Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Irish Al wrote:
    I can either email (need your email) or put them here but I dont know how to do that :?
    I could be really mean and tell you to e-mail them to me and me alone or......

Put your pics on photobucket or something like that. Then in your post, click on the Img button above and type (or copy) the url of the location of your pic. Et voila!

But in the meantime, I'm still sending you my e-mail (by PM!)
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    edited January 2009
    http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m293/IrishAl_2006/Tat/

There is about another 5 sittings to get it finished. Its going to be a 3/4 sleeve so the rest of the dragons body needs to go in with wind bars and wind swirls. The sphere at the top of the arm has 4 cheery blossoms like the missus on her wrist (except she only has 3 I just included an extra one for the little'un en route). There will be a small amout of colour in it, the lightening bolts, eyes, belly and cherry blossoms will all have colour in them. Its gonna take quite a while to do as the money involved is fairly savage but it'll be worth it.

:twisted:

EDIT: thinks that better :(
    Post edited by Irish Al on
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Managed to figure it our :) Looking good. We'll be wanting regular updates :mrgreen:

Take it little'un will have arrived before this project is finished :o;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Managed to figure it our :) Looking good. We'll be wanting regular updates :mrgreen:

There's is more than a good chance that the whole footy team of kids will have arrived by the time this is finished but what the hey 8-)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Chime wrote:

There's is more than a good chance that the whole footy team of kids will have arrived by the time this is finished but what the hey 8-)

:shock: Does Mrs Al know you're planning a whole football team ... well I guess if you're happy to field a mixed five a-side team it wouldn't be tooooo bad :twisted: :P
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Irish Al wrote:
    Chime wrote:

:shock: Does Mrs Al know you're planning a whole football team ... well I guess if you're happy to field a mixed five a-side team it wouldn't be tooooo bad :twisted: :P

Actually better not put any ideas in her head :roll:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    ooohh... just realised i've been abandoning this place :oops: good to see everyone here though. I miss the 'user cp' thingy.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Nice Al! Yep... as Pippa says - we need to see updates! Maybe by next PJ gig it will be done and we all ooooo and aaaaa over it!

Thanks for PM, will update my records!
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Al what can I say ~ still a bit small love !!! he he ho ho

no , it looks FAB really cool, :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    Snow, snow, snow!!!!!

Loads of it!

No buses......

No work.....

School closed.....

Snowman time!

Yay!
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    there was no snow for us this morning but there is NOW yeepeee cant wait for the kids to get home so we can play :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    At work :(

Though school still out and still plenty of snow!

More snowcats/men and snow angels for Rob and G!

:D
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    fucking scotland of all places?!?!?!?!

i have not one drop of snow... not a bit.

my kids are totally gutted... its all over the news (quite why i have no idea) and so they see all these kids on sledges in 95% of the country and yet we have nothing.

its pishtanks i tell thee. :evil:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    It's making it's way north Dunk. Kiddies will have snow (or send them down here - G will LOVE to babysit!) :P
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

my kids are totally gutted... its all over the news (quite why i have no idea) and so they see all these kids on sledges in 95% of the country and yet we have nothing.

Its that kind of attitude that stops the snow from coming 8-)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    It's making it's way north Dunk. Kiddies will have snow (or send them down here - G will LOVE to babysit!) :P

it'd better arrive before Saturday... i want a day off work :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

Its that kind of attitude that stops the snow from coming 8-)

any snow in Ireland Alphonse?
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    I still find it funny that people have snow days. :D

21 bloody years in this country and not ONE day off school/work cause of snow. :shock: :? :mrgreen:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:

21 bloody years in this country and not ONE day off school/work cause of snow. :shock: :? :mrgreen:

exactly... thats cos your country is used to it and can expect snow... we havent had snow like this in 20 years... so people dont know how to or cant deal with it.

the schools, roads, trasnport system isnt designed to deal with 1 foot of snow.. so when it hits it sends us into chaos... but i would assume Finland can deal with it as it knows snow will come every year.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    dunkman wrote:
    any snow in Ireland Alphonse?

There has been snow in Oirland. It's all washed away in the rain now though. Took some people 5 hours to get home from work on Monday evening cos the lorries couldn't make it up the offramps from the motorways and main roads.

Today, no sign of snow. Just grey skies :cry: All the stickies are bugging me now, I'm getting twitchy!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    dunkman wrote:
    eMMI wrote:

exactly... thats cos your country is used to it and can expect snow... we havent had snow like this in 20 years... so people dont know how to or cant deal with it.

the schools, roads, trasnport system isnt designed to deal with 1 foot of snow.. so when it hits it sends us into chaos... but i would assume Finland can deal with it as it knows snow will come every year.

oh I know all that darling. but to me it seems like (correct me if I'm wrong) that yous don't even need the whole foot of snow to experience some sort of chaos. :P

I'm just thinking, since you must be aware that snowing is possible, could you not (in one way or the other) prepare for it? though I reckon you just like your snow days too much. ;)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    Woke up to about 35-40 cm snow on Monday :o:D ... all the train websites were crashed so I walked to the station (wellies nearly high enough :lol: ) ... and found the station hadn't seen a train that morning ... and it was still snowing I ended up heading home. I can't remember how long it is since I've seen that much snow in this country :mrgreen:

Bit crap trying to get to and from work yesterday though :x ... today trains are back to normal. Still have 10-15 cm of snow at home.

'Cause this only happens once every 20 years Emmi no use us investing in snow tyres etc ;) that was probably the first snow day I've had in 17-18 years :oops: :(
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    'Cause this only happens once every 20 years Emmi no use us investing in snow tyres etc ;) that was probably the first snow day I've had in 17-18 years :oops: :(

i nod in concurrence.
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    eMMI wrote:

oh I know all that darling. but to me it seems like (correct me if I'm wrong) that yous don't even need the whole foot of snow to experience some sort of chaos. :P

I'm just thinking, since you must be aware that snowing is possible, could you not (in one way or the other) prepare for it? though I reckon you just like your snow days too much. ;)

This just metaphors how I'm feeling about the irish government today...a few years ago when we had budget surplus' of close to €9billion, the fuckers just sat back and thought..."oh this is great, lets get ourselves new jets and cars etc" and never even thought once that the shit could hit the fan and now we're borrowing €15million A DAY just to keep the economy ticking over. They up VAT, Taxes and now have put a levy on our pensions that will probably take another €300 a month out of the avg pay cheque...and they expect this to stimulate growth....we have new unemployment figures out today showing the worst ever figures on record....there have been 215 people put in jail for defaulting on loans and we had the CEO of Anglo Irish Bank lending himself €86million and fidling the books and he's swaning around getting his photo taken for the press....I'm just disgusted at the way the ordinary person is being shat on by those in power who will not take responsibility...and I shouldn't complain, I still have a job :evil:

Fuck the government and a leader who wasn't even voted into the position.

Rant over....I love Pearl Jam....anyone wanna buy some posters :oops:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    This just metaphors how I'm feeling about the irish government today...a few years ago when we had budget surplus' of close to €9billion, the fuckers just sat back and thought..."oh this is great, lets get ourselves new jets and cars etc" and never even thought once that the shit could hit the fan and now we're borrowing €15million A DAY just to keep the economy ticking over. They up VAT, Taxes and now have put a levy on our pensions that will probably take another €300 a month out of the avg pay cheque...and they expect this to stimulate growth....we have new unemployment figures out today showing the worst ever figures on record....there have been 215 people put in jail for defaulting on loans and we had the CEO of Anglo Irish Bank lending himself €86million and fidling the books and he's swaning around getting his photo taken for the press....I'm just disgusted at the way the ordinary person is being shat on by those in power who will not take responsibility...and I shouldn't complain, I still have a job :evil:

Fuck the government and a leader who wasn't even voted into the position.

Rant over....I love Pearl Jam....anyone wanna buy some posters :oops:

yeah that Lisbon Treaty aint looking so bad now is it! ;);)

your economy has been kept up by EU subsidies for too many years as well... as soon as they come down... crash time.

its shitty for everyone though... but i hear from the guy at work (his lady lives in Ireland) that Ireland is getting hit kinda hard at the moment... so i hope it all gets better for you soon over there.
  • Options
    If anybody knows someone who has two good seats for Cornell at Shepherd's Bush who wants to swap for 2 Scala tix, let me know!
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Snowed in... :(
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:

Dave... should be a :D, not a :( . Enjoy your day! Have snowball fights, make a snowman, rediscover your inner child :lol:
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    redrock wrote:
    UKDave wrote:

Dave... should be a :D, not a :( . Enjoy your day! Have snowball fights, make a snowman, rediscover your inner child :lol:

Could have a snowball fight with the cats I guess... ;)

Low profile tyres and snow do not go well together, car abandoned at the bottom of our road :?

How's life?

Pretty shitty here at the moment, having to let about 15 people go at work which is fecking awful seeing as I recruited most of them :(
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:

Pretty shitty here at the moment, having to let about 15 people go at work which is fecking awful seeing as I recruited most of them :(

that is indeed shite. :cry:

you know whats weird... i still dont know one person out of my family and friends up here who has had their job lost... whether its because we have no industry as such, or i have no friends/family in construction/motoring/engineering/etc... no doubt it'll happen to one of them soon... i hope not though... its quite scary though... bills to pay and debts... i know my sister couldnt cope if she lost her job... way too much stuff on credit.. and she rents so she has no 'capital' to speak of.... scary :o

hope all is well with you though Davester.... :)