Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • niknik Posts: 262
    Glorified wrote:
    Looks like me and my mum are going to be staying there too, It doesn't look like there's anything closer to The Point.
    I'm actually kinda worried about going, now :( My mum bought me tickets from the pre sale, which are supposed to be my b'day present. But now, the some of the Irish are a bit pissed that others got tickets. Plus, I'm only 17 and I obviously havn't been a fan as long as some of you - but I love PJ just the same! I really do!

Oh, bugger...
    Just be excited you're going to see Pearl Jam and meet some really cool people...I'm taking my 13 and 15 year old daughters and I'm not concerned at all about takin them...As for how long you've been a fan doesn't matter you are the next generation of fans who can spread the PJ love a little further.
    "I know someday you'll have a beautiful life...I know you'll be a star"
    Astoria 20-4-06 (when pj rocked)

Dublin 2006....Alive,Black,RVM,Leash...awesome)

*Astoria Crew*

www.pearljam70.piczo.com- for some delicious pics of Eddie
    http://www.myspace.com/pjrocks4ever

Nik = Nicki (female)
  • Glorified wrote:
    I'm only 17 and I obviously havn't been a fan as long as some of you - but I love PJ just the same! I really do!

I've only been a fan for like a year and a half so don't worry! I still love them!!
    *Fellow astorian*

20/4/06 Astoria
    23/8/06 Dublin

http://www.myspace.com/rockgoddess1318
  • siochansiochan Posts: 304
    I feel as if people are taking the reactions of some emotional responses made by those unlucky to get tickets a bit too far......I understand that some of things said were irrational and over the top .... I can remain calm about the situation as I was lucky to get tickets.... however I don't think there is cause for alarm ..... personally I thought it a bit humorous seeing the instant reaction of the irish crew blaming the english ( not the scots welsh or any other europeans --- it was all the fault of the english - you english fans may make sure they don't make the GPO their meeting point for rebellion against invasion - lol)

The atmosphere in Dublin a few days previous and after the gig will be pretty cool as fans arrive and depart from the various places all over the city - I have yet to go to a gig in Dublin that has not had this atmosphere and especially the Pearl Jam gigs !!!
    There is no need for concern about safety just because you are coming from elsewhere to Dublin for a concert. Of course Dublin is like any city with it's inherent dangers which I assume most are aware of.

SO let's all put the handbags away and concentrate on having fun and sharing a great experience!!!
    " You cannot throw a rope around the neck of an idea" .....Bobby Sands.
  • siochan wrote:
    SO let's all put the handbags away and concentrate on having fun and sharing a great experience!!![/quote/]

Agreed!
    *Fellow astorian*

20/4/06 Astoria
    23/8/06 Dublin

• JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    Glorified wrote:
    Looks like me and my mum are going to be staying there too, It doesn't look like there's anything closer to The Point.
    I'm actually kinda worried about going, now :( My mum bought me tickets from the pre sale, which are supposed to be my b'day present. But now, the some of the Irish are a bit pissed that others got tickets. Plus, I'm only 17 and I obviously havn't been a fan as long as some of you - but I love PJ just the same! I really do!

Oh, bugger...

im from Dublin - that hotel is a 5 minute stroll throw from the point! i wouldnt worry about not having anywhere closer! any closer youd be staying in the point! enjoy the show, sure lots of dubliners (like me! haha) are pissed bout not getting tickets but lots of ppl in all countries must be pissed that pearl jam arent even playing there so it could be worse (norway, sweden, scotland, wales, poland, slovenia, finland, denmark, slovakia, etc etc etc). if you have to see them somewhere might as well come 2 dub 2 do it!
  • playa3playa3 Posts: 27
    ok so i may as well post this here too. anyone willing to swap me a standing ticket for my seated one, or know of anyone looking to do this?vjust missed out by 1 ticket to getting a standing one, with my two friends gettin standing ones. i suppose at least i have one
  • CregserCregser Posts: 11
    Glorified wrote:
    You really should not be worried. The Point is a straight 10-15 minute walk down the river from the Custom House with 8,500 PJ fans to share the experience with.

I wish I was going. I've been a fan for around 8 years, I missed out last time, but I won't pay €300-400 for a ticket out of principle. I'd rather travel across Europe with that money and see them somewhere else - plus the Point is a sweat box. ;)
    ---
    Pearl Jam! Come back to Ireland!!
  • Im going! Cant wait!
    Becoming a Star will become your Doom.
  • Binaural wrote:
    Don't worry about it, you deserve a ticket as much as anyone else, some people are just lashing out out of frustration. The Point isn't that far away, you shouldnt have any trouble with travel at all.

PEACE

Are there a lot of fans coming over from England? Sorry i dont have time to read 100 pages....
    Are there a lot of fans coming over from England? Sorry i dont have time to read 100 pages....
    yes, not just england though

scandinavia, rest of europe, canada, scoooootland etc
  • duggro wrote:

scandinavia, rest of europe, canada, scoooootland etc

Oh dear... looks like my dreams of front row are out the window. Oh well, i'm too old now anyway :(
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Cregser wrote:
    You really should not be worried. The Point is a straight 10-15 minute walk down the river from the Custom House with 8,500 PJ fans to share the experience with.

I wish I was going. I've been a fan for around 8 years, I missed out last time, but I won't pay €300-400 for a ticket out of principle. I'd rather travel across Europe with that money and see them somewhere else - plus the Point is a sweat box. ;)

I've had a look on e-bay and tickets don't appear to be going for that much - about £150. They were 150 euro's for two anyway from the fanclub so it's not too bad. Just keep a look out. There's 4 months to go yet.
  • londonrockslondonrocks Posts: 177
    duggro wrote:
    canada
    I'm not sure canada has much to complain about after pj had a whole tour of their country last year, and they have a couple of gigs this tour.
    I'm not sure canada has much to complain about after pj had a whole tour of their country last year, and they have a couple of gigs this tour.
    sorry, but what you babbling about?

no canadian has complained about anything as far as im aware
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046

Quite a lot, plus quite a few from all over America and Europe. It's gonna be a great show.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • londonrockslondonrocks Posts: 177
    duggro wrote:
    sorry, but what you babbling about?

no canadian has complained about anything as far as im aware
    I misread the post, ignore me! My apologies to the lovely Cannucks :)
  • I know it's still about 4 months away but i'm getting really excited already!!!
    *Fellow astorian*

20/4/06 Astoria
    23/8/06 Dublin

I know it's still about 4 months away but i'm getting really excited already!!!

Yeeeaahhh, It will be the nuts!! I'm gonna begin reaquainting myself with the black stuff a.s.a.p!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Yeeeaahhh, It will be the nuts!! I'm gonna begin reaquainting myself with the black stuff a.s.a.p!

wow.... you eat tar as well matey.... awesome stuff :cool: ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    wow.... you eat tar as well matey.... awesome stuff :cool: ;)

Only on Wednesdays!
  • Who do u think the support band will be for the gig?
    *Fellow astorian*

20/4/06 Astoria
    23/8/06 Dublin

Wolfmother... i have a feeling on this one ;)

I personally recommended them when speaking to some strangers at the Astoria gig ... it would be amazing if they played :)

my preference would be Kings of Leon... but i dont think it'll happen... if it does that would be just... fantastic :cool:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Wolfmother... i have a feeling on this one ;)

I personally recommended them when speaking to some strangers at the Astoria gig ... it would be amazing if they played :)

my preference would be Kings of Leon... but i dont think it'll happen... if it does that would be just... fantastic :cool:

I thought they were gonna tour with Tom Petty for some of the tour and Sonic Youth during another part? The Kings Of Leon would be good though.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I thought they were gonna tour with Tom Petty for some of the tour and Sonic Youth during another part?

US leg only for the above mentioned... Kings of Leon already confirmed for the non-confirmed Aus and NZ leg of the tour...

I have a feeling on Wolfmother... riff-tastic!!!
    US leg only for the above mentioned... Kings of Leon already confirmed for the non-confirmed Aus and NZ leg of the tour...

I have a feeling on Wolfmother... riff-tastic!!!

I've never heard Wolfmother. I'll have to check em out.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I've never heard Wolfmother. I'll have to check em out.

they have a myspace site with 3 or 4 songs streaming... Dimension is their single

I, personally think they are great... Kings Of Leon mixed with White Stripes... :confused:

very good trio from Australia... give them a try if you become bored enough!

night fellow Dubliners :)
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    I thought they were gonna tour with Tom Petty for some of the tour and Sonic Youth during another part? The Kings Of Leon would be good though.

personal preference would be for the rollins band. they've reformed and are touring in august but no announcement as to locations...

so looking forward to dublin. i've never been to ireland before but shall surely enjoy the company of celtic bretheren and all others too!
    ~cardiff, wales, 2000~
    ~dublin, ireland, 2006~
    ~london, england 2007~
    ~manchester, england~

~caerdydd, cymru~
    http://www.myspace.com/nothingthreedays
    I misread the post, ignore me! My apologies to the lovely Cannucks :)
    no worries

everyone loves canadians, especially ones called bubbles who live in trailer parks
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    I, personally think they are great... Kings Of Leon mixed with White Stripes... :confused:

Waaaaay off Dunk, the two influences and styles that jump out from Wolfmother are Black Sabbath (ala the music) and Led Zepplin (ala the vocals), seriously I am 100% positive that these two bands are their biggest influences. You ever caught them live? I saw a peformance on tv on saturday night, was great, they played Dimension and did an improv halfway through. They are a great band and we'd be damned lucky to get them as a support band, that said KOL or Sonic Youth would float my boat too.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07