Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    'morning all. Been quiet on this thread :?
  • Morning ladies
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Greetings young padawans!

Woke up about 2 mins before my alarm went off and thought "this is great, no groggy brain this morning"... next thing I know I'm hopping out of the bed at 7.15 for the bus at 7.30 that's 10 mins walk away :roll: Only half an hour late \o/
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    ouch.. that "falling back to sleep and getting up in a rush" feeling...
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    so, snow this weekend, eh ?

bet we don't get any dahn sarf, like, innit...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    Not for us 'southerners' jrd.....

Can't have snow or rain or anything nasty Saturday night. Daughter's party - people need to get there. Bad enough that rugby is on.
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    It's not raining! :D It's kind of cold! :D No snow yet.. :think: But I have thermal leggins! :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    redrock wrote:
    Not for us 'southerners' jrd.....

Can't have snow or rain or anything nasty Saturday night. Daughter's party - people need to get there. Bad enough that rugby is on.

you might get away with it, if you believe this... ;)

the relevant bits being
    Winter may be coming a month earlier this year as the first nationwide snow falls are predicted to arrive from Sunday, with daytime temperatures barely crawling above zero...

...Forecaster Brian Gaze said: ‘The highest chance of snow is in the north and east, with London also at risk and higher ground in the south-east, such as the Chiltern hills, having a higher chance of snow.’ He said he had analysed weather patterns since 1994 and added: ‘I’m as sure as I can be that snow is on the way.

or, in other words "I'm staring at a bit of damp seaweed and making this all up."
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    John... we're not getting snow :roll:

On the other hand, I'm getting a big (a bit bigger than A2) gingerbread Pudsey from the bakery. Will give it to G's school so they can raffle it off. :mrgreen:
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Hope G has a wonderful party! Sure she will ;)

Very cool about the children in need pudsey :D I would be tempted to eat some though ... sure nobody would miss a hand ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • HELLO!!!! Hope all is well to my peeps across the pond......

Did I tell you folks that I was getting married?
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
    Casey!!!!!

Wow... congratulations! Tell us all about it... name? How met? When getting married, where, etc. Seems that love is in the air... Helen and Simon, Sian and Dave, Casey and ????

How about a honeymoon in Europe (obviously stopping in the UK)??

'morning everyone.
  • Morning all :wave:

Congrats newagehippie! :D

Talking weddings... my wedding jewellery arrived last night (well, some of it) and once again, I have a perfect match with my dress :o:D8-)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    Casey ... congrats!!!! :mrgreen: ... and nice of you to drop by and let us know. We miss ya ;)

Sian the stuff ordered at the wedding fair?? Glad it's a perfect match :D
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Morning all :wave:

For the first time in a long time I've got a little bit of time as working from home and assuming the little lady isn't returned from the child minders (not 100% this week) then I'll be "around" most of the day...

How is everyone?
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    Hi Dave! Stuff little lady with calpol!

How are things with you? Anything exciting happen?
    redrock wrote:
    Hi Dave! Stuff little lady with calpol!

How are things with you? Anything exciting happen?

She's resisting the evil Calpol... she used to take it no problem but last couple of days it's been a nightmare trying to get her to take it!! She's doing really well though, been walking since 10.5 months, only 3 teeth though :roll:

Things are pretty good at the moment, certainly better between Emma and I anyway, David in Brazil, Sam up in Leeds, work very busy still and still expanding, will be made up to director in April so no let up there.

Nothing earth shattering apart from that, no gigs until January (Lizzy in Bristol). How about you?
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    My cousin's son had 4 teeth last time I saw him and he was 6 months :shock: ... he does like his food though :P

Glad all looking better Dave ... did you and David sort everything out?

btw about Ray La Montagne ... I've seen him a couple of times already ... he is terrified on stage so no chat ... his voice is amazing in person though
    chime wrote:
    My cousin's son had 4 teeth last time I saw him and he was 6 months :shock: ... he does like his food though :P

Glad all looking better Dave ... did you and David sort everything out?

btw about Ray La Montagne ... I've seen him a couple of times already ... he is terrified on stage so no chat ... his voice is amazing in person though

Number 4 on it's way which may explain the last 2 nights as she was getting close to sleeping through :yawn:

Spoke to David before he went, sorted might be an exaggeration but certainly better thanks yes ;)

Really love Til The Sun Turns Black but also picked up the latest 2 albums recently which are getting some decent rotation. How's life with you?
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    Number 4 on it's way

Had a :shock: :o :shock: :o moment for a sec there thought the op may not have worked :lol:
    UKDave wrote:
    which may explain the last 2 nights as she was getting close to sleeping through :yawn: Spoke to David before he went, sorted might be an exaggeration but certainly better thanks yes ;)

Hope tooth arrives soon so you all get some more sleep (we need updated photos also ;) ) ... and glad things are better with David ... hope they get back to normal soon. He coming home for x-mas?
    UKDave wrote:
    Really love Til The Sun Turns Black but also picked up the latest 2 albums recently which are getting some decent rotation. How's life with you?

I just love his voice. Not too bad ... had all my wisdom teeth out a couple of weeks ago which wasn't fun ... and am now on the run up to x-mas. Have a couple of gigs this year ... Fistful of Mercy and The Frames.
    :lol: don't joke :shock: not had the all clear yet...

yes more photos... :? we have plenty just need to transfer them onto a memory stick

can't say I know much of either of those 2, heard of both just not heard from them...

Not sure with David over xmas depends on the visa situation, waiting to hear, Sam is with us though 8-)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    chime wrote:
    UKDave wrote:
    Number 4 on it's way

Had a :shock: :o :shock: :o moment for a sec there thought the op may not have worked :lol:

Me too!!!!!

:lol::lol:
    UKDave wrote:

Things are pretty good at the moment, certainly better between Emma and I anyway,
    UKDave wrote:
    Spoke to David before he went, sorted might be an exaggeration but certainly better thanks yes ;)

Good to hear.
    UKDave wrote:
    will be made up to director in April
    Congratulations!!!!

Sam enjoying himself in Leeds?

Not much happening here.... a bit more of the same. Rob doing OK, Gabrielle just turned 16....
    Seriously don't joke!! :?

Sam is having a blast in Leeds and hopefully getting some course work done too...

Pass my belated birthday wishes on to G and lock those doors!! :shock:
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Snow! :D Let's hope it won't all be gone by tomorrow. :P

Hi Dave! :wave:

And Casey! I think I saw somewhere that you were engaged.. :think: I may have dreamt that up, but congrats anyway! :mrgreen:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    eMMI wrote:

And Casey! I think I saw somewhere that you were engaged.. :think: I may have dreamt that up, but congrats anyway! :mrgreen:

Hey Emmi :wave:

Did I read somwhere there were some congratulations owed to you too? :eh:
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    eMMI wrote:

If you want to congratulate me on moving in with the fella, then yes. :lol:
    eMMI wrote:
    UKDave wrote:
    eMMI wrote:

Thought I'd read that somewhere... I get the occaisonal 5 mins to check up on you all you know ;):D congratulations :thumbup:
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    eMMI wrote:
    UKDave wrote:

Thought I'd read that somewhere... I get the occaisonal 5 mins to check up on you all you know ;):D congratulations :thumbup:

I know. And I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say that we appreciate every minute. :D

Thanks very much. :mrgreen:
    :lol:
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Hello my lovelies. Day off today - need to decorate cake for tomorrow!