Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    foxymop79 wrote:
    Wow - we're twins - I spew words too and no-one understands a fecking thing I say!

what? :confused: ..... anyone translate this?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095

i've learned that the number 3 in IrishAls world is pronounced "TREE"... and an actual tree is also pronounced "TREE"

so "tree trees" wasnt him repeating himself it meant "3 trees" :confused:

also "brudda" is brother... :cool:

So dunk finally learns to speak properly :)

I'm sooooooooooooo proud :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    thats cool... i had a couple of blank stares though...

i have a lot (of shite) to say, ergo, i try and speak fast... i've always admired how Ed and Jim morrison speak... slow and calculated... whereas i just vomit words :)

i understood everyone else ok i think.... Al was using the best frickin slang Irish words

i've learned that the number 3 in IrishAls world is pronounced "TREE"... and an actual tree is also pronounced "TREE"

so "tree trees" wasnt him repeating himself it meant "3 trees" :confused:

also "brudda" is brother... :cool:

lol. :D one time though you and Al were talking behind my back. (lol. and by this I mean that you were actually and physically behind my back. :p) and I heard some of it and.. :confused: you guys were using a fecking different language! :D lol. but it sounded great though. :D:D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    eMMI wrote:
    lol. :D one time though you and Al were talking behind my back. (lol. and by this I mean that you were actually and physically behind my back. :p) and I heard some of it and.. :confused: you guys were using a fecking different language! :D lol. but it sounded great though. :D:D

Al is like a brudda to me ;):)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    What he's large and round and wears an orange robe? Do people rub his tummy for good luck?!

;)
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Thought I'd post the Dublin links on here aswell. They're not very good, but the part where you can hear Al shouting next to me is quite funny...

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...6037176 61906

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...50836184259437

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...53633172180887

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...3192511 13967

shite, why am I not home right now?! :eek: can't watch the clips right now cause I'm at the library but will do that as soon as I can. thanks for posting them! :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Byrnzie wrote:

Ahahaa... the shouting is hilarious! You must've been right behind me... scary!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • This seems as good a place as any to ask this question:

I finally got around to joining 10C upon our return from Dublin (Yes, I know!).

Does anyone know how long it takes them to process your membership? I haven't even had a confirmation email that I thought I might, though if I log into the site, the order is there in my profile.

any thoughts?
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    This seems as good a place as any to ask this question:

I finally got around to joining 10C upon our return from Dublin (Yes, I know!).

Does anyone know how long it takes them to process your membership? I haven't even had a confirmation email that I thought I might, though if I log into the site, the order is there in my profile.

any thoughts?

Think it took about a week for me, although I can't really remember. It was a long time ago. :o My memory is not what it once was :D

Why oh why oh why is Dublin not up yet!!!!! :mad: :mad: :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles

I'm feckin' going mad, cos I'm dying to hear it! Get a bleedin' move on... its been nearly a week!!!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Think it took about a week for me, although I can't really remember. It was a long time ago. :o My memory is not what it once was :D

Okay, thanks :) I won't start hammering on their door quite just yet then :D

Yeah....they're taking their time over putting up the Dublin show. I'm looking forward to hearing it. Hoping it might help me remember some of the show, the whole night is something of a blur right now.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
    genuinely.... whats peoples thoughts on a 2007 mini Uk & Scandanavia tour then??

i think i might save up all my xmas money and everything... sell hair clippings to unsuspecting Japanese tourists... the lot!!! if they did 4 or 5 uk shows... i'd have to go to them all :D:D
    Okay, thanks :) I won't start hammering on their door quite just yet then :D

Yeah....they're taking their time over putting up the Dublin show. I'm looking forward to hearing it. Hoping it might help me remember some of the show, the whole night is something of a blur right now.

I'm desperate to hear the Dublin and leeds shows again! A bit gutted with the Reading one last night - it looked amazing! Wish I had bothered to go down!

xxx
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

genuinely.... whats peoples thoughts on a 2007 mini Uk & Scandanavia tour then??

i think i might save up all my xmas money and everything... sell hair clippings to unsuspecting Japanese tourists... the lot!!! if they did 4 or 5 uk shows... i'd have to go to them all :D:D

genuinely? I'm really hoping it'll happen. :o

lol. if not Scandinavia then at least UK cause I promised Rita that I'd go to England to see her someday. not that I'd need PJ to use as an excuse though. :)
    also I owe you a pint Dunky. :rolleyes: :D:p

I'm praying! But knowing my luck it'll be one gig and on my wedding day! IF it was I think I'd leave David standing at the alter!

However, next year is gonna be tight financially for us - so I may get dissapointed!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

eMMI wrote:
    also I owe you a pint Dunky. :rolleyes: :D:p

a pint... singular????? ;):D
  • foxymop79 wrote:
    I'm desperate to hear the Dublin and leeds shows again! A bit gutted with the Reading one last night - it looked amazing! Wish I had bothered to go down!

xxx

Yeah, Reading looked like a fairly special show. I'm still glad we chose Dublin, even after the unfortunate events of the night, rather than the festivals though.

My festivaling days are behind me I think, at least camping at a festival certainly is.

I still wish that they'd never cancelled their Glastonbury headline slot in 1994....that would have been a very special show.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
    a pint... singular????? ;):D

yes!

:rolleyes: jeez! :p;):D
    foxymop79 wrote:

xxx

me too... if it hadnt been such a tight year for us financially i would have done both... but holidays, cars, ellie starting school last week, etc... it was not to be

i did Astoria and Dublin though and after waiting 9 or 10 years for them to play i cant complain... i can be envious of others who went to both leeds and reading and wish alopecia upon them... but i cant complain :)
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

It's possible. But then they might be a bit knackered by January, and may be looking to have a rest. But who knows? :confused:
    eMMI wrote:
    yes!

:rolleyes: jeez! :p;):D

well i dont want it...
  • genuinely.... whats peoples thoughts on a 2007 mini Uk & Scandanavia tour then??

I think there's a remote chance that it could happen.

A few months ago, there were plenty of rumours pointing to a Spring European tour in 2007.

I doubt it'd be a huge tour, UK shows would probably be limited to London and Glasgow at a guess.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018

I doubt it'd be a huge tour, UK shows would probably be limited to London and Glasgow at a guess.

even as a guess i'd take that... but i think they'd do glasgow, manchester, london as a bare minumum... maybe a Cardiff thrown in there, but 3 would be excellent...

its all wishful thinking at the moment i suppose :(

I'd fuckin' love it!

Spent the weekend in England, and it wasn't half as bad as I thought it'd be! There's actually some nice people there!!! :P

I was also reading the Pearl Jam recommendation in the Ryanair magazine on the way home!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Yeah, Reading looked like a fairly special show. I'm still glad we chose Dublin, even after the unfortunate events of the night, rather than the festivals though.

My festivaling days are behind me I think, at least camping at a festival certainly is.

I still wish that they'd never cancelled their Glastonbury headline slot in 1994....that would have been a very special show.

What unfortunate events of the night? Have I missed something?

My festival days are long gone too = can't be doing the camping or the toilets! We went for one day and I was TOTALLY fed up by the time Pearl Jam came on (soon forgot it though!)

I shouldn't complain - 3 times in one year, more than in the last 15 years! And one of them Astoria! We are so blessed!

xxx
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• even as a guess i'd take that... but i think they'd do glasgow, manchester, london as a bare minumum... maybe a Cardiff thrown in there, but 3 would be excellent...

It's be great if they came back to Cardiff but I think they may be more likely to do somewhere like Birmingham as that wasn't even on the 2000 tour.

I think you're right though, Manchester, Glasgow and London would be on there for sure.

I think the reception at the festivals and the speediness of the Dublin sell out have proved that there's more than enough demand for them over here now, much more so than in 2000 which gives them more of a reason to come back :)

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    even as a guess i'd take that... but i think they'd do glasgow, manchester, london as a bare minumum... maybe a Cardiff thrown in there, but 3 would be excellent...

As long as they don't play Wembley arena because it's shit. I'd rather see them do 2 or 3 nights at the Brixton Academy instead.
  • foxymop79 wrote:
    What unfortunate events of the night? Have I missed something?

My festival days are long gone too = can't be doing the camping or the toilets! We went for one day and I was TOTALLY fed up by the time Pearl Jam came on (soon forgot it though!)

I shouldn't complain - 3 times in one year, more than in the last 15 years! And one of them Astoria! We are so blessed!

xxx

Oh, it was just personal stuff....we got a bit crushed and it wasn't that pleasant, and then it kinda put a dampner on the rest of the gig for us. Still thought PJ were excellent though :)

Yeah, I don't think anything will top the Astoria, even other PJ shows can't reach that benchmark

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018