Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Keithos wrote:
    Has anyone came across ant press reviews yet?

adam ant hasnt played for years though.... 'cept with a fake gun ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    adam ant hasnt played for years though.... 'cept with a fake gun ;)

Oops... ant = any

That wasn't a freudian slip... honest!!!
  • http://www.flickr.com/photos/fifty_foot_roman/sets/72157594250898594/

this guys photos are frickin awesome.... some of them are so crystal clear... plus you can download the full size ones from flickr :) :cool:

brilliant stuff!!!

Thanks dunkman! If you really like any of them in particular, I have the "real" full size versions (7 megapixels).. PM me if you want any and I can e-mail them to you (just not too many, they're fairly big!)
    "I don't need drugs to make my life tragic"
    manaris wrote:
    Thanks dunkman! If you really like any of them in particular, I have the "real" full size versions (7 megapixels).. PM me if you want any and I can e-mail them to you (just not too many, they're fairly big!)

many many thanks

i'll have a good look through them over the weekend and i might get 2 or 3 of the very best ones sent over to me... if thats ok? i actually want to get them blown up and possibly framed for in my office :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Hi Dunk. Thanks again for the badges and tell your wife it was nice to meet her and it's good she is still letting you post :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    hay lady's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i found an arm pic ! me n red thought ed should got them out a bit more , how ever do u recall him rolling 1 sleve up ?
    well this shows it nicely :D:D:D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fifty_foot_roman/224444173/
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    V V wrote:

i found an arm pic ! me n red thought ed should got them out a bit more , how ever do u recall him rolling 1 sleve up ?

:D:D:D Not long until we get to see him again.

Will be watching the BBC coverage tonight. Do you think they will focus more on one venue?
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    :D:D Hello!!

It was so nice to meet all you guys again!! Such a great night!!
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    V V wrote:

Arm pic - yey!!!! :D:D: I was really hoping he would roll up the other one! :D
    A post on from soonforgotten2 (on another thread):

"I'm in Dublin and I'm not at the show. I am so megapissed off over this, words cannot explain."

He never made it in....:(
    redrock wrote:

"I'm in Dublin and I'm not at the show. I am so megapissed off over this, words cannot explain."

Shit!! :( :( Oh god I feel so sorry for him :(

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    redrock wrote:

I thought he'd sorted out a ticket??
    He did. Don't know if you noticed a lone guy with dark hair and a green T-shirt hanging around the 10C ticket window... that was him. I think he sorted a ticket 'with' someone else and that someone else may not have shown up! Whatever the reason, I feel really bad for him. I think we were all really happy when he said he got a ticket! A real shame.
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    thanks so much guys for a brilliant time
    thanks to my road trip buddies too! :D
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
    Buru wrote:
    thanks so much guys for a brilliant time
    thanks to my road trip buddies too! :D

Hey Marina!! :D:D You back home now? It was nice to meet ya :D

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Hey Marina!! :D:D You back home now? It was nice to meet ya :D

no, no
    Im in shilton, will be going to Reading ana a couple more shows! :D

VV, have to phone you tomoroow!

So Ill still be seeing some of you guys
    :)
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
    Buru wrote:
    no, no

yes thats cool , i will double check with the boss on times :)

i just got some lovely pics of stick n swede sent through :D:D:D
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    Buru wrote:
    no, no

Cool! Reading should be a very good set, plus lots of Dublin people going too, so atmosphere will be good.

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557

i got a good watch of Dave just before Boys Back in Town came on.... he was looking all knackered and stuff and then boom... that riff comes in and Dave just went feckin mental... :D :cool:

:o:D:D:D :cool:
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    Keith - where are your pics???? :D
    Go, Animal, Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, Hail Hail, Severed Hand, Given To Fly, Green Disease, Even Flow, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Insignificance, Daughter(It's Ok), Lukin, Whipping, Not For You, State Of Love And Trust, Black, Porch

Encore 1 Why Go, Do The Evolution, Life Wasted, Alive, Rockin' In The Free World

now thats a fuckin setlist and a half :)
    some of us at the temple bar meet-up

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76048782@N00/sets/72157594251785852/

and some (poor) ones of the gig itself .. check out the one of the point itself as i was totally excited that it had a Yield sign outside it :cool:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76048782@N00/sets/72157594251785402/
    Go, Animal, Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, Hail Hail, Severed Hand, Given To Fly, Green Disease, Even Flow, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Insignificance, Daughter(It's Ok), Lukin, Whipping, Not For You, State Of Love And Trust, Black, Porch

Encore 1 Why Go, Do The Evolution, Life Wasted, Alive, Rockin' In The Free World

now thats a fuckin setlist and a half :)

yep , Al's msg's were fun , i think he quiet liked it !!! LOL
    Morning all! Thanks for the pics Dunk! From tomorrow, I will be in Belgium so not able to get to the board (except for a little peek on Tuesday or Wednesday morning before the gig in Antwerp!). I'm gonna have withdrawal symptoms!
    have a great time over there! we will miss you :)

but looking forward to your show stories :D
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    hello hello my lovely lovelies!!!!

you're never gonna believe what's happened to me!! :eek:
    I'm still at the f*cking Amsterdam airport cause they canceled my flight to Helsinki!!! :eek: bastards! :mad: they didn't even tell us why.. :confused:

I was so pissed off and I had to wait for like an hour to get some new flights sorted and my phone ran outta battery and I was tired and sad and and.. maybe a wee bit drunk too. :o

but now I've got half an hour on a comp and I can just think about PJ and all of you and try to be happy even though I'm gonna have to fly to Stocholm first before I can get home. :(

I had such a great time on Wednesday and I met so many beautiful beautiful beautiful people. :):):):D:D:D:D
    I can't wait to post into all the threads about Dublin!!!! :D:D:D:D:D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    oh and by the way.. as you might or might not know I forgot my camera home.. soo.. any pics you guys might have I really really wanna see them. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    I'm reading the Leeds fan reviews... very pissed off I wasn't there :(
    Keithos wrote:
    I'm reading the Leeds fan reviews... very pissed off I wasn't there :(

me too chief... :mad:

that to me appears to be a better setlist... shorter and stuff... but more of the songs i'm into.. fucking Whipping and Hail Hail.... Not for YOU!!!

looking forward to watching them on telly tomorrow night... they played the Franz Ferdinand set in its entirety last night on BBC3... heres hoping they do the same for PJ :):):)
    hello !

hay Dunk i just looked at the Leeds pics , do u think Ed is whereing one of ya badges ??? really hard to tell but the top one is kinda yellowish light in colour ????

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/leeds/2006/photos-PearlJam2.shtml