Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    dunkman wrote:
    UKDave wrote:

Pretty shitty here at the moment, having to let about 15 people go at work which is fecking awful seeing as I recruited most of them :(

that is indeed shite. :cry:

you know whats weird... i still dont know one person out of my family and friends up here who has had their job lost... whether its because we have no industry as such, or i have no friends/family in construction/motoring/engineering/etc... no doubt it'll happen to one of them soon... i hope not though... its quite scary though... bills to pay and debts... i know my sister couldnt cope if she lost her job... way too much stuff on credit.. and she rents so she has no 'capital' to speak of.... scary :o

hope all is well with you though Davester.... :)

Yes can't complain personally although being in the automotive industry at the moment is pretty miserable, more bad news every day it seems!!!

Even taking into account these losses we are massively up on where we were two years ago so should be able to ride this out... :?

It's been a crazy year, weird that it takes snow to final bring things to a halt!!!

How are you and yours? and what have I missed? :)
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Today I'm in a happier place...went home, chilled out with the family, had some grub and beer and watched the footie...unfortunately the result didnt go our way but what the hey!!! Be thankful your teams dont have a Lucas :roll:

Hope everyone is well...Dave good to see ya man

I need some PJ in Ireland this year...just to meet up with you all again....I dont think I'll be travelling anywhere to see them so PJ come to Ireland please :shock:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    aww I'm hoping the snow is making you all feel a little brighter, Al/Jen/Dunk even if that means just whatching the silly brits fall on their arses !
    on a bad note snow, arm sprin and our only employ braking his leg this wk (not at work) means we have not worked for 7ish days = no money coming in, I couldn't even teach and had a private lesson booked for this wk which would have been £££s coming in ~ on the up side tuesday was so much fun playing in the snow with the kids and we've been out this morning, the big park in Bath was full of adults and kids sledging, building snow men and generaly having fun. it was wonderful :D ~ plus we whatched Hotel Rowanda the other night so my mind is super happy to be Alive and have food & shelter :P ... I know you all you that but its good to have a reminder!

Dave have your cats tryed the snow??? saw lots of dogs out there but no sign of cats.

emmi its just such a treat, you have to have a snow day !
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V V wrote:

Dave have your cats tryed the snow??? saw lots of dogs out there but no sign of cats.

They venture out and the little Tortoise shell (Totie) meeps as she puts her paws down... :lol:
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Must post pics of my cats in the snow!
  • Options
    hahahaha

oh yes plz Red !
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    Seriously snowed in!!! :shock:
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:

Seriously big snowman then! :D
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    UKDave wrote:

Seriously big snowman then! :D

You know I think today it might just have to be done ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    hello all...
    flew back from skiing holiday on sunday evening (all limbs intact and fully functional ;) ) and as we were coming in to land i looked out the window and thought "that's odd, it looks like it's snowing..." and Lo! for it was indeed... we must have brought it back from France with us...
    woke up Monday morning to travel chaos so had the day off work and built snowmen, threw snowballs, and generally just acted my mental age... great fun! :D
    been back at work since Tuesday and it's been sooooooo quiet... anyone would think universities were full of slackers and ne'erdowells or something... 8-)
    looking forward to the weekend, a few beers, and then the possibility of more snow on Monday... more travel chaos... another day off work... now that'd be a shame, wouldn't it...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    What a great results day today...Ireland win in the rugby...liverpool win (just about - Mrs Al said thank fuck as she couldn't have sat looking at my face all night if they hadn't won!!) and chelski drawing with my second team...hull :twisted:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    i'm back baby!

been away for a few weeks but back with a vengeance!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    Hi Soupy.

Hello everyone - very quiet here :(
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    redrock wrote:
    Hi Soupy.

I don't know why haven't I been around here more often. :|

it's not that I'm busy or anything. hmm.

well, I guess I'll just have to make a bigger effort.

though not today cause I'm seeing my sis (and grandma and dad) before she's whisking off to Nepal tomorrow (as one or two of you might know).

hope all my lovelies are well!! :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    Hi Soupy.

I don't know why haven't I been around here more often. :|

it's not that I'm busy or anything. hmm.

well, I guess I'll just have to make a bigger effort.

though not today cause I'm seeing my sis (and grandma and dad) before she's whisking off to Nepal tomorrow (as one or two of you might know).

hope all my lovelies are well!! :)

Good luck to Emmi's sis ;)

I'm booked in for round 3 of tat next thursday....woohoo 8-)

Hope you're all well....oh and Dublin crew....come back
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:

not been away, just... meh... it's that time of year... cold, wet, miserable... no time off until Easter... just, you know... meh... :|

still... Bruce tickets for Hyde Park go on sale on Friday! :D
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    Irish Al wrote:

not been away, just... meh... it's that time of year... cold, wet, miserable... no time off until Easter... just, you know... meh... :|

still... Bruce tickets for Hyde Park go on sale on Friday! :D

I hear ya :roll:

Was just thinkin the other day, it was a real shame we didnt get to meet up for a pint in NYC :(
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    well ... I've been busy ! busy aplying for a proper grown up job in the real world eeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :( :?
    sent it in today hope to get an interview, its only 16hrs a wk couldnt do a full time one. pay is good, its for Health Trainer for Young Parents:- Breastfeeding Peer Support,
    advert reads:-
    Interested in helping young parents make healthy choices? Enthusiastic about breastfeeding? We are looking for a Breastfeeding Peer Supporter to work with parents aged 20 or under in Bath & NE Somerset to give antenatal information and support them to initiate and maintain breastfeeding.

Working closely with the Breastfeeding Support Coordinator, Peer Supporters, Health Visitors, and Midwives, you will contact young women during pregnancy to provide education about breastfeeding and provide on-going support postnatally.

You will have an understanding of the barriers to breastfeeding experienced by younger mothers and the ability to build good relationships with young parents.

so what I do now once a month for no money and to the middle classes kinda ting.

other then that, clearning dancing music loving, seeing sons of albion on sunday, ummm lots of playing in the snow :D
  • Options
    al and jrd... it is your own faults that you missed out on a pint in NYC... too busy with the wifes shopping and all :lol:

at least i met both of you for a pint or more! :D

Nepal sounds nice... how long is she going for emmi?
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

• Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Good luck to Emmi's sis ;)

thanks, I'll tell her. ;):D
    Nepal sounds nice... how long is she going for emmi?

3 months, she'll be back just in time for the Metallica concert with the other bro. :lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    Best of luck V keeping the fingers x'd for you :)
    al and jrd... it is your own faults that you missed out on a pint in NYC... too busy with the wifes shopping and all :lol:

Did he scrounge pints out of you too jrd?? ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:

indeed, good luck, V!
    Irish Al wrote:

yep. :x
    he still owes me a few pints of shandy... and i won't forget!!
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    Irish Al wrote:

indeed, good luck, V!
    Irish Al wrote:

yep. :x
    he still owes me a few pints of shandy... and i won't forget!!

No wonder the fecker could go to all those gigs...sure didn't he scrounge his way around the US :roll: Must try that meself :twisted:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    fingers crossed for the job sweetest!
    V V wrote:
    seeing sons of albion on sunday

I'm so jealous. :(
  • Options
    i did no scrounging...
    i go to buy you pints, but you want to go home to your hotels and sleep!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    A little Good Morning to everyone! Hope you are all well and getting ready for the week-end!

V... best of luck - as you say, might as well get paid for something you are already doing!
  • Options
    thank you :)
    emmi I'll blow them a kiss for you ;)
    I'm wondering if ANYTHING will happen tomorrow ! ?!?!?!?! hahahaha but I know it wont how about the rest of you any V day plans ??
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    ....any V day plans ??

Don't think there will be any surprises for me! I know card/flowers being sorted out but I think this year, that will be it. For some reason, G wants to be around so.... she will be cooking and serving us a three course meal (just like if we were going to a romantic restaurant, she said) and then hopefully disappearing in her room!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    then hopefully disappearing in her room!

oOOOoooo nice dinner cooked for you ! and YES I HOPE SO TOO !!!!!! hehehehe
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    thank you :)
    emmi I'll blow them a kiss for you ;)

thank you. ;):D
    V V wrote:
    I'm wondering if ANYTHING will happen tomorrow ! ?!?!?!?! hahahaha but I know it wont how about the rest of you any V day plans ??

well, what an exciting V-day for me, I'm working! *whoo* going out tonight though, hopefully that will include dancing. *crosses fingers*

to be quite honest, I really don't care for Valentine's Day anyway.