Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    redrock wrote:
    Dunky.... what about KOL, raconteurs, etc.... LOADS in common I bet.
    Besides... we love you :P

VV.... CC does look VERY nice right now (though I think he's going skinny again).
    What's the job interview? The booby thing?

yes KOL and Raconteurs are indeed an ecapsulated bag of awesomeness.... i just meant the last 10 posts or so!! sorry for the confusion :D

didnt the lead singer of AIC die? i associate voices with bands so that wouldbe weird for me... i did see the 20th century doors with Astbury on vocals a long while back... and it was good enough... but it was no Mr Mojo Risin...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    dunkman wrote:
    didnt the lead singer of AIC die? .

Layne Staley - he did die.... you see... you know
    dunkman wrote:
    but it was no Mr Mojo Risin...

There will never, ever be another Mr. Mojo Risin... No one is like him! HE IS awesomeness encapsulated!!!!
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    Layne is gone, but it was Jerry who got the band back together
    William DuVall whi is the new singer can indeed sing and does a great job of it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyycX1ot ... annel_page
    there is rooster from the other night!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    William DuVall whi is the new singer can indeed sing and does a great job of it!

fair enough... i just think if god forbid Eddie was to pass away... as much as i like the band and stuff... why would i go and watch them with a different singer? as i say... thats just me like... i know some people arent that fussed... but it'd be like watching the Pogues without Shane McGowan... he IS the pogues... d'you know what i mean? :?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    dunkman wrote:

fair enough... i just think if god forbid Eddie was to pass away... as much as i like the band and stuff... why would i go and watch them with a different singer? as i say... thats just me like... i know some people arent that fussed... but it'd be like watching the Pogues without Shane McGowan... he IS the pogues... d'you know what i mean? :?

I hear ya and agree but Jerry Cantrell sang a fair few of the AIC songs...would love to see them live, couldnt get a ticket when they played here...think it was about 93...ah the memories :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    I hear ya and agree but Jerry Cantrell sang a fair few of the AIC songs...would love to see them live, couldnt get a ticket when they played here...think it was about 93...ah the memories :D

Exactly. And the new singer is pretty good - his voice suits the music.

I saw them when they were last in London - damn good show.
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    i have just got round to loading pics and wanted to share my snowman with u ! hehe (hippies I just put loads of pics up)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/ ... b09036.jpg
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    i have just got round to loading pics and wanted to share my snowman with u ! hehe (hippies I just put loads of pics up)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/ ... b09036.jpg

Sexy :lol:

Red, would love to see them but they played a festival here the last time...so want a solo alice show! :x
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:

Red, would love to see them but they played a festival here the last time...so want a solo alice show! :x
    Now, now.... you'll get it! Just don't have a strop.

V... what a snowman! **goes to the hippies**
  • Options
    :lol:his name is Bert, he's very old as u can tell.

so finaly orderd my ten reissue just before time ran out !!! who else got one and do u think any of us will be lucky enough to get a signed jobbie ! :lol:
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    so finaly orderd my ten reissue just before time ran out !!! who else got one and do u think any of us will be lucky enough to get a signed jobbie ! :lol: [/color]

I would have loved to get one to, but I just can't seem to be able to justify the expense at the moment. :(
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    V V wrote:
    so finaly orderd my ten reissue just before time ran out !!! who else got one and do u think any of us will be lucky enough to get a signed jobbie ! :lol: [/color]

I would have loved to get one to, but I just can't seem to be able to justify the expense at the moment. :(
    o i know dont remind me very naughty put it on Pete's cc !!!!!!! :lol: :? and I didnt get the super duper deluxe thingy just the basic one :geek: cos i is a geek
  • Options
    eeek job interview ~ send me good vibes please we really need this!
  • Options
    Good luck, Pinkness!
  • Options
    thank you red, i'm back already think it went ok only 2 questions I stumbled around on, I knew the the ppl there as I have worked with them on breastfeeding awearness week promotions, fingers crossed thats to my advantage. I get to hear the out come tomorrow or wednesday.
    right must now lesson plan for my belly dancers ! love to all XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • Options
    Glad d interview went well V :)

Red u know me, i never strop :lol:;)

V I thought it was only d super delux that might be signed but i cud b wrong :?:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:

V I thought it was only d super delux that might be signed but i cud b wrong :?:

what the fuck have you just typed... when did you revert to a 14 year old hoodie wearing slap happying spot carrying textobot?!?!?!

I'd donate money to a charity to help you overcomes this horrible affliction, but Helen wont let me ;);)
  • Options
    V V wrote:

hope it goes well, did you wear your breast outfit??? i'd have been as nervous as a blue tit at a cat convention... still you can have some jugs of ale to celebrate your suckcess... or Al and I could club together and get you that pearl necklace you've always wanted... :oops:

yes, i still find the word 'jugs' to be funny ;)
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    Irish Al wrote:

what the fuck have you just typed... when did you revert to a 14 year old hoodie wearing slap happying spot carrying textobot?!?!?!

I'd donate money to a charity to help you overcomes this horrible affliction, but Helen wont let me ;);)

:lol: Apologies to the over 30's :lol:
    dunkman wrote:
    V V wrote:

hope it goes well, did you wear your breast outfit??? i'd have been as nervous as a blue tit at a cat convention... still you can have some jugs of ale to celebrate your suckcess... or Al and I could club together and get you that pearl necklace you've always wanted... :oops:

yes, i still find the word 'jugs' to be funny ;)

:shock: I'm a married man...and you're a slug...well if she begs ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    :lol::lol:to ALL the above, i did wear my extra perkie bra ! do u think would have helped me dunk???

*gets on knees!*

I could have read it wrong Al ! but if your right then I think thats extra unfair :P I only need mike stone jeff and matt !!!! :lol:
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    redrock wrote:
    BTW Soupy.... whilst we're on the subject of looks. AIC... still bearded? Or shaved?

Willian and Jerry very much still bearded
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    BTW Soupy.... whilst we're on the subject of looks. AIC... still bearded? Or shaved?

Willian and Jerry very much still bearded

Poo.
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    :lol::lol:to ALL the above, i did wear my extra perkie bra ! do u think would have helped me dunk???

*gets on knees!*

I could have read it wrong Al ! but if your right then I think thats extra unfair :P I only need mike stone jeff and matt !!!! :lol:

Oh shut up :evil: ;) but stay where you are for another second ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    wow that was all of 3 seconds Al !!!! :lol::lol:

I FUCKING HATE THE NHS !!!!!!!!!!! Bastards didnt give me the job as I did not score enough points at the interview which they were disapointed by as they knew I had loads of great experance ~ how was I to know their interview system ??? I did reseach on the web site as much as possible and printed out all the info on what would be asked and wrote out stuff however the interview was quiet quiet different ~ aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *humph* :x :x

oh well I'm being cross and defencive and will never work for them ever ~ even if they beg, i'm going to paint pretty pictures instead, that was my one go at working "in the system" and they lost out back to artistic poverty! :lol:
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    V V wrote:
    wow that was all of 3 seconds Al !!!! :lol::lol:

a new record for Al, beating his previous record of 2 seconds!!! (Dunk told me) ;)

shame about the job V :(

you could always find out who did get the job and then arrange for them to meet with an unfortunate accident and then re-apply for the job now that you know what they want at the interview... :twisted:

oh, and howdy y'all...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    And 1 second by V and its gone....a pro wouldn't take that much in one go :shock:

I have set a personal record but wont reveal it here :twisted:

V sorry about the job...you're too good for it, you're better off with artistic poverty...at least you have your integrity :roll: :lol:;):D

Hello there jrd
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Boooo! Sorry V :(

I saw Cornell again last night ... and now last weeks gig is wiped from my memory.

We got 2 1/2 hours of stuff from all over his career. I am happy :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    It's their loss V. Score points? Is that better than the experience you have? Did you ask them for the details?

Yep... paint pretty pics and sell one for thousands and thousands of pounds.
  • Options
    Hey V I see Mr P. has contributed to the new Scott Matthews album...sweet 8-)
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... D=37390598
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    aww V, sorry to hear about the job. *hugs*

on a lighter note.. I was watching telly last night and stumbled across the video for CC's Part Of Me. :shock:

now, as many of us know, the song is really not very good. at all. :roll:

BUT (and this is a big one, coming from me) the man does look pretty hottt. a tad too skinny though (as mentioned around here).

that is all. :D

I've been posting shamefully little around here. I'll try to do better. :oops:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."