Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Just to change diverge slightly, I just saw the thread on The Porch about 'Vedder on the Cover of New RollingStone' this month. Kool!!

:D its a welcome change as i see your talking footie in both threads now !!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    V V wrote:
    :D its a welcome change as i see your talking footie in both threads now !!!

I know, It's that time of the month dear! :D
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I know, It's that time of the month dear! :D

hahahahahaha indeed !

so help me , when does this football rubbish end ??

and dam i want to buy RS now it sounds like a good read. where can we buy it over here ??
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • LongRhodeLongRhode Posts: 93
    I need some advice... feel free to PM me, don't mean to clog up this thread with a topic that is a bit off topic.

My wife and I are heading to London for 4 days following the Dublin show. Wondering what parts of the city I should be looking for hotels. I have heard the "West End" is most convenient.. however looks like the west end is made up of many neighborhoods (Westminster, Victoria, Soho).

Being in an area with great pubs and nightlife (not rowdy, but a good selection) is more important to us than being near the tourist landmarks. Any suggestions will be most appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
    1991 - Warwick RI
    1994 - Boston Garden 1
    2003 - Mansfield 1
    2004 - Boston 1 & 2
    2006 - Albany, Boston 1, Dublin Ireland
    2008 - Mansfield 1 & 2, EV Boston 1
    V V wrote:
    hahahahahaha indeed !

so help me , when does this football rubbish end ??

and dam i want to buy RS now it sounds like a good read. where can we buy it over here ??

They sell it in WH Smiths in Victoria. So I'm sorted! :D
    Have a look on their website - it should be on there already.
    LongRhode wrote:
    I need some advice... feel free to PM me, don't mean to clog up this thread with a topic that is a bit off topic.

My wife and I are heading to London for 4 days following the Dublin show. Wondering what parts of the city I should be looking for hotels. I have heard the "West End" is most convenient.. however looks like the west end is made up of many neighborhoods (Westminster, Victoria, Soho).

Being in an area with great pubs and nightlife (not rowdy, but a good selection) is more important to us than being near the tourist landmarks. Any suggestions will be most appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

You'll find some hotels for about £50 a night in Victoria and also Kings x. Victori's probably best as it's not so sleazy. I'm not sure if you'll find anything cheaper. Most of the Astoria crew stayed in the 'Farringdon Travel Lodge'. I don't know what price that is. As for good bars and nightlife - Upper street, Islington (Highbury and Islington tube, or Angel tube), or Camden town aren't bad. Hope that helps?
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Just spent an hour trying to get tickets and looked at the Foos website and nobody on their messageboards managed to get any :mad:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=3385326&posted=1#post3385326
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Byrnzie wrote:
    They sell it in WH Smiths in Victoria. So I'm sorted! :D
    Have a look on their website - it should be on there already.

ok, i didnt know they sold it in me ;)
    Chime wrote:
    Just spent an hour trying to get tickets and looked at the Foos website and nobody on there messageboards managed to get any :mad:

:( i just saw that , looks like PJ astoria moment all over again .
    V V wrote:
    :( i just saw that , looks like PJ astoria moment all over again .

Seems to be worse as nobody seems to have gotten any tickets. I had the site up and refreshed and refreshed and the listing didn't show up at all :(
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    I was about 4 or 5 from front on Stone's side... now bear in mind I joined the queue at about 5.45pm thats pretty good going... also bear in mind the venue holds about a 1/5th or less of the point and that at the Astoria we had no special entry priviledges... again i was pretty close.... fuck at the Astoria everyone was close :)

i just think standing from before 9.00am is pointless when we get in early anyway... along with a few hundred others right enough, but the Point is a big place isnt it? The ticket box doesnt open till 12noon anyway so where are you going to queue??? do you know if there are seperate queues for 10club members or GA? what if you spend 4 hours in the wrong queue and then the 10C ticket box tells you need to go into a different entrance??

question questions
    Yep, 4 or 5 back in a much smaller crowd :) . Who knwos what way they'll do it this time. Besides I enjoyed the queue, wouldn't have stayed there if I didn't. Had good company and a good laugh and I found it was a great build up to the concert - and at least I was relatively comfortable, not needing to go to the toilet all the time and stuff like that after drinking. I'll find somewhere to queue and no I don't know the answers but I'm not gonna turn up at 12noon along with everyone else :cool:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Byrnzie wrote:
    You'll find some hotels for about £50 a night in Victoria and also Kings x. Victori's probably best as it's not so sleazy. I'm not sure if you'll find anything cheaper. Most of the Astoria crew stayed in the 'Farringdon Travel Lodge'. I don't know what price that is. As for good bars and nightlife - Upper street, Islington (Highbury and Islington tube, or Angel tube), or Camden town aren't bad. Hope that helps?
    The Farringdon travelodge would be no good for what he seems to want. Very quiet area - doesn't seem to be much nightlife within walking distance.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Yep, 4 or 5 back in a much smaller crowd :) . Who knwos what way they'll do it this time. Besides I enjoyed the queue, wouldn't have stayed there if I didn't. Had good company and a good laugh and I found it was a great build up to the concert - and at least I was relatively comfortable, not needing to go to the toilet all the time and stuff like that after drinking. I'll find somewhere to queue and no I don't know the answers but I'm not gonna turn up at 12noon along with everyone else :cool:

i wasnt getting at you or anything just that I (and others) think its a bit mad to be standing in a queue pre-9am when we get early entry anyway :confused: .... we dont know where we are supposed to get early entry anyway, so like i said... you could be standing in the wrong queue for ages

just dont see the point but each to their own i suppose :confused:

is anyone else queueing this early or is it Me, Dave and Byrnzie that are a bit mad waiting until 5ish??? :confused:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.

I'll more than likely be wankered by the time we meet then. :D
    By the way, what booze did you want me to bring to the queue again? A bottle of red wasn't it? :confused: (Although you'll probably have to remind me again on the day!)
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I'll more than likely be wankered by the time we meet then. :D
    By the way, what booze did you want me to bring to the queue again? A bottle of red wasn't it? :confused: (Although you'll probably have to remind me again on the day!)
    Lol, I should be alright - don't plan on getting too drunk... but you lot will be in the pub so if i have any orders i will text them to yas :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    but you lot will be in the pub so if i have any orders i will text them to yas :D

is Yas coming??? woo-hoo... i hope she leaves the Plastic Population at home though

the only way is.....up.....baby!!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Chime wrote:
    Just spent an hour trying to get tickets and looked at the Foos website and nobody on their messageboards managed to get any :mad:

CHIME _ QUICK - TICKETS FOR THE FOOS AVAILABLE

http://www.seetickets.com/sjmmaj/index.asp?code=197201&site=foofighters

just got my two tickets!!!!
    i wasnt getting at you or anything just that I (and others) think its a bit mad to be standing in a queue pre-9am when we get early entry anyway :confused: .... we dont know where we are supposed to get early entry anyway, so like i said... you could be standing in the wrong queue for ages

just dont see the point but each to their own i suppose :confused:

is anyone else queueing this early or is it Me, Dave and Byrnzie that are a bit mad waiting until 5ish??? :confused:

welll in London we started queing around 4pm , and pushed in a bit cos of the buy tix on door bus. (beautiful ppl who lets us do that THANKS AGAIN ! )

so i'm thinking 2 or 3pm ! may wonder down and check it out a lil b4 !
    redrock wrote:
    CHIME _ QUICK - TICKETS FOR THE FOOS AVAILABLE

http://www.seetickets.com/sjmmaj/index.asp?code=197201&site=foofighters

just got my two tickets!!!!

I went to buy lunch and they put them up :mad: Sold out now.

It's Astoria all over again :(
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Chime wrote:

I guess Manchester this Sunday no good then? know someone selling two tickets at face value...
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    UKDave wrote:
    I guess Manchester this Sunday no good then? know someone selling two tickets at face value...

I'm going to Hyde Park on Saturday. But thanks :)

This was a secret gig at Camden Underworld (think it holds 500) we received an e-mail I think about midnight last night saying tickets would go on sale at noon with a link that when you tried to use it today went to a blank screen and if you phoned seetickets they said it was sold out.

Tickets then go on sale at 13:25 while I'm out buying lunch :o
    Chime - check pms
    Chime wrote:

Hopefully :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Chime wrote:
    I'm going to Hyde Park on Saturday. But thanks :)

This was a secret gig at Camden Underworld (think it holds 500) we received an e-mail I think about midnight last night saying tickets would go on sale at noon with a link that when you tried to use it today went to a blank screen and if you phoned seetickets they said it was sold out.

Tickets then go on sale at 13:25 while I'm out buying lunch :o

Oh!! bum.... :o
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    UKDave wrote:
    Oh!! bum.... :o

One consellation it will be harder for the touts to sell them on ebay etc as announced so close to the date and you need photo ID and the card you paid with to collect them ...

Ah well QOTSA and Foos on Saturday ... silver linings and all that :)

redrock I have replied ;)
    Hopefully :p

no she means Astoria in a bad way :(
    no she means Astoria in a bad way :(

Duh, you really are blonde today :p

She got IN to the Astoria didn't she? But she didn't have a ticket, like now!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Duh, you really are blonde today :p

She got IN to the Astoria didn't she? But she didn't have a ticket, like now!

yeah, but she aged about 14 years in the process :p
    yeah, but she aged about 14 years in the process :p

I didn't look that bad did I Dunk :o

Yeah don't think there will be any chance, venue is about a third of the size and they have a lot stricter rules about collecting tickets at the venue tomorrow night with photo ID etc so don't think there will be many touts ...
    Chime wrote:
    I didn't look that bad did I Dunk :o

Yeah don't think there will be any chance, venue is about a third of the size and they have a lot stricter rules about collecting tickets so don't think there will be many touts ...

They always find a way though...