Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    That place sounds cool Hitchy, that'll do nicely...can ya post the info for all to see??

JRD only thing is my mate is takin your spare so doesn't he have to queue with you?
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
  • Options

Fo sho... :D

What time's everyone getting there?
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    jrd wrote:

no, i was just messing with what's left of your pre-tour-packing-addled mind... :D

:evil:

hmmm... are you 'Evil' or 'Very Mad' ?
    i suspect neither of those is a good thing for my health come next week... :o;)

Generally seeing me again, I predict, won't be good for your health :twisted:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options

Fo sho... :D

What time's everyone getting there?

Whenever the hangover from the night before allows :D

Think they'll show the footie :P
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Thought the "Party boat" was the nearest bar to the O2 but the Green room bar sounds great.
    See ye there!!
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    So, just to nicely keep track of things...

Here's a LIST!

Saturday night - maybe Whelans?

Sunday night - Cocktails in Capitol Bar on Georges Street, maybe moving onto somewhere else after that

Monday - on the knack somewhere

Monday evening - Sublounge/O'Reillys, under Tara St station

Tuesday evening - The Big Ship Thing in the river, or The Green Room, kinda behind the O2

Tuesday night - Fibbers (the NEW one, I keep saying this because there are two pubs with the same name, and ye might not want to end up in the old one), Ormond Quay beside the Four Courts, or The Mezz, t'oder side of the river to Fibbers.

Wednesday - Train for most of you!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:

Here's a LIST!

Sunday night - Cocktails in Capitol Bar on Georges Street, maybe moving onto somewhere else after that

Tuesday evening - The Big Ship Thing in the river, or The Green Room, kinda behind the O2

Tuesday night - Fibbers (the NEW one, I keep saying this because there are two pubs with the same name, and ye might not want to end up in the old one), Ormond Quay beside the Four Courts, or The Mezz, t'oder side of the river to Fibbers.

Fuck that lot... I'm lost just reading it. I'll text people and see where you all are.

• Options

Fuck that lot... I'm lost just reading it. I'll text people and see where you all are.

But I put effort into it :cry::cry: and put the links in an' all :cry::cry:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:

But I put effort into it :cry::cry: and put the links in an' all :cry::cry:

I appreciate your effort Jennifer :D

However, I know that we wwill be going to O'Reilly's on Monday night and then onto wherever everyone else goes... Tuesday I'm confused as to whether we're gonna be drinking on a big ship or in The Green Room... and after the gig it will be dark so not only will I be extra confused as everything looks different in the dark and i'll probably get lost but also, i'll probably end up in the wrong place anyway, even if I think I know where i'm going.

You have to bare in mind that i've only been abroad twice before... once on a school trip and once to Belfast with someone who knew the city... I don't like big cities (Pip has to look after me in our own Capital FFS! :roll: ) and also, i'm not the sharpest tool in the box ;)

• Options
    I know, I know ;) Just follow me, you'll be grand!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    is jurys inn custom house near to the o2 arena, i mean walking distance? and is there a multi storey car park there so i can leave my dog in the car in the shade IF it is a hot day? any help greatly appreciated, thanks
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    I know, I know ;) Just follow me, you'll be grand!

That's what i'm planning on doing, my little babooshka! ;)

Your number is on speed dial... make sure you answer your bloody phone :P

• Options
    is jurys inn custom house near to the o2 arena, i mean walking distance? and is there a multi storey car park there so i can leave my dog in the car in the shade IF it is a hot day? any help greatly appreciated, thanks

It certainly is walking distance, just walk along the river away from the city centre. It'll take you 10mins or so.

As for the car parks... haven't a clue! I know there's one around Abbey St., but I think most of the ones around the IFSC are private and would be closed once employee's leave.
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    ok cool thanks, im sure once i get there i will find a multi storey within walking distance, its just pre travel panic i think!!! thanks again
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I'm staying at the Jury's Inn Custom House too!!!! But I don't have a dog to worry about.
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Jennytree wrote:

Here's a LIST!

:lol:

i suspect that tomorrow and Monday i shall largely be printing out maps of Dublin and Belfast, and lists of directions to various pubs... and where they are in relation to my hotels... 8-)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Irish Al wrote:
    That place sounds cool Hitchy, that'll do nicely...can ya post the info for all to see??

JRD only thing is my mate is takin your spare so doesn't he have to queue with you?

don't think so. i just go and collect my tickets and wristbands with my photo ID and then... that's it. all i need to do then is meet up with you and hand the ticket and wristband over in exchange for a large wad of beer tokens. there's no name or anything on the ticket so we don't have to hold hands in the queue or anything ;)

10C email just says that the early entry starts at 6:15, and for everyone else it's 6:30 - you planning on getting in early ?
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Em....i hate being a negative nelly but is Belfast not the night directly after dublin? As in the Belfast gig is the 22nd which is wednesday?

Just wonderin. If not my tour manager is all sorts of wrong.
  • Options
    Good morning all!!!! Even though I'm REALLY tired, I'm excited! :mrgreen:

Went to the restaurant last night and the coffee I had after the meal was called a...............floater :? After I ordered it, my daughter could not stop laughing. Once she explained things to the frenchie, I had two 15 year olds in tears under the table!
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Em....i hate being a negative nelly but is Belfast not the night directly after dublin? As in the Belfast gig is the 22nd which is wednesday?

Just wonderin. If not my tour manager is all sorts of wrong.

:lol: The Belfast gig is the 23rd, which is a Wednesday
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Awwwww.... Gabrielle has just seen lil' frenchie off. She told me that Clarisse was in tears because she really enjoyed staying with us! How sweet is that :)
  • Options
    OK... so just got myself a ticket for TCV at Brixton. Not sure I can make it, but just in case. Didn't want to be left at home on the day (or night!) when I could actually have gone. Damn... I'm a nutter.
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    morning :D plenty of plans for fun always good to see.
    got back from my 24 in devon very late last night, it was damn beautiful tho. kids ended up in the sea like all good kids hahaha

now lots of Tea and Glasto Packing :roll:
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Awwwww.... Gabrielle has just seen lil' frenchie off. She told me that Clarisse was in tears because she really enjoyed staying with us! How sweet is that :)

We know how lil' frenchie feels :oops: :lol:

Morning all! :wave:

I too am packing with lots of tea today V, I have Showbox on at the min, full blast, to accompany me :D

• Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Oh no...I really hope Weve got the right dates booked for flights n stuff..
  • Options
    wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,413
    'mornin all.

I'm starting to panic.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    'mornin all.

I'm starting to panic.

That will be because you very irrationally decided to move two days before a PJ tour... bloody madman :P

• Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    'mornin all.

I'm starting to panic.
    No email yet? What about your sister? Is her, and consequently my ticket ok? ;)
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me