Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    That new fibbers is also a good idea and on the luas line direct from the point outside the venue, just get off at the four courts stop. The mezz or here would be great and are only a 5 or 10 minute walk from one another. Another good idea.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    jrd..... we'll need to talk 8-) We'll probably be seeing each other at Heathrow. Have you got my mobile nr?
  • Options
    wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,413
    jrd wrote:
    Ok, conflicting information... ;)
    Jennytree wrote:
    Another session...

For anyone looking for pints after the show in Dublin, Fibbers Rock Bar (btw, this is the new one, not the old smelly one!) will be having an aftershow piss up. Get the LUAS (the tram thingy) from The O2 (aka The Point) to Four Courts, and walk towards the river (...I'm not trying to get you all killed! :lol: )

Cheap drink, daycent music, open till 3am and should be a good crowd 8-)

or
    eldarion75 wrote:
    If anyones interested, post gig drinks in the mezz in temple bar. Its a rock bar, its central, has a late licence and probably the best option given everything down ifsc direction is pretty terrible and sub closes early weekdays as jenny pointed out. Just a thought.

so which one's it going to be ? someone decide for me, or are they near each other ?

They're not too far apart - less than 5 mins? Never been to the new Fibbers but I'm drawn there out of warped nostalgia for the old one, which I used to frequent back when Pearl Jam were in short pants. :mrgreen:
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    redrock wrote:
    jrd..... we'll need to talk 8-) We'll probably be seeing each other at Heathrow. Have you got my mobile nr?

don't think i do...
    i'll pm you mine.
    and i'm seat 7C on the same flight from Heathrow. 8-)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Aah! I'm leaving on Saturday! Early (early) in the morning! Should I start packing now? :mrgreen:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    I've just finished work! I'm free for two and a half weeks!! :mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    Aah! I'm leaving on Saturday! Early (early) in the morning! Should I start packing now? :mrgreen:

Jeez woman! PACK! PACK! PACK!! :shock: :o
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    redrock wrote:

and talking of which, anyone changed their mobile numbers since last summer's shows ?
    Al, Dunk, Emmi, Soupy...?
    Can't remember who else's numbers i have buried on my phone... :oops:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    redrock wrote:

and talking of which, anyone changed their mobile numbers since last summer's shows ?

You don't have mine :P

thank fuck

:lol:

• Options
    wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,413
    edited June 2010
    eMMI wrote:

Hm... I'm moving house on Saturday. Early (early) in the morning! Should I start packing now?
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:

and make a list!!!! :lol:

i shall be doing my packing on Tuesday morning... but then i'm only going on a 2-day trip... :lol:
    think i'll manage to go hand luggage only...
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    jrd wrote:
    so which one's it going to be ? someone decide for me, or are they near each other ?

You'll make the right choice if you know what's good for you... :twisted:

Guinness is good for you... :D
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    redrock wrote:

You don't have mine :P

thank fuck

:lol:

actually i do... :shh:
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:

Only yesterday I decided what bag I'm bringing. :? And only today I got another bag, which I'll have in the plane. 8-) Don't worry though, lovely, I'll get to it. :lol:

jrd wrote:
    and make a list!!!! :lol:

That I've got covered. :D I bloody love lists. <3

Also, haven't changed my number. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    jrd wrote:
    redrock wrote:

have I ever met you jrd? I wasn't around last year, but I've been on previous tours and I know most folk on this thread.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    Hm... I'm moving house on Saturday. Early (early) in the morning! Should I start packing now?

That would actually give me a meltdown... I'm edgey for you... :?

ARE YOU MAD?!
    jrd wrote:

Really? :eh:
    eMMI wrote:

See, lists are a good (and female) thing :mrgreen:

• Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    No packing and no lists here 8-)

... at some point on Sunday (probably 22.00 - 23.00) I'll spend 10 minutes chucking whatever clothes etc are nearest at hand into a bag (which bag is also yet to be decided) ... and VOILA! :D

EDIT: sees she's just blown Sian's female/lists thing out of the water :oops: :lol:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:

Oh, lists. :D Mine aren't as high-tech as yours, but there's a lot of them. :P
    chime wrote:
    EDIT: sees she's just blown Sian's female/lists thing out of the water :oops: :lol:

Well.. There's always an exception. :geek:
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

1. they are not that good
    2. they are just for females.
    3. i've really fucked this argument up havent i?

;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

1. they are not that good
    2. they are just for females.
    3. i've really fucked this argument up havent i?

;)

Yes, yes you have... ;)

• Options
    jrd wrote:

no, i was just messing with what's left of your pre-tour-packing-addled mind... :D
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    jrd wrote:

no, i was just messing with what's left of your pre-tour-packing-addled mind... :D

:evil:

• Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Right Theirry recommended this place for pre-gig pints (on the day) for those not queing

http://www.mvcillairne.com/index.html

We'll be heading in there about 5ish (although I do have to pick up tix first). JRD I have the same number, we'll have to arrange meeting up as my mate is taking your spare so he'll have to queue with you. As I say we should be hitting Dublin about 5ish so if you want to queue up around then, we'll meet up :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    have I ever met you jrd? I wasn't around last year, but I've been on previous tours and I know most folk on this thread.

i *think* we met at the pre-show meet up at Waxy's in 2007... :oops:
    but i could be wrong... i believe some beer was involved that evening and my memory's a bit hazy...
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Right Theirry recommended this place for pre-gig pints (on the day) for those not queing

We'll be heading in there about 5ish (although I do have to pick up tix first). JRD I have the same number, we'll have to arrange meeting up as my mate is taking your spare so he'll have to queue with you. As I say we should be hitting Dublin about 5ish so if you want to queue up around then, we'll meet up :D

We'll probably be there... we have seats for Dublin :)

• Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    jrd wrote:

i *think* we met at the pre-show meet up at Waxy's in 2007... :oops:
    but i could be wrong... i believe some beer was involved that evening and my memory's a bit hazy...
    Ah yes, i was there, and in my incredibly drunken state I think I introduced myself to everyone there :D You no doubt were among those everyone.

Oh everyone, as far as pre-drinks go, the boat is decent, but the Green Room is just in behind the 02 in the Luas line. before every gig they play all music from whatever band is playing and it's about a 2 minute walk from the doors.
    Just anotheridea, I don't mind where we are though.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:

i think it's fairly safe to say that i won't be queuing!
    like i said somewhere else, flight's supposed to be in around 15:30, then have to get to hotel (Jurys Inn on Parnell Street) and pick up the tickets so hopefully will be free for beer around 17:00 as well. no point queuing that late so might as well meet up in the pub for a couple of refreshing orange juices... ;) waddya think ?
  • Options
    jrd wrote:

:evil:

hmmm... are you 'Evil' or 'Very Mad' ?
    i suspect neither of those is a good thing for my health come next week... :o;)
  • Options
    GetALifeGetALife Posts: 554
    opener - prediction:

W A S H
    # 2000: Hamburg # 2006: Berlin # 2007: Munich * Dusseldorf # 2009: Berlin * Manchester * London # 2010: Dublin * Belfast * Berlin # 2012: Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen # 2014: Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2 # EV 2017: Berlin ____  * 2018: Amsterdam I & II * Prague * Krakow * Berlin # 2022: Berlin- Vienna - Prague - Amsterdam I - Amsterdam II
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Trust the Irish to have disputes over where the drinking occurs :lol:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!