Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    morning, snowy here 2/3cm still coming down normally I'd love it but arr driving to heathrow not so happy. could the snow please go on hold til monday Thanks ! :mrgreen:

Keep warm everyone,
    Soupie you still get to see Ed solo flipin cool !
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Drive safely V! Make sure you pack a thermos with a hot drink and a blanket... just in case!
  • Options
    To all computer geeks here....

Can anyone advise on notebooks (or laptops small in size)? Would like to get one for G. Must be highly portable but still powerful. She would need to run applications such as Photoshop CS4 and other graphics programs, including animation (plus all the 'normal' stuff), in Windows 7. Also needs a DVD drive. Oh.. and not too expensive! Actually, the cheaper, the better! Looked at gaming notebooks but they are e x p e n s i v e!!!!!

Thank you!

(Also posted this on Euro thread!)
  • Options
    roads were all clear :mrgreen: did take provions just incase tho.
    dont think we are due any more snow now for a few days. phew !

I fancy seeing The Cult in jan in Bristol saw some new vid on u tube they were sounding very good !!!
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    Glad all went well V and that your person arrived safely too!

Another chilly morning to you all!
  • Options
    morning
    cold but bright looks like the sun will come out ! yay :mrgreen:

keep wanting to ask hows the driving Rita ?
  • Options
    It's good V. Drove in the snow yesterday! Just need to get used to parallel parking with our car.....
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    redrock wrote:
    jrd... oooOOooo ..... white stuff - and still falling. But not enough for a duvet day, I'm afraid. Just enough to cause a bit of chaos.

enforced day off yesterday, well half a day to be exact... ;)
    tried to get in to work but train stopped at Norbiton and sat there...and sat there...and then we're told that they didn't know when it would be going because of "slippery railroads" and also because "we're in a queue of trains that's backed up all the way from Waterloo". Waterloo was full of trains but they had no drivers because they were all stuck on the trains queuing up to get in to Waterloo...
    at this point, about 2 hours into my journey to London i gave up, got off the train (luckily we were in a station rather than stuck inbetween), got a bus to Kingston, did an hour of Christmas shopping and got the bus home. 8-)
    am in work today :(
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    To all computer geeks here....

Can anyone advise on notebooks (or laptops small in size)? Would like to get one for G. Must be highly portable but still powerful. She would need to run applications such as Photoshop CS4 and other graphics programs, including animation (plus all the 'normal' stuff), in Windows 7. Also needs a DVD drive. Oh.. and not too expensive! Actually, the cheaper, the better! Looked at gaming notebooks but they are e x p e n s i v e!!!!!

Thank you!

(Also posted this on Euro thread!)

dunno much about laptops so hope someone on t'other thread has helped :roll:

reckon you want something with at least an Intel Core 2 Duo processor, or a newer Core i3 or i5, a minimum of 4GB of memory and 250Gb or bigger hard drive.
    that rules out the 10" netbooks, and they don't have DVD drives either so i guess something with 12" or 13" screen if you want to keep the weight down.
    after that it's just a case of finding something you like the look of, there should be plenty of choice (maybe too much?).
    Acer do some decent enough stuff, or Samsung, Dell, Toshiba... saw an advert for some Sony ones in the Metro today but didn't really look at it very closely, but you usually pay for the Sony name.
    Find something you like and then see if John Lewis stock it and will match the price because you might get a better warranty from JL...

just my 2p worth. :ugeek:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    Thank you jrd :ugeek:
  • Options
    Sunday evening... just sitting in the kitchen having a beer, listening to Planet Rock while the pie and mash cooks... 8-)
  • Options
    'morning all.

Monday already here :( Managed to spends LOADS of money that I don't have without leaving the house. Online shopping make things that little bit too easy!
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Independence day! Whoo! 8-)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    eMMI wrote:

who made you lot independent? :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    Happy belated indpendence day Emmi!

Why is it only Tuesday but it feels like I've already done a whole week and it should be Friday?
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    eMMI wrote:

who made you lot independent? :lol:

Some Finnish guys. :think:

Today feels like a Monday since yesterday was a holiday..
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Well folks.,.am too bloody tired to post but will get back on track with you all soon :)

Oh and thanks a mil D, the kids were rocking out to Berlin just before bedtime, I wonder why they didnt settle as easily as normal :lol:

The snow is unbelievable here, last time I remember it being like this was about 84!!

Oh and booked me flights to LA baby...well excited ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    'morning all...

ooOOoo.... flights to LA! When?

Daughter will be back at school today (I hope!), after being ill for a couple of days. As she likes sharing, she shared her lurgies with me and I'm feeling like crap!
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Poor Rita...feckin ungrateful kids and after all you did for her for her sweet sixteen ;)

Headin to LA end of Jan, the premiere is on lil bro's 30th!;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Lil' bro is all grown up!

Hope you guys have a great time and maybe we will be seeing you at the London premiere (to which we will be invited, of course)!!!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Irish Al wrote:
    Poor Rita...feckin ungrateful kids and after all you did for her for her sweet sixteen ;)

Have an amazing time :mrgreen: .... and damn that's a 30th to remember 8-) ... you're gonna have to go some to get him a present that will upstage all that ;):lol:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    chime wrote:
    Irish Al wrote:

Have an amazing time :mrgreen: .... and damn that's a 30th to remember 8-) ... you're gonna have to go some to get him a present that will upstage all that ;):lol:

wear your bestest birthday suit on the red carpet :shock: :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:

hope he's paying for you to fly non-cattle class! 8-)
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Hope you guys have a great time and maybe we will be seeing you at the London premiere (to which we will be invited, of course)!!!!! :mrgreen:

of course we will! and we'll all be picked up by an enormous limo with crates of champers in the back... ;)

alternatively, what was that little speech that Al gave us to get by the security guards...? :roll:
  • Options
    Afternoon all :wave:

Haven't been here for aaaaaaages!

How are we all? :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    Afternoon all :wave:

Haven't been here for aaaaaaages!

How are we all? :)

fine 'n' dandy and looking forward to 11 days off over Christmas and New Year! :D
  • Options
    Been at home today feeling REALLY grotty. Feeling better this evening. Last of the pressies ordered, important one shipped (electric guitar for G)!!!!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Been at home today feeling REALLY grotty. Feeling better this evening. Last of the pressies ordered, important one shipped (electric guitar for G)!!!!

bought one pressie, only two left to get... ;)

remember, when G's rich and famous with her band we want guaranteed free tickets (and probably zimmer frame or wheelchair access)! :twisted:
  • Options
    jrd... when she is famous, we will all have VIP access! My neighbour asked me if I considered getting her headphones to plug into her amp :roll:
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    jrd... when she is famous, we will all have VIP access! My neighbour asked me if I considered getting her headphones to plug into her amp :roll:

you should have said yes but decided to spend the money on a drum kit instead...