Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I like the thought of the rockin leprechaun - maybe with a pint of tricoloured guinness and shite like that :)

I might just nick this one then :)

http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/images/fdubpst.jpg

save me some graphic design work... me be busy at work and all :rolleyes:

as a graphic designer knows full well.....and my training has taught me well.... all designers steal anyway.. so i might just do it this time as well :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I might just nick this one then :)

http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/images/fdubpst.jpg

save me some graphic design work... me be busy at work and all :rolleyes:

as a graphic designer knows full well.....and my training has taught me well.... all designers steal anyway.. so i might just do it this time as well :)

That will look splendid pinned next to the Astoria badge :D

Think I might start to lose friends if they have to listen to me telling them about the Astoria, the new album and now they have "I'm going to Dublin to see Pearl Jam" for the next four months :(
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Chime wrote:
    That will look splendid pinned next to the Astoria badges :D

Think I might start to lose friends if they have to listen to me telling them about the Astoria, the new album and now they have "I'm going to Dublin to see Pearl Jam" for the next four months :(

I think I've already lost a few friends, lol. And no matter how much I try to talk about other stuff... it just doesn't work, lol.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    I think I've already lost a few friends, lol. And no matter how much I try to talk about other stuff... it just doesn't work, lol.

I am starting to have one main topic of conversation :rolleyes: ... it's just when something is soooooooo good ;)
    Chime wrote:
    I am starting to have one main topic of conversation :rolleyes: ... it's just when something is soooooooo good ;)
    Yep, I know... and EVERYTHING leads back to it and you can just see it in peoples eyes like 'how the fuck did she manage to turn that around to the Astoria???' and they're smiling politely a little bit less. Actually well usually I'd be downstairs chatting to some of them right now but I'm up here on the computer chatting to you lot :o Oh fuck, lol.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Yep, I know... and EVERYTHING leads back to it and you can just see it in peoples eyes like 'how the fuck did she manage to turn that around to the Astoria???' and they're smiling politely a little bit less. Actually well usually I'd be downstairs chatting to some of them right now but I'm up here on the computer chatting to you lot :o Oh fuck, lol.

I know!

Just looked on the news section and we get to watch that concert after Letterman live on 'tinternet :D:D:D

Well I'm off the evening as am having problems with the site going down and really should get ready for going back to work tomorrow so goodnight and thanks for the company :)
    Chime wrote:
    I know!

Just looked on the news section and we get to watch that concert after Letterman live on 'tinternet :D:D:D

Well I'm off the evening as am having problems with the site going down and really should get ready for going back to work tomorrow so goodnight and thanks for the company :)
    Oooohh, well that's good news. I hope my brothers working that night though.

Well good night chime, chat to ya tomorrow I guess :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Oooohh, well that's good news. I hope my brothers working that night though.

Well good night chime, chat to ya tomorrow I guess :D

Bollocks!! away with work that night, no access to t'internet :(
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    UKDave wrote:
    Bollocks!! away with work that night, no access to t'internet :(

Oh is that this Thursday right??? I think that's the one day this week my brother IS working :) so I get to use the computer :)

I think I have to go to bed now though :( so good night Dave and whoever else is still up.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • robblerobble Posts: 63
    the frequent use of the word " t'internet " leads me to believe that many people have "booked it...packed it... and ... " for august. hopefully it wont be spitting come august, or maybe so, then they might rush us all in faster.

as a suggestion, anyone going from Belfast interested in a meet up around the 20th of august or whenever? i kno about seven people going down, but ive seen others on here who appear to do going(from Belfast) we could compare Belfast Guinness to Dublin Guinness lol
    Astoria 20-4-06, Dublin 23-8-06, London 18-06-07
    It's A Right Royal Cockney Barrel Of Monkeys
    All Monkfish Great And Small
  • robble wrote:
    the frequent use of the word " t'internet " leads me to believe that many people have "booked it...packed it... and ... " for august. hopefully it wont be spitting come august, or maybe so, then they might rush us all in faster.

as a suggestion, anyone going from Belfast interested in a meet up around the 20th of august or whenever? i kno about seven people going down, but ive seen others on here who appear to do going(from Belfast) we could compare Belfast Guinness to Dublin Guinness lol

guinness shmuinness
    we all know murphys is the nicest!! spoken by a true corkman ;)
    the leaders of the free world are just little boys throwing stones
    Dublin 06,Paris 06
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Can I have one??? :) Pretty please??? Shite the password... ummmm... bend over???

Count me in mateypoo's!!!
  • robblerobble Posts: 63
    i dont even drink guinness, i was merely trying to appeal to the masses, im a cider man! but not magners/bulmers, its more a "apple flavour with your sugar syrup?"
    Astoria 20-4-06, Dublin 23-8-06, London 18-06-07
    It's A Right Royal Cockney Barrel Of Monkeys
    All Monkfish Great And Small
    Hey man..Lepracauns[I can't even spell it - so what the fuck do I know?] drinking guiness sounds good to me! I've just got back from seeing Morrissey - there were exactly 1,357 Irish fans there. I've got all there names and addresses (and a few penis sizes - fella's, we've nothing to worry about!) I've just arrived home and dropped peas all over the kitchen floor! Now that's worrying! Pea's are an important part of my diet! - hmm.. maybe this isn't the place to be giving away such information? I shall converse with you all later! Tallyho!!
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Peas rock!
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Hey man..Lepracauns[I can't even spell it - so what the fuck do I know?] drinking guiness sounds good to me! I've just got back from seeing Morrissey - there were exactly 1,357 Irish fans there. I've got all there names and addresses (and a few penis sizes - fella's, we've nothing to worry about!) I've just arrived home and dropped peas all over the kitchen floor! Now that's worrying! Pea's are an important part of my diet! - hmm.. maybe this isn't the place to be giving away such information? I shall converse with you all later! Tallyho!!
    frankly im worried about why you were checking out irish penises.....

each to their own though i guess ;)
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
    duggro wrote:
    frankly im worried about why you were checking out irish penises.....

each to their own though i guess ;)

O.k, I utilised a helper who carried out a scientific study from a distance using sonar! I merely compiled the results! Now leave me alone...besides..Dunkman started it!!..Get away!...I am innocent!!....I have peas to pick up from kitchen my floor goddamnit!

P.s, if anyone want's to see my pic's of Morrissey ...fresh off the press...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69963790@N00/?saved=1
    God my head hurts! What strange gibbersh was I spouting last night?...Leprachauns...penises....peas. Arggggh...I have to work today! Shiiiiit!!
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    I'm finishing my first listen of the new PJ - had some trouble getting through to download it, but finally did!
    :)

So many songs I'll be looking forward to hearing live, for the first time in Dublin!

I love some songs sooooooooo much already!!!
    :)

I'm tired, but happily going to sleep, at 3:30 am lol

see you in a couple hours
    :p
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
    Byrnzie wrote:

LMAO... were you a little bit drunk? :D I hate peas :o just don't see the point of them... and don't get me started on mushy peas :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Byrnzie wrote:
    God my head hurts! What strange gibbersh was I spouting last night?...Leprachauns...penises....peas. Arggggh...I have to work today! Shiiiiit!!
    LMAO... yeh we all speak the truth when we're drunk and then ya sober up and quickly try to cover your tracks :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    LMAO... yeh we all speak the truth when we're drunk and then ya sober up and quickly try to cover your tracks :D

I know, I can't believe I publicly announced my love of peas last night!! God...the shame!!
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Arg, I can't download the new album, and its buggin' me! Feckin' Java! And I've an exam at two, so I'm fooked really!

Mornin' everyone!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    LMAO... were you a little bit drunk? :D I hate peas :o just don't see the point of them... and don't get me started on mushy peas :eek:

For the true wonder of mushy peas they must be eaten from a styrofoam cup with mint sauce :D:D

p.s. Managed to buy the album at Waterloo station so am on my first listen through :):):)
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Morning all. Didn't have much time for the board over the week-end (only took a couple of very quick peeks) but what did I miss?!?!? Leprechaun penises? Byrnzie's unmentionable love of peas and others being grossed out by mushy peas (understandably)! Must have been quite a week-end for those who don't have kids!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Chime wrote:
    For the true wonder of mushy peas they must be eaten from a styrofoam cup with mint sauce :D:D

p.s. Managed to buy the album at Waterloo station so am on my first listen through :):):)

mushy peas = Kermits puke :)

i dont get the need for mushy peas... its just green gloop .... *bleurch*

woo-hoo album purchaser.... :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    mushy peas = Kermits puke :)

i dont get the need for mushy peas... its just green gloop .... *bleurch*

woo-hoo album purchaser.... :)

Hee Hee mushy peas are tradition where I come from. Went on a family camping trip and one of my uncles turned up with a pressure cooker full of mushy peas and a jar of mint sauce :D

The southern girlfriend of one of my cousins knew she was now north of the Watford Gap :D:D
    redrock wrote:
    others being grossed out by mushy peas (understandably)!

Thank you :o . I shared a house with a French girl once who used to eat them on purpose. I'd have to leave the house when she cooked them, the smell was THAT bad. It's pretty much the only smell that makes me gag... mint sauce or no, they're just wrong.

So what next byrnzie??? Lol.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Thank you :o . I shared a house with a French girl once who used to eat them on purpose. I'd have to leave the house when she cooked them, the smell was THAT bad. It's pretty much the only smell that makes me gag... mint sauce or no, they're just wrong.

So, do peas that have been trodden into the carpet count as mushy peas?
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341

How can a French girl eat mushy peas. They are revolting - that weird green, the sloppiness of it all - yuck! The first time I saw mushy peas (a couple of years after I moved to the UK!), I couldn't believe that stuff was edible (that and Marmite). It represented everything the French get to laugh at when it comes to English cuisine (which, by the way, I don't do at all of course).