Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    me either but i did make cards for my mum & dad and one each for the kids along with a bar of chocolate ! :D, oh and bought a bottle of carva for me and P.

Happy Valentines day PJ Dublin Crew ~ LOVE YOU ALL XXXXXXX
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    V V wrote:
    me either but i did make cards for my mum & dad and one each for the kids along with a bar of chocolate ! :D, oh and bought a bottle of carva for me and P.

that's nice. more than I've done anyway. :lol:

I put a sticker that says Happy Valentine's Day (in Finnish of course) on my work hoodie.
    V V wrote:
    Happy Valentines day PJ Dublin Crew ~ LOVE YOU ALL XXXXXXX

Hyvää Ystävänpäivää my lovelies!!! *hugs*
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Happy Valentine's day to all you lovelies

G went to her musical theatre classes this morning, so we were on our own for a bit ;)

Lovely sunshiny day too !
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    i did no scrounging...
    i go to buy you pints, but you want to go home to your hotels and sleep!

you think me and Mrs Me went back to the hotel to sleep...! :twisted:
    *sigh* you know me too well... ;)

Al - he'll be over next European tour, we'll get him then...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    jrd wrote:
    i did no scrounging...

Don't kid yourself, he'll end up staying in our houses, eating our food, tryin it on with our missus' and drinkin our booze, then we'll end up taking him out for pints and paying all night....that lad has magical powers :evil:

Belated Happy V's day to you all...hope you all got lots of action ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Sons of Albion were brilliant last night, I'm not just saying it cos I knows em they really have a buzz about them. PLEASE go see them if they play nr you. if you havent heard them check they myspace BUT it doesnt do them justice, it doesnt sound as rock n roll as they are live. they played a mad improve. psycodelic bit in the middle of their set last night was very very cool.
    and yes u'll have to put up with me pulling them as I said I would be the first of their street team :D
    http://www.myspace.com/sonsofalbionuk
    17 Feb 2009 19:00
    Barfly - EXPOSURE TOUR Cardiff
    18 Feb 2009 19:00
    Bar Academy - EXPOSURE TOUR Birmingham
    19 Feb 2009 19:00
    Roadhouse - EXPOSURE TOUR Manchester
    21 Feb 2009 19:00
    Cockpit - EXPOSURE TOUR Leeds
    22 Feb 2009 19:00
    Rock City Basement - EXPOSURE TOUR Nottingham
    23 Feb 2009 19:00
    Roadmender - EXPOSURE TOUR Northampt

:D hey you never know else maybe around !!!
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V V wrote:

21 Feb 2009 19:00
    Cockpit - EXPOSURE TOUR Leeds

Ah the cockpit......pleasent memories...man I loved leeds :roll:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    Sons of Albion were brilliant last night, I'm not just saying it cos I knows em they really have a buzz about them.

They ARE great live. Logan's got charisma which a lot of these 'younger' bands lack and the drummer is an animal! I can't make it to the Barfly in London - shame.

VV - I'll street team with you! Better than these people street teaming for CC (note: I'm not one of them!). By the way V... how do you find them on facebook? I tried but without success (I'm a bit useless on facebook :oops: )
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    Irish Al wrote:
    jrd wrote:
    i did no scrounging...

Don't kid yourself, he'll end up staying in our houses, eating our food, tryin it on with our missus' and drinkin our booze, then we'll end up taking him out for pints and paying all night....that lad has magical powers :evil:

Belated Happy V's day to you all...hope you all got lots of action ;)

why thanks for the kind offer al... i may just take you up on it come tour time ;)
    JRD is safe, he only drinks oj or shandys so i will go somewhere else then!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    First one since the board changed... just to let you all know that I'm just about still alive, almost in one piece and I love and miss you all... hope to be enjoying PJ with ya's before too long!

Hope all is well in your respective quarters :)
  • Options
    First one since the board changed... just to let you all know that I'm just about still alive, almost in one piece and I love and miss you all... hope to be enjoying PJ with ya's before too long!

Hope all is well in your respective quarters :)

good to see you around Robin! hope all is well in a scratchin world!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

• Options
    Hey scratchin'!!!!

Early morning to you lot - hope your day is good :)
  • Options
    yay yes Red I'll find it for you. they are better now then last yr. they dropped the extra guitarist and seem tighter louder with more charisma!!! ;):lol:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/page ... 896f&ref=s

I had a chat with Gones the bass player and he's a big PJ fan :D

Hi Rob glad ur still alive ;)
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    yay yes Red I'll find it for you. they are better now then last yr. they dropped the extra guitarist and seem tighter louder with more charisma!!! ;):lol:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/page ... 896f&ref=s

I had a chat with Gones the bass player and he's a big PJ fan :D

Hi Rob glad ur still alive ;)

Thanks V! Damn... I would love to go see them next week but I just can't make it :(

Even better they are PJ fans! ;)
  • Options
    Have to say I wasnt pushed on the Sons stuff when I listened to it...agesssssss ago..must give it another whirl :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Irish Al wrote:
    Have to say I wasnt pushed on the Sons stuff when I listened to it...agesssssss ago..must give it another whirl :D

YES! yes, yes and a thousand times YES! ^^

and if you ever ever get a chance to see them live - you take that chance. :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    well I think their myspace doesnt do them justice, they sound very Indie rock on there BUT live they are much heavyer, I'm gonna mention it to Logan, I promise you they are WAY better live > good boy Al xx :lol:
  • Options
    *** tumbleweed ***

Hellooooo!!!!! Heeeellooooooo!!!! ** hears echo **

Dead as a dodo here.

Oh well.... Hello everyone! Pippa - have a good time tonight! Let us know what it was like!
  • Options
    *gets the feather duster out*

oOOoo whats Pipa up to ???

Red hows your shoulder are the niddles helping ??
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    V I was seeing my Cornell @ Scala

So red ... it was a VERY short set because of the KoKo thing we only got 1 1/2 hours :( ... but am sure Shepherd's Bush will be different in that respect.

They came on and played Scream start to finish ... no stopping even for applause. Apart from the odd bleeping here and there from the backing track ( :evil: what has the world come to when Cornell has a backing track) the album sounded MUCH better live ... very rocking with the whole band doing their thing as usual ... and his voice is still sublime! :mrgreen: ... but of course the place came alive for the half hour of stuff that came next ... Billie Jean, Rusty Cage, I Promise It's Not Goodbye, Ty Cobb and Jesus Christ Pose had the Scala bouncing. Ross Halfin was there so you'll be able to look up some pics soon. Chris also came out and took pictures of the crowd before taking to the stage.

Defintiely looking forward to next week :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    V I was seeing my Cornell @ Scala

So red ... it was a VERY short set because of the KoKo thing we only got 1 1/2 hours :( ... but am sure Shepherd's Bush will be different in that respect.

They came on and played Scream start to finish ... no stopping even for applause. Apart from the odd bleeping here and there from the backing track ( :evil: what has the world come to when Cornell has a backing track) the album sounded MUCH better live ... very rocking with the whole band doing their thing as usual ... and his voice is still sublime! :mrgreen: ... but of course the place came alive for the half hour of stuff that came next ... Billie Jean, Rusty Cage, I Promise It's Not Goodbye, Ty Cobb and Jesus Christ Pose had the Scala bouncing. Ross Halfin was there so you'll be able to look up some pics soon. Chris also came out and took pictures of the crowd before taking to the stage.

Defintiely looking forward to next week :D

Cornell :evil: new stuff is pure and utter pig-ball sweat :o
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Irish Al wrote:
    Cornell :evil: new stuff is pure and utter pig-ball sweat :o

Not ever having being privy to pig-ball sweat :shock: thank jeebus I'll take your word for that :? :P

It is crap ... but with his band drowning out the backing track if you just listen to his voice and the band then it's not the worst thing I've ever heard. They're a rock band and play them as rock songs :twisted: Still won't be buying Scream.

I will still have fun when I see him next week. Especially as we should get a lot more of the old stuff than last night and his voice at the moment and also his band are so good.

btw Rita the bands own band 'Run Through the Desert' have their UK album launch party the day before Shepherd's Bush
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Hmmm.... still toying with Shepherd's Bush.... A couple of friends of mine were at the Scala too and they were somewhat disappointed. They found it quite tedious in the end. Except for the last few songs obviously (Ty Cobb and JCP!!)

I heard the opening guy was decent.

Just don't know...... I am thinking SB WILL be different (or is that just wishful thinking). Maybe I'll wait for his 'proper' tour - once he has Scream out of his system? Decisions, decisions.

I did see his band were doing their own gig too!
  • Options
    Ears still ringing after rocking out all night in the 2nd row for Alice in Chains last night!

Great show!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    Ears still ringing after rocking out all night in the 2nd row for Alice in Chains last night!

Great show!

Soupy! Lucky, lucky buggar...... I can't wait for them to come back to London (rumours with NIN!!!!!). Damn fine show last time.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    reading the last 10 posts or so have made me realise that all i have in common with you musically is Pearl Jam...

all the other bands i either dont like or have never heard their stuff. :oops:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    reading the last 10 posts or so have made me realise that all i have in common with you musically is Pearl Jam...

all the other bands i either dont like or have never heard their stuff. :oops:

so why not share with us what u do's like Dunkie !

ooooo have a HUGE urge to play Avacado which I haven't played for months, in fact having pj down time makes me go back to the studio albums :) plus Mali is getting into them now she has an ipod ~ yay

oh and I gots an interview for the job on monday 10:15am eekkkKK :o

*there is a markeeeErrrrrrrrRRRrrrrrrr...*
    *wonders off in search of CC pic yum yum*
  • Options
    Dunky.... what about KOL, raconteurs, etc.... LOADS in common I bet.
    Besides... we love you :P

VV.... CC does look VERY nice right now (though I think he's going skinny again).
    What's the job interview? The booby thing?
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Dunky.... what about KOL, raconteurs, etc.... LOADS in common I bet.
    Besides... we love you :P

VV.... CC does look VERY nice right now (though I think he's going skinny again).
    What's the job interview? The booby thing?

yes i thought he was looking a bit too skinny ! do u think his mrs is a bit anna ??? she is so very thin. but love his hair longer Grrr :P

yes booby job yay so hope i get it.
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    yes i thought he was looking a bit too skinny ! do u think his mrs is a bit anna ??? she is so very thin. but love his hair longer Grrr :P

yes booby job yay so hope i get it.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, yummy, yummy. She IS skinny as hell but hey....

Good luck for your booby job!

BTW Soupy.... whilst we're on the subject of looks. AIC... still bearded? Or shaved?