America's Gun Violence

Comments

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,239

pjhawks said:

mickeyrat said:

pjhawks said:

A Minneapolis gun buyback program targeting weapons used in street crimes may be shooting blanks, as detractors said a Saturday collection mostly took in antiquated, unused or homemade arms from legal owners and did little to thin the firearm supply actually available to dangerous criminals.

Two Minneapolis locations collected about 150 firearms Saturday, but both exchanges were forced to shut down several hours early when officials ran out of Visa gift cards – $25,000 worth, The Minneapolis Star Tribune reported.

And at least some of that money helped finance the purchase of even more guns.

One anonymous gun owner told WCCO he received $200 in gift cards that he planned to use to buy a new firearm. That man said he didn’t think the program was serving its intended purpose.

“I just don’t feel that a criminal is going to come up to a fire department with a bunch of police around it and turn in a gun,” he said.

Paul Joat, an area gun collector, told The Star Tribune he bought two weapons on the street, ostensibly offering the sellers a better deal than the city could.

“A lot of what I’m seeing is gun nuts turning in their guns for more than they’re worth,” he said.

A commenter on the Minnesota Gun Talk message board noted that “every single person in line was one of us.”

The lure of a Visa gift card worth between $15 and $300 was enough to make some enterprising Minnesotans get creative.

One person constructed a “shotgun” out of a piece of wood, some tape and a pipe. They were given a $100 gift card for the contraption, according to a Facebook post from the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus.

Guns gathered during the Saturday buyback were set to be decommissioned and used in an art piece.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/29/minnesota-gun-buyback-program-dud-some-legal-owners-say.html

like I keep saying, taking guns from responsible people is just stupid and so is adding more gun control laws

Godfather.

was the guy who constructed a gun out of wood and tape 'responsible' too?

and just because you and others keep saying people want to take your guns away no one is advocating that. no one is coming into your homes to take them away. just false rhertoric.
    they want to ban AR-15's and other gun's they call "assault" weapons in fact one goof ball want's to ban all semi automatic weapons
    sorry I cant remember who that is I was reading about it last week somewhere.
    also Hillary would like nothing more than to destroy our 2nd amendment ....I don't care what kind of nonsense she spews during her campaign, and wood and tape gun ? someone who saw a great opportunity to take advantage of stupid idea and they fell for it LOL !!

Godfather.

making a gun unavailable for purchase is not coming into your home to confiscate weapons.

how the fuck can something you never possessed get taken away?
    are fucking kidding me ???????? good grief you have over dosed on the Hillary kool aid and your statement is a perfect
    example of why many American's laugh at people who say stupid shit like that !..........

Godfather.
    so you ignored what i posted above debunking that Hillary wants to abolish the 2nd amendment? selected reading perhaps?
    I don't believe anything she has to say....in fact I can't believe so many folks do.....it just baffles me.
    remember she's a goldwater girl.

Godfather.

So because Hillary is a liar you should automatically believe things that other people make up about her? Makes sense.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,415

pjhawks said:

mickeyrat said:

pjhawks said:

A Minneapolis gun buyback program targeting weapons used in street crimes may be shooting blanks, as detractors said a Saturday collection mostly took in antiquated, unused or homemade arms from legal owners and did little to thin the firearm supply actually available to dangerous criminals.

Two Minneapolis locations collected about 150 firearms Saturday, but both exchanges were forced to shut down several hours early when officials ran out of Visa gift cards – $25,000 worth, The Minneapolis Star Tribune reported.

One anonymous gun owner told WCCO he received $200 in gift cards that he planned to use to buy a new firearm. That man said he didn’t think the program was serving its intended purpose.

“I just don’t feel that a criminal is going to come up to a fire department with a bunch of police around it and turn in a gun,” he said.

Paul Joat, an area gun collector, told The Star Tribune he bought two weapons on the street, ostensibly offering the sellers a better deal than the city could.

“A lot of what I’m seeing is gun nuts turning in their guns for more than they’re worth,” he said.

A commenter on the Minnesota Gun Talk message board noted that “every single person in line was one of us.”

The lure of a Visa gift card worth between $15 and $300 was enough to make some enterprising Minnesotans get creative.

One person constructed a “shotgun” out of a piece of wood, some tape and a pipe. They were given a $100 gift card for the contraption, according to a Facebook post from the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus.

Guns gathered during the Saturday buyback were set to be decommissioned and used in an art piece.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/29/minnesota-gun-buyback-program-dud-some-legal-owners-say.html

like I keep saying, taking guns from responsible people is just stupid and so is adding more gun control laws

Godfather.

and just because you and others keep saying people want to take your guns away no one is advocating that. no one is coming into your homes to take them away. just false rhertoric.
    they want to ban AR-15's and other gun's they call "assault" weapons in fact one goof ball want's to ban all semi automatic weapons
    also Hillary would like nothing more than to destroy our 2nd amendment ....I don't care what kind of nonsense she spews during her campaign, and wood and tape gun ? someone who saw a great opportunity to take advantage of stupid idea and they fell for it LOL !!

Godfather.

making a gun unavailable for purchase is not coming into your home to confiscate weapons.

are fucking kidding me ???????? good grief you have over dosed on the Hillary kool aid and your statement is a perfect
    example of why many American's laugh at people who say stupid shit like that !..........

Godfather.
    so you ignored what i posted above debunking that Hillary wants to abolish the 2nd amendment? selected reading perhaps?
    I don't believe anything she has to say....in fact I can't believe so many folks do.....it just baffles me.

Godfather.

you probably argued Obama was coming after your guns and was gonna repeal the 2nd amendment too.
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,247
    Can anybody guess Hitler's first order of business when he become chancellor in 1933?
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    joseph33 said:

Can anybody guess Hitler's first order of business when he become chancellor in 1933?

he took the guns away and left a country defenseless.

Godfather.

• DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    You people are so chicken shit scared of something nobody is even pushing for.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,613

pjhawks said:

mickeyrat said:

pjhawks said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

but you'll believe something somebody else claims she said?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,870

pjhawks said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Really she wants to destroy the 2nd amendment, like abolish it how would she accomplish that?
    more like chop it up and use to have more control over guns and gun owners.

Godfather.

In other words, just better regulation, which the vast majority of Americans support.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

wrong.......pay attention, I don't want to lose the right to buy and own an AR-15 or any model rifle or any semi-automatic weapon including
    semi auto pistols.

Godfather.

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,613

joseph33 said:

Godfather.

read this. theres a link in there that I cant c/p here.

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/11/stop_talking_about_hitler/
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,477

joseph33 said:

Godfather.

he also wanted to mark all the jews so they it would be public knowledge who the enemy was. sound familiar?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/nov/19/donald-trump-muslim-americans-special-identification-tracking-mosques
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,870
    edited August 2016

wrong.......pay attention, I don't want to lose the right to buy and own an AR-15 or any model rifle or any semi-automatic weapon including
    semi auto pistols.

Godfather.

Tough shit for you I guess, because it seems that America is heading in the right direction. I can't believe there are still Americans who think their way when it comes to guns is anything other than stupid. All you have to do is look at the rest of the developed world to understand that America has it wrong.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

semi auto pistols.

Godfather.

You don't have a right to buy military weapons.
  • You people are so chicken shit scared of something nobody is even pushing for.

semi auto pistols.

Godfather.

And your neighbor should have the right to own a tiger or a grizzly bear. They're safe if raised by a responsible owner. Who are we to say what the next person should or shouldn't have as a pet?
    "My brain's a good brain!"

semi auto pistols.

Godfather.

And your neighbor should have the right to own a tiger or a grizzly bear. They're safe if raised by a responsible owner. Who are we to say what the next person should or shouldn't have as a pet?
    oh, 30, you know everyone has the right to bear arms, don't you?

www.headstonesband.com

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,382

semi auto pistols.

Godfather.

technically all you need is a class 3 weapons license to buy military weapons. those weapons are big money.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    That aint no gun. Now that's a GUN
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_F-35_Lightning_II_Israeli_procurement
    rssesq said:

Netanyahu loves guns. Especially the ones paid for by the silly American taxpayer and given to him for free

mcgruff10 said:

semi auto pistols.

Godfather.

technically all you need is a class 3 weapons license to buy military weapons. those weapons are big money.
    I know, I watched war dogs the other day.

semi auto pistols.

Godfather.

sometimes I just shake my head and wonder how do some people even continue to exists with the low level of common sense displayed
    on social media boards, PJ_Soul.......really ???? and Degeneratefk .....new there's an intelligent statement, you've done it again ol'boy !
    and Thirty,,,please man ....a tiger or a bear ? I need some coffee it's too early for the non-sense on this topic.

Godfather.

mickeyrat said:

joseph33 said:

Godfather.

cool read, how respectable is the source ? I don't doubt the info at all it's just quite a turn around from learned history.

Godfather.

semi auto pistols.

Godfather.

sometimes I just shake my head and wonder how do some people even continue to exists with the low level of common sense displayed
    on social media boards, PJ_Soul.......really ???? and Degeneratefk .....new there's an intelligent statement, you've done it again ol'boy !
    and Thirty,,,please man ....a tiger or a bear ? I need some coffee it's too early for the non-sense on this topic.

Godfather.

You wonder how people exist by not wanting civilians to have access to military grade weapons? Really? It's hard to wonder why people don't want guys to be able to buy hand grenades, tanks, machine guns, and bombs?

To put your mind at ease and prevent you from wondering, im existing just fine. I can't speak for the others you claim have no common sense.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

mickeyrat said:

joseph33 said:

Godfather.

cool read, how respectable is the source ? I don't doubt the info at all it's just quite a turn around from learned history.

Godfather.
    Hahaha you are confusing "learned history" with "bullshit gun nutters made up".
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:

mickeyrat said:

joseph33 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.
    prove that please.

Godfather.

semi auto pistols.

Godfather.

Godfather.

You wonder how people exist by not wanting civilians to have access to military grade weapons? Really? It's hard to wonder why people don't want guys to be able to buy hand grenades, tanks, machine guns, and bombs?

To put your mind at ease and prevent you from wondering, im existing just fine. I can't speak for the others you claim have no common sense.
    and there in lays the proof my good man, at what point did say civilians need to own bombs ? or even tanks ? and hand grenades ????
    when you're trying to defend your position on any topic it's probably not a bad Idea to NOT add words to another's statement.
    and I'm glad you are fine and I wish you all the best.

Godfather.

semi auto pistols.

Godfather.

Godfather.

and there in lays the proof my good man, at what point did say civilians need to own bombs ? or even tanks ? and hand grenades ????
    when you're trying to defend your position on any topic it's probably not a bad Idea to NOT add words to another's statement.
    and I'm glad you are fine and I wish you all the best.

Godfather.
    No sir, you did not mention grenades and tanks. But im not just debating you.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,125

Jose I realize your a Clinton supporter or anti Trump so let's pretend for a moment that this is not a election year and discuss your idea's and feelings on gun ownership, do you believe in the right to own a gun ? if so are willing to stand up for that right ?

Godfather.

No you can have your guns it's your right I would never oppose that , I'm anti Trump hell yes anti massacres hell yeah , anti bigotry hell yes anti hate hell yeah , so what rights are you willing to stand for ...not pro Clinton by the way ! Get this thru your head I'm ANTI TRUMP !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

rgambs said:

mickeyrat said:

joseph33 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.
    prove that please.

Godfather.

I can't prove what you were taught and consider as learned history, I can only point to sources that show the inaccuracies of the NRA's misinformation.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?

semi auto pistols.

Godfather.

on social media boards,
    PJ_Soul.......really ???? and Degeneratefk .....new there's an intelligent statement, you've done it again ol'boy !

Godfather.

there just no words. no words whatsoever.

www.headstonesband.com

semi auto pistols.

Godfather.

on social media boards,
    PJ_Soul.......really ???? and Degeneratefk .....new there's an intelligent statement, you've done it again ol'boy !

Godfather.

Must be because of our low level of common sense.
  • You people are so chicken shit scared of something nobody is even pushing for.

semi auto pistols.

Godfather.

on social media boards,

Godfather.

Kinda funny actually. Kinda sad too.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 3,044

dudeman said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

It's not false at all.

How is it not false if it's never been proposed and no one is advocating for such a thing, particularly not those who have any kind of impact on the matter?
    Diane Feinstein, Michael Bloomberg, Chuck Schumer and Hillary Clinton have all expressed interest in confiscation of privately owned firearms.

The list is longer than those four.
    I don't remember hearing that from Hilary. Or Bloomberg. Can you cite that?
    Clinton posits that we should look at Great Britain and Australia as a model for gun control. What did they do? Mandatory buyback and surrender programs.

Bloomberg, the same time he was catching flak for listing Tamarlan Zsarnaev as a victim of gun violence.

If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
This discussion has been closed.