Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    eMMI wrote:
    hello hello my lovely lovelies!!!!

you're never gonna believe what's happened to me!! :eek:
    I'm still at the f*cking Amsterdam airport cause they canceled my flight to Helsinki!!! :eek: bastards! :mad: they didn't even tell us why.. :confused:

I was so pissed off and I had to wait for like an hour to get some new flights sorted and my phone ran outta battery and I was tired and sad and and.. maybe a wee bit drunk too. :o

but now I've got half an hour on a comp and I can just think about PJ and all of you and try to be happy even though I'm gonna have to fly to Stocholm first before I can get home. :(

I had such a great time on Wednesday and I met so many beautiful beautiful beautiful people. :):):):D:D:D:D
    I can't wait to post into all the threads about Dublin!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Just be glad any flights that were canceled, were canceled AFTER the show! That's always been my fear, that something would go wrong and I wouldn't get to see the show.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • JaneNY wrote:
    Just be glad any flights that were canceled, were canceled AFTER the show! That's always been my fear, that something would go wrong and I wouldn't get to see the show.

That's what I was thinking. When I was flying from England to Dublin, the lady checking my passport really didn't want me to fly, because I have two surnames, and on my passport one of them is listed as my middle name and on my flight ticket it lists both of them as my last name. Or something like that. Then I was like one of three people who's bag got searched. Then, when I was getting on the plane, the air hostess is just letting everyone pass, until me! She takes my passport off me and asks how old I am, so I tell her I'm 17 and she's gives me a really weird look and tells me I can sit anywhere except the last row.

At least I got there! Now I'm just suffering from post show blues :( I can't wait to see them again!
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    Claire thanks for all your help with the tickets - I really really appreciate it. And sorry I didn't get to have a drink with ya.

I'm sorry Ross :(

No problem - glad I could be of service! Never doing that walk again though!

Really sorry we couldn't come for a drink after the show - David forgot to take his insulin to the show and could feel his sugars rising throughout - so it was a case of, once we met nik and co, head straight back to the hotel for his insulin! Then because they were so high he couldn't have had a drink! The banes of living with a diabetic! :(

Paid the deposit at the hotel for my postwedding party next year - I'll pm invites closer to the time - it's just a small party but would be cool if some of you lot could make it! And considering you live in Dublin I expect you to be there - and we'll finally have that drink!!! :)

xxx
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    just made it home. I will talk to all of you tommorrow and read and post, going to drink .....PEACE
    I think I owe you a pint.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    JaneNY wrote:

good point.

lol. that kinda is one of the reasons I flew in the day before though. :D

I'm still soooo tired. I just got up after finally getting home and falling asleep last night. I had so many texts to send and I still haven't sorted them all out! :rolleyes:

there's no way I'm listening to PJ just yet.. maybe tonight but am not sure. I'll probably cry or something.

AAAHHHH!! the show was so so good! they played INDIFFERENCE!! :D:D:D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    eMMI wrote:
    good point.

lol. that kinda is one of the reasons I flew in the day before though. :D

I'm still soooo tired. I just got up after finally getting home and falling asleep last night. I had so many texts to send and I still haven't sorted them all out! :rolleyes:

there's no way I'm listening to PJ just yet.. maybe tonight but am not sure. I'll probably cry or something.

AAAHHHH!! the show was so so good! they played INDIFFERENCE!! :D:D:D

eMMMMMi... you rock! Think you were a bit happy about them playing Indifference alright! :)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=E33192F468A495C7

Reading webcast... the whole show apparently :)

I've recorded the webcast as well... but this guy has beat me to putting it up for download!!

its gooooood!!! after Alive, Ed has a wee cry... it was a momentous ocassion obviously
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Jennytree wrote:
    eMMMMMi... you rock! Think you were a bit happy about them playing Indifference alright! :)

Jjjjjjeeeennnnyyyyy!!!!! need I say you rock a hell of a lot too miss?! :D

a bit happy?! it made my night! :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    foxymop79 wrote:
    No problem - glad I could be of service! Never doing that walk again though!

Really sorry we couldn't come for a drink after the show - David forgot to take his insulin to the show and could feel his sugars rising throughout - so it was a case of, once we met nik and co, head straight back to the hotel for his insulin! Then because they were so high he couldn't have had a drink! The banes of living with a diabetic! :(

Paid the deposit at the hotel for my postwedding party next year - I'll pm invites closer to the time - it's just a small party but would be cool if some of you lot could make it! And considering you live in Dublin I expect you to be there - and we'll finally have that drink!!! :)

xxx

Well, how the fuck could I say no????? Let me know the date and I'll clear my oh so full diary :) . You were a great help though. I will never ever buy extra tickets again :o as it made the day a little more stressful than it should be :eek: I was just glad to get rid of them. At that stage I didn't even care if anyone got them or if I saw any money for them - they were out of my hands :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140

I've recorded the webcast as well... but this guy has beat me to putting it up for download!!

its gooooood!!! after Alive, Ed has a wee cry... it was a momentous ocassion obviously

The download limit on that file has been reached (unsurprisingly) I would be grateful if you good upload yours somewhere, then maybe someone can torrent it and the whole world will see your work, you could layer it with subliminal messages and convince the world you are Eddie Vedder!
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341

Saw his 'moist' eyes! Guess he was happy all went well (ie no 'accidents'). I'm being a bit naughty using my sister's computer without permission (well... she's in Italy and her computer is in Brussels :D. I hope the webcast dowload will still be available next week!
    Chumfatty wrote:
    The download limit on that file has been reached (unsurprisingly) I would be grateful if you good upload yours somewhere, then maybe someone can torrent it and the whole world will see your work, you could layer it with subliminal messages and convince the world you are Eddie Vedder!

I've got it!!!! i checked it out this morning and i have the full webcast and its 283mb or something

I might torrent it later on tonight... if i can work out how to do it!!!

might be worth checking out other threads though as i think someone has made a DVD copy of it (i have a DVD version as well :o ... but i cant copy DVD's ) and it will be far superior quality :cool:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    redrock wrote:
    I hope the webcast dowload will still be available next week!

It should still be going I reckon. If not, I have the main set I'll be willing to upload if people are stuck! I really want the encores though!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • dbkdbk Posts: 304
    just remembered this last night
    anyone see the girl in pj shirt fall like a sack of spuds near the gates after the show
    OUCH!!!
    like a book amongst the many on a shelf.......

Finsbury Park 93, Wembley 00, Astoria 06,
    Dublin 06, Reading 06, Wembley 07....
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    dbk wrote:
    anyone see the girl in pj shirt fall like a sack of spuds near the gates after the show
    OUCH!!!

Yeah... twice I think.... :eek:
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • dbkdbk Posts: 304
    UKDave wrote:
    Yeah... twice I think.... :eek:

jeez, twice
    looked pretty painful
    like a book amongst the many on a shelf.......

Finsbury Park 93, Wembley 00, Astoria 06,
    Dublin 06, Reading 06, Wembley 07....
    dbk wrote:
    OUCH!!!

man that was both frightening and sad... mrs dunk was concerned for her... she couldnt stand up!!!

she looked young, so i have to think this was her first show.... she'll not remember a fucking second of it either!!!! :( dumb cow
    man that was both frightening and sad... mrs dunk was concerned for her... she couldnt stand up!!!

she looked young, so i have to think this was her first show.... she'll not remember a fucking second of it either!!!! :( dumb cow

I was going to feel sorry for her if she just got rushed and fainted... but if she got fuckin' wasted then no sympathy for her!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Dave, emmi and Al... got your texts, but my phone has no money in it :o

i fucking wish i'd went to Leeds or Reading now... i went to another country to watch them but didnt drive down the road :confused:... eejit i am!!!

glad i got all the webcast last night though!!! and BBC3 coverage was brilliant :):)
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    Well, how the fuck could I say no????? Let me know the date and I'll clear my oh so full diary :) . You were a great help though. I will never ever buy extra tickets again :o as it made the day a little more stressful than it should be :eek: I was just glad to get rid of them. At that stage I didn't even care if anyone got them or if I saw any money for them - they were out of my hands :D

I know the feeling when you have extra tix - Davids mother bought too many Leeds festival ones and was in danger of losing £300 and we had a hectic few days trying to find buyers! It's not worth the hassle sometimes!

I'm fecking knacked - stayed up til 3am to make sure I didn't miss any extra Pearl Jam songs and they only aired Alive after the initial hour! PIssed off! If anyone has the full download on dvd would love a copy! :)

I'm meant to be doing school work - again! Have done feck all this holiday and go back on Monday! Still bouncing of my GCSE results - thought they were gonna do crap as only had one lesson a week, last lesson on a Friday, to complete the course and we lost half of the lessons due to last days, trips out etc. I got 80% A*-C pass rate! Highest in the school! Totally chuffed! But now need to start planning for next year - and don't want to. I want to go shopping, or lie in bed and listen to PJ! Argh!

xxxx
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*

i fucking wish i'd went to Leeds or Reading now... i went to another country to watch them but didnt drive down the road :confused:... eejit i am!!!

glad i got all the webcast last night though!!! and BBC3 coverage was brilliant :):)

Reading dunk.... fucking legendary... ;):D:D need a boot and a DVD.... !!!
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Jennytree wrote:
    I was going to feel sorry for her if she just got rushed and fainted... but if she got fuckin' wasted then no sympathy for her!

she was fuckin hammered.... couldnt stand up!!!

the medical team looked at her when she fell the first time in the car-park... and they let her go!!!! she couldnt stand-up!!

fucking annoying considering that some people didnt get tickets to this show, and one person decides to get so hammered she cant see the fucking stage :rolleyes:
    UKDave wrote:
    Reading dunk.... fucking legendary... ;):D:D need a boot and a DVD.... !!!

brilliant :D :cool:

i have the DVD from BBC3 :cool: and the fucking webcast :rolleyes:

obsessed mucho... i just wanted to make sure i had it as i've never recorded a webcast before... now i can :):):)
    she was fuckin hammered.... couldnt stand up!!!

the medical team looked at her when she fell the first time in the car-park... and they let her go!!!! she couldnt stand-up!!

fucking annoying considering that some people didnt get tickets to this show, and one person decides to get so hammered she cant see the fucking stage :rolleyes:

She definitely deserved it so! I reckon everyone else that was there was very happy and appreciative to be there!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    brilliant :D :cool:

i have the DVD from BBC3 :cool: and the fucking webcast :rolleyes:

obsessed mucho... i just wanted to make sure i had it as i've never recorded a webcast before... now i can :):):)

Can you supply.......? ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12

alrighty Dunk. :)
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I've got it!!!! i checked it out this morning and i have the full webcast and its 283mb or something

I might torrent it later on tonight... if i can work out how to do it!!!

might be worth checking out other threads though as i think someone has made a DVD copy of it (i have a DVD version as well :o ... but i cant copy DVD's ) and it will be far superior quality :cool:

Count me in buddy! I wanna see this. (I was gonna call you last night Dunkman during 'Alive' but then realised I haven't stored your number but just have it as a txt message :( )
    Oh shit is that the time :eek: gotta go folks... footie this afternoon :D:D

Catch you all later ;):D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    Can you supply.......? ;)

can i put a file of othe webcast onto MSN?? its 280-odd megs.. but i could put it in there tonight and you guys could dial in and get it !!!

other than that i might have to torrent it... or i could do one of those yousendit file thingys and give you guys the address first!!!

either way i'll try and sort it out tonight and let you all know how to get it!!

i have no way of copying the DVD's or anything... Duggro on here is making a DVD version for download, but i dont know how to do that!
    can i put a file of othe webcast onto MSN?? its 280-odd megs.. but i could put it in there tonight and you guys could dial in and get it !!!

other than that i might have to torrent it... or i could do one of those yousendit file thingys and give you guys the address first!!!

either way i'll try and sort it out tonight and let you all know how to get it!!

i have no way of copying the DVD's or anything... Duggro on here is making a DVD version for download, but i dont know how to do that!

Cool :cool: don't think I'll be back until at least half seven though... right gotta go :D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12