Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Irish Al wrote:
    Rita they look superb, well done Dunkypoos...can I assume that you would have a couple of each for me and the missus???? ;)
    :
    8-)
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Man I've got serious butterflies about next week...it cant come quick enough (unlike jrd apparently ;) ).

Its wonderful wednesday people...I may be posting complete and utter bullshit at about 1am :lol: (and yes it will be different bullshit than my usual bullshit)

:twisted:

I have butterflies too :oops: I've never done a Euro tour before... and i'm not overly fond of flying... Still, worth it to see PJ and you lot again :D

Why will you be posting more shite than usual at 1am?
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    chime wrote:
    Just printed off my itinerary for next week :mrgreen:

STP tonight so I may too be frequenting the internets late this evening 8-);)
    shoot some videos please :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Another session...

For anyone looking for pints after the show in Dublin, Fibbers Rock Bar (btw, this is the new one, not the old smelly one!) will be having an aftershow piss up. Get the LUAS (the tram thingy) from The O2 (aka The Point) to Four Courts, and walk towards the river (...I'm not trying to get you all killed! :lol: )

Cheap drink, daycent music, open till 3am and should be a good crowd 8-)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Confirmation mails are arriving... it's finally happening! :D:D:D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Yep.. it's all real now Jenny!
  • Options
    jdelinjdelin Posts: 189
    I got both my final confirmations for the show and for my airfare/hotel today. Can't wait!!!!

NY 9/29/96; NJ 9/8/98; NY 9/10/98; NY 8/24/00; Mansfield 7/2/03; Mansfield 7/11/03; Boston 9/28/04 (VFC); Post-Letterman, NY 5/4/06; Boston 5/24/06; Boston 5/25/06; Mansfield 6/28/08; Mansfield 6/30/08; Boston 5/17/10; Dublin 6/22/10; Alpine Valley 9/3/11; Alpine Valley 9/4/11; Worcester 10/15/13; Worcester 10/16/13; Brooklyn 10/18/13; Philadelphia 4/29/16; Boston 8/5/16; Boston 8/7/16, Seattle 8/8/18, Seattle 8/10/18, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18

Mike Watt featuring EV, NY 4/27/95; Three Fish w/JA, NY 7/11/96; Three Fish w/JA, NY 6/11/99; EV Solo, Boston 8/1/08, Tres Mts. w/JA & MM, Boston 3/27/11; EV Solo, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Jennytree wrote:
    Another session...

For anyone looking for pints after the show in Dublin, Fibbers Rock Bar (btw, this is the new one, not the old smelly one!) will be having an aftershow piss up. Get the LUAS (the tram thingy) from The O2 (aka The Point) to Four Courts, and walk towards the river (...I'm not trying to get you all killed! :lol: )

What time are you planning on driving the next day? :? ;)
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    chime wrote:
    Just printed off my itinerary for next week :mrgreen:

STP tonight so I may too be frequenting the internets late this evening 8-);)
    shoot some videos please :)

I have a clip of "Trippin' on a hole in a paper heart" on facebk.
    Great gig.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Speaking of the great STP gig in Dublin on Monday night, the plan was to meet Al and a few other mates in the bar next to the venue. Anyway everyone had arrived except Al so I looked out the window of the bar and who do I see across the street??

Al waiting at the crossing with none other than Eric Kretz and Robert Deleo. Nice entrance Al. ;)

Anyway... great fuckin gig.

So I got to see RATM, Paul McCartney and STP over the last week or so. Great opening acts for the main event on Tuesday!
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    Al waiting at the crossing with none other than Eric Kretz and Robert Deleo. Nice entrance Al. ;)

arsey barstard!! :lol: always the one to show off
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    What can I say the lads stopped me inthe street for an autograph!

Wonderful Wednesday did happen, yes impissed and 4 the first time am happy for auto spelling!!

Right it looks like the plan on the day is pints in the ship down the road from the point! ;)

Can you believe I have 6pj novices comin!!
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    'morning all.

The ship down the point... 'til what time?
  • Options
    What time are you planning on driving the next day? :? ;)

*ahem*... sometime before 6?! :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    ooooooo fab don't forget save couple badges for me pleaseeeeeeee
    I'm in beautiful Devon for the day. Off tobeach in a mo. Home again tonite. Where the big pack down begins !
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    Badges will be sent V! Have a lovely day in Devon, recharge before the big pack!
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Eric was sound, had a great chat with him...Robert was pretty ignorant!

Got a snack box last night after pints and my stomach was in bits all night and is still killin me :(

on the plus side...only two days left of work...woohoo!!

The lads are so revved up for PJ next week!
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    V V wrote:
    ooooooo fab don't forget save couple badges for me pleaseeeeeeee
    I'm in beautiful Devon for the day. Off tobeach in a mo. Home again tonite. Where the big pack down begins !
    hi V V is there any way of telling you apart from others in the tipi field at glasto ??.
    cos if its ok with you id like to pop by and say hello .
  • Options
    yahoo1st.gif

in 3 days ill be in Ireland!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Anywhere between 17 and 20 degrees for the next few days, odd chance of rain on Monday :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Anywhere between 17 and 20 degrees for the next few days, odd chance of rain on Monday :D
    :o now its 38 here :roll:
  • Options
    The amount of stickies is decreasing 8-)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Feel like a horse champing at the bit waiting for the start of a race. Why isnt it tuesday already?? Im sure im not alone..

If anyones interested, post gig drinks in the mezz in temple bar. Its a rock bar, its central, has a late licence and probably the best option given everything down ifsc direction is pretty terrible and sub closes early weekdays as jenny pointed out. Just a thought.

Thanks for all your efforts sorting the pre drinks evening as well jenny. Your a top bird! X
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Oh and would everyone please go post in the play oceans in dublin thread? Pretty please? They seem to be reading the board these days and If they were to play it id then owe you all a pint each. Deal ? Gwan ye know you want to. Do it for the beer if not the love of Oceans!
  • Options
    I checked the weather too... 30% chance of storms on Monday in Dublin!

Still, looks like it'll be nice and warm-ish :mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Irish Al wrote:
    Right it looks like the plan on the day is pints in the ship down the road from the point! ;)

easy to find for a Dublin novice ?

right, how expensive is Dublin ? i don't arrive until 3:30-ish on the 22nd and then have to get from the airport, check in to the hotel and pick up the tickets before beer time! i've got 50 euros left over from recent hols, Al owes me at least 6000 for my spare ;) and i'll pay for me hotel with the plastic, surely i won't need more than that...?
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Ok, conflicting information... ;)
    Jennytree wrote:
    Another session...

or
    eldarion75 wrote:
    If anyones interested, post gig drinks in the mezz in temple bar. Its a rock bar, its central, has a late licence and probably the best option given everything down ifsc direction is pretty terrible and sub closes early weekdays as jenny pointed out. Just a thought.

so which one's it going to be ? someone decide for me, or are they near each other ?
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Feel like a horse champing at the bit waiting for the start of a race. Why isnt it tuesday already?? Im sure im not alone..

Thanks for all your efforts sorting the pre drinks evening as well jenny. Your a top bird! X

Nay bother, no effort on my part really!

Also, please please please give the musicians mucho mucho thanks! I've been feck all help to them really, but they're really doing me (and us all) a huuuge favour!

Also, I suggested post-gig drinks in the new Fibs as it's open till 3am and all drinks are €4, plus there's no walking into town involved as you can get the LUAS straight there.
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    so which one's it going to be ? someone decide for me, or are they near each other ?

You'll make the right choice if you know what's good for you... :twisted:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    Irish Al wrote:

easy to find for a Dublin novice ?

right, how expensive is Dublin ? i don't arrive until 3:30-ish on the 22nd and then have to get from the airport, check in to the hotel and pick up the tickets before beer time! i've got 50 euros left over from recent hols, Al owes me at least 6000 for my spare ;) and i'll pay for me hotel with the plastic, surely i won't need more than that...?

Taxi or bus?

Say, bus, €6
    taxi @ €20 (on yer own)
    Food @ €10
    pints @ €5 each (one for us all, two for me etc...)
    Breakfast roll and bottle of lucozade the next day : €6
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!