Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Happy Birthday Pipa XXXXxxxxXXXXX :mrgreen:
    Pipa did you go for a funky coloured laptop ?

morning, yes Red still headaches got some new drugs from Dr. yesterday STRONG stuff heheheee,
    got to teach tonight have big gig in 2 weeks and my girls are not up to scratch on choreo !!! :shock:

oOOo glad G made it, well done her. guess she wont be up for the next one then ?? hahaha

can we have a pic of Vince costume ?

PAT DONT BUY buy vs reissue!!! :mrgreen:

My Daddy gave me some money so think I'll get me EV solo love songs !!! :mrgreen: (arrr the Fairys are GOOD ;) ) hummm just went to check out and can't quite bring myself to spend $55. on a CD and DVD might wait till hmv has it !!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    A bit of legal high then V??? :mrgreen: Are you getting eyes, etc. checked too?

Will try to get Rob to photograph the girls together before they go to school (G dressed up as Vince and there's also Howard, Bollo & Nabu). G WILL do her 'proper' expedition or else it's all been wasted!

I'm a bit like you.. skint so no vs/vitalogy reissue (was going to go for the 3 cd set), DVD and no Ed uke stuff when it comes out. My birthday is end of July so I guess will have to put these on my 'wishlist' and wait until then!

And don't talk about funky coloured laptops! Looking at a 13"-14" one for G (though still powerful enough) and she saw Dell (or Sony?) that do a very bright pink one but they are expensive!!!
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Nah ... it's in the sale so you get the colour they have left ... which is silver ... fine by me!

Have since seen a dell one in the sale with pretty decent spec that looks like it comes with a Union Jack cover if G might be interested in that red.

Thanks all for the birthday wishes! :mrgreen: ... have handed out cake at work so now just to survive the day :P
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Union Jack cover!!!!! :o:o Must have a look! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

Can't seem to find them now. Swear they were there yesterday :? :evil:
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Jennytree wrote:
    So it looks like I might head to London on the 26th-ish of August, if any of you are about then! I might be there before then, but this looks a little more definite!

should be around then, in a post-holiday depression...
    will beer be involved ? ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    chime wrote:
    redrock wrote:

Can't seem to find them now. Swear they were there yesterday :? :evil:

they change their special offers and sale stuff really quickly. if you see something you pretty much have to get it there and then...

...and Happy Birthday!! 8-)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    Happy birthday Pip!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Hope you're having a FAB day :mrgreen: xxxx
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    jrd wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:
    So it looks like I might head to London on the 26th-ish of August, if any of you are about then! I might be there before then, but this looks a little more definite!

Well, of course! Either that, or tea and crumpets in the park 8-)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    EvolutionaryEvolutionary Posts: 880
    Jennytree wrote:
    jrd wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

Beer then :mrgreen: :P

I shall endeavour to be available (might see if I can drag those reprobates from Coventry with me) :P
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    jrd wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

]

Weren't we talking about a possible meet up that week-end? If so, G is at Reading so have a bit more bed/floor space if anyone needs anything.... Could do a BBQ too!

When we decide a week-end, must remember to let the Euro folk know and also facebook!
  • Options
    Definitely :) There is the World-wide Jamicide thingy on the Saturday night (I can't link to the event as I'm in work) but I don't mind what we do as long as we're all there. I'll be on my way back from Amsterdam, figured I'd do a stopover :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jamicide? Sounds terminal!!!!

I'm knackered and will without delay go to bed and try to go to sleep. Girlies here still making costumes! 'Naboo' is here for a sleepover, but the 'couple of stiches' on the costume turned out to making one from scratch! It's OK... I'm not involved... the house is just a tip.

'night night....
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Definitely :) There is the World-wide Jamicide thingy on the Saturday night (I can't link to the event as I'm in work) but I don't mind what we do as long as we're all there. I'll be on my way back from Amsterdam, figured I'd do a stopover :D
    Ah! I knew that date rang a bell for some reason! I shall be defo be around as I missed the last thingy they did and promised I'd make this one :P

• Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Jennytree wrote:
    Feck sake Al, all this visiting Dublin and not letting me know will give me a complex!

Sorry Jen it was literally a last minute thing and we spun up and back :? Any consolation, I dont go to Dublin very often, so next time I'm there (and not working) I'll endevor to let you know :thumbup:
    Jennytree wrote:

Hmmmmmmmm..I'm dofo not going :twisted:

EDIT: Oh and happy birthday to that sexy lil minx chimey :shifty:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,578
    2,900 pages...gawddamn, Irish! this is damn impressive! :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    'morning all!

Solat - only a couple of Irish here! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Irish Al wrote:
    2coffees in the Gresham hotel = €8 :shock: 2 britvic 55 juices for the kids =7; spending an afternoon with Emmi & kirk = priceless :D

:oops: 8-):lol::mrgreen:

Hey all! :wave: Another beautiful day, another load of washing to do. :P
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    morning :D

well decided not to take the Valium the Dr gave me for the headaches as can't really see how it will help, ok so I won't feel them any more but I wont feel anything any more !! :lol: after all if my body is moaning about too many toxins and has dumpt them all in my should and neck (coursing stiffness and head ache) how can giving it even more toxins be good ?? :?
    so the natural route it is, that means lots of wired stuff like, drink loads of water, line seed milk, chamomile tea, taking Magnesium (it draws crap out of your muscles) and caster oil pack 4 times a day (cloth soaked in the oil placed on shoulder and neck) and a few other wired things not sure I want to share :lol:

so if I come on here complaining or waffling on about it please ignore me, as I don't want to do it on FB as that's my slightly more professional image !!!! hehehe

oh anyone here heard of the book "the Artists way" by Julia Cameron ??
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    Don't worry, V, I think we all do our fair share of ranting in here :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    V.. valium can really help with these migraine/tension headaches, sorting out the muscle spasms that could be the cause. On the other hand, it really depends on how you generally react to that. Maybe at night? Then again, the 'natural' way is helpful too! Still need to get your eyes checked! :mrgreen:

Never heard of the book....
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    V.. valium can really help with these migraine/tension headaches, sorting out the muscle spasms that could be the cause. On the other hand, it really depends on how you generally react to that. Maybe at night? Then again, the 'natural' way is helpful too! Still need to get your eyes checked! :mrgreen:

Never heard of the book....
    :oops: thanks Jen

red eyes are being done tomorrow morning, it was the quickest they could see me :P
  • Options
    'morning lovelies... Busy day today and tomorrow then.................. week-end! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    Hello all! :D

So... after a text conversation with a certain Irish gentleman residing in Moscow this morning, who's planning on doing PJ20 when something (anything) gets announced?
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options

So... after a text conversation with a certain Irish gentleman residing in Moscow this morning, who's planning on doing PJ20 when something (anything) gets announced?
    I'm open to the possibility, but probably won't end up going - need to raise funding and sort time off in advance - not sure either is going to happen :P
    (although if anyone wants to buy a Millenium Falcon... :P )

• Options
    morning No PJ20 for me :(

can I check have the fairy's brought new small things to all recently ?? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    check your FB msg xx
  • Options

Nah, it's just too awkward. The hassle of trying to find somewhere to stay, or even getting there is just not worth it. Plus the other bands will probably be shite and if I've to listen to Ben Harper again it won't be pretty :lol:

Also, I have zero cash at the mo. My PJ weekend will be the one in London the week before :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Not doing PJ20 either and to be honest..I don't really mind. We've had a hell of a run over the past 5 years so am quite happy to not have to remortgage the house to fly over 8-)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Most probably no to PJ20.

If the line up was AMAZING ... I could be tempted ... but looks like it won't be announced until flights are way out of my league anyway ... what with buying a laptop this week :P
  • Options
    No PJ20 for me either. Just not possible - cost and logistics. We'll see them next year....

V.. fairies :mrgreen::mrgreen: I see a message but I can't read it at work.. .will have to wait until I get home!