America's Gun Violence

Comments

• DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    dudeman said:

dudeman said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

It's not false at all.

How is it not false if it's never been proposed and no one is advocating for such a thing, particularly not those who have any kind of impact on the matter?
    Diane Feinstein, Michael Bloomberg, Chuck Schumer and Hillary Clinton have all expressed interest in confiscation of privately owned firearms.

The list is longer than those four.
    I don't remember hearing that from Hilary. Or Bloomberg. Can you cite that?
    Clinton posits that we should look at Great Britain and Australia as a model for gun control. What did they do? Mandatory buyback and surrender programs.

Bloomberg, the same time he was catching flak for listing Tamarlan Zsarnaev as a victim of gun violence.

Ok, can you cite where you read or heard that? I do not recall reading that.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 3,044

pjhawks said:

A Minneapolis gun buyback program targeting weapons used in street crimes may be shooting blanks, as detractors said a Saturday collection mostly took in antiquated, unused or homemade arms from legal owners and did little to thin the firearm supply actually available to dangerous criminals.

Two Minneapolis locations collected about 150 firearms Saturday, but both exchanges were forced to shut down several hours early when officials ran out of Visa gift cards – $25,000 worth, The Minneapolis Star Tribune reported.

And at least some of that money helped finance the purchase of even more guns.

One anonymous gun owner told WCCO he received $200 in gift cards that he planned to use to buy a new firearm. That man said he didn’t think the program was serving its intended purpose.

“I just don’t feel that a criminal is going to come up to a fire department with a bunch of police around it and turn in a gun,” he said.

Paul Joat, an area gun collector, told The Star Tribune he bought two weapons on the street, ostensibly offering the sellers a better deal than the city could.

“A lot of what I’m seeing is gun nuts turning in their guns for more than they’re worth,” he said.

A commenter on the Minnesota Gun Talk message board noted that “every single person in line was one of us.”

The lure of a Visa gift card worth between $15 and $300 was enough to make some enterprising Minnesotans get creative.

One person constructed a “shotgun” out of a piece of wood, some tape and a pipe. They were given a $100 gift card for the contraption, according to a Facebook post from the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus.

Guns gathered during the Saturday buyback were set to be decommissioned and used in an art piece.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/29/minnesota-gun-buyback-program-dud-some-legal-owners-say.html

like I keep saying, taking guns from responsible people is just stupid and so is adding more gun control laws

Godfather.

was the guy who constructed a gun out of wood and tape 'responsible' too?

and just because you and others keep saying people want to take your guns away no one is advocating that. no one is coming into your homes to take them away. just false rhertoric.
    they want to ban AR-15's and other gun's they call "assault" weapons in fact one goof ball want's to ban all semi automatic weapons
    sorry I cant remember who that is I was reading about it last week somewhere.
    also Hillary would like nothing more than to destroy our 2nd amendment ....I don't care what kind of nonsense she spews during her campaign, and wood and tape gun ? someone who saw a great opportunity to take advantage of stupid idea and they fell for it LOL !!

Godfather.

Really she wants to destroy the 2nd amendment, like abolish it how would she accomplish that?
    By appointing a SCJ that will shift the majority opinion. She said she plans on doing that and having Heller and McDonald reheard. The idea is to take the right to bear arms away from the individual.

She said she plans to do this her first day in office.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

It's not false at all.

How is it not false if it's never been proposed and no one is advocating for such a thing, particularly not those who have any kind of impact on the matter?
    Diane Feinstein, Michael Bloomberg, Chuck Schumer and Hillary Clinton have all expressed interest in confiscation of privately owned firearms.

Clinton posits that we should look at Great Britain and Australia as a model for gun control. What did they do? Mandatory buyback and surrender programs.

Bloomberg, the same time he was catching flak for listing Tamarlan Zsarnaev as a victim of gun violence.

I don't have the link but it was from a campaign speech she gave a couple months ago.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    dudeman said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

It's not false at all.

I don't have the link but it was from a campaign speech she gave a couple months ago.
    http://reason.com/archives/2016/05/10/hillary-clinton-picks-a-doomed-fight-wit
    "Australia is a good example" Clinton told an audience a few months ago. "The Australian government, as part of trying to clamp down on the availability of automatic weapons, offered a good price for buying hundreds of thousands of guns. Then, they basically clamped down, going forward."
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    jeffbr said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

It's not false at all.

"Australia is a good example" Clinton told an audience a few months ago. "The Australian government, as part of trying to clamp down on the availability of automatic weapons, offered a good price for buying hundreds of thousands of guns. Then, they basically clamped down, going forward."
    If that's your argument that Clinton wants to repeal the second amendment, you may have more work to do.

jeffbr said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

It's not false at all.

If that's your argument that Clinton wants to repeal the second amendment, you may have more work to do.
    It's not my argument. I was simply responding to the bolded part above. It doesn't matter much to me. I have a couple of guns, but am not a gun nut. I shoot targets may once a year. I would ignore any law calling for guns to be turned in, much like Australia has (according to the article, they have about 19% - 20% compliance). It wouldn't really change anything for me. I wouldn't shoot any more or less. I wouldn't own any more or any fewer firearms. It just isn't a hot button issue for me at all.
    jeffbr said:

jeffbr said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

It's not false at all.

It's not my argument. I was simply responding to the bolded part above. It doesn't matter much to me. I have a couple of guns, but am not a gun nut. I shoot targets may once a year. I would ignore any law calling for guns to be turned in, much like Australia has (according to the article, they have about 19% - 20% compliance). It wouldn't really change anything for me. I wouldn't shoot any more or less. I wouldn't own any more or any fewer firearms. It just isn't a hot button issue for me at all.
    I wasn't referring to you. You did the leg work for dudeman
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,870
    edited August 2016

You people are so chicken shit scared of something nobody is even pushing for.

wrong.......pay attention, I don't want to lose the right to buy and own an AR-15 or any model rifle or any semi-automatic weapon including
    semi auto pistols.

Godfather.

And your neighbor should have the right to own a tiger or a grizzly bear. They're safe if raised by a responsible owner. Who are we to say what the next person should or shouldn't have as a pet?
    sometimes I just shake my head and wonder how do some people even continue to exists with the low level of common sense displayed
    on social media boards, PJ_Soul.......really ???? and Degeneratefk .....new there's an intelligent statement, you've done it again ol'boy !
    and Thirty,,,please man ....a tiger or a bear ? I need some coffee it's too early for the non-sense on this topic.

Godfather.

That's exactly how some people feel about you and your posts dude. I find half of yours basically nonsensical and I'm positive I'm not the only one. So it's pretty weird to see you say this.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Her

jeffbr said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

It's not false at all.

I never said that she wanted to repeal the second amendment. She has said publicly that she doesn't think that the right to bear arms is an individual right, that the Supreme Court is wrong on the issue and that she supports gun bans.

She pledged to start stripping the rights protected by the 2nd Amendment on her first day in office.

The tactic of mandatory buyback and surrender programs as seen in Australia is treacherous. Sure, you can choose to not comply but then you are guilty of federal firearms crimes if you keep the guns that you currently, legally own.
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    PJ_Soul said:

wrong.......pay attention, I don't want to lose the right to buy and own an AR-15 or any model rifle or any semi-automatic weapon including
    semi auto pistols.

Godfather.

And your neighbor should have the right to own a tiger or a grizzly bear. They're safe if raised by a responsible owner. Who are we to say what the next person should or shouldn't have as a pet?
    sometimes I just shake my head and wonder how do some people even continue to exists with the low level of common sense displayed
    on social media boards, PJ_Soul.......really ???? and Degeneratefk .....new there's an intelligent statement, you've done it again ol'boy !
    and Thirty,,,please man ....a tiger or a bear ? I need some coffee it's too early for the non-sense on this topic.

Godfather.

That's exactly how some people feel about you and your posts dude. I find half of yours basically nonsensical and I'm positive I'm not the only one. So it's pretty weird to see you say this.
    still shaking my head.

Godfather.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,870

PJ_Soul said:

semi auto pistols.

Godfather.

Godfather.

still shaking my head.

Godfather.

Maybe you should stop, because this is getting awkward.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,252

semi auto pistols.

Godfather.

Godfather.

You wonder how people exist by not wanting civilians to have access to military grade weapons? Really? It's hard to wonder why people don't want guys to be able to buy hand grenades, tanks, machine guns, and bombs?

To put your mind at ease and prevent you from wondering, im existing just fine. I can't speak for the others you claim have no common sense.
    I would totally buy a grenade if I had the chance and take it to my favorite fishing spot.
    Which is one reason why its a good thing grenades aren't legal.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,181
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • mace1229 said:

semi auto pistols.

Godfather.

Godfather.

You wonder how people exist by not wanting civilians to have access to military grade weapons? Really? It's hard to wonder why people don't want guys to be able to buy hand grenades, tanks, machine guns, and bombs?

To put your mind at ease and prevent you from wondering, im existing just fine. I can't speak for the others you claim have no common sense.
    I would totally buy a grenade if I had the chance and take it to my favorite fishing spot.
    Nice I'd pay to see you blow yourself up ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

mace1229 said:

semi auto pistols.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Nice I'd pay to see you blow yourself up ..
    Whoa...really? Hope that wasn't a sincere post, jose.
  • No I was trying to be funny it reads opposite I have to apologize to mace1229 would never want to see any harm your way , emotions def got the best of me ...think I'll step away
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • No I was trying to be funny it reads opposite I have to apologize to mace1229 would never want to see any harm your way , emotions def got the best of me ...think I'll step away

Put the pin back in.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    I don't know if I would say that is "the" international perspective. Looks more like one random author's perspective. I know plenty of people "internationally" that complain about their government's restrictive laws. More and more in Europe these days.
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    If gun owners were as violent as anti-gunners thought they were...
    Nope, they don't want to ban guns...unless you are prescribed medical Marijuana.
    Or someone that randomly files an order of restraint without proof...
    Or some hidden person puts you on a no fly list without due process...
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    unsung said:

Nope, they don't want to ban guns...unless you are prescribed medical Marijuana.

I heard about this yesterday. Feds decided it's not illegal to ban people from purchasing guns if they hold a medical marijuana card...
    PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

I heard about this yesterday. Feds decided it's not illegal to ban people from purchasing guns if they hold a medical marijuana card...
    Yeah, and I'm betting those same idiots on the 9th US Circuit Court of Appeals who made that ruling also enjoy a cocktail now and again. Hypocrisy and Reefer Madness.
  • seanwonseanwon Posts: 436
    unsung said:

If gun owners were as violent as anti-gunners thought they were...

The problem with this is gun owners and "anti-gunners" are often the same person. Take me for example. I own guns, and believe me, no one is taking them away. But I have some common sense when it comes to regulations. We don't need people carrying a gun on their hip every time they go to the store, or church, or the movies, etc. Everybody walking around in public with guns is going to cause more problems than it solves.

1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
    2024: 9/3 MSG 1, 9/4 MSG 2
    A theory disproven time and time again.

Or are we including those that will never obey any law?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,477
    unsung said:

A theory disproven time and time again.

Or are we including those that will never obey any law?

not disproven in any country that's every done it.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

US FBI statistics disagree with you.
This discussion has been closed.