Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Chime wrote:
    I didn't look that bad did I Dunk :o

Come on chimey, since when do we listen to dunk? :)

And no, ya didn't
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    V V wrote:
    welll in London we started queing around 4pm , and pushed in a bit cos of the buy tix on door bus. (beautiful ppl who lets us do that THANKS AGAIN ! )

so i'm thinking 2 or 3pm ! may wonder down and check it out a lil b4 !

You know, I didn't even know you were at the Astoria. I thought I'd read a post somewhere where you'd said you didn't make it. Or was that your mate? Doh! I don't remember seeing you there, but then I was a tad on the juiced side. :confused:
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Chime wrote:
    I didn't look that bad did I Dunk :o...

I thought you looked fine :o

i meant mentally aged 14 years ;) due to stress and worry
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I thought you looked fine :o

i meant mentally aged 14 years ;) due to stress and worry

Of course you did ;):p

Yeah have had enough stress today trying to get tickets I don't know if I could face it again at the venue.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Byrnzie wrote:
    You know, I didn't even know you were at the Astoria. I thought I'd read a post somewhere where you'd said you didn't make it. Or was that your mate? Doh! I don't remember seeing you there, but then I was a tad on the juiced side. :confused:

VV got in to Astoria!!!
    she bought a ticket the day of the show, a nice security guy or equivalent told a couple of persons queing that some tix would be available - and she got one!!

if i remember correctly
    :)
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
    Buru wrote:
    VV got in to Astoria!!!
    she bought a ticket the day of the show, a nice security guy or equivalent told a couple of persons queing that some tix would be available - and she got one!!

if i remember correctly

Ahhh...that VV!! :D

But seriously, I thought only Chime had managed that feat. The lucky ":@&gt;{L{+<itch!! :D
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Ahhh...that VV!! :D

But seriously, I thought only Chime had managed that feat. The lucky ":@&gt;{L{+<itch!! :D

T'was me, V V and Gossard_Is_God. The security guard who told us about the tickets said there were 50, so I'm guessing there were a few others aswell ;):p
    Buru wrote:
    VV got in to Astoria!!!

if i remember correctly
    Buru, you never answered my question. What's the story with the Argentinian national anthem? Nobody seemed to be singing - are there words?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Chime wrote:
    T'was me, V V and Gossard_Is_God. The security guard who told us about the tickets said there were 50, so I'm guessing there were a few others aswell ;):p

[size=+4]50 tickets??? Fuck!! I paid £250 quid for mine!![/size]
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Byrnzie wrote:
    50 tickets??? Fuck!! I paid £250 quid for mine!!

best £250 you ever spent though :D

except for time with that Dutch hooker who fired ping-pong balls out of her nice bits :o;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    50 tickets??? Fuck!! I paid £250 quid for mine!!

Sorry Byrnzie :o Thought everone had already heard this on the night ....

*runs and hides*
    Chime wrote:

*runs and hides*
    Yeh me too :confused:

Where has byrnzie been for the past two months? :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Chime wrote:

*runs and hides*

Hey!! You!! come back here! I did already know that there were some tickets available, but I thought/presumed that there were just a handful - as in, about 10 max. Not 50 bejeezuz!! :eek:
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Hey!! You!! come back here! I did already know that there were some tickets available, but I thought/presumed that there were just a handful - as in, about 10 max. Not 50 bejeezuz!! :eek:

*does as she's told*

Hi Byrnzie :)

I can only account for three so don't know for sure one way or the other. Already having your ticket meant you got to spend longer in the pub :) and didn't have to stand in the queue stressing about whether the security guard was winding you up and you should really go and talk to some touts :o.

I think we only asked the security guy 4 or 5 times if he was sure there were tickets on the door :D:p
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Buru, you never answered my question. What's the story with the Argentinian national anthem? Nobody seemed to be singing - are there words?

oops, sorry
    missed that question

it has a loooooong instrumental intro, which is all that got played in the match, hence no singing!
    :D
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
    Buru wrote:
    oops, sorry
    missed that question

it has a loooooong instrumental intro, which is all that got played in the match, hence no singing!
    :D
    Lol, ahhhh ok! That clears that one up :) I'm happy now.

Cos there was a HUGE Argentinian crowd... and yet no singing... I like the singing! :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

except for time with that Dutch hooker who fired ping-pong balls out of her nice bits :o;)

Whadaya mean 'except for...'? That was all I saw/fiddled with/took photo's of/proposed to on the night! Are you trying to say that there was something else going on aswell, such as some light entertainment, like a cabaret act, or some Butlins red coats doing the can-can or something?? God forbid one of my favourite bands was playing in the area! Shit, what is this message board anyway? Is this not the Thai midget ping pong ball lovers society? Shit! I thought there was a distinct lack of pure filth on here! Oh well, I'm here now, so I may aswell stick around for a bit longer! :rolleyes:
    Chime wrote:
    *does as she's told*

Hi Byrnzie :)

I can only account for three so don't know for sure one way or the other. Already having your ticket meant you got to spend longer in the pub :) and didn't have to stand in the queue stressing about whether the security guard was winding you up and you should really go and talk to some touts :o.

I think we only asked the security guy 4 or 5 times if he was sure there were tickets on the door :D:p

That is true! I would have been feeling a tad miserable and desperate if I'd turned up without a ticket, and also I may have forgotten to get drunk as my mind would have been elsewhere. So It's not so bad. And to be honest the prospect of not getting in would have played havoc with my emotions and you may have ended up spending the afternoon comforting a bitter, weeping Byrnzie outside the venue. And I wouldn't have wished that upon you. ;)
    See you're another one at there desk instead of watching the footie :o

Where are you following the first half?

I will do my usual guardian minute by minute

http://football.guardian.co.uk/worldcup2006/minbymin/0,,1788265,00.html

I prefer them for the cricket over by over but when needs must ...
    Chime wrote:
    See you're another one at there desk instead of watching the footie :o

Where are you following the first half?

I will do my usual guardian minute by minute

http://football.guardian.co.uk/worldcup2006/minbymin/0,,1788265,00.html

I prefer them for the cricket over by over but when needs must ...

I'm stuck here until 5:30pm. Bah humbug! At least the pub is directly opposite so I'll be straight over there at 5:30pm.
    I normally use bbc for the updates. I may try the Guardian though.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I'm stuck here until 5:30pm. Bah humbug! At least the pub is directly opposite so I'll be straight over there at 5:30pm.
    I normally use bbc for the updates. I may try the Guardian though.

I'm here until 5.30 too.

Think that we are then allowed to watch the game on some of the TVs at work. Might be easier than trying to get into any of the pubs round here :o

Guardian is OK. They don't have as much time for banter during the football as they do during the cricket though. think some of their cricket banter has been made into a book.

Quick search of amazon later:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/034911983X/sr=1-1/qid=1150387376/ref=sr_1_1/203-0154606-7810328?%5Fencoding=UTF8&s=books&v=glance
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Yooohooo... Chime.... stop talking football and check your PMs :)
    redrock wrote:
    Yooohooo... Chime.... stop talking football and check your PMs :)

Have replied.

Yay I'm going to the Foos tomorrow thanks to the amazing redrock :D:D:D

*dances around office*

EDIT: good job I have my own office and don't share :o
    I think it's gonna be incredible. Never been to the Underworld (well... not that one anyway :D) but I understand it's tiny! A friend went to the acoustic show at the Apollo Victoria (bigger venue) and said it was great. I'm hoping for loud foos!
    redrock wrote:
    I think it's gonna be incredible. Never been to the Underworld (well... not that one anyway :D) but I understand it's tiny! A friend went to the acoustic show at the Apollo Victoria (bigger venue) and said it was great. I'm hoping for loud foos!

The Underworld? Where Camden? If so, nice venue.

I can't believe I'm at work with Englnad playing. 10 Minutes left.

[size=+3]This sucks!!:mad:[/size]
    Byrnzie wrote:
    The Underworld? Where Camden? If so, nice venue.

I can't believe I'm at work with Englnad playing. 10 Minutes left.

[size=+3]This sucks!!:mad:[/size]

Yep Camden Underworld. I've never been either should be amazing :D

I'm off in ten minutes as well to watch the footie. See they've had a couple of yellows already.

Bye Byrnzie :)

redrock see you tomorrow ;)

EDIT: gig is now listed on their website :D

http://www.theunderworldcamden.co.uk/
    Whoops.... maybe I shouldn't have been so nice!!!! What were you saying about touts???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-x-FOO-FIGHTERS-TICKET-CAMDEN-UNDERWORLD-FRIDAY_W0QQitemZ6638087495QQcategoryZ16067QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    redrock wrote:
    Whoops.... maybe I shouldn't have been so nice!!!! What were you saying about touts???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-x-FOO-FIGHTERS-TICKET-CAMDEN-UNDERWORLD-FRIDAY_W0QQitemZ6638087495QQcategoryZ16067QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You were right where there is a will there's a way :o

Thank you again for being so nice :) I'm sure there is karma for these kind of gestures :D

Right really must go this time.
    Enjoy your football!

PS - I'm not that nice - just not a total bitch and have a minimum of values - doesn't speak too well as a mother role model, does it?
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Byrnzie wrote:
    [size=+4]50 tickets??? Fuck!! I paid £250 quid for mine!![/size]

Byrnzie I can top that by some fecking margin.... :o :eek:
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...