a badass katana samurai sword. at nearly $3,000 this should do the trick quite nicely. i place my order & 4-6 weeks later i have my home security weapon. such a fine handcrafted blade

9 years later

some frickin moron breaks into my home whilst i'm at a justin bieber concert. he stole my katana & as he ran from the police he found himself at a nursing home where he ran a few innocent old women through... the sick fucker ran a steel blade through a couple of nice great grandmothers.

guess im going to prison
    congratulations

like many people here , you are fighting an argument that no one has said. we have said that if you own a gun it should be locked up just like the NRA said it should be. if your gun was locked up the right way then you are not punished if it is stolen and used in a crime. pretty self explanatory

http://training.nra.org/nra-gun-safety-rules.aspx

if you don't have your guns locked up and they are stolen , you should lose your license to own a gun and if that gun was used in a crime, you should be charged not for the crime but for not keeping your gun safely stored.
  • Options
    chadwick said:

one can legally hang their gun on the wall in a gun rack w/ a cable lock through the chamber leaving it wide open & w/ no bullets in it. or store the guns in a glass & wood cabinet. nothing illegal about that at all. go on, steel the guns, shoot up the place killing ppl so the gun owner can go to prison

steel their blender. take the stolen blender home then wedge a guys hand in it so the owner can go to prison

again, if the gun is stored just like you wrote here then you have done your job. what peopel here are talking about it the stupid people who keep their guns in bed stand or under their pillow and things like that.
  • Options
    chadwick said:

smokers should have a seperate & inflated insurance policy.
    smokers puffing away in their cars should be fined for not paying attention.
    smokers handle a deadly habit constantly in their hands & mouths, this kills ppl not even smoking
    wake up smokers, you are selfish, oneway & horribly addicted. this is weakness
    thank you for getting sick & helping raise medical costs

so let's see....

carry cigarettes or a gun? i would not ever in 4,200,091,981,999,999,999,999,999,999 years ever carry cigarettes. i would never in the life span of 133 billion suns/stars ever touch a cigarette or have a pack sitting in my house, car or on my property.

all smokers should be made file official government documentation at their local courhouse, it's not a all day event but close, something like 4-6 hrs depending on the smoker. & this is required quarterly

yep i used to smoke. yep i was a frickin idiot

BOOM SCHOKA LOCKA LOCKA ! it's been 11 months for me, awesome post man.

Godfather.

• Options
    fife said:

chadwick said:

9 years later

guess im going to prison
    congratulations

like many people here , you are fighting an argument that no one has said. we have said that if you own a gun it should be locked up just like the NRA said it should be. if your gun was locked up the right way then you are not punished if it is stolen and used in a crime. pretty self explanatory

if you don't have your guns locked up and they are stolen , you should lose your license to own a gun and if that gun was used in a crime, you should be charged not for the crime but for not keeping your gun safely stored.
    well buddy I have to call bullshit on that, with all due resoect.

Godfather.

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    hahaha ''God'' this is ''perfect'' so ''good''..
  • Options

fife said:

chadwick said:

9 years later

guess im going to prison
    congratulations

well buddy I have to call bullshit on that, with all due resoect.

Godfather.

what are you calling bullshit on exactly?

also i asked before and this will be the 3rd time i ask. what restriction do you currently not like concerning gun ownership.
  • Options
    chadwick said:

9 years later

guess im going to prison
    congratulations

I'll come visit you and bring some smokes you can use for barter.... =)) um but then again we might be cellies :))

Godfather.
  • Options
    fife said:

chadwick said:

9 years later

guess im going to prison
    congratulations

I think that one should face charges for losing their gun in certain situations. For example, somebody on these boards spoke of their neighbour that left their pistol in their car and that was stolen. If that gun ends up in a crime, I feel the original owner of the gun was grossly negligent in his responsibilities as a gun owner (gross negligence being the operative terms and qualifier here).

Guns are supposed to be stored separately from their ammunition and in a locker within a home, but I have come to understand that many owners have their guns lying around their home so that they:

1. Are prepared for home invaders (sitting in their lazy-boy, facing their front door and spinning their .45 on their trigger finger waiting for them).

2. Are ready for civil war against the tyrannical government (watching Fox news for any breaking story).

3. Can massage their guns and take nude selfies with them ("Would you do me? I'd do me!").

Regardless, if somebody broke into one's home and stole their gun... they did break a lock to do so. As irresponsible as they might have been for properly storing their weapons, this situation doesn't warrant criminal charges as much as it 'might' suspended ownership privileges.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Funny TB. Course remember this is a family board so keep your sexual fantasies to yourself. 8-X
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Also I don know of any laws that state that guns and ammo have to be stored separately. There is nothing illegal about a gun being stored in a locked vehicle either.
  • Options
    ejleonjr said:

Also I don know of any laws that state that guns and ammo have to be stored separately. There is nothing illegal about a gun being stored in a locked vehicle either.

I don't believe that it is a law but it has been suggested by many organization including the NRA on how to properly store guns.
This discussion has been closed.