Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• danleri wrote:
    ok..im confused a little with the posts.where is the best places to play in Ireland???

well the place is definitely the "sigh" former Point... now called... guess what... O2...

Saw PJ there in 2006 and it was great, and now the venue is bigger and better...
    Indoor???actually i think Ireland has a lot of green...any place outdoor in the woods or something??
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • danleridanleri Posts: 497
    danleri wrote:
    ok..im confused a little with the posts.where is the best places to play in Ireland???

well the place is definitely the "sigh" former Point... now called... guess what... O2...

Saw PJ there in 2006 and it was great, and now the venue is bigger and better...
    Indoor???actually i think Ireland has a lot of green...any place outdoor in the woods or something??

oh yes plenty!

Malahide Castle for instance... pretty big grounds but maybe too big... the ideal would be a place like Berlin Wulheide but we don't have it here in Dublin, not that I know of...
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    There are a few outdoor venues - my favourite being Slane Castle in Meath (beside my mammy and daddys :lol: ) They played there in 1993 and it's been my dream to see them there. Greenday have been confirmed to play there this year.

Few others - Oxegen Festival (Kildare) and Electric Picnic festival (Laois); Malahide Castle, Marley Park, Phoenix Park and the RDS in Dublin. There are a few others but they would be the main ones. Slane and Oxegen would have a capacity of about 80,000 +, EP about 30k, the others about the same.

Indoors in Dublin - The O2 would be the main place they would play. Maybe the RDS indoor Arena. There are a good few smaller capacity places (Vicar St., Button Factory, Olympia, Academy etc) but they would be more in a Shepherds Bush style show. The Ambassador would've been awesome but it's now hosting the CSI experience before being changed into a library!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    hmm if its april, may, june direction they are going to play the new landsdown could be an option.

or Thomond in Limrick
  • danleridanleri Posts: 497
    Jennytree wrote:
    There are a few outdoor venues - my favourite being Slane Castle in Meath (beside my mammy and daddys :lol: ) They played there in 1993 and it's been my dream to see them there. Greenday have been confirmed to play there this year.

Few others - Oxegen Festival (Kildare) and Electric Picnic festival (Laois); Malahide Castle, Marley Park, Phoenix Park and the RDS in Dublin. There are a few others but they would be the main ones. Slane and Oxegen would have a capacity of about 80,000 +, EP about 30k, the others about the same.

Indoors in Dublin - The O2 would be the main place they would play. Maybe the RDS indoor Arena. There are a good few smaller capacity places (Vicar St., Button Factory, Olympia, Academy etc) but they would be more in a Shepherds Bush style show. The Ambassador would've been awesome but it's now hosting the CSI experience before being changed into a library!

I see RDS and O2 like the main places... but imagine an orde of PJ fans q'ing outside the Olympia and invading Dame Street! ahah I'd love to see that!

I saw Dinosaur Jr at the Academy and I'm going to see Gomez there this Sat, not a PJ-style venue but hey it would be fantastic indeed! Vicar St. even better! Love that place!

As for outdoor venues and festivals... Electic Picnic is in September and we're all talking about PJ coming in March, if I've followed all the threads right so far... Slane would be great too!
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
    satansbed wrote:
    hmm if its april, may, june direction they are going to play the new landsdown could be an option.

or Thomond in Limrick

Nah Lansdowne ain't ready till at least August!

They could choose Thomand Park, or Pearce Stadium in Galway? Back to Millstreet, or the NEC in Killarney...

The list is endless :D

In March though? It'd have to be indoors.
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • thats what i was talking about...
    Slane Castle

concerts.jpg
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Jennytree wrote:

Definitely ... if I remember correctly it wasn't toasty in August :shock: :lol:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Jennytree wrote:
    satansbed wrote:

or Thomond in Limrick

Nah Lansdowne ain't ready till at least August!

They could choose Thomand Park, or Pearce Stadium in Galway? Back to Millstreet, or the NEC in Killarney...

The list is endless :D

i dunno theres a match booked there for april
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    oh the ulster hall in belfast would be cool - thats where led zeppelin premiered stairway to heaven back in the seventies - it's recently been refurbished and the sound is amazing...

us belfastians can but hope!!! :mrgreen:
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
    if its in the summer maybe the marquee and then oxegen
    I hate Oxegen :(

It's over-priced shite full of knackers who are let out of the Northside for the day... :thumbdown:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    edited November 2009
    satansbed wrote:

or Thomond in Limrick

better not be April or anything before that. :shock: I'd really want some definite info now.. 1) for saving's sake 2) if I'm gonna try and get into schools next spring.. I dunno.. things might get complicated. :shock:

I'm annoyed today. :x hope everyone else is grand. :mrgreen:
    Post edited by eMMI on
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    Jennytree wrote:

It's over-priced shite full of knackers who are let out of the Northside for the day... :thumbdown:

yeah but there is an easy way to avoid them, just dont go to the dance tent :)
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Jennytree wrote:

I take exception to that. The biggest, messiest, most aggro wreck the head element at Poxegen are 'the lads form the country like!! who go to wan cahncert a yeeer like!' and behave like fucking animals while there. Sure, theres definitely a Dublin element to that too, but they're vastly outnumbered in my experience and ..

to my great and eternal sadness...

both fucking elements have discovered electric picnic and are ruining it as well. There was a knacker element there this year that never was there before and it'll be worst next year. Fucking shame 'cos it's a magical three days where people are the best humans they can possibly be in almost every instance.

I'd love Pj to play Electric Picnic but it will probably never happen as Pj are contracted to MCD strictly. Live nation now have a stake in EP though so it might as well.

Oxegen is death. I probably wouldnt go to it if Pj were to be playing it. It's that bad.
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

I take exception to that. The biggest, messiest, most aggro wreck the head element at Poxegen are 'the lads form the country like!! who go to wan cahncert a yeeer like!' and behave like fucking animals while there. Sure, theres definitely a Dublin element to that too, but they're vastly outnumbered in my experience and ..

to my great and eternal sadness...

both fucking elements have discovered electric picnic and are ruining it as well. There was a knacker element there this year that never was there before and it'll be worst next year. Fucking shame 'cos it's a magical three days where people are the best humans they can possibly be in almost every instance.

I'd love Pj to play Electric Picnic but it will probably never happen as Pj are contracted to MCD strictly. Live nation now have a stake in EP though so it might as well.

Oxegen is death. I probably wouldnt go to it if Pj were to be playing it. It's that bad.

isnt that what most festivals are like tho, your not really going to sit around in a field all day and not go a bit mad
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    There's 'a bit mad' and then there's pissing on peoples tents, robbing peoples entire tents, burning peoples tents, starting fights for no good reason whatsoever, and all that on top of over priced reeeeeaallly shit food and drink. Oxegen is hell on earth seriously.
    eldarion75 wrote:
    There's 'a bit mad' and then there's pissing on peoples tents, robbing peoples entire tents, burning peoples tents, starting fights for no good reason whatsoever, and all that on top of over priced reeeeeaallly shit food and drink. Oxegen is hell on earth seriously.
    yeah i agree that is abit much but i have to say the past 2 years ive been there hasnt been as much as i thought there would be
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I'm so clever... just saved ourselves +/- £3000
    redrock wrote:

Port is good too (I guess :) ) What about Cointreau or Grand Marnier? That's good in the mince pies too!

Mulled wine.... dead easy. Wine (cheap or good stuff), sugar, an orange poked with a few cloves, a sliced orange (with the zest separate), a sliced lemon (with the zest separate), a stick or two of cinnamon, a bit of crushed ginger, a scrunched up bay leaf and a bit of brandy (which you don't like) or Cointreau - NO PORT!!!! If you don't like the Cointreau either, you don't need to add it.

Put it all in a pot and let simmer for a while (not boil or the alcohol will totally evaporate and it will lose it's taste). Once all nicely simmered and the flavours have mixed, take out all the bits and pieces (if there is still 'juice' left in the orange and lemon slices, squish them in the wine). Strain the mulled wine (to get all the last little bits and pieces out). When you serve, you can add a lil' slice of orange & lemon or the zests or whatever takes your fancy.

Proportions for the above are really dependant on taste and how much wine you start with and how cheap or not the wine is (the cheaper wine will probably need a bit more sugar!). If you're not making much, maybe use a satsuma or a couple of clementines instead of the oranges. Clementines (the little ones...) are REALLY nice - I prefer them to oranges in the mulled wine.

mmmmmm... mulled wine......

hmm whod of thunk id be using a recipie from the boards ever,

haha thanks i really cant wait for it to be ready
  • redrock wrote:
    i wish it will be this nmber..but the transfer from here +hotel ,couse some of u will be staying out your homes ,will put this number for me more up.. :roll:
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    satansbed wrote:

ooOOoo... gonna be nice!
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    redrock wrote:

Huh? :?

So how do I put piccies on here then??
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Put them on flickr/photobucket then use the img code that appears up ^^ when typing a reply
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    chime wrote:
    Put them on flickr/photobucket then use the img code that appears up ^^ when typing a reply

Not on either of those... nothing simpler?

edit: here goes...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16089105@N02/4139675192/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/16089105@N02/4139675108/

does that work??
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    edited November 2009
    UKDave wrote:
    chime wrote:

does that work??

yup.
    i'd say 'awwwww... cute' but that's not really the thing that blokes say is it...? so... it's a baby, it's asleep, have a beer, Dave... 8-)

edit: just seen pic number 2 so, oh no, it's waking up, put the beer down, you're on duty... :roll:

p.s. i know, i know, 'she'....
    Post edited by jrd on
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    jrd wrote:
    UKDave wrote:
    chime wrote:

does that work??

yup.
    i'd say 'awwwww... cute' but that's not really the thing that blokes say is it...? so... it's a baby, it's asleep, have a beer, Dave... 8-)

Only that doesn't reflect her current state....
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    UKDave wrote:

ooops, sorry, hope i didn't wake her...

*yawns*

i'm off to bed :D
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    redrock wrote:
    satansbed wrote:

ooOOoo... gonna be nice!

it was, suprisingly two bottles of wine doesnt go that far tho
    jrd wrote:
    UKDave wrote:

ooops, sorry, hope i didn't wake her...

*yawns*

i'm off to bed :D

...and relax... :roll:
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12