America's Gun Violence

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,870
    Not shown as disproven during that Dallas cop shootings either. Didn't open carry create even more chaos and fear? Same could be said at many political gatherings. Not to mention when armed men were carrying military grade weapons while stalking innocent Muslims while on their way in and out of their mosque. Open carry creates fear, and it makes it impossible to discern between the good guys and the bad guys during some kind of shooting incident. Plus they leave themselves open to criminals snatching their guns. Plus people have been known to shoot the wrong people in their excitement to shoot a bad guy. There are a lot of good real life arguments against open carry.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    edited September 2016
    I've never seen an open carry person being shot by someone excited to shoot a bad guy.

Speaking of myths...

Military grade weapons? Nope. Not legal for average people.
    Post edited by unsung on
    Political gatherings? Huh?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,477
    unsung said:

US FBI statistics disagree with you.

really? so gun violence in Canada and Australia is higher than in the US?
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

I don't care about their laws.

They have nothing to do with ours. We are a sovereign nation, or I should say supposed to be
    unsung said:

They have nothing to do with ours. We are a sovereign nation, or I should say supposed to be

but your responded to my post directly about it working in other countries, saying "the FBI disagrees with me". we are sovereign nations as well. the queen is merely an antiquated figurehead. Much like your president.

www.headstonesband.com

• unsung said:

Of course you dont care. It doesn't help your theory.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    Well I'd agree with that under most circumstances, but the office has abused Executive Orders way too often.

And no, I'm not speaking of only the current occupier.

unsung said:

but your responded to my post directly about it working in other countries, saying "the FBI disagrees with me". we are sovereign nations as well. the queen is merely an antiquated figurehead. Much like your president.
    And I don't tell you how your laws should be.
    unsung said:

unsung said:

jesus. here he go again. I care because:

-I don't only give a shit about humans that occupy the space within my magical border
    -I have family that live in your country.

www.headstonesband.com

Jesus, a no borders argument.
    unsung said:

Rallies, protests, conventions... political gatherings.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    unsung said:

unsung said:

Oh FFS. So he's not allowed to have an opinion about it?
    unsung said:

Jesus, a no borders argument.

who said anything about no borders? I can express an opinion since it could potentially affect me personally. how difficult is that to understand?

www.headstonesband.com

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,252

mace1229 said:

You people are so chicken shit scared of something nobody is even pushing for.

wrong.......pay attention, I don't want to lose the right to buy and own an AR-15 or any model rifle or any semi-automatic weapon including
    semi auto pistols.

Godfather.

And your neighbor should have the right to own a tiger or a grizzly bear. They're safe if raised by a responsible owner. Who are we to say what the next person should or shouldn't have as a pet?
    sometimes I just shake my head and wonder how do some people even continue to exists with the low level of common sense displayed
    on social media boards, PJ_Soul.......really ???? and Degeneratefk .....new there's an intelligent statement, you've done it again ol'boy !
    and Thirty,,,please man ....a tiger or a bear ? I need some coffee it's too early for the non-sense on this topic.

Godfather.

You wonder how people exist by not wanting civilians to have access to military grade weapons? Really? It's hard to wonder why people don't want guys to be able to buy hand grenades, tanks, machine guns, and bombs?

To put your mind at ease and prevent you from wondering, im existing just fine. I can't speak for the others you claim have no common sense.
    I would totally buy a grenade if I had the chance and take it to my favorite fishing spot.
    Which is one reason why its a good thing grenades aren't legal.
    Nice I'd pay to see you blow yourself up ..
    it took me a while to respond because I had to re-learn how to type, without using fingers.
  • mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:

You people are so chicken shit scared of something nobody is even pushing for.

wrong.......pay attention, I don't want to lose the right to buy and own an AR-15 or any model rifle or any semi-automatic weapon including
    semi auto pistols.

Godfather.

And your neighbor should have the right to own a tiger or a grizzly bear. They're safe if raised by a responsible owner. Who are we to say what the next person should or shouldn't have as a pet?
    sometimes I just shake my head and wonder how do some people even continue to exists with the low level of common sense displayed
    on social media boards, PJ_Soul.......really ???? and Degeneratefk .....new there's an intelligent statement, you've done it again ol'boy !
    and Thirty,,,please man ....a tiger or a bear ? I need some coffee it's too early for the non-sense on this topic.

Godfather.

You wonder how people exist by not wanting civilians to have access to military grade weapons? Really? It's hard to wonder why people don't want guys to be able to buy hand grenades, tanks, machine guns, and bombs?

To put your mind at ease and prevent you from wondering, im existing just fine. I can't speak for the others you claim have no common sense.
    I would totally buy a grenade if I had the chance and take it to my favorite fishing spot.
    Which is one reason why its a good thing grenades aren't legal.
    Nice I'd pay to see you blow yourself up ..
    it took me a while to respond because I had to re-learn how to type, without using fingers.
    Lol nice yeah I'm an ass took it to another level , would not want any harm to come your way I'm being sincere...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

I can't imagine a more appropriate time for it.
    edited September 2016
    unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

I can't imagine a more appropriate time for it.
    For what? Open carry? Yeah, no better time for open carry, when people are highly emotional, at odds with one another, and in large groups that are hard to monitor and control, and security is already a challenge without a bunch of people walking around with guns, lol. SMH.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 3,044
    How often are people getting shot at political gatherings?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
    dudeman said:

I didn't say anyone was getting shot at political gatherings. I said it was a security problem because people can't tell the good guys from the bad guys IF something happens. I am talking about the risks open carry poses. The risks are real. And the intimidation/fear factor is real whether someone gets shot or not.
    Life is full of IFs...how do you ever leave the house?
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 3,044
    PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

I didn't say anyone was getting shot at political gatherings. I said it was a security problem because people can't tell the good guys from the bad guys IF something happens. I am talking about the risks open carry poses. The risks are real. And the intimidation/fear factor is real whether someone gets shot or not.
    I didn't say you did. I was just asking a question.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • unsung said:

I'm always out and vacation but I'll stay away from those open carry states ..

unsung said:

Well there's 44 of them so you must not go too far.
  • unsung said:

unsung said:

It's almost as if there isn't a whole wide world out there that isn't all open carry.....
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Posts: 2,682
    edited September 2016

unsung said:

unsung said:

It's almost as if there isn't a whole wide world out there that isn't all open carry.....
    :wink:
  • unsung said:

unsung said:

I was up in NH this summer no open carry up there nice vacation , did white water rafting WV didn't see any open carry there ...so there's plenty of places I can go without having to worry about John Wayne's of the world plus there are other continents I can travel too !!
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

unsung said:

unsung said:

I was up in NH this summer no open carry up there nice vacation , did white water rafting WV didn't see any open carry there ...so there's plenty of places I can go without having to worry about John Wayne's of the world plus there are other continents I can travel too !!
    shaking head still....all you people that are in such a hurry to infringe on the rights of others to own and carry, it's all about you right ?
    what's next on your agenda ? everybody has the right to an opinion but you anti gun folks are quick to use insults along with your arguments,
    why is that ?

Godfather.

• unsung said:

unsung said:

shaking head still....all you people that are in such a hurry to infringe on the rights of others to own and carry, it's all about you right ?
    what's next on your agenda ? everybody has the right to an opinion but you anti gun folks are quick to use insults along with your arguments,
    why is that ?

Godfather.

What insults? I'll say it to you or anyone else: my right to live is worth more than your right to own and carry a gun. Period.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place

unsung said:

unsung said:

LOL, NH is one of the best states for gun rights. It most certainly is open carry. You just may not have seen anyone.
This discussion has been closed.