Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Irish Al wrote:
    Can this thread get any weirder :rolleyes:

Always. :D

I'm not here half the time, so I don't know what's going on most of the time!
    :p

Cool freaks though.
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    eMMI wrote:
    the answer is - yes.

but you're weird aswell so don't be rolling those eyes! :rolleyes:

:p

Excuse me :mad:
    I need a coffee!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    UKDave wrote:
    Hey Pip... :o KoL finally showed up today, along with Bright Eyes... :D:D

Cool. You going to Bright Eyes in Birmingham? Oh if you look in the CC thread in Other Music same youtube clips from the gigs are turning up ... Hunger Strike, Jesus Christ Pose ...
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Irish Al wrote:
    Excuse me :mad:

hey, you know I'm saying that in the most loving way possible! :D

you are excused. :p

anyhoo my darlings, I need to go. *sob sob* but I shall speak to you all later! :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Chime wrote:
    Cool. You going to Bright Eyes in Birmingham? Oh if you look in the CC thread in Other Music same youtube clips from the gigs are turning up ... Hunger Strike, Jesus Christ Pose ...

Would like to but guessing ticks are gone, plus skint... :(

JCP.....? :eek: is this going to be an acoustic tour or mix or what then? :confused:
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    UKDave wrote:

JCP.....? :eek: is this going to be an acoustic tour or mix or what then? :confused:

I think I fancy going now :( ah well!
    I need a coffee!
    UKDave wrote:

Not acoustic ... he has a full backing band :D:D:D

Think I might have read somewhere that Chris did a couple of songs solo so I'd guess that would be stuff off EM

I missed the Bright Eyes Shepherd's Bush tics as well :o
    Irish Al wrote:
    I think I fancy going now :( ah well!

What CC or Bright Eyes ... if CC Dave may still have his spare ticket?
    Chime wrote:
    Not acoustic ... he has a full backing band :D:D:D

Think I might have read somewhere that Chris did a couple of songs solo so I'd guess that would be stuff off EM

I missed the Bright Eyes Shepherd's Bush tics as well :o

Feckin A... so we'll get the full ToTD, Soundgarden, Audioslave, Solo mix then cool... :D

Al - got a spare for CC but think it might already be allocated... Karim? :confused: do you know Pip? :o
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    Feckin A... so we'll get the full ToTD, Soundgarden, Audioslave, Solo mix then cool... :D

Al - got a spare for CC but think it might already be allocated... Karim? :confused: do you know Pip? :o

Hmmm guessing Rita would know. I know he has a ticket but don't know if it's yours :confused:
    Chime wrote:
    Hmmm guessing Rita would know. I know he has a ticket but don't know if it's yours :confused:

OK, feel a pm coming on... :rolleyes:... ;):D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Thanks pip n dave but don't have the cash for it, just had to turn down a stag party in the uk....not to worry :D
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    Thanks pip n dave but don't have the cash for it, just had to turn down a stag party in the uk....not to worry :D

:( flights are cheap, accomodation would be free ... ah well :o

Dave this is a sample setlist http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=4330599&postcount=350 ... don't know if this was a full gig or one of the promotional things he's been doing :)
    Chime wrote:

Dave this is a sample setlist http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=4330599&postcount=350 ... don't know if this was a full gig or one of the promotional things he's been doing :)

Spoonman
    Outshined
    Hunger Strike
    Burden In My Hand
    Seasons
    Billie Jean
    Cal Me A Dog
    Rusty Cage
    Black Hole Sun
    Jesus Christ Pose

:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Chime wrote:

I don't think my life would be worth living :o
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    I don't think my life would be worth living :o

:( we'll shed a tear into our drinks when we're sat in The Royal George ... I presume we'll be meeting there won't we :confused:

I guess your already flying off to one gig without her ... maybe she'd like to come see Chris :D:p
    Chime wrote:
    :( we'll shed a tear into our drinks when we're sat in The Royal George ... I presume we'll be meeting there won't we :confused:

I guess your already flying off to one gig without her ... maybe she'd like to come see Chris :D:p

No she wouldn't be bothered, liked him in soundgarden and ToTD and a few solo tunes but not so much now!
    I need a coffee!
    Right nighty night folks ... really must finish off some work and get out of here ...

Places to go people to see ;)

Hope you have good evenings :)
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Hehe we did a pretty good job today of turning the thread weird! :D I like it :cool: I expect more of the same behaviour tomorrow, even though I won't be on much, if at all. My boss has requested a meeting with me to sort things out before I leave :rolleyes: Boring :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Irish Al wrote:
    Can this thread get any weirder :rolleyes:

toothless badger anyone?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    eMMI wrote:

what an odd relationship yous have.

beautiful. :D

who has? :confused:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Evening... :):o

Good show from the Kop tonight. All this temping is making me tired... I mean, I'm actually working :eek:
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Back home and this is what I find.... :eek: scary.. even for me!

Soooo... Al is not a bloke but a cross dressing woman....
    Emmi hates french girls but dreams of Al....
    V dreams of Al and snakes but is still quite happy to eat at Al's mum's (all in one dream....)
    Caz is spanking Al...

Too much of Al, if you ask me (even if you don't)

Not too sure about everyone's fluffy bits... though Rob has no time to ponder upon that as he is actually having to do some work now!

Dave... they took out the blue smarties... so don't blame this rubbish on them.. there are still blue m&ms though - I love them.... but what's the logic in that?

Pippa.. if the tickets are free.. take them. Discover something new (without scoring 5 points).

Bright eyes......
    Burning like fire.
    Bright eyes.....
    How can you close and fail? Etc. Just get the bloody tickets.. forget about skint!

NIN with the foos :confused: On again? :confused: Is it still in august? Last time it appeared on NIN website and they even sold tickets... Is this for real... would I try for tickets... too many questions.... head exploding....

Oh.. and did I read somewhere that we were gonna meet up? ;)

Ah.... mon petit Dunky cheri.... le blaireau édentée... le pauvre.. il ne sert plus a grand chose. Mais... le singe est dans l'arbre....

And with these wise words my lovelies... I shall leave you and go to bed.... (but not before I have a bit more chocolate I brought back from Belgium! :D) And I will not dream of Al....
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    redrock wrote:

NIN with the foos :confused: On again? :confused: Is it still in august? Last time it appeared on NIN website and they even sold tickets... Is this for real... would I try for tickets... too many questions.... head exploding....

NIN won't be supporting Foo Fighters in Dublin... the promotors have offered more money for their own headline show - I assume they're just trying to finalize the details!

Good Morning all! I'm soooo soooo tired :(
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Irish Al wrote:
    Mornin, jen, dunk, stephen and red :D

The car didn't arrive yesterday, maybe today :rolleyes: just as well as I've no money to pay for it :D

Steve, not Stephen. :rolleyes:
    I never liked Stephen anyway. It's too much like Stephanie. My Mum named me Steve, because she was a fan of Steve McQueen. :cool:

Anyway, as you were! ;)
    Jennytree wrote:
    NIN won't be supporting Foo Fighters in Dublin... the promotors have offered more money for their own headline show - I assume they're just trying to finalize the details!

Good Morning all! I'm soooo soooo tired :(

Good morning Jennyferacous!
    jrd wrote:
    that sounds like a good way to get freaked out... :D

Félix Faure, now THAT'S the way to pop your...errr...clogs... ;)

Nevermind Félix Faure, check out Élie Faure's 'The history of art' in 5 volumes. Now that fucker will keep ya busy.

The Spirit of Forms
    1927 - Writings and Theories

For those who seek in the world of forms a general architecture that draws a powerful poetic aspect from functional logic, obvious analogies are all that is needed. Poussin, like Homer before him, saw the trunk of a palm tree in the torso of a young woman and compared it to the columns of the Maison Carrée of Nímes. Delacroix made similar observations with regard to trees, leaves, and patterns made by water in the sand. The Ecrits de Carrière include a very informative lecture on this matter, given at the Galerie Ostéologique of the Museum, where the bare skeletons of animals appear., Observe the harmonious construction of each of them, the bones moving in their sockets, bony levers being pulled by weight or by the movement of muscles, the intricate interweavings and pivots of the vertebrae, the pelvis vessel that carries the intestines, the consistency of the bony framework entrusted with the task of balancing and transmitting pressure, and all this apparatus being lifeless matter, but so animated by imperceptible functional processes serving the purpose of Walking, grasping, chewing, flying, swimming, and maintaining the profound and elastic movements of the heart and lungs. Compare all the varieties present in this forest of skeletons, from the most gigantic dinosaurs before the Deluge to the smallest reptile or bird. Discover the same forms and proportions within the shell protecting this monster as huge as an oak tree and this minuscule insect no larger than a bud . . .

Universal form is built on a single basis. It can be discovered anywhere. Poor indeed is the one who, for example, fails to see in a human or animal skull not only a well-ordered countryside with hills and valleys, rivers, internal movements, geological unity, and rhythm, but also a perfect sculpture with its asymmetrical balance, its silent planes, its fleeting lines, its expressive projections, and its sinuous and pure profiles. And when man and his devices appear on the Earth, is it by chance that his weapon is similar to an animal's horn or defensive appendage? . . . Is it by chance that a submarine resembles a fish, that an airplane resembles a bird or a giant insect, that a boiler or a sewer resembles a person's entrails, that a motor resembles a beating heart? . . . There is between the mind and the motives that are constantly shaping and drawing it to seek nourishment and security, a prevailing and benign view that intelligence picks up where imitation of an object leaves off, and that invention ends where the object is forgotten. Tintoretto's outline of Paradise, where everything is living forms, resembles the mind just as much as the Parthenon or an automobile, where everything is abstract formulas. Elie Faure, The Spirit of Forms [Excerpts] . . . . The Spirit of Forms is the final volume of the famous History of Art, a crowning achievement for Elie Faure. But whereas most of the History follows the centuries in chronological order, jumping from civilization to civilization and bringing the continents together, this final volume touches upon the heart of artistic creation. The author compares the metallic structure of the Eiffel Tower to the flying buttresses of Notre Dame, a tortoise shell to the Freyssinenet dirigible hangars at Orly airport in Paris. In these passages, art is seen as having arisen with the dawn of life itself.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Good morning Jennyferacous!

Morning Stiofán! Anything fun happening over there??
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    morning

i'm both tired and bored out of my huge and vast mind!!

plus i really need to have sex soon
    dunkman wrote:
    morning

i'm both tired and bored out of my huge and vast mind!!

plus i really need to have sex soon

Dr Byrnzie to the rescue!

I think we can safely break these problems of yours down into just one simple problem: You need to have sex soon. :cool: