America's Gun Violence

Comments

• unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    edited September 2016

unsung said:

unsung said:

Life is full of IFs...how do you ever leave the house?

I'm always out and vacation but I'll stay away from those open carry states ..

Well there's 44 of them so you must not go too far.
    I was up in NH this summer no open carry up there nice vacation , did white water rafting WV didn't see any open carry there ...so there's plenty of places I can go without having to worry about John Wayne's of the world plus there are other continents I can travel too !!
    shaking head still....all you people that are in such a hurry to infringe on the rights of others to own and carry, it's all about you right ?
    what's next on your agenda ? everybody has the right to an opinion but you anti gun folks are quick to use insults along with your arguments,
    why is that ?

Godfather.

What insults? I'll say it to you or anyone else: my right to live is worth more than your right to own and carry a gun. Period.
    Your fear doesn't trump my right to defend myself.

And please with statements such as telling me my right to own isn't valid. Nope, nobody wanting to take our guns away, nope.
    Post edited by unsung on
  • unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

I was up in NH this summer no open carry up there nice vacation , did white water rafting WV didn't see any open carry there ...so there's plenty of places I can go without having to worry about John Wayne's of the world plus there are other continents I can travel too !!
    shaking head still....all you people that are in such a hurry to infringe on the rights of others to own and carry, it's all about you right ?
    what's next on your agenda ? everybody has the right to an opinion but you anti gun folks are quick to use insults along with your arguments,
    why is that ?

Godfather.

What insults? I'll say it to you or anyone else: my right to live is worth more than your right to own and carry a gun. Period.

And please with statements such as telling me my right to own isn't valid. Nope, nobody wanting to take our guns away, nope.
    No, my right to live trumps your right to own a gun. I stated that clearly.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Unless you're a criminal you've got nothing to worry about as far as gun confiscation. It's hilarious how bent out of shape people get.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

why is that ?

Godfather.

Dramatic much? How does me owning a gun at all effect your life? This is all silly. Please tell me what other rights your right to live "trumps". One right does not "trump" another right. I would argue that guns have most likely helped provide you or your ancestors with the ability to live with the freedoms that you have today.

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

why is that ?

Godfather.

What you are telling me is my right to live is less than your right to have your safe space.
  • unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

why is that ?

Godfather.

What you are telling me is my right to live is less than your right to have your safe space.
    ???
    I thought that is what you were telling him. I think you guys are cancelling each other out.
  • unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

LOL, NH is one of the best states for gun rights. It most certainly is open carry. You just may not have seen anyone.
    I didn't all good then yeah didn't see any open carry in Fenway at Pearl Jam show I wonder why ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • unsung said:

unsung said:

why is that ?

Godfather.

I'm not infringing on your right I say buy as many guns as you want I hope your dream world happens for you where everybody has guns everywhere, I'll just stay away from people like you gun nuts ...
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,382

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

LOL, NH is one of the best states for gun rights. It most certainly is open carry. You just may not have seen anyone.
    I didn't all good then yeah didn't see any open carry in Fenway at Pearl Jam show I wonder why ...
    well you can't bring a firearm into fenway park or any baseball/football stadium for that matter. you need a permit to open carry in mass.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

well you can't bring a firearm into fenway park or any baseball/football stadium for that matter. you need a permit to open carry in mass.
    I'll it get to that eventually specially if the Church of NRA has any say ..
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,870
    unsung said:

Oh please. The gun nuts are the ones who are scared all the time. That's how they justify the guns. Protection, right?
    But I am in Canada. We don't have to worry about stupid shit like open carry. To us the idea is absolutely idiotic.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited September 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

Oh please. The gun nuts are the ones who are scared all the time. That's how they justify the guns. Protection, right?
    But I am in Canada. We don't have to worry about stupid shit like open carry. To us the idea is absolutely idiotic.
    "Us"? Are you now the spokesperson for all Canadians? Haven't discussed open carry with them specifically, but I have several born and raised Canadian friends that have the complete opposite view as you and complain about your firearm restrictions. They say "aboot" instead of "about" and everything, lol
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

why is that ?

Godfather.

Dramatic much? How does me owning a gun at all effect your life? This is all silly. Please tell me what other rights your right to live "trumps". One right does not "trump" another right. I would argue that guns have most likely helped provide you or your ancestors with the ability to live with the freedoms that you have today.

unsung said:

unsung said:

why is that ?

Godfather.

I'm not infringing on your right I say buy as many guns as you want I hope your dream world happens for you where everybody has guns everywhere, I'll just stay away from people like you gun nuts ...
    now we're getting somewhere ! LOL !!!!!!

Godfather.

• Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

no I'm not scared, fear has nothing to do with owning guns.

Godfather.
  • seanwonseanwon Posts: 436
    unsung said:

If you feel the need to carry a gun everywhere you go, I can assure you that YOU are the one who is afraid.
    1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
    2024: 9/3 MSG 1, 9/4 MSG 2
    edited September 2016
    PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

"Us"? Are you now the spokesperson for all Canadians? Haven't discussed open carry with them specifically, but I have several born and raised Canadian friends that have the complete opposite view as you and complain about your firearm restrictions. They say "aboot" instead of "about" and everything, lol
    Us means the majority. The vast majority. I think I can speak to the general feelings towards guns in my own country. We don't have "gun culture" here, and yeah, open carry is not even on the radar screen. And as you said, your friends, who I guess are all Newfies if they say aboot, since other Canadians don't really talk like that, never told you that they advocate for open carry in Canada, which is specifically what I was talking about. You remind me of someone else who once tried to tell me the Canadians want a gun culture like the US because he knows some of them from a gun nut message board, lol. There are always exceptions to the rule. Most of us aren't so stupid as to think that the US is closer to a good system in terms of guns. I think Canada has more guns per capita than the US actually (though mostly rifles), but a miniscule number of gun deaths and crimes per capita compared to the US. There is a good reason that thise stats exist. It boils down to gun culture. I mean, most of the developed world knows the US gun culture is crazy and harmful.
    (So how many born and raised Canadian gun supporters do you know, and how? Several suggests that you must have almost gone out of your way to meet Canadian gun advocates)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited September 2016
    Edited: too many quotes in one.
    Post edited by unsung on
    seanwon said:

unsung said:

If you feel the need to carry a gun everywhere you go, I can assure you that YOU are the one who is afraid.
    Of course I have fear, have you not watched the news lately? It's your goon squads out there causing the chaos.
    edited September 2016
    unsung said:

seanwon said:

unsung said:

Of course I have fear, have you not watched the news lately? It's your goon squads out there causing the chaos.
    Who? Goon squads? Huh? And what has Seanwon got to do with whoever you are talking about?
    And why are you harping on us about being scared when you are admittedly the one with fear?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,477
    PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

aboot? really? I suppose if you believe Terrence and Phillip are what Canadians really are.....

I don't know a single person who owns a handgun. hunting rifles only. never heard one person complain about gun restrictions.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

edited September 2016

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

aboot? really? I suppose if you believe Terrence and Phillip are what Canadians really are.....

I don't know a single person who owns a handgun. hunting rifles only. never heard one person complain about gun restrictions.
    Same here, and the debate just isn't there. At all. I am sure there is some tiny pocket of gun weirdos (many of whom PJPOWER knows, apparently), but lessening gun regulations or increasing gun rights simply is not a part of the Canadian consciousness at all. No one is even thinking about guns for the most part. There is some gang activity where they are gunning for each other, and I guess there is some concern that innocent bystanders can get hurt that way, but we look to law enforcement to work on the gang problem in that case. We don't look toward arming ourselves. It doesn't even occur to most people.
    edited September 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

Us means the majority. The vast majority. I think I can speak to the general feelings towards guns in my own country. We don't have "gun culture" here, and yeah, open carry is not even on the radar screen. And as you said, your friends, who I guess are all Newfies if they say aboot, since other Canadians don't really talk like that, never told you that they advocate for open carry in Canada, which is specifically what I was talking about. You remind me of someone else who once tried to tell me the Canadians want a gun culture like the US because he knows some of them from a gun nut message board, lol. There are always exceptions to the rule. Most of us aren't so stupid as to think that the US is closer to a good system in terms of guns. I think Canada has more guns per capita than the US actually, but a miniscule number of gun deaths and crimes per capita compared to the US. There is a good reason that thise stats exist. It boils down to gun culture. I mean, most of the developed world knows the US gun culture is crazy and harmful.
    (So how many born and raised Canadian gun supporters do you know, and how? Several suggests that you must have almost gone out of your way to meet Canadian gun advocates)
    Most of them are actually "Newfies". Working class who hunt and live in rural areas. I have met them through many different avenues. A couple at one of my friend's wedding, one at a PJ concert, others through my job. Oddly enough, most that I have met complain that the restrictions in Canada are ridiculous, but that's all hear say. They actually make fun of the Canadian city dwellers as I'm sure the opposite applies as well. Guess it's just a matter of perspective.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

My brother in-law has a few handguns. He thinks open carry is idiotic. I only know one Canadian that thinks open carry would be a good thing here in Canada....and he's a well known idiot.

But hey, one guy from the US knows a few Canadians that support open carry.....so that must mean that the majority of Canadians support it......
    edited September 2016
    PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

Us means the majority. The vast majority. I think I can speak to the general feelings towards guns in my own country. We don't have "gun culture" here, and yeah, open carry is not even on the radar screen. And as you said, your friends, who I guess are all Newfies if they say aboot, since other Canadians don't really talk like that, never told you that they advocate for open carry in Canada, which is specifically what I was talking about. You remind me of someone else who once tried to tell me the Canadians want a gun culture like the US because he knows some of them from a gun nut message board, lol. There are always exceptions to the rule. Most of us aren't so stupid as to think that the US is closer to a good system in terms of guns. I think Canada has more guns per capita than the US actually, but a miniscule number of gun deaths and crimes per capita compared to the US. There is a good reason that thise stats exist. It boils down to gun culture. I mean, most of the developed world knows the US gun culture is crazy and harmful.
    Most of them are actually "Newfies". Working class who hunt and live in rural areas. I have met them through many different avenues. A couple at one of my friend's wedding, one at a PJ concert, others through my job. Oddly enough, most that I have met complain that the restrictions in Canada are ridiculous, but that's all hear say. They actually make fun of the Canadian city dwellers as I'm sure the opposite applies as well. Guess it's just a matter of perspective.
    Well over 80% of Canadians live in urban areas, lol, and no, we don't tend to go around making fun of people who live in rural areas. So your friends sound a bit like idiots, sorry. What exactly are they whining about? They are allowed to have hunting rifles and other guns within reason assuming they haven't had legal trouble, so what is their problem exactly? They must have some pretty unreasonable and pointless demands if they have guns and can use them but are still complaining. Forgive me if I don't use your little scenario as proof that Canadians don't think the US gun culture is nuts.
    I actually envy those that live in rural areas. I would love to be able to do that.

www.headstonesband.com

I actually envy those that live in rural areas. I would love to be able to do that.

I prefer to be in the city because there is so much more to do, but I certainly still get the appeal, and rural Canada is generally pretty beautiful too. Especially mountainous, coastal or lake regions. I can't fathom living in rural prairies though. I've read that some people actually go nuts out there on the prairie. It's just so flat and empty that it becomes psychologically oppressive.
    PJ_Soul said:

I prefer to be in the city because there is so much more to do, but I certainly still get the appeal, and rural Canada is generally pretty beautiful too. Especially mountainous, coastal or lake regions. I can't fathom living in rural prairies though. I've read that some people actually go nuts out there on the prairie. It's just so flat and empty that it becomes psychologically oppressive.
    an old g/f of mine lived in a small town 20 minutes outside of Winnipeg. massive yard with a big deck and pool and firepit. it was glorious. my band played there once! LOL

www.headstonesband.com

PJ_Soul said:

an old g/f of mine lived in a small town 20 minutes outside of Winnipeg. massive yard with a big deck and pool and firepit. it was glorious. my band played there once! LOL
    Oh, I thought you meant real rural, like the middle of nowhere basically, way out in the country. I bet 20 minutes out of Winnipeg is pretty sweet just for the house prices alone!
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    unsung said:

seanwon said:

unsung said:

"goon squads"???
    I assume that's his word for police.

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.