Options

America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

DAMMM GUNS!!! When are they ever going to learn to behave themselves????

Musky, are you referring to the link posted immediately above your comment? Because I'm hoping that you, as a police officer, would agree that it was gross negligence to not have checked and double checked that there was no live ammunition in the gun before the role play began. How is that even defensible? Mickey is absolutely correct - this in no way can be described as an "accident". It was 100% preventable with basic gun safety practices.
    I was not defending the ACCIDENT that was described above.
    I was referring to the 9 killed in Shitcago on a Monday. I have said this numerous times on here, there is a major behavioral problem with a certain element of our society...well Chicago for sure...
    So when a cop kills someone it's an accident?
    Well in this case YES. Accident / negligence , pretty much the same. The Intent wasn't to injure or kill someone in this training exercise. Unfortunately shit happens.... Like Obummer becoming President and The Hildabeast continuing this total pussification of America. Which btw were both brought to you by the city of Shitcago...The tax payers of Chicago apologize for that.
    Accident and negligent can't be used together in court.
    So you think a criminal act has taken place here???
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Musky, are you referring to the link posted immediately above your comment? Because I'm hoping that you, as a police officer, would agree that it was gross negligence to not have checked and double checked that there was no live ammunition in the gun before the role play began. How is that even defensible? Mickey is absolutely correct - this in no way can be described as an "accident". It was 100% preventable with basic gun safety practices.
    I was referring to the 9 killed in Shitcago on a Monday. I have said this numerous times on here, there is a major behavioral problem with a certain element of our society...well Chicago for sure...
    Well in this case YES. Accident / negligence , pretty much the same. The Intent wasn't to injure or kill someone in this training exercise. Unfortunately shit happens.... Like Obummer becoming President and The Hildabeast continuing this total pussification of America. Which btw were both brought to you by the city of Shitcago...The tax payers of Chicago apologize for that.
    Depends. Negligence can be a crime.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Legally, "accident" and "negligence" are quite different. I would think an officer of the law would know that, as well as be a little less cavalier when a citizen volunteering for a training exercise is killed. Shit happened here because a police officer was negligent in the handling and use of his firearm.
    Well I guess we see it differently, no shock there counsel
    You think accident and negligence are the same?

Ooops. Well, not much point in proceeding with this discussion then.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Legally, "accident" and "negligence" are quite different. I would think an officer of the law would know that, as well as be a little less cavalier when a citizen volunteering for a training exercise is killed. Shit happened here because a police officer was negligent in the handling and use of his firearm.
    Well I guess we see it differently, no shock there counsel
    You think accident and negligence are the same?

Ooops. Well, not much point in proceeding with this discussion then.
    I guess not ahe....
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    edited August 2016
    A Minneapolis gun buyback program targeting weapons used in street crimes may be shooting blanks, as detractors said a Saturday collection mostly took in antiquated, unused or homemade arms from legal owners and did little to thin the firearm supply actually available to dangerous criminals.

Two Minneapolis locations collected about 150 firearms Saturday, but both exchanges were forced to shut down several hours early when officials ran out of Visa gift cards – $25,000 worth, The Minneapolis Star Tribune reported.

And at least some of that money helped finance the purchase of even more guns.

One anonymous gun owner told WCCO he received $200 in gift cards that he planned to use to buy a new firearm. That man said he didn’t think the program was serving its intended purpose.

“I just don’t feel that a criminal is going to come up to a fire department with a bunch of police around it and turn in a gun,” he said.

Paul Joat, an area gun collector, told The Star Tribune he bought two weapons on the street, ostensibly offering the sellers a better deal than the city could.

“A lot of what I’m seeing is gun nuts turning in their guns for more than they’re worth,” he said.

A commenter on the Minnesota Gun Talk message board noted that “every single person in line was one of us.”

The lure of a Visa gift card worth between $15 and $300 was enough to make some enterprising Minnesotans get creative.

One person constructed a “shotgun” out of a piece of wood, some tape and a pipe. They were given a $100 gift card for the contraption, according to a Facebook post from the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus.

Guns gathered during the Saturday buyback were set to be decommissioned and used in an art piece.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/29/minnesota-gun-buyback-program-dud-some-legal-owners-say.html

like I keep saying, taking guns from responsible people is just stupid and so is adding more gun control laws

Godfather.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Unless your last name is Clinton.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    unsung said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Unless your last name is Clinton.
    Teflon hillbilly's
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,261

A Minneapolis gun buyback program targeting weapons used in street crimes may be shooting blanks, as detractors said a Saturday collection mostly took in antiquated, unused or homemade arms from legal owners and did little to thin the firearm supply actually available to dangerous criminals.

Two Minneapolis locations collected about 150 firearms Saturday, but both exchanges were forced to shut down several hours early when officials ran out of Visa gift cards – $25,000 worth, The Minneapolis Star Tribune reported.

One anonymous gun owner told WCCO he received $200 in gift cards that he planned to use to buy a new firearm. That man said he didn’t think the program was serving its intended purpose.

“I just don’t feel that a criminal is going to come up to a fire department with a bunch of police around it and turn in a gun,” he said.

Paul Joat, an area gun collector, told The Star Tribune he bought two weapons on the street, ostensibly offering the sellers a better deal than the city could.

“A lot of what I’m seeing is gun nuts turning in their guns for more than they’re worth,” he said.

A commenter on the Minnesota Gun Talk message board noted that “every single person in line was one of us.”

The lure of a Visa gift card worth between $15 and $300 was enough to make some enterprising Minnesotans get creative.

One person constructed a “shotgun” out of a piece of wood, some tape and a pipe. They were given a $100 gift card for the contraption, according to a Facebook post from the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus.

Guns gathered during the Saturday buyback were set to be decommissioned and used in an art piece.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/29/minnesota-gun-buyback-program-dud-some-legal-owners-say.html

like I keep saying, taking guns from responsible people is just stupid and so is adding more gun control laws

Godfather.

was the guy who constructed a gun out of wood and tape 'responsible' too?

and just because you and others keep saying people want to take your guns away no one is advocating that. no one is coming into your homes to take them away. just false rhertoric.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    It's not false at all.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,716
    edited August 2016
    unsung said:

It's not false at all.

How is it not false if it's never been proposed and no one is advocating for such a thing, particularly not those who have any kind of impact on the matter?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    the rothschilds want EVERYONE's guns
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,716
    rssesq said:

If that's the case, So? It's not going to happen and everyone knows it, so who cares what they think about it? It's not an actual threat or a real thing to be afraid of.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,587
    rssesq said:

:nuh_uh:
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,992
    PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

It's not false at all.

How is it not false if it's never been proposed and no one is advocating for such a thing, particularly not those who have any kind of impact on the matter?
    Diane Feinstein, Michael Bloomberg, Chuck Schumer and Hillary Clinton have all expressed interest in confiscation of privately owned firearms.

The list is longer than those four.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    dudeman said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

It's not false at all.

Diane Feinstein, Michael Bloomberg, Chuck Schumer and Hillary Clinton have all expressed interest in confiscation of privately owned firearms.

Hopefully the world will at least keep recognizing that they are all pretty much not functioning on all cylinders...and keep them sober.
  • Options
    dudeman said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

It's not false at all.

not true on Hillary

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/05/trump-distorts-clintons-gun-stance/
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    dudeman said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

It's not false at all.

I don't remember hearing that from Hilary. Or Bloomberg. Can you cite that?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Godfather.

and just because you and others keep saying people want to take your guns away no one is advocating that. no one is coming into your homes to take them away. just false rhertoric.
    they want to ban AR-15's and other gun's they call "assault" weapons in fact one goof ball want's to ban all semi automatic weapons
    sorry I cant remember who that is I was reading about it last week somewhere.
    also Hillary would like nothing more than to destroy our 2nd amendment ....I don't care what kind of nonsense she spews during her campaign, and wood and tape gun ? someone who saw a great opportunity to take advantage of stupid idea and they fell for it LOL !!

Godfather.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,375

pjhawks said:

Godfather.

they want to ban AR-15's and other gun's they call "assault" weapons in fact one goof ball want's to ban all semi automatic weapons
    also Hillary would like nothing more than to destroy our 2nd amendment ....I don't care what kind of nonsense she spews during her campaign, and wood and tape gun ? someone who saw a great opportunity to take advantage of stupid idea and they fell for it LOL !!

Godfather.

Really she wants to destroy the 2nd amendment, like abolish it how would she accomplish that?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

pjhawks said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Really she wants to destroy the 2nd amendment, like abolish it how would she accomplish that?
    more like chop it up and use to have more control over guns and gun owners.

Godfather.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,375

pjhawks said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

more like chop it up and use to have more control over guns and gun owners.

Godfather.

Oh ok that seems plausible not !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Jose I realize your a Clinton supporter or anti Trump so let's pretend for a moment that this is not a election year and discuss your idea's and feelings on gun ownership, do you believe in the right to own a gun ? if so are willing to stand up for that right ?

Godfather.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,143

pjhawks said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

making a gun unavailable for purchase is not coming into your home to confiscate weapons.

how the fuck can something you never possessed get taken away?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    the rothschilds puppets also want yo guns!Shumer Feinstein Bloomberg etc etc etc, lmao
    dudeman said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

It's not false at all.

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,587
    edited August 2016
    rssesq said:

the rothschilds puppets also want yo guns!Shumer Feinstein Bloomberg etc etc etc, lmao

dudeman said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

It's not false at all.

You forgot 4 of your usual JEWISH (and rumored to be jewish) targets....

Dershowitz
    Netanyahu
    Federal Reserve Board
    4 of 9 (supreme court)
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

pjhawks said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

making a gun unavailable for purchase is not coming into your home to confiscate weapons.

are fucking kidding me ???????? good grief you have over dosed on the Hillary kool aid and your statement is a perfect
    example of why many American's laugh at people who say stupid shit like that !..........

Godfather.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

mickeyrat said:

pjhawks said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

are fucking kidding me ???????? good grief you have over dosed on the Hillary kool aid and your statement is a perfect
    example of why many American's laugh at people who say stupid shit like that !..........

Godfather.
    so you ignored what i posted above debunking that Hillary wants to abolish the 2nd amendment? selected reading perhaps?
  • Options
    them too lmao
  • Options
    Netanyahu loves guns. Especially the ones paid for by the silly American taxpayer and given to him for free
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

mickeyrat said:

pjhawks said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.
    so you ignored what i posted above debunking that Hillary wants to abolish the 2nd amendment? selected reading perhaps?
    I don't believe anything she has to say....in fact I can't believe so many folks do.....it just baffles me.
    remember she's a goldwater girl.

Godfather.

This discussion has been closed.