Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    ...No wonder the woman’s mental :D
    The woman's mental? Check out the daughter! And Dunk - you said it, you are weird!
  • newagehippienewagehippie Posts: 749
    ummmmm....I know I've been gone for a few days....but WTF does peas and sprouts have to do with Dublin and beer????

:D
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
    foxymop79 wrote:
    Me too - I used to make my mam strain the minestrone soup to get all the bits out!!!! Like them now though! Won't eat the pea soup my dad makes though - Helen - whats your stance on pea soup?

With our without mint?
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    ummmmm....I know I've been gone for a few days....but WTF does peas and sprouts have to do with Dublin and beer????

:D

We're all having peas and sprouts on the bbq at Helens, in Dublin whilst drinking beer!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
    redrock wrote:
    With our without mint?

Without! It might be nicer with a bit of mint - might suggest it to him!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    foxymop79 wrote:
    Me too - I used to make my mam strain the minestrone soup to get all the bits out!!!! Like them now though! Won't eat the pea soup my dad makes though - Helen - whats your stance on pea soup?
    Oh come on, like you have to ask??? Pea soup is just as pointless as the stuff it’s made of and I never saw the point of minestrone either, lol. It’s just not soup.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    OOOOhhhh - treading on dangerous ground here - I agree on pea soup - looks like someone had green shits - but don't be dissing the mister strone! Gangster of all soups!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

redrock wrote:
    The woman's mental? Check out the daughter! And Dunk - you said it, you are weird!
    Lol, hmm :o

What? You don't know? Shit, well I was hoping you'd sort that one out for us :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Although I do get wrong off the waitress at my local Italian for not eating the big lumps of veg - she makes me eat it!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    foxymop79 wrote:
    OOOOhhhh - treading on dangerous ground here - I agree on pea soup - looks like someone had green shits - but don't be dissing the mister strone! Gangster of all soups! Although I do get wrong off the waitress at my local Italian for not eating the big lumps of veg - she makes me eat it!

This is the worst hangover I've ever had!! Aggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    redrock wrote:

i know :)

other weird food things:-

1. i love yogurt and i love fruit... but i can only eat yogurts that are smooth... the thought of finding a lump in my yogurt makes me squeamish.. same with trifles, fruit in the jelly is just wrong... i can only eat Birds trifle that comes in sachets that you make yourself

2. i eat things in sequence of "nice-osity"... so if it was a plate of steak, chips, onion rings and mushrooms... it would be eaten in the this order
    1. mushrooms
    2. onion rings
    3. chips
    4. steak

3. i always eat the digestivey bit off the bottom of a Twix first and then leave the toffee till the end... same with jaffa cakes... i nibble the edges like a large scottish mouse and then peel the orangey jelly bit off... eat the sponge and then let the orangey bit melt in my mouth thereafter...

fuck i felt weird typing that out :(

you can understand why my folks nearly went mental :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    LMFAO... I think they may have heard that one down the hall :D . What the FUCK is going on??? :o

Look foxy, I don't wanna fall out with you over this but minestrone is hardly soup now, is it? Let's be honest here! Maybe some kinda broth - but not soup.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Byrnzie wrote:

You started it!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

2. i eat things in sequence of "nice-osity"... so if it was a plate of steak, chips, onion rings and mushrooms... it would be eaten in the this order
    1. mushrooms
    2. onion rings
    3. chips
    4. steak

3. i always eat the digestivey bit off the bottom of a Twix first and then leave the toffee till the end... same with jaffa cakes... i nibble the edges like a large scottish mouse and then peel the orangey jelly bit off... eat the sponge and then let the orangey bit melt in my mouth thereafter...
    Hey there's nothing weird about either of those... :o Right???
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    LMFAO... I think they may have heard that one down the hall :D . What the FUCK is going on??? :o

Look foxy, I don't wanna fall out with you over this but minestrone is hardly soup now, is it? Let's be honest here! Maybe some kinda broth - but not soup.

Right vote time people - Minestrone - SOUP or BROTH! Answers on a postcard to ....
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    i know :)

other weird food things:-

1. i love yogurt and i love fruit... but i can only eat yogurts that are smooth... the thought of finding a lump in my yogurt makes me squeamish.. same with trifles, fruit in the jelly is just wrong... i can only eat Birds trifle that comes in sachets that you make yourself

1. mushrooms
    2. onion rings
    3. chips
    4. steak

fuck i felt weird typing that out :(

you can understand why my folks nearly went mental :)

Dunk I kinda get the niceosity. Although I will eat bits of everything I always save some of my favourite thing on the plate for last :D

Byrnzie are you starting hope that we all just part of some alcohol induced nightmare and you are gonna wake up soon without the last ten pages of the thread having happened :confused:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    I totally agree with Dunk - bits in jelly and yoghurt is evil - I hate bits!!!!! I eat things according to niceosity as well! Always leave the best til last!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

.. i always eat the digestivey bit off the bottom of a Twix first and then leave the toffee till the end... same with jaffa cakes... i nibble the edges like a large scottish mouse and then peel the orangey jelly bit off... eat the sponge and then let the orangey bit melt in my mouth thereafter...

newagehippie - you'll know these - some of you Europeans may have also had some: OREOs!!! I have to take them apart to each them - gently ease off one of the cookies, leaving the filling intact on the other one. Eat that bare bit first and then eat the other bit with the filling on. I don't like to eat them 'whole'. (Newagehippie - if you come to Dublin or Antwerp, please bring some 'double stuff Oreos'. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms.)
    O.k, here's a comprehensive list of what I don't like:

Currents
    Raisins
    prunes
    plums
    plum tomato's
    figs
    dates
    pumpkin pie
    whelks
    grits
    Chime wrote:
    Dunk I kinda get the niceosity. Although I will eat bits of everything I always save some of my favourite thing on the plate for last :D

Byrnzie are you starting hope that we all just part of some alcohol induced nightmare are you gonna wake up soon :confused:
    Yep, most obviously when it comes to sandwiches - I eat the crusts first and leave the middle bit til last :o and you can't have the last mouthful with NO steak :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    arrrgggghhhh

stewed sausages :eek:

i just had a flashback to them fucking things... my folks loved them as well :confused:

basically it was a stew/casserole thingy but sausages were just plopped into it.... anyway, i was eating it once aged about 10 or 11 and i bit into the sausage and the skin just peeled off it... so i had a bit of sausage in my mouth and there was a whole sausage skin dangling from between my lips and it stuck to my chin... it makes me feel like a rent boy nowadays when i think of it... a sausage sheath stuck to my chin... it's making me feel quite queasy now actually

*bleurch*
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Byrnzie wrote:

Currents
    Raisins
    prunes
    plums
    plum tomato's
    figs
    dates
    pumpkin pie
    whelks

PUMPKIN PIE?!?! How can you not like pumpkin pie?
    Chime wrote:

Byrnzie are you starting hope that we all just part of some alcohol induced nightmare and you are gonna wake up soon without the last ten pages of the thread having happened :confused:

You got that right!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Dunk it seems we all agree on niceosity :D:D:D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Byrnzie wrote:

Currents
    Raisins
    prunes
    figs
    dates
    pumpkin pie
    whelks
    grits
    Ok I'm with you on those but come on: plums and plum tomato's? I love plum tomato's - the way they just pop in your mouth. But yep, re. the above, see when it comes to mince pies - I love them but WITHOUT the filling. I love the bits of fruit cake AROUND the fruit.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Chime wrote:

You got that right! I wish I'd carried on talking about leprechauns and penises now!
    Chime wrote:

You got that right! I wish I'd carried on talking about leprechauns and penises (peni?) now!
    Byrnzie wrote:
    You got that right! I wish I'd carried on talking about leprechauns and penises now!
    Yep, we're ALL nuts :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Ok I'm with you on those but come on: plums and plum tomato's? I love plum tomato's - the way they just pop in your mouth. But yep, re. the above, see when it comes to mince pies - I love them but WITHOUT the filling. I love the bits of fruit cake AROUND the fruit.

A Plum tomato reminds me of a very sore scrotum sack!
    Yep, most obviously when it comes to sandwiches - I eat the crusts first and leave the middle bit til last :o and you can't have the last mouthful with NO steak :o

so my 2 and 3 dont seem that weird now that others do the same :cool:

i leave the crusts to the end however... i love crusts.. :)