Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Well I'll be long in the queue before you land :D

really!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: why???????????????
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    really!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: why???????????????

Cos I wanna be :)

I'm getting in the queue really really early, dunno why, just cos I suppose!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Hi I'm new to the board (kinda, been lurking for a while) and Dublin will be my first PJ show :)

I can't believe theres another two months to wait... :(

erm...okay... you realise you'll have to leave the queue to get your wristband... or are you holding places for someone ;)

oh well... just one more person for dunkie to barge through on the way to the front then ;)

i think there is only about 200-300 of us tenclubbers so we should all get in pretty close anyway... i dont think i could be arsed queueing all day just to get 37 centimetres closer than the person in front of me.... weirdo :p
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Hi I'm new to the board (kinda, been lurking for a while) and Dublin will be my first PJ show :)

heya welcome :) I know, it sounds much better as 10 weeks :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    erm...okay... you realise you'll have to leave the queue to get your wristband... or are you holding places for someone ;)

oh well... just one more person for dunkie to barge through on the way to the front then ;)

i think there is only about 200-300 of us tenclubbers so we should all get in pretty close anyway... i dont think i could be arsed queueing all day just to get 37 centimetres closer than the person in front of me.... weirdo :p
    How far back were you at the Astoria? Now stop arguing with everything I say - if I wanna be in the queue all day well that's where I'll be :) . Nobody really knows how the whole wristband thing works anyway.

And you just fucking TRY it!!!!!! ;)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • LoDoubleULoDoubleU Posts: 80
    10 weeks will fly by!!!! :D:D:D:D

Im SO excited, me & V were talking about it earlier.

About early entry etc, this was in my confirmation email:
    More information on ticket distribution, Ten Club early entry times, and
    early entry location will follow in an additional email closer to the date
    of the show.
    How to be happy and true....
    Is the quest we're taking together...
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

If you've got 10club tickets then you'll be going through the doors 15 minutes before everyone else anyway.
    If anyone gets in your way, just say that it's an emergency and that your having a baby, or something.
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    fergs wrote:
    thanks for the prompt replies guys! how many 10c tickets were given out d'ya reckon, would that be the fill of the pit? How many do they let into the pit 300 or so? So many questions and only 10 weeks to go!!! :)
    what are you talking about a pit for?

its just a whole standing area isn't it?
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
    eMMI wrote:
    well, unless I'm blind Ryanair doesn't fly from Finland to Ireland AT ALL. :eek:

and no, at least I haven't been able to find any direct flights from Aer Lingus either..

I'm gonna have to really look into this.. :o :eek:
    but I'll get there. :D

I need to be off now so I'll talk to you all later, if not earlier, on Monday the least. :D:D

Try SSA airlines! I know they are now doing direct flights from Stansted to Helsinki, so they may now also be flying to Ireland.
    V V wrote:
    hummmm that doesnt give us much time in the pub b4 hand !!

our flight gets in at 8:55am !!! so breakfast , find a few of you and start queing !!!!

I'll be arriving at the pub at about 2pm, and I won't be leaving for the venue until about 5 or 6pm. Fucked if I'm standing around for 2 or 3 hours. The 10 clubbers will be near the front regardless! So we will! :D
    Oh, and by the way, I've arrived at the conclusion that ghosts don't haunt turds, despite what my dream may have lead me to believe. Just wanted to reasure you on that point in case you were scared of going to the toilet or anything.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    duggro wrote:
    what are you talking about a pit for?

its just a whole standing area isn't it?

If you look at the website

http://www.thepoint.ie/

and look up Pearl Jam there is a find my seat option and the standing area seems to have four sets of barriers across (at least that's what I think they are :confused: ) which I presume are to stop crushing so possibly 10c will be the front section. It looks like you can walk around the edge of the barriers though.

Never been to The Point so don't know what it's usual set up is.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • fergsfergs Posts: 7
    the points standing area is always divided up, usually with a closed pit (armbands only) at the front and then divided up with lateral barriers to contain the crowd and stop crushing. all since the smashing pumpkins gig when that girl died, still the scariest night of my life, still get shudders when I walk into the point :(
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    fergs wrote:
    the points standing area is always divided up, usually with a closed pit (armbands only) at the front and then divided up with lateral barriers to contain the crowd and stop crushing. all since the smashing pumpkins gig when that girl died, still the scariest night of my life, still get shudders when I walk into the point :(

The standing are has never been divided during any of the many times I have been there.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    How far back were you at the Astoria? Now stop arguing with everything I say - if I wanna be in the queue all day well that's where I'll be :) . Nobody really knows how the whole wristband thing works anyway.

And you just fucking TRY it!!!!!! ;)

You collect the wrist bands with your tickets so that will be when you are able to collect them :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Yeah there definitely appears to be something across the standing area but not quite sure what. It would be cool if they did divide it up and the 10C members got right to the front without being squashed.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    It would be cool if they did divide it up and the 10C members got right to the front without being squashed.
    yep yep yep !
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    Binaural wrote:
    The standing are has never been divided during any of the many times I have been there.

PEACE
    Same goes for me - the pit of course is always there (first come get armbands - but that will probably be the 10c section) but behind that it's just a big open space.

You can all go to the pub beforehand but I reckon I'll quite happily join the queue as early as I can.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Same goes for me - the pit of course is always there (first come get armbands - but that will probably be the 10c section) but behind that it's just a big open space.

You can all go to the pub beforehand but I reckon I'll quite happily join the queue as early as I can.

i asked 10club as i was wondering this very thing... heres the reply

No ... There will not be a barrier between the GA entrants and the fan club
    entrants. We have a professional security team who will be monitoring the
    situation.

Thanks
    10C Staff

still not sure if that means there is no barrier whatsoever or if the pit part of the Point is still open... never been so dont know!!

Hells... the tenclub emails say how the wristband thing works... have you not received your tenclub emails????? ;););)

so its the pub for us lot then ;) .... and then we can join the queue at 5pm and be 1 person behind Helen after she's been standing for 9 hours (colostomy bag time is it) ;):p

right... no more arguing with Hellsy today... *looks for someone else* :D
    The pit's been there for every single GA concert I've been to. Not sure how many it holds though so there may be other people in with the 10c people - I dunno.

Sorry, how close to the front were you at Astoria again?

Fucking crap predictions yesterday :rolleyes: again. Closest I got was my 2-0 win for Germany. Ukraine DIDN'T draw with Spain (lucky I didn't listen to Al's 'tip' about them winning :D ) and Tunisia didn't beat Saudi Arabia either :mad:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Hi I'm new to the board (kinda, been lurking for a while) and Dublin will be my first PJ show :)

I'll add you to the list of travelling circus freaks!

P.s, morning pop pickers! :D
    So is everyone watching the Game at 5pm?? Irish, Scottish, and Finnish included! :D
    Byrnzie wrote:
    So is everyone watching the Game at 5pm?? Irish, Scottish, and Finnish included! :D
    Dunno, see if I can get someone to go to the pub after work - otherwise it will be 2nd half at home only.

People are seriously driving me mental today - coming in and out constantly. Think I'm gonna be quiet around here.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Dunno, see if I can get someone to go to the pub after work - otherwise it will be 2nd half at home only.

People are seriously driving me mental today - coming in and out constantly. Think I'm gonna be quiet around here.

Yeah, I'm working till 5:30 so will miss the first half hr. Luckily the pub is opposite work so I'll be straight over there.
    Byrnzie wrote:

absolutely :)

looking forward to it and hope there are goals aplenty

Spain were awesome last night :cool:
    Sorry, how close to the front were you at Astoria again?

I was about 4 or 5 from front on Stone's side... now bear in mind I joined the queue at about 5.45pm thats pretty good going... also bear in mind the venue holds about a 1/5th or less of the point and that at the Astoria we had no special entry priviledges... again i was pretty close.... fuck at the Astoria everyone was close :)

i just think standing from before 9.00am is pointless when we get in early anyway... along with a few hundred others right enough, but the Point is a big place isnt it? The ticket box doesnt open till 12noon anyway so where are you going to queue??? do you know if there are seperate queues for 10club members or GA? what if you spend 4 hours in the wrong queue and then the 10C ticket box tells you need to go into a different entrance??

question questions
    absolutely :)

Spain were awesome last night :cool:

I heard Spain looked a bit handy up front, but then I also heard that Ukraine were shit. I reckon we'll have to wait until Spain go up against a better side to get an idea of what they're all about.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I heard Spain looked a bit handy up front, but then I also heard that Ukraine were shit. I reckon we'll have to wait until Spain go up against a better side to get an idea of what they're all about.

Yeah Ukraine were pretty poor right enough but then i dont think they could have done much about it... Spain were just so slick... up front they have 2 of Europe's most on form strikers...and both are very young still...

they dont appear to face anyone 'better' than Ukraine in their group stages though... i'd love them to win it :)
    Just to change diverge slightly, I just saw the thread on The Porch about 'Vedder on the Cover of New RollingStone' this month. Kool!!