Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I know I won't be going, just moreso thinking of their reasoning behind doing it again etc...
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i could really do with a Manchester Night One ticket if anyone knows of anyone with one. Lots of "one" there. :lol:

and in other news... hope yer all fine n dandy... cannae wait for this snow thats gonna hit us... I guess that was summer we just had! ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    edited April 2012
    I just booked a Sail & Rail ticket back from Manchester on 22nd June. I've never been on a proper ferry before, and figured since I wasn't in a rush back, I'd take the cheapest option home.

ETA - I've also booked my flights to Madrid Sonisphere and my flight to Stockholm. Only need to book return journey from Oslo, and Ed's adventures :D
    Post edited by Jennytree on
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    Jennytree wrote:
    Thoughts on PJ21 in Alpine this year? Tbh, I think it kinda takes away from last year and what ye had going on.

Would depend on the lineup again for me... last year wasn't quite enough to outweigh the cost in my opinion (although I know many others were more than happy with it).
    I do agree it detracts from the 'specialness' of last year though. Wouldn't be so bad if they did it on a different continent or part of the country, just seems a bit like profiteering again to me :?

To get that weekend last year they'd have had no choice but to sign up for a multi-year deal. Standard with most US venues for premium dates. If it's the only US dates the band does again this year, then I agree. However, if it's a couple of normal dates there with standard tour support and then onwards then why not. Whether they could sell as many tickets again for a 2 night stand of normal shows is another question.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Stiches finally out, though things still stuck together with steri-strips. Probably a good thing in case the weight of unsupported boobies might tear it apart! I know, I don't have boobies that big but it's a possibility!
  • Hooray for Boobies! (that's two threads that have descended into boob discussion now :lol::mrgreen: )
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
    Ouchies R, here's to a quick recovery!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Just being overly dramatic Jenny.... But can you imagine that happening!!!! Seeing the surgeon tomorrow for review and biopsy results....
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    redrock wrote:
    Just being overly dramatic Jenny.... But can you imagine that happening!!!! Seeing the surgeon tomorrow for review and biopsy results....

hope it goes ok Rita (((squishy non hurty huggles)))
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    good luck with results, positive vibes its all good xx

dreamed about Ed alot last night, so woke up a happy girl :mrgreen::mrgreen::lol:

anyone watch the Damien Hirst program ??? bloody love that man's work.
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    Well... after 2 1/2 hours of waiting as surgeon was called to an emergency, I am non the wiser really (except that I watched Girl with the Dragon Tattoo).

No biopsy results yet - may take another 10 days. He did say that they sent a nodule + other tissue growth. I'm also starting a chest infection and therefore am on antibiotics. Good news is that the scar is looking good (as far as scars can look good!).

He did say I needed to 'manage' my vocal cords :oops: I talk too much... :oops:

Back on the 17th then.....
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Hope you're keeping your spirits up Rita!

Two more days til I've got ten days off......bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I need a coffee!
    edited April 2012
    Keeping my spirits up???? After someone (who is not your spouse or one of your parents) say you talk toomuch???? How can I keep my spirits up after that, huh? HUH??????? :lol::lol:

Listening to some irish music. Might even get my breton one on after - loving a bit of celtic tradition!

ooOOoo... ten days off... nice! :mrgreen:
    Post edited by redrock on
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Jennytree wrote:
    I just booked a Sail & Rail ticket back from Manchester on 22nd June. I've never been on a proper ferry before, and figured since I wasn't in a rush back, I'd take the cheapest option home.

ETA - I've also booked my flights to Madrid Sonisphere and my flight to Stockholm. Only need to book return journey from Oslo, and Ed's adventures :D
    the ferry ride can turn expensive if one goes all out at the bar. Me, i prepared for my last return journey by having a bottle of Jack on the way out, and going on the piss until 2am then sleeping like 3 hours before finishing the rest of the sleep off on the boat. Only had 2 drinks all up on the ferry bar. Discipline.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
    Hinn wrote:
    the ferry ride can turn expensive if one goes all out at the bar. Me, i prepared for my last return journey by having a bottle of Jack on the way out, and going on the piss until 2am then sleeping like 3 hours before finishing the rest of the sleep off on the boat. Only had 2 drinks all up on the ferry bar. Discipline.

^ ^ ^ And thats how ye learn from the best... :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    :wave:
    Hello Rita! Hope yer feeling a little better today!

Delighted it's nearly the weekend. Shall be going dancing tonight even though we'll all get fecked out of the pub at midnight :roll:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Fuck, forgot about that...goin to the pub with the lads for the first time in about 4 months and was lookin forward to a late one...fuckin stupid catholic law :(

How is everyone doin?

EDIT: Jen am I right in thinking we're on the same flight to Manchester??
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    Fuck, forgot about that...goin to the pub with the lads for the first time in about 4 months and was lookin forward to a late one...fuckin stupid catholic law :(

How is everyone doin?

EDIT: Jen am I right in thinking we're on the same flight to Manchester??
    Ye might end up having a late one anyway ;) We are indeed on the same flight. I'm getting the ferry back though on the Friday 8-)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Good stuff...I cannae wait til June!!
    I need a coffee!
    Hello peeps. Jenny and Al on the same flight.... poor stewards/stewardesses! :lol:
    Guten morgen folks! Hope yer all starting to have lovely weekends! I was out dancing last night, had great fun though and a bitta vodka :lol:

Headin' off to Cork and Tralee with my big sis tomorrow, can't wait :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    A bit bored so on a baking spree. I made lavender cupcakes and rum baba and Gabrielle made triple chocolate and marshmallow muffins and is making red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese topping. I guess eating cupcakes and the likes is a good way to recover from an op! :mrgreen:

Will be going out in the garden in a bit. So beautiful outside!
    Anyone know what happened Selin and Laura? Their FB accounts have been deactivated?
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Weird, Jenny..... I also have several others... big Phil, Fi, Don.
    Happy birthday John!!!

Hi everyone!
    happy birthday Jard! 8-)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Hello crew! Hope you all had a good, long week-end.

Already bought one of my daughter's birthday presents though her birthday is not until November! She has been dying to see Phantom of the Opera on stage for years. Got her two pretty damn good seats today - got to get them early or the good ones get booked straight away. Might throw in a voucher or something from one of the restaurants in the area to make it a 'proper' outing with a friend - Hard Rock Cafe, maybe?
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    v nice Rita she will be super pleased. I told Mali about EV tic for her bday she was very happy, and she went to see Korn last week so, I don't want ANY complaining about ANYTHING from her. lol

did you all have a good Easter ? did the bunny bring you treats ? yum, saw my family which was nice, they seem to me mellowing in their old age and not moaning at me so much, guess they have finally realised its not "just a phase" :lol::lol::lol:

well i should get off to the gym :roll: bloody knackered I am, have a good day all xxxx
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    Flippin' hell V, did you used to get grief for being super cool and awesome?! :lol:

My bunny bit me this morning, nearly took a good aul chuck out of my hand the little fucker :x
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!