Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    :lol::lol: Have a look at Surfers Against Sewage, they do stuff.
    I used to know the manager of the seal sanctuary but she works in Padstow now, hmm, I'll have a think...but if I can help with anything this way then just give me a shout :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    SAS looks like good fun too! G's been looking at these conservation 'holidays' which offer accommodation (well... you pay for it, then you work for free). Not much of holidays but you have room and board for a week or two and do your bit for conservation. She'll find something. She came back from this HE fair and put the Africa one under my nose saying 'it looked really interesting'! :roll:
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    There has been one payment completed in my paypal a/c, for $172 - dunno yet if it's for London or Manc and I've no mail yet.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Completed for me too. I only entered London....
    Jenny - were London and Manchester the same price? $172 is London cost.
    redrock wrote:
    Jenny - were London and Manchester the same price? $172 is London cost.

No, I've just checked the proper page on paypal now. London is completed, the $156 for Manc is still pending. I assume I won't get presale tix to both shows, but happy enough with London show(s)!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Congrats my lovelies :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    You never know Jenny!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    London checking in :mrgreen:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    0/4 for me. Fuck it! Congrats to those that did.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Nada for me too :(

Ho-hum... might be home in time for general sale if it all pans out over here :D
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
    My lovelies - not to worry. There will be spares about (unfortunately I don't have one....). When was the last time one of us was left out? Can't remember, can you 'coz it's never happened!!! :mrgreen:

Those that may be trying for Manchester - remember there is an O2 presale today (I'm sure you guys know someone on O2!).
    There's an O2 presale? I don't have my UK phone on me at the moment, must try and figure it out anyway :D

ETA I've signed into the O2 priority thingy now. Now to wait until 9am and see if my non-UKness will hold me back.
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    There's an O2 presale? I don't have my UK phone on me at the moment, must try and figure it out anyway :D

ETA I've signed into the O2 priority thingy now. Now to wait until 9am and see if my non-UKness will hold me back.

Jen you're ok...it's tomorrow I think so you've 24 hours to sort out you're non UKness
    (I thought it was today too, but had to check for my mate Rich who didn't get anything either)

http://www.o2priority.co.uk/Listings/Eddie-Vedder/17034
    Hahah - I read the Wednesday, just didn't realise that today isn't Wednesday :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    :oops: Sorry... thought the O2 presale was today...
    I've decided not to do Manchester :( being sensible and saving funds
    Saving funds for a possible small London gig a la SBE!!! :mrgreen:

All... Emma needs a London spare.
    chime wrote:

Yeah I'm undecided about Manc now too. I always feel like I'm gonna miss out on something major if I don't go :roll:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Got 10c tickets for EV in London, which is nice. 8-)

Unknown at this time as to whether i'll have a spare or not, partly depends on whether Mrs JRD decides she wants to come along, and partly on whether i try to swap the night 1 spare for a night 2 ticket - don't know if the credit card would be happy to fork out for a pair of tickets for each night! :roll:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    Jennytree wrote:
    chime wrote:

Yeah I'm undecided about Manc now too. I always feel like I'm gonna miss out on something major if I don't go :roll:

Giving Manchester a miss as well... one or two London shows will cost enough as it is, at least i don't have to fork out for travel and somewhere to stay. Will save the money and live in hope of another SBE-like show from PJ before their Manchester shows...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • dottles wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

Jen you're ok...it's tomorrow I think so you've 24 hours to sort out you're non UKness
    (I thought it was today too, but had to check for my mate Rich who didn't get anything either)

I'll be on a plane... if someone wants to use my O2 details, I'd be happy offer them out (in return for the spare :P )

Does anybody know how quickly these cheap fares London/Manchester (return) last once they go on sale? The £12/£18 (depending on times) ones. I'll be in hospital when they become available so I was just wondering....
    dottles wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

I'll be on a plane... if someone wants to use my O2 details, I'd be happy offer them out (in return for the spare :P )

I think Ian is trying so maybe see if he can pick you up one with his order?
    redrock wrote:
    Does anybody know how quickly these cheap fares London/Manchester (return) last once they go on sale? The £12/£18 (depending on times) ones. I'll be in hospital when they become available so I was just wondering....

I don't know on that route sorry Rita, I know the Cornwall to London ones go quickly.
    I can try and get it for you if that would help?
    redrock wrote:

dunno, but i'd like to know as well!

and is it as cheap, or cheaper, to buy two singles instead of a return ? you probably can't buy a return until the tickets go on sale for the date of your return journey but can you buy a single to get there and then buy a single to come back when they go on sale a couple of days later and not pay more than the return fare?

i'm going up on the Wednesday for the two PJ shows, and then Mrs JRD is coming up on the Friday just to see Bruce and we'll be going back together on Saturday. so what's the best strategy for ticket-buying to get the cheapest fares and still get to sit at least in the same carriage on the way back...? :ugeek:
    I usually buy two singles so buy each as they become available.

Keep an eye on http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_far ... izons.html for the train provider you need to use for when the cheap fares become available. Think for most of us that will be Virgin Trains

Also here http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/tickets-offers/jun/2012/ ... (open up 'Find out when to buy advance tickets') the days highlighted have cheap fares available. Looks like a couple of weeks to go.
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    dottles wrote:

I think Ian is trying so maybe see if he can pick you up one with his order?

He is, and will if he can! :D
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    Lads, I've no hassle trying for Manc in the morning presale, but you'd have to wing yer CC details my way as I'm all maxed out till payday on Friday. If it's of any use, let me know!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    Lads, I've no hassle trying for Manc in the morning presale, but you'd have to wing yer CC details my way as I'm all maxed out till payday on Friday. If it's of any use, let me know!

PM winging it's way to ya :mrgreen: