Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• V VV V Posts: 5,191
    I would love to see QueenAdreena open for PJ , a very undrated band they are amazing live giving it 110% all the way . dont know who i'm talking about ? go check them out.
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • GeorgieGeorgie Posts: 22
    Don't Audioslave have an album out in June? It would be sooooo cool if they got them to open for PJ!
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    Glorified wrote:
    Don't Audioslave have an album out in June? It would be sooooo cool if they got them to open for PJ!
    And they're at Reading...
    But I think tickets would be more expensive if a band as big as Audioslave were supporting.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    In line with previous tours, Its gonna be somebody really small, obscure even. Wont be anyone big. Im hoping for Sleater Kinney. Heard good things about them, mostly through Ed of course, and would be cool to hear something thats barely played on MTV or on radio.
    ANyone thinking of Kings of Leon or Audioslave or even Neil Young I read on another thread, are dreaming. Would be great to have any of them, but I think Pj's philosophy is helping to promote a small, up and coming band. I mean the last time they were here, UK, we got The Vandals.
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    danmac wrote:
    ANyone thinking of Kings of Leon or Audioslave or even Neil Young I read on another thread, are dreaming..

strange then that Kings of Leon's website has them saying that they are touring with Pearl Jam on the upcoming Oz/NZ tour in November.. :confused:

i am dreaming though.... Kings of Leon are my 2nd favourite band and it would be a dream come true...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Binaural wrote:
    Waaaaay off Dunk, the two influences and styles that jump out from Wolfmother are Black Sabbath (ala the music) and Led Zepplin (ala the vocals),
    PEACE

I get Led Zep from the vocals... but the vocals are very very much Jack White as well... you cant deny that ;)... actually i read Q magazinr today and they gave Wolfmother 4 Q's or whatever they hand out these days and actually likened them very much to the White Stripes and Black Sabbath!!

As for KOL... i just think Wolfmother sound southern and dirty rock wise... very riff orientated and i suppose AC/DC is leaking out of there as well

very good band
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I get Led Zep from the vocals... but the vocals are very very much Jack White as well... you cant deny that ;)... actually i read Q magazinr today and they gave Wolfmother 4 Q's or whatever they hand out these days and actually likened them very much to the White Stripes and Black Sabbath!!

As for KOL... i just think Wolfmother sound southern and dirty rock wise... very riff orientated and i suppose AC/DC is leaking out of there as well

very good band

Saw them on t.v last night dunk, funnily enough. Great hair!! Big hair! I love big hair! Big hair rules!!
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Saw them on t.v last night dunk, funnily enough. Great hair!! Big hair! I love big hair! Big hair rules!!

yeah... massivo hairdo from the lead singer blokey... gives them a certain "look", a look i wouldnt attempt to copy!!

i wonder when we'll get the support band announcement... if there isnt one would that mean PJ play longer... i could live with that :D

ps.. what TV show were they on Byrnzie... i missed that :(
    yeah... massivo hairdo from the lead singer blokey... gives them a certain "look", a look i wouldnt attempt to copy!!

i wonder when we'll get the support band announcement... if there isnt one would that mean PJ play longer... i could live with that :D

ps.. what TV show were they on Byrnzie... i missed that :(

Channel 4 at about 2am. I don't know what it was called. I think it was some sort of album chart show. Morrissey was also on there - and talking of "the pope of mope" I need to get ready to go out as I'm seeing him later at Alexandra Palace.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I need to get ready to go out as I'm seeing him later at Alexandra Palace.

enjoy the show my good man.... count how many Irish fans* are there will you ;);)

*extreme toungue in cheek comment before i get flamed for it :D
    enjoy the show my good man.... count how many Irish fans* are there will you ;);)

*extreme toungue in cheek comment before i get flamed for it :D

I'll get names and addresses!
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Brilliantly said Colm :)

‘Great list byrnzie!! I cant believe people are letting the angry rants of a tiny minority make them think they will be racially abused. England and scotland fans play rugby matches in dublin every 2 years and their fans walk around in their countries jerseys and there is nothing but a good atmosphere and friendly banter. If a competive rugby match does not bring racial hatred then i dont think a pearl jam concert will!!!’

Anyway there are fucking assholes everywhere. I somehow doubt any of those who were bitching are old enough to be allowed go to the gig anyway. Besides, any proper fan ;) would have done absolutely everything to ensure they got tickets. Mine are safely locked away – when I collected them Saturday the guy told me there were about 80 people queuing at 11pm the night before :eek: and realistically how many people ARE travelling over????? Even if it’s up to a thousand, that leaves 7000 left. I’d rather there was no support at all.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Brilliantly said Colm :)

‘Great list byrnzie!! I cant believe people are letting the angry rants of a tiny minority make them think they will be racially abused. England and scotland fans play rugby matches in dublin every 2 years and their fans walk around in their countries jerseys and there is nothing but a good atmosphere and friendly banter. If a competive rugby match does not bring racial hatred then i dont think a pearl jam concert will!!!’

Anyway there are fucking assholes everywhere. I somehow doubt any of those who were bitching are old enough to be allowed go to the gig anyway. Besides, any proper fan ;) would have done absolutely everything to ensure they got tickets. Mine are safely locked away – when I collected them Saturday the guy told me there were about 80 people queuing at 11pm the night before :eek: and realistically how many people ARE travelling over????? Even if it’s up to a thousand, that leaves 7000 left. I’d rather there was no support at all.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    :rolleyes: why cant it just say it posted?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Ooo... triple post extraveganza! :p:D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    personal preference would be for the rollins band. they've reformed and are touring in august but no announcement as to locations...

so looking forward to dublin. i've never been to ireland before but shall surely enjoy the company of celtic bretheren and all others too!

Christ that would be ace - Henry is one sexy man! That smile, that neck - and not much taller than me!!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    :cool:

thanks Chime

its only £10 for 50 badges which is pretty good... i'll get 50 done but if anyone else wants the artwork sent to them to get more then i'll send it to them but i think 50 will be ample....wont it?

badges go on sale to astorians on Monday 1st May 2006... presale password is "AstoriaCrewRocked"... badges go on general release on August 22nd to ebay scalpers only.... sweet ;););)

Count my order as placed in the Astoria pre-sale ;)

btw "AstoriaCrewRocked"
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • rock_goddessrock_goddess Posts: 970
    Chime wrote:
    Count my order as placed in the Astoria pre-sale ;)

btw "AstoriaCrewRocked"

Count me in for two badges aswell!!
    *Fellow astorian*

20/4/06 Astoria
    23/8/06 Dublin

http://www.myspace.com/rockgoddess1318
  • nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    i need a ticket.................... :(
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • akuzedakuzed Posts: 63
    Keithos wrote:
    I thought it was 'Akuzed - England'.... seeing as we're all 'akuzed' of stealing the tickets???
    Byrnzie wrote:
    No, Akuzed's genuine. Irish Al's the one. Just my daft way of amusing myself.

What have I done? :D
    Astoria - April 20th 2006
    Dublin - August 23rd 2006
    Reading - August 27th 2006
    Wembley - June 18th 2007
    Jennytree wrote:
    Ooo... triple post extraveganza! :p:D

:D

I hate this fucking computer :(

Ya know, until today I actually thought the education system in Ireland was quite good :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I'm really upset to read all the prejudiced posts about the Dublin gig - especially those about us English taking all the tickets! I love Ireland - my great grandparents moved over to Newcastle from Ireland (Cork) and I've been brought up by my dad and uncle on stories of Irelands past! I just got back from Cork last night and the people are just so fantastic, so much more relaxed and friendly than half the people I meet here! I'm getting married there next year - and spending most of my summer this year over there (any Irish PJ fans who fancy a drink during the first two weeks in August - let me know - gonna be in Cork, Clare, Kerry, Galway, Donegal and Dublin!)
    I have never heard any comments from any Irish man or woman (except from Americans who think they're Irish!!!) against the English til today - you always get small minded ignorant muppets wherever you go I guess! I'm so looking forward to the show and I'm sure 99.9% of the Irish fans are chuffed we're going over for a visit!

Sorry - rant over!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

Hey dunkman - can I order 2 badges too?!?!?

I've had a thought - I remember a few people mentioned the fact that we should have got tshirts made for the Astoria gig - I might know someone who could make us professional tshirts up with whatever we wanted on em - I dunno - Astoria Crew in Dublin - or whatever! We're huge fans of the Newcastle Vipers and the guy who makes their shirts and the merch is a local bloke and fan who I can contact via the forum - might be able to get him produce us something - if enough of us wanted em and at a cost of say a tenner! Let me know your thoughts and I'll pm him via the hockey forum!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

I agree that the UK and others contigent will be a very small part of the Dublin crowd... every nation has its arseheads and unfortunately they tend to shout louder than most other people...so their derisive comments of hate usually rise to the top... but nobody should be even slightly concerned about coming to Dublin... it'll be safe :)

I dont think anyone is seriously thinking about racial taunting or anything as juvenile as that when we are there... there was a lot of anger on here on Saturday morning... directed mainly at English fans for some reason, and yet 96% of these "english" fans already had their tickets through the 10club pre-sale... so fuck knows what the gripe was about :)

thats my last comment on the issue, it was anger on the part of a very tiny minority of otherwise fantastic Irish fans on here... i'm not personally worried in the slightest about travelling to Dublin.. the Irish fans on this thread/forum have already stated their embarrassment at some of the comments...

Its going to be a fucking great time and we will all get along brilliantly... looking forward to it immensely :)
  • newagehippienewagehippie Posts: 749
    I agree that the UK and others contigent will be a very small part of the Dublin crowd... every nation has its arseheads and unfortunately they tend to shout louder than most other people...so their derisive comments of hate usually rise to the top... but nobody should be even slightly concerned about coming to Dublin... it'll be safe :)

I dont think anyone is seriously thinking about racial taunting or anything as juvenile as that when we are there... there was a lot of anger on here on Saturday morning... directed mainly at English fans for some reason, and yet 96% of these "english" fans already had their tickets through the 10club pre-sale... so fuck knows what the gripe was about :)

thats my last comment on the issue, it was anger on the part of a very tiny minority of otherwise fantastic Irish fans on here... i'm not personally worried in the slightest about travelling to Dublin.. the Irish fans on this thread/forum have already stated their embarrassment at some of the comments...

Its going to be a fucking great time and we will all get along brilliantly... looking forward to it immensely :)

Very well said........
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Can't think of a better venue... two days in Dublin, spiritual home of the great man, full of PJ fans, alcohol and a guaranteed great gig... bring it on!! :D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    AND ANOTHER THING: The comments in question were posted on the porch :rolleyes: . Since when do they speak for the average fan? Or for the average person from a certain country? If you post on the porch you are obligated to complain as much as possible about absolutely anything and the more obsure the complaint the better. So yas can all relax, end of story... :)

I didn't invite you all to my house so I could attack 8000 of yas :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Has "THAT" thread been deleted? Can't see it now! Hope it has! Roll on Dublin!!!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

AND ANOTHER THING: The comments in question were posted on the porch :rolleyes:

wtf you doing on here on a non-work day :p

thing was... i read comments about people comparing it to 800 years of british rule ... i mean, for fuck sake... its a rock band playing a gig....

there is no comparison... "stealing" tickets for a PJ gig is far worse a sin :)
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Yeah... can we close this subject and get on with celebrating the new album??! :D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...