Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    redrock wrote:
    I'm excited again...

careful when you book your summer hols...! 8-)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Oooo I'm all excited!

Imma do a campervan roadtrip :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    jrd wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    I'm excited again...

careful when you book your summer hols...! 8-)

Told Rob... no bookings until we know more! Maybe I will get to hear Release live this time around....
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    redrock wrote:
    jrd wrote:
    i see it says the prize includes "accomodation (or camping passes if this is a festival date)"... i hope they don't do anything silly like only play festivals in this country (like 2006), or go and appear at Glastonbury (i see U2 have been lined up as Glasto's Friday-night headliners for next year)... :

I do hope it won't be all festies... though the 'OR camping....' may suggest it could be a bit of both. SURELY not Glasto... I don't have tix. VV would be happy though.. she always goes! **Thinks of getting G making loads of jewelly so we can get a stall at Glasto so we can go as traders***

thats the Stones and U2 leaving 1 head liner spot open :mrgreen:

*does a wishful thinking happy dance*
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    V V wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    jrd wrote:
    i see it says the prize includes "accomodation (or camping passes if this is a festival date)"... i hope they don't do anything silly like only play festivals in this country (like 2006), or go and appear at Glastonbury (i see U2 have been lined up as Glasto's Friday-night headliners for next year)... :

I do hope it won't be all festies... though the 'OR camping....' may suggest it could be a bit of both. SURELY not Glasto... I don't have tix. VV would be happy though.. she always goes! **Thinks of getting G making loads of jewelly so we can get a stall at Glasto so we can go as traders***

thats the Stones and U2 leaving 1 head liner spot open :mrgreen:

*does a wishful thinking happy dance*

Jay Z again :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    I just had a wee accident in me pants when I read that...oh happy happy dance :twisted:

Hows my peeps??

Soupy glad you had a ball ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Dublin crew..I'm normally simon sceptical about these kinda things but this tour looks real and would make sense given the brevity of this years 'tour' here in Europe.

Can we have the point to close out the tour this year instead of opening here for a change??

Im getting a job as a charity mugger if i have to..doing all these dates no matter where in europe they may be..
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Dublin crew..I'm normally simon sceptical about these kinda things but this tour looks real and would make sense given the brevity of this years 'tour' here in Europe.

Can we have the point to close out the tour this year instead of opening here for a change??

Im getting a job as a charity mugger if i have to..doing all these dates no matter where in europe they may be..

I hear ya...think missus Al was a bit relieved when I said there was a good chance they wouldnt be here next year (purely cause PJ pretty much bankrupts every year and takes up our hols :lol: )...think I might go wake her up and give her the good news :lol:

Although she did say that hanging out with the crew was savage craic in the summer and the o2 was possibly her best PJ gig ever (including Slane 93) 8-)
    I need a coffee!
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Funny ''cos I come the other way..Pj is the only vacation I ever really take 'cos I hate flying..I'm definitely doing as many of these shows as possible though..pretty much the only thing that gets me on a plane is Pj..another summer skidding around Europe? heaven :)
    Irish Al wrote:
    I just had a wee accident in me pants when I read that...oh happy happy dance :twisted:

Hows my peeps??

Good thing you are doing a happy dance Alfonse..... 'cause we're all staying at your place when PJ play Ireland!

Good morning everyone!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Seems like I've caused maximum chaos with minimum effort ... job done :D :twisted: :mrgreen:

... now just have to hope it's legit :shifty: :oops:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • chime wrote:
    Seems like I've caused maximum chaos with minimum effort ... job done :D :twisted: :mrgreen:

great job indeed :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    chime wrote:

I'm not even excited yet, I'm just shocked. :shock:

this means (if legit.. ) that I'm gonna have to start saving up soon. and I hate saving.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    Irish Al wrote:

Hows my peeps??

you had a 'wee accident' when you read that Jay Z might headline Glasto again...???!!!! :o

:lol::lol::lol:

:roll:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Funny ''cos I come the other way..Pj is the only vacation I ever really take 'cos I hate flying..I'm definitely doing as many of these shows as possible though..pretty much the only thing that gets me on a plane is Pj..another summer skidding around Europe? heaven :)

I'm serious about driving around if I can, cos of my stoopid ears and the pain of it all. Maybe drive around the mainland and fly to the likes of the UK/ Scandanavia. Yer more than welcome to tag along :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    eldarion75 wrote:

I'm serious about driving around if I can, cos of my stoopid ears and the pain of it all. Maybe drive around the mainland and fly to the likes of the UK/ Scandanavia. Yer more than welcome to tag along :D

Don't forget me. Im dying to go to a few shows in the new year.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    should we arrange the pre party for the dublin show already ;)
    I was thinking about that on the way home!

Green Room would probably be the best place methinks. Phantom would advertise, and we could raise a few quid for the Wishlist Foundation!

Btw, for all the folks who are actually IN Ireland:

Pearl Jem!

Saturday 23rd Jan - Spirit Store, Dundalk
    Friday 29th Jan - Backroom, Navan
    Friday 5th Feb - Spring & Airbrake, Belfast

Go if you can! You'll see some awesome Ed Vedder-esque dancing!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    Jennytree wrote:
    I was thinking about that on the way home!

Green Room would probably be the best place methinks. Phantom would advertise, and we could raise a few quid for the Wishlist Foundation!

Btw, for all the folks who are actually IN Ireland:

Pearl Jem!

Saturday 23rd Jan - Spirit Store, Dundalk
    Friday 29th Jan - Backroom, Navan
    Friday 5th Feb - Spring & Airbrake, Belfast

Go if you can! You'll see some awesome Ed Vedder-esque dancing!

thats a really good idea,

maybe we could get an auction going or something too
    Good Morning people.....
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    morning beautiful red lady !
    and the rest of ya ! xxx :mrgreen:
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    dublin show next year looks like a cert folks!!!!!
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
    Hey Dylan! Have I missed something, somewhere? A dead cert?
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    I bumped into Stone in our hotel bar in Rotterdam in August - he told me then they had plans to come back to Ireland in 2010 - when i said to him it'd be great if they came to northern ireland he said 'ah i'm not sure about that though' so... plans were definitely afoot and likely already made

kelly curtis was sitting in the corner so i shoulda just went over and asked him... ;) (but i didn't want to appear like the raging supermaniac pearljam fan that i am - haha :mrgreen:
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
    belfast1 wrote:
    I bumped into Stone in our hotel bar in Rotterdam in August - he told me then they had plans to come back to Ireland in 2010 - when i said to him it'd be great if they came to northern ireland he said 'ah i'm not sure about that though' so... plans were definitely afoot and likely already made

kelly curtis was sitting in the corner so i shoulda just went over and asked him... ;) (but i didn't want to appear like the raging supermaniac pearljam fan that i am - haha :mrgreen:

:D:mrgreen: You're just too 'cool'. I would have gone to Curtis!
    hope they do Dublin on a Friday or Saturday so i can persuade 'er indoors that we should have a weekend away, then break it to her that it will be somewhat PJ-themed...! :D
    Well I'd certainly like to give it a try anyway. The way the pre-parties are run in the States is quite admirable, and there was a similar vibe in Manchester when the tribute band played the night before the show.

I'll see what I can do anyway, I'll have a proper think about it when things are confirmed.

I'd be delighted if they played around Paddy's Day though, that'd be awesome!

Dublin Crew might be fully reunited after nearly 4 long years apart :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    Dublin Crew might be fully reunited after nearly 4 long years apart :lol:

:mrgreen::mrgreen: I told Rob that if they play Dublin, we must go!
  • ok..im confused a little with the posts.where is the best places to play in Ireland???
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • danleridanleri Posts: 497
    ok..im confused a little with the posts.where is the best places to play in Ireland???

well the place is definitely the "sigh" former Point... now called... guess what... O2...

Saw PJ there in 2006 and it was great, and now the venue is bigger and better...
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14