Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Keithos wrote:
    I'm quite taken back... astounded in fact, by the utter crap you all talk about :P

Oh, morning all!!!

K x

You're right - utter crap. I think I will stop this and go do some mundain things now (whilst listening to Pearl Jam!)
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Keithos wrote:
    I'm quite taken back... astounded in fact, by the utter crap you all talk about :P

Oh, morning all!!!

K x

Morning Keith. Good bank holiday :confused:

See your arrival is already putting an end to the insanity ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    ‘They are revolting - that weird green, the sloppiness of it all - yuck! The first time I saw mushy peas’

Eurgh, shuddup :eek: . I dunno how she could eat them. She was a bit weird anyway – the odd Saturday morning I’d wake up with her in the bed beside me and stuff like that :eek:

‘What about brussel sprouts then??’

Umm… I love brussel sprouts :) Anyway, is everyone hungry or something? What’s all the talk of food? The weirdest thing I ate was Crocodile or wildebeest – both absolutely disgusting. Like eating a big lump of fat – I was chewing and chewing and chewing and chewing and chewing and… yeh, well you get the message. Horrible stuff.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    Nice to know I can have an effect for the greater good of the thread :D

Bank holiday was good band rehearsal went very well... getting excited about our music!

Yesterday I was at a BBQ for a friends 30th... ended up getting quite messy (as I'm sure you can all imagine)!

I trust everyone is enjoying the new album?
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    ‘They are revolting - that weird green, the sloppiness of it all - yuck! The first time I saw mushy peas’

The weirdest thing I ate was Crocodile or wildebeest – both absolutely disgusting. Like eating a big lump of fat – I was chewing and chewing and chewing and chewing and chewing and… yeh, well you get the message. Horrible stuff.

Sounds like my whelk experience! (Which ended in vomitus!)
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Sounds like my whelk experience! (Which ended in vomitus!)

Eurgh!! :o sounds lovely :eek: Well, I managed not to throw up but ewwww :o

I generally try to avoid weird stuff though - it's just not right.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Keithos wrote:
    Nice to know I can have an effect for the greater good of the thread :D

Bank holiday was good band rehearsal went very well... getting excited about our music!

Yesterday I was at a BBQ for a friends 30th... ended up getting quite messy (as I'm sure you can all imagine)!

I trust everyone is enjoying the new album?

What is your considered opinion on the notorious brussel sprout Keith? Did you have any at your barbecue yesterday?
    On a less serious note...does anyone know how long the pre-ordered copies of the new album will take to arrive?
    Byrnzie wrote:
    On a less serious note...does anyone know how long the pre-ordered copies of the new album will take to arrive?

It said 4-6 weeks. Hopefully they will try for sooner :confused:

I caved and bought it at Waterloo station this morning so could listen to it walking along the South Bank to work :D
    Byrnzie wrote:
    What is your considered opinion on the notorious brussel sprout Keith? Did you have any at your barbecue yesterday?
    Barbecued sprouts??? :confused: What the fuck's going on, lol? Last night you're declaring your undying love for peas and now... this????
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Chime wrote:

I caved and bought it at Waterloo station this morning so could listen to it walking along the South Bank to work :D

I've already got a copy on my i-pod. Had it since last Thursday - but pre-ordered it ages ago. I was tempted to buy it from HMV at victoria station this morning though anyway. Hmmm...it's tempting. Don't think I can wait 4-6 weeks. I just want to have the real thing in my hands.
    Chime wrote:

That's the reason I didn't pre-order it (should have done, maybe). I know there is the download, but I like to have it in hand, look at it, touch it (and that's only a CD!).
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Some Americans got it on Friday, I think.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Barbecued sprouts??? :confused: What the fuck's going on, lol? Last night you're declaring your undying love for peas and now... this????

Well...I mean, it's always good to experiment! Can we have barbecued sprouts at your place in August Helen??
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I've already got a copy on my i-pod. Had it since last Thursday - but pre-ordered it ages ago. I was tempted to buy it from HMV at victoria station this morning though anyway. Hmmm...it's tempting. Don't think I can wait 4-6 weeks. I just want to have the real thing in my hands.

Yeah I couldn't wait :D Wanted the artwork and lyrics aswell.

Think from looking on The Porch the Ten Club version is slightly different and with the bootleg I'm still glad I pre-ordered aswell :D
  • dbkdbk Posts: 304
    enjoy last night byrnzie???
    again a tad on the short side(setlist that is)
    gotta stop getting wasted before shows!!!
    like a book amongst the many on a shelf.......

Finsbury Park 93, Wembley 00, Astoria 06,
    Dublin 06, Reading 06, Wembley 07....
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    redrock wrote:
    but I like to have it in hand, look at it, touch it (and that's only a CD!).

oooh saucy ;);)

yeah... i like to have the hard product in my hands as well... look at the artwork, read the lyrics, etc... i quite fancied the pre-order thing for the official bootleg of the hogmanay show, but i'm sure it'll crop up somewhere ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    redrock wrote:
    That's the reason I didn't pre-order it (should have done, maybe). I know there is the download, but I like to have it in hand, look at it, touch it (and that's only a CD!).
    Lol, people at work thought I was mental. It was alright when I was going on about the new album and saying I wanted it but then after lunch on Friday I was like 'do you want to see it?' :) lol, I got some weird looks :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    dbk wrote:
    enjoy last night byrnzie???
    again a tad on the short side(setlist that is)
    gotta stop getting wasted before shows!!!

Alrighty? Yeah, i was shitfaced. Drinking cocktails beforehand. Good laugh though. Set list was a bit short. Was it me, or did he only play one oncore?
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Well...I mean, it's always good to experiment! Can we have barbecued sprouts at your place in August Helen??

No byrnzie, we cannot :cool:

Shite, am I supposed to feed yas too??? :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Byrnzie wrote:

I like them. But they weren't at the BBQ :(

However, there was a pea and mint salad - which I'm sure will get your approval!
    Keithos wrote:
    I like them. But they weren't at the BBQ :(

However, there was a pea and mint salad - which I'm sure will get your approval!

:eek: OH MY GOD WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?????????????????

Is a pea and mint salad to England what potato salad is to Ireland??? Cos I don't think I've ever seen a pea and mint salad.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Keithos wrote:

See mushy peas and mint sauce has gone all trendy :) I knew it was the future. LOL it's just one of those foods that remind me of childhood so I have it once every five years now :cool:

EDIT for HHelen. I would never cook the mushy peas myself because of the smell. Always buy them ;)
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I've never heard Wolfmother. I'll have to check em out.

they are awesome, although id be just as happy with kings of leon
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
    :eek: OH MY GOD WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?????????????????

Is a pea and mint salad to England what potato salad is to Ireland??? Cos I don't think I've ever seen a pea and mint salad.

I've never had it before either... but it was a creation by my friend Sian who is a good cook! Maybe she can make some that I can bring to Dublin???

It's very nice... honest!
    Keithos wrote:
    I've never had it before either... but it was a creation by my friend Sian who is a good cook! Maybe she can make some that I can bring to Dublin???

He he he! I knew that even Keith wouldn't be able to resist the lure of the pea!
    Byrnzie wrote:
    He he he! I knew that even Keith wouldn't be able to resist the lure of the pea!

Some of my best friends are peas. They're at the bottom of the garden... with the birds and the bees...
    "I've never heard Wolfmother. I'll have to check em out. " Byrnzie - try this link, you can listen to their album ---> http://www.myspace.com/wolfmother

Wolfmother will be appearing live on 'Late Night With Conan O'Brien' next Thursday May 4th (if you have cable TV!)
    Keithos wrote:
    Some of my best friends are peas. They're at the bottom of the garden... with the birds and the bees...

Keithos wrote:

Oh no :o please don’t. I’m sure your friend is a really good cook but no peas, please :)

I have to admit though, I love peas fresh from the garden. When we were growing up we grew all sorts of stuff at the bottom of the garden and I would ONLY eat vegetables raw. Turnips, cabbage, carrots, peas – all beautiful raw but they’d make me gag if they were cooked for some reason.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life