Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    redrock wrote:
    Nothing like a bit of Alter Bridge full blast in the office when no one is here to get the day started.... :mrgreen:
    Rita indeed and a quick look at a pic of that fine fella makes it taste even better
    enjoy your 2 weeks :mrgreen:
    http://www.last.fm/music/Myles+Kennedy/+images/22371323
    Jen yay congrats ~ was it a natural Birth ??? :shock:

all cards 99% of gifts sorted in 3 days straight I'm pleased with myself.
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    He is a bit of a sexy one, isn't he? Sexy voice too..... Shame I couldn't make it to their gigs back in October :(

Well done V... 3 days... a record?
  • Options
    think it is a record !

they will come back have no fear you will get your day xxx think he is said to be singing everything on slashes next solo album
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    I will have to 'drag' G along too...

We really want to see Slash as well, obviously with Myles as his touring singer! Hopefully he will do something that will not be a festival...
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    redrock wrote:
    Emmi abandoning the kitty. :evil:

I'm not abandoning her! :o Abandoning would be me leaving her alone in the flat while I go.

Speaking of.. Could you all please put on your wishing hats and hope that my flight(s) don't get cancelled? :oops: I'm terrified they will be. Or the one from Amsterdam in particular. :cry:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    Your flights will be fine Emmi....

You and Sian call yourselves kitty mums? Pfft. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

I hope so, Amsterdam airport was closed today. :?
    redrock wrote:

Yes! 8-)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    redrock wrote:

redrock wrote:

Yes! 8-)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/36

When do you fly out?
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    eMMI wrote:
    redrock wrote:

redrock wrote:

Yes! 8-)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/36

When do you fly out?

Three-ish. :think: I've been looking at weather stuff, I'm moderately hopeful. :lol:
  • Options
    Three-ish tomorrow?
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Three-ish tomorrow?

Yeah, PM.
  • Options
    white morning to you!

Safe travels Emmi!

xxx

Running out of mince pies.... must make more but don't feel like going out in the snow to the shops to get the stuff I need to make them!
  • Options
    Hey everyone! I arrived early (early!) this morning, back at the house around 5 AM. Had to fly through Budapest and flight from there was delayed about 6 hours. :shock:

But I'm here! And so is the fella (good thing too, seeing this is his family's house :P ), only about a day late. :|:mrgreen:

Hope everyone's well!! :wave:
  • Options
    Happy you made it to destination Emmi!

Hello all...
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    wow, a blast of winter here in Sydney! 7 degrees apparent temp with wind chill, snow on the mountains down south, it is meant to be summer 8-)
    29 degrees tomorrow 8-)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Completely snowed it :D but loads of work to get done before I finish today :shock:

For the Paddys out there, we went to Tayto Park on Sunday...absolutely class. There was 20 of Mrs Al's family there and each one of us got a limited edition 6 pack of tayto on the way out...sweet :lol:
    Seeriously though, its class and a nice change from the usual attractions around Dublin.

happy PJ xmas to all you muthafuckas :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Ooo Alfred - I was reading about Tayto Park on the back of a packet of crisps a few weeks ago, didn't know if it was any good or not!

I was stuck on the M50 for 3 hours yesterday after driving from Belfast (we kept moving but hovering on 1st gear the whole way from the airport to Blackrock). It's bucketing down again here in Dublin city centre, it's worse than it was 2 weeks ago :shock: The scene outside my window is stunning though!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    'morning my lovely irish people... 'morning all!

Still white here but starting to melt a tiny bit though still can't tell the difference between the road and the sidewalk!

All prezzies received, mince pies made, xmas shopping list sorted (last food shopping on Thursday).... just need to wrap daughter's presents which we will do as soon as she goes out today.

We're ready!
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Fingers crossed for all those travelling

I'm fairly hopeful for my train to Scotland ... not so confident for my second train.

My big worry is my sis and nephews coming for their first x-mas since they moved overseas 4 years ago ... they have to change planes at Heathrow :shock: ... can see them getting stranded there on x-mas eve with no short haul flights leaving :cry:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Well Pip... we live close to Heathrow, we could always go pick up and they can crash here if they are stranded. Won't be like going home for Christmas but at least they won't be sleeping on the airport floor!

We're looking at the queues for Eurostar but I think by the time we travel, all will be sorted.
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    redrock wrote:
    Well Pip... we live close to Heathrow, we could always go pick up and they can crash here if they are stranded. Won't be like going home for Christmas but at least they won't be sleeping on the airport floor!

We're looking at the queues for Eurostar but I think by the time we travel, all will be sorted.

Thanks for the offer red ... too kind :mrgreen:

My Aunt and Uncle will fetch them if that happens so they will be with some family ... will need to explain to little boys that Santa didn't know they would get stranded and thats why no pressies though :shock:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Didn't realise you had aunties and uncles in this part of the world too!

Gabrielle out - quick... wrap her prezzies!!!
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    howdy all... wassup?
    redrock wrote:
    Still white here but starting to melt a tiny bit though still can't tell the difference between the road and the sidewalk!
    more 'light snow' forecast for today and tonight so you never know, we *might* get a partially white Christmas down here in the southern 'burbs... 8-)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    Finished up work today..... Fuck yeah!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a nice and safe xmas. Loads to get done before Saturday.
    Money, Money, Money!! Im skint.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    hello :)
    Emmi Thank You SO MUCH for the beautiful card :mrgreen: your lil mitten for christmas past is on our tree :mrgreen:
    I too hope all your travel plans go well, glad to say we dont have to go anywhere till jan 3rd. the forecast looks better as the week goes no more snow or so they are saying.

still got 2 gifts to get dont know what to get which is the problem, oh well will hit the shops tomorrow, last night great result did our xmas food shop and the place was pretty empty the snow stopped ppl going out but our trusty 4x4 van got us there and back no probs it was amazing to not be fighting to buy food and queuing for an hour to pay ! result !!!!
  • Options
    'morning everyone!

Snow is melting here, my garden is 3/4 green again....

Going to the cinema today - seeing 'The Tourist' with Depp and Jolie. Don't know if it's any good, but it's eye candy for both Rob and I! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    G'day to all. :wave:

Nice and snowy here. Like we don't have enough of that back home. :P At least in Finland, everything would still work in this weather. ;)

Poor Kirk has taken ill; :( But he's better today than tonight, I think, so that's good.

Ooh! Let us know what you think of the Tourist, Rita! We went to see the latest Harry Potter the other night. An ok film, I'll have to see them all now, cause I've read the books.
  • Options
    Didn't go in the end!!!! Instead of a quick lunch before the film, had a lovely meal, followed by desert and coffee! Then didn't feel like rushing to the cinema, so strolled along looking at shops then, guess what? A pub 'called' to us... Then it was too late for the film. :oops:

On the other hand, G and her friend did go to the cinema. Went to see Narnia. A bit of a kid's film but their own eye candy with the guy who is the prince.

Hope fella perks up quickly Emmi!
  • Options
    OK.. so.... food shopping, hang up the pictures (finally got picture hooks!), make the brioche so it can prove overnight..... That's my day.

'morning all!
  • Options
    well went to a party last night ! we were the last to leave at midnight !!! there was no music no dancing and everyone left by 12 :o since when did my friends become so F***ing old !!!!!!!!!!