Options

America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2015
    Fuck yeah 30bills
    ?m=02&d=20150103&t=2&i=1011484200&w=976&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=2015-01-03T060509Z_1_GM1EA8R02E801_RTRMADP_0_MIDEAST-GAZA
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    Fuck yeah 30bills
    ?m=02&d=20150103&t=2&i=1011484200&w=976&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=2015-01-03T060509Z_1_GM1EA8R02E801_RTRMADP_0_MIDEAST-GAZA

Hahaha!

Going to a Pearl Jam preparty (better not disagree with their choice of best album or best song too vehemently).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,760
    edited January 2015
    An interesting article about the CDC and research on gun violence, how gun-toting advocates are misinterpreting it, and how research isn't being done, although it doesn't actually say why in the hell it's not being done. Gun-rights folks say it's because of Obama, but actually I haven't read anything showing that to be factual. Could be, but it seems like just a guess.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/01/16/the-study-that-gun-rights-activists-keep-citing-but-completely-misunderstand/?wpisrc=nl_wnkpm&wpmm=1
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    this is not a story about gun violence but was an interested story.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/23/travel/tsa-seizes-record-number-guns-2014/index.html

why are people bring guns onto a plane esp. on a carry on? do they think they will get the gun on the plane?
  • Options
    mikepegg44mikepegg44 Posts: 3,353
    fife wrote: »

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/23/travel/tsa-seizes-record-number-guns-2014/index.html

why are people bring guns onto a plane esp. on a carry on? do they think they will get the gun on the plane?

Any time I start a sentence with that I already know the answer before I am done asking..."Well...people are stupid" is almost always the answer.

that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    It is terrifying when you are too stupid to know who is dumb
    - Joe Rogan
  • Options

i wonder what the penalty is for this
  • Options
    Stickman12 wrote: »

i wonder what the penalty is for this

it looks like it is a max fine of 10k. i would have thought that it would be more serious
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,164
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Speechless.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,111

bwahahahahaha. how utterly ridiculous that this is fucking legal. unbelievable.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    doesn't Florida have a stand your ground law? if so and this guy is shooting in his front lawn can't someone just shoot him stating that they were afraid for their safety?

if you are so fucking lazy and can'5t go to shooting range why not put the shooting range in the backyard?
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    i dont know whats worse, a gunmen, knife attacker, kidnapper or rapist, all in my bin bag if you ask me, and you have to look out for them....
  • Options
    not really a story of gun violence but what the fuck.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/03/us/north-carolina-mall-gun-arrest/index.html

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    I'll bet if you look up the stats more people are killed with hammers and knives than guns in the US....just say'n

Godfather.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844

I'll bet if you look up the stats more people are killed with hammers and knives than guns in the US....just say'n

Godfather.

Or maybe not.

http://www.gunfaq.org/2013/02/murder-weapons-2011-guns-68-knives-13-blunt-objects-4-personal-weapons-6-other-9/

68% of murder weapons are guns, 13% knives, 4% blunt weapons.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,047

Godfather.

that stat is true if you are talking about only rifles or shotguns (both separate categories). lots of people want to ban certain types of rifles because they look scary but in reality they account for less than 5% of people murdered.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    mcgruff10 said:

Godfather.

that stat is true if you are talking about only rifles or shotguns (both separate categories). lots of people want to ban certain types of rifles because they look scary but in reality they account for less than 5% of people murdered.
    Yes, it's true if you count only rifles, but that would be ridiculous, wouldn't it? And GF said "guns", not "rifles", so presumably he was including handguns.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

Godfather.

Yes, it's true if you count only rifles, but that would be ridiculous, wouldn't it? And GF said "guns", not "rifles", so presumably he was including handguns.
    Yeah gf was definitely wrong. He said all guns.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,473
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/07/10/421789047/fbi-says-background-check-error-let-charleston-shooting-suspect-buy-gun

Yep just a little info maybe could of saved those lives but since all the gun nuts think its an invasion of your 2nd AMENDMENT let just keep selling guns to more demented folks ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/07/10/421789047/fbi-says-background-check-error-let-charleston-shooting-suspect-buy-gun

Yep just a little info maybe could of saved those lives but since all the gun nuts think its an invasion of your 2nd AMENDMENT let just keep selling guns to more demented folks ....

what is with all you guys who use names like gun nuts, fucktartds etc. is that the only way you can get your point across ? I mean if thats all fine and good here on the train I got a few I'd like to use LOL! just messin with ya Jose.

Godfather.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,473

what is with all you guys who use names like gun nuts, fucktartds etc. is that the only way you can get your point across ? I mean if thats all fine and good here on the train I got a few I'd like to use LOL! just messin with ya Jose.

Godfather.

Hey buddy i know , but i didn't use fucktards to describe the nuts that run the NRA ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Godfather.

Hey buddy i know , but i didn't use fucktards to describe the nuts that run the NRA ....
    hahhahhahhahaha yes sir I know you don't !

Godfather.

• Options

Godfather.

But you could have done so and not miss a beat. I mean... a spade is a spade.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

Godfather.

Seriously, what is the difference between the nra and aclu? Both defend each respected amendment to the extreme.
  • Options
    I think it's funny that train members use names to discribe a group they don't agree with...and then justify it to them selfs LOL ! there are durogritory names for EVERY group of people and originazion
    sooooooo shal we use them freely ?

Godfather.
  • Options
    I think it's great when they use names. they look like whiny little kids throwing a temper tantrum. oh boohoo you don't believe what I do so you're insane and stupid. wahhhhhh. all the things that kill in my life kick ass but you're a crazy wacko because you don't do whatever it takes to save lives by getting rid of guns. wahhhhhhh. I don't want the general population to be able to defend themselves against armed criminals. I want the same thing as murderers and rapists and it's all good because I want guns off the street and you're insane in the membrane if you don't believe that too.wahhhhhhhhh. jose gets a pass though because he believes everything about guns is pure evil. even an Olympian that shoots for sport is the spawn of satan. heheheh

side note, a spade is a spade is racist. let's toss that saying in with the confederate flag and get it banned.
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • Options

I think it's great when they use names. they look like whiny little kids throwing a temper tantrum. oh boohoo you don't believe what I do so you're insane and stupid. wahhhhhh. all the things that kill in my life kick ass but you're a crazy wacko because you don't do whatever it takes to save lives by getting rid of guns. wahhhhhhh. I don't want the general population to be able to defend themselves against armed criminals. I want the same thing as murderers and rapists and it's all good because I want guns off the street and you're insane in the membrane if you don't believe that too.wahhhhhhhhh. jose gets a pass though because he believes everything about guns is pure evil. even an Olympian that shoots for sport is the spawn of satan. heheheh

side note, a spade is a spade is racist. let's toss that saying in with the confederate flag and get it banned.

............I think you might be my new best friend, I need a moment to catch my breath and wipe the tears of joy from my eye's.......insane in the membrane ? are you a Metal Head ? or a Cypris Hill Fan ? either way I love your post LOL !!!!!!

Godfather.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,383
    edited July 2015
    I would like it so a gun used in a crime can better be traced to the original owner and start holding those accountable that can buy legally and then sell to folks who shouldn't or couldn't otherwisee get a gun.

In my state only the first purchase requires a backround check. Gun shows and other private sales aren't reported in the slightest.

all too often whats missing from the conversation is HOW the criminals are getting these weapons. That IS the goal right? Keeping guns from the criminals? How about some legislation that holds those who sell to criminals or "black market " or dark sales accountable as accesories to whatever crime is commited..

Please tell me where that is unreasonable.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

I think it's funny that train members use names to discribe a group they don't agree with...and then justify it to them selfs LOL ! there are durogritory names for EVERY group of people and originazion
    sooooooo shal we use them freely ?

Godfather.

You think you don't participate in name calling? You think you're exempt? How many forms of 'Obama' have you amused yourself with in this forum?

Funny thing is... I can't recall anyone getting sad over your remarks like Verona did a few posts back.

It must be hard to cling to an absurd belief- denying the absolute truths that clearly define a reality one does not wish to accept.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    mickeyrat said:

I would like it so a gun used in a crime can better be traced to the original owner and start holding thoise that can buy legally and then sell to folks who shouldn't or couldn't otherwise eget a gun.

In my state only the first purchase requires a backround check. Gun shows and other private sales aren't reported in the slightest.

all too often whats missing from the conversation is HOW the criminals are getting these weapons. That IS the goal right? Keeping guns from the criminals? How about some legislation that holds those who sell to criminals or "black market " or dark sales.

Please tell me where that is unreasonable.

as a responsible gun owed and nra member I 100% agree with you. I have zero problem with background checks every time you buy a gun and registration of weapons. I live in new jersey and we have the 3rd strongest gun laws in the united states. Most of the weapons used by criminals are bought out of state.
This discussion has been closed.