Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    redrock wrote:
    I've always wanted to go to Lapland when I was a kid (Santa and all...). The furthest north I've been is Tampere - not very north :D
    Hmmm... I think the furthest north I've been is Belfast - definitely not very north :D

But yeh, go to Lapland - it's amazing :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Well... if we're speaking furthest north any country, the furthest I've been is Trondheim in Norway (snow in August!) which is a bit more than Tampere! Would have loved to go much more and catch the midnight sun - that must be weird....
    redrock wrote:
    Well... if we're speaking furthest north any country, the furthest I've been is Trondheim in Norway (snow in August!) which is a bit more than Tampere! Would have loved to go much more and catch the midnight sun - that must be weird....
    Yeh yeh yeh :rolleyes: You win :D

I'd love to see that midnight sun and the northern lights too - it must be amazing... I'd imagine it would be slightly colder than in my dream though :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    redrock wrote:

I have a friend who lives in Trondheim :) Never been though :o
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Yeh yeh yeh :rolleyes: You win :D

I'd love to see that midnight sun and the northern lights too - it must be amazing... I'd imagine it would be slightly colder than in my dream though :o

That's why dreams are the best (nice ones, that is!). They suit your desires!
    Irish Al wrote:
    Ta failte romhat (Thats you're welcome in irish...pronounced "Taw falcha roat"

Pronounced just like it's written... NOT!! My friend from Ireland is coming to London with her daughter for a few days later on this afternoon. Her daughter's name is Saoirse (good Irish name!). When we (me and some friends) got a text from the dad a few minutes after the birth with the name, we were all 'what the f*** - how do you pronounce that?' (I think the mum who is american had a few problems at the beginning as well!). It's a lovely name...
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    redrock wrote:
    Pronounced just like it's written... NOT!! My friend from Ireland is coming to London with her daughter for a few days later on this afternoon. Her daughter's name is Saoirse (good Irish name!). When we (me and some friends) got a text from the dad a few minutes after the birth with the name, we were all 'what the f*** - how do you pronounce that?' (I think the mum who is american had a few problems at the beginning as well!). It's a lovely name...

I sit next to a saoirse who is a fruit loop. Can be lovely and a total bitch :mad:
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    I sit next to a saoirse who is a fruit loop. Can be lovely and a total bitch :mad:
    Lol, we've one at work too - he's a man though. I prefer it for a girl.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Lol, we've one at work too - he's a man though. I prefer it for a girl.

Oh god :eek:... it can be a man's name too!
    redrock wrote:
    Oh god :eek:... it can be a man's name too!
    Yip! It means freedom so can be for either.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Yip! It means freedom so can be for either.

Yep.... they liked the meaning of the name thus they called her that!
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    hello everyone, what a lovely day today. :D

Helly, the midnight sun is amazing and kinda weird too. you don't notice it as well here in the south as you do in Lapland but still. it's pretty exciting to think the sun isn't going to set. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    eMMI wrote:
    hello everyone, what a lovely day today. :D

Helly, the midnight sun is amazing and kinda weird too. you don't notice it as well here in the south as you do in Lapland but still. it's pretty exciting to think the sun isn't going to set. :)
    Ooohh, I'd like that - it's like you never have to leave the pub... cos it's still bright outside.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Ooohh, I'd like that - it's like you never have to leave the pub... cos it's still bright outside.

lol. well, it's not *bright* throughout the whole day. :rolleyes: :D it does get a little dark but technically the sun doesn't set. :D

:eek: I just realised, after today I think I'll be able to log in on Sunday. :eek: going to work on a camp and so I won't be home. well, I can maybe pop in on Friday for a while but I'm not sure. :eek: how will you lot manage without me? :eek: :p lol.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • fergsfergs Posts: 7
    hello everyone, I know i'm probably thinking about this waaay too far in advance (but I can hardly think about anything else i'm so excited) but what time do you think i should queue outside the Point (dublin) before the show. I want to have some chance of getting near the front (preferably into the pit). I was thinking around lunch time (with a bag o cans!) but i've heard of people talking about queuing from 8am.....Please advise ;)
    fergs wrote:
    hello everyone, I know i'm probably thinking about this waaay too far in advance (but I can hardly think about anything else i'm so excited) but what time do you think i should queue outside the Point (dublin) before the show. I want to have some chance of getting near the front (preferably into the pit). I was thinking around lunch time (with a bag o cans!) but i've heard of people talking about queuing from 8am.....Please advise ;)

8 AM? :eek: that's fecking early!!

sorry, I don't think I can be of much help as I don't know practically anything yet. I don't even have the plane tickets. :rolleyes:
    fergs wrote:
    Well the 10c people will be getting in first. I dunno, I reckon you'd be safe enough until 1 or 2 and then the queue will probably take off.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    eMMI wrote:
    lol. well, it's not *bright* throughout the whole day. :rolleyes: :D it does get a little dark but technically the sun doesn't set. :D

:eek: I just realised, after today I think I'll be able to log in on Sunday. :eek: going to work on a camp and so I won't be home. well, I can maybe pop in on Friday for a while but I'm not sure. :eek: how will you lot manage without me? :eek: :p lol.
    Lol, stop worrying and book your bloody flight :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Well the 10c people will be getting in first. I dunno, I reckon you'd be safe enough until 1 or 2 and then the queue will probably take off.

I'm 10c so don't know what time we will need to queue from. Plane doesn't land till 10:30 though. I think from what has happened on the US legs the 10c ticket collection window doesn't open untill noon anyway.

Think Hells has it about right if you're not 10c :)

EDIT: Forgot to say welcome to the pit and welcome to the Dublin thread :D:D:D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Lol, stop worrying and book your bloody flight :eek:

I'm fecking doing the best I can!! :eek: I told ya I'm broke. :rolleyes:
    I haven't even gotten the change to tell my mum that I'm going to Dublin. *oops* lol. :D
  • fergsfergs Posts: 7
    thanks for the prompt replies guys! how many 10c tickets were given out d'ya reckon, would that be the fill of the pit? How many do they let into the pit 300 or so? So many questions and only 10 weeks to go!!! :)
    eMMI wrote:
    I'm fecking doing the best I can!! :eek: I told ya I'm broke. :rolleyes:
    I haven't even gotten the change to tell my mum that I'm going to Dublin. *oops* lol. :D

Lol oooooooooo k! :D

Tell her... and tell her you want money :)

Fergs, I don't think we know how many 10c tickets were given out but it would be a few hundred anyway. It could be the fill of the pit alright.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Chime wrote:
    I'm 10c so don't know what time we will need to queue from. Plane doesn't land till 10:30 though. I think from what has happened on the US legs the 10c ticket collection window doesn't open untill noon anyway.

Think Hells has it about right if you're not 10c :)

EDIT: Forgot to say welcome to the pit and welcome to the Dublin thread :D:D:D

hummmm that doesnt give us much time in the pub b4 hand !!

our flight gets in at 8:55am !!! so breakfast , find a few of you and start queing !!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    Lol oooooooooo k! :D

Tell her... and tell her you want money :)

I was just comapring flight prices. seems like every airline flies to Dublin via something. :confused: many of them via Amsterdam. I don't get it. that's what makes it so fecking expensive to fly to Ireland. :o

lol. I can't tell her I want money, she'd destroy me. :D
    V V wrote:
    hummmm that doesnt give us much time in the pub b4 hand !!

our flight gets in at 8:55am !!! so breakfast , find a few of you and start queing !!!!
    Well I'll be long in the queue before you land :D

Destroy you eM? Like put you down? :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Destroy you eM? Like put you down? :eek:

be mad at me. :eek: you know, with 5 kids I think the last thing she needs to hear is that her oldest one needs about 260 euros. :eek:
    eMMI wrote:
    be mad at me. :eek: you know, with 5 kids I think the last thing she needs to hear is that her oldest one needs about 260 euros. :eek:

THAT much? Does Aer Lingus not have direct flights to Helsinki? Or surely ryanair through London or something.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    THAT much? Does Aer Lingus not have direct flights to Helsinki? Or surely ryanair through London or something.

well, unless I'm blind Ryanair doesn't fly from Finland to Ireland AT ALL. :eek:

and no, at least I haven't been able to find any direct flights from Aer Lingus either..

I'm gonna have to really look into this.. :o :eek:
    but I'll get there. :D

I need to be off now so I'll talk to you all later, if not earlier, on Monday the least. :D:D
    Well I'll be long in the queue before you land :D

You'll save me a place, won't you :D:D:D:
    redrock wrote:
    You'll save me a place, won't you :D:D:D:

Yaya... that I will :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!