Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    'mornin all.

I'm starting to panic.
    No email yet? What about your sister? Is her, and consequently my ticket ok? ;)
    Oh god, have you not had confirmations yet Damien? :?
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,410
    'mornin all.

I'm starting to panic.

That will be because you very irrationally decided to move two days before a PJ tour... bloody madman :P

That is precisely correct. it's my own fault.

And I'm going to be in internet blackout for most of the time between now and then.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    'mornin all.

I'm starting to panic.

That will be because you very irrationally decided to move two days before a PJ tour... bloody madman :P

That is precisely correct. it's my own fault.

And I'm going to be in internet blackout for most of the time between now and then.

Just make sure you've printed out all your confirmations, hotel details, flights etc and you have details of the meet-ups... and if not, i'm sure you have people's phone numbers... you'll be fine :)

Good luck with the move BTW :thumbup: Are you excited? It's your first house together with your lady isn't it?
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    'mornin all.

I'm starting to panic.
    No email yet? What about your sister? Is her, and consequently my ticket ok? ;)
    Oh god, have you not had confirmations yet Damien? :?

No, no, it's just all the thing i have to do over the next few days, and before I leave work for two weeks today.

I have my confirmations, and I have your ticket, HH.
  • Options

Just make sure you've printed out all your confirmations, hotel details, flights etc and you have details of the meet-ups... and if not, i'm sure you have people's phone numbers... you'll be fine :)
    Yeah, it's all that stuff I'm panicking about!
    Good luck with the move BTW :thumbup: Are you excited? It's your first house together with your lady isn't it?

'tis. Although she's been slumming it withmy & my old housemates (of 9 years! :o ) for the last few months. But first place of our own.
  • Options

'tis. Although she's been slumming it withmy & my old housemates (of 9 years! :o ) for the last few months. But first place of our own.

Awww I'm so happy for you! :D Looking forward to seeing you again and meeting your lovely lady next week... If you get everything done and don't oversleep, misplace your ticket confirmations in the box marked 'cutlery' or just generally meltdown ;)

Good luck! :thumbup:

• Options

Awww I'm so happy for you! :D Looking forward to seeing you again and meeting your lovely lady next week... If you get everything done and don't oversleep, misplace your ticket confirmations in the box marked 'cutlery' or just generally meltdown ;)

Good luck! :thumbup:

:shock:

Cheers Sian! I need it. :D
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Whereabouts you moving to Damien? Last time we met you were just down the road from me in Raheny.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    Whereabouts you moving to Damien? Last time we met you were just down the road from me in Raheny.

Indeed. I'll be taking my last DART home today. :( Moving to Rathmines, which has the upside of being a 7 minutes walk from work instead of a 20 min walk to the train station to wait for however long for a 20 minute train journey before a 10 minute walk home.

I've always wondered how to add more hours to the day. I think I've just found out.
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Deadly. Hope it all goes well :)
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    hey lovers, if you get a msg from a Dublin belly dancer or two !!! its my fault kinda know them through theBDance net wk and they were very sad not to have PJ tix so I told em to find you lot incase you get wind of a ticket or twooooooooo ! :lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    hey lovers, if you get a msg from a Dublin belly dancer or two !!! its my fault kinda know them through theBDance net wk and they were very sad not to have PJ tix so I told em to find you lot incase you get wind of a ticket or twooooooooo ! :lol:

I think I know someone who has two of each GA Dublin and Belfast tix going (face value) want me to ask if they're still available?

• Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    V V wrote:

I think I know someone who has two of each GA Dublin and Belfast tix going (face value) want me to ask if they're still available?
    ooo yes plzzzz :mrgreen:
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    V V wrote:

ooo yes plzzzz :mrgreen:

*texts friend and awaits reply*

*whistles and twiddles thumbs*

• Options
    He still has them! I'll put you in touch with him on facebook and here now so you can discuss :)

• Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Good work Jen! I think to save confusion we should just pick the places so let's scratch out the boat pre gig and go with the greenroom and then pick one for after!

1 very tiring hour of work left!
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Sunday night - Cocktails in Capitol Bar on Georges Street, maybe moving onto somewhere else after that

Monday evening - Sublounge/O'Reillys, under Tara St station

Tuesday evening - The Green Room, kinda behind the O2

Tuesday night - Fibbers (the NEW one, I keep saying this because there are two pubs with the same name, and ye might not want to end up in the old one), Ormond Quay beside the Four Courts.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Right I haven't printed off the Dublin drinks place info other than the Monday night drinks so Al and Jenny I'll be following you guys :mrgreen:;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    jrd wrote:
    have I ever met you jrd? I wasn't around last year, but I've been on previous tours and I know most folk on this thread.

i *think* we met at the pre-show meet up at Waxy's in 2007... :oops:
    but i could be wrong... i believe some beer was involved that evening and my memory's a bit hazy...
    Ah yes, i was there, and in my incredibly drunken state I think I introduced myself to everyone there :D You no doubt were among those everyone.

Oh everyone, as far as pre-drinks go, the boat is decent, but the Green Room is just in behind the 02 in the Luas line. before every gig they play all music from whatever band is playing and it's about a 2 minute walk from the doors.
    Just anotheridea, I don't mind where we are though.
    I don't know any of these pubs :oops: :D but I'll have my phone and will contact someone to find out where the fuck you all are whenever!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095

Indeed. I'll be taking my last DART home today. :( Moving to Rathmines, which has the upside of being a 7 minutes walk from work instead of a 20 min walk to the train station to wait for however long for a 20 minute train journey before a 10 minute walk home.

I've always wondered how to add more hours to the day. I think I've just found out.
    awwww good luck :mrgreen: adding hours to the day sounds like a great idea.

Started my birthday celebrations tonight :mrgreen: ugh... need to pack with my hangover tomorrow. :oops:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Ah martin king on a Saturday mornin on today fm never let's ya down...sittin here feedin the kids and his truckers tune for the day is Alive...I'm finished work and getting very fuckin excited :D

thanks for that Jen ;)

well done England last night...another completely inept performance...capello needs to have some balls and make the big decision to pick his most effective team and not just the best players...get rid of lampard, heskey and Lennon :)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    Irish Al wrote:
    well done England last night...another completely inept performance...capello needs to have some balls and make the big decision to pick his most effective team and not just the best players...get rid of lampard, heskey and Lennon :)

Football's not coming home - just the England team is ;(
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    So...for those of us who live in dublin...does that mean we're already on tour? Hope so.

They're here by the way and rehearsing or so im told. Its one of three different places. Id go snoop around today only Ive got my dads wedding.. Tuesday cant come fast enough.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,413
    see u ..........TOMORROW!!!!! :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Don't they always stay in the same place??? I'm pretty sure they have in the past!

Enjoy the wedding!

I'd say the lads saw what's happenin for the meet ups and said feck it we'll hit Dublin early and meet up with the Dublin crew!

My bet is on mike hittin whelans tonight ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    So...for those of us who live in dublin...does that mean we're already on tour? Hope so.

They're here by the way and rehearsing or so im told. Its one of three different places. Id go snoop around today only Ive got my dads wedding.. Tuesday cant come fast enough.

Bet ye look only smashin' all dressed up :D

I'll go snooping, these places are only down the road from me!

:shock: :shock: :shock:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Anyone know about this - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... eland.html

Being put in a museum?
  • Options
    Nope, but try the Natural History Museum.
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    Brisk. wrote:

Being put in a museum?

it actually banked on my local beach... its still in cork as far as i know and there where talks of one of the towns using it, but theres a big dispute as to which town has the right.... theres some very funny stories involving boats and chainsaws in the middle of the night...
  • Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    satansbed wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

Being put in a museum?

it actually banked on my local beach... its still in cork as far as i know and there where talks of one of the towns using it, but theres a big dispute as to which town has the right.... theres some very funny stories involving boats and chainsaws in the middle of the night...

from one of the papers

Villagers find bone to pick over whale remains

By Eoin English
    YOU’VE heard of pistols at dawn — now there’s a stand-off at low tide.

A row has flared between two west Cork villages over the remains of the giant Courtmacsherry whale.

The 20-metre 50-tonne adult female fin whale became stranded on a sandbank in Courtmacsherry Harbour last Thursday morning.

Despite heroic efforts by the Irish Whale and Dolphin Group (IWDG) and dozens of locals, the animal later died.

Now a row has flared after a group of people from Courtmacsherry tried to remove the creature’s jaw bones on Saturday.

They want to put the massive bones on display in the village in memory of the creature.

But villagers from nearby Kilbrittain blocked the operation, staking a claim on the remains.

The stand-off continued last night as efforts to broker a deal between both sides got under way.