Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    well, I hope to be there from 19th to the 26th. Cheapest flight I could find was €380, via amsterdam, so fook that. Cheapest direct was €530, but it lands late on the 27th, and I need to be in work that day :o

No idea where to stay either - hotels are expensive!!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • ronyrony Posts: 212
    jrd wrote:
    so Jenny, Al, et al (ho ho ho :o) )... when are people looking at going to NY, for how long... know any good places to stay... anyone found any cheap flights yet?

cheapest one I found was (that was direct) was a delta one from dublin for €650ish flying out on the monday and back on the friday morning, i think there are virgin atlantic ones that are cheaper though.

As for hotels for 3 nights it'll be the guts of €350-400.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Jennytree wrote:
    No idea where to stay either - hotels are expensive!!

Maybe some kind NYer will offer you guys a place to crash...... NOT! What about D2D? Ask if you can crash at her place! She stayed at mine for Wembley.
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    rony wrote:
    cheapest one I found was (that was direct) was a delta one from dublin for €650ish flying out on the monday and back on the friday morning, i think there are virgin atlantic ones that are cheaper though.

As for hotels for 3 nights it'll be the guts of €350-400.

from London the BA and Virgin weekday flight prices on the website are horrific!
    BA has 799 pounds each way! and Virgin is only slighty cheaper. seeing as we have to arrange to leave the mini-me behind we were hoping to do something like fly in on the 23rd or 24th and out on the 26th but that's looking feckin' expensive at the moment...

...whatever, if the worst comes to the worst i'm going on my own and will (devious plan) hopefully get to see both shows by swapping the spare.... mwahahahahaha!!!!

but in the real world that's just not going to happen, is it, darling ?
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    jrd ... would you consider not flying from London?

If you were willing to fly from Manchester say .... bmi can get you to NY Newark airport (which I know isn't proper NY) for a good deal less

Sure some of the other regional airports must have better deals as well.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    my wife's cousin lives in NYC.. if flights were ryanair price i'd do it!!!

flyglobespan are cheap.. fly from Glasgow... but they dont fly to NYC.. i just wanted to advertise them :o
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Oh Jenny have had this place recommended to me (but never stayed there) for budget NY accommodation. Has hostel type rooms as well as individual rooms.

http://www.gershwinhotel.com/english/site1.html

Seems to have mixed reviews :o
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60763-d99389-r14436725-Gershwin_Hotel-New_York_City_New_York.html
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Jennytree wrote:
    woohoo, I got my tickets :)

Now I guess I have to let the boss know I won't be around for a week in June :D

congrats deerie!! :D

and congrats Al darling!!

we got more than a foot of snow in two days. :eek:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    jrd wrote:
    from London the BA and Virgin weekday flight prices on the website are horrific!
    Business flights.

As Pippa mentioned, maybe fly from a non-london airport?
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    V V wrote:
    Al what are you trying to say about belly dancing ???
    and was it blood or milk you wanted from Jen's nips ????

red thanks , well thing is any thing to do with the body could be harmful, wrong posture = lower back pain but I do all my home work on such things just not officially ! anyhow a lovely lady over in Weston super mare called me to chat about it :) which was kind of her she has been doing a TT in Arabic Folk and Tribal style it takes 3 years !!!!!!!!!!!!
    but there is also a course in Glastonbury in November in ATS (American Tribal Style) which is what I want to teach ~ I'll do more research!

oooo check this out http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7oTVc9AMg7w

I'd sign up for your class. :cool:

Maybe as rita said, doing some sort of demo of what you do can go a long way, and also by word of mouth. I don't see why a certification would be required, I certainly wouldn't be looking for one if I wanted bellydancing classes, I'd just want a cool teacher with passion for what she does....

Hello all!! No PJ for me either, got to give it a rest... :p
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
    Congrats to all who got tickets!!
    jrd wrote:
    Thats so strange, cos for me its about €200 cheaper to fly via London!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    dunkman wrote:
    my wife's cousin lives in NYC.. if flights were ryanair price i'd do it!!!

flyglobespan are cheap.. fly from Glasgow... but they dont fly to NYC.. i just wanted to advertise them :o

I see you are back! Cool.
    redrock wrote:
    Business flights.

As Pippa mentioned, maybe fly from a non-london airport?

jrd is sitting in his office (which has been decorated to look like this and thinking "NON-London?!?!?... what is this non-London you speak of.. is it klingon for 'chav gypsyland'... you mean the oiks have regional airports"

;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Buru wrote:
    I see you are back! Cool.

*waves* :):)
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Hello y'all! It's been a while since I ventured into this thread. So anyone else goin to the Florida show?
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
    Hello y'all! It's been a while since I ventured into this thread. So anyone else goin to the Florida show?

Florida is sooo not cool :p
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    I just signed an urgent petition calling on the Chinese government to respect human rights in Tibet and dialogue with the Dalai Lama. This is really important, and I thought you might want to take action:

http://www.avaaz.org/en/tibet_end_the_violence/98.php/?cl_tf_sign=1

After nearly 50 years of Chinese rule, the Tibetans are sending out a global cry for change. Violence is spreading across Tibet and neighbouring regions, and the Chinese regime is right now making a crucial choice between tougher crackdown or dialogue.

President Hu Jintao needs to hear that "Made in China" exports and the upcoming Olympics in Beijing will have the support of the world's people only if he chooses dialogue. But it will take an avalanche of global people power to get his attention. Click below to sign the petition - in just 3 days, the campaign is almost half way to the goal of 1 million signatures!

Thank you so much for your help - forward this email to friends!

You are receiving this email because someone sent it to you via the "tell-a-friend" tool at Avaaz.org. Avaaz retains no information about individuals contacted through this tool. Avaaz will not send you further messages without your consent--although your friends could, of course, send you another message.
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    Done V. I think the world leaders are not taking advantage of a great opportunity (Olympics) to put pressure on China. Too much at stake commercially... Sure, some are speaking out a bit, but it's all talk no action. It's shameful.
    V V wrote:
    I just signed an urgent petition calling on the Chinese government to respect human rights in Tibet and dialogue with the Dalai Lama. This is really important, and I thought you might want to take action:

After nearly 50 years of Chinese rule, the Tibetans are sending out a global cry for change. Violence is spreading across Tibet and neighbouring regions, and the Chinese regime is right now making a crucial choice between tougher crackdown or dialogue.

President Hu Jintao needs to hear that "Made in China" exports and the upcoming Olympics in Beijing will have the support of the world's people only if he chooses dialogue. But it will take an avalanche of global people power to get his attention. Click below to sign the petition - in just 3 days, the campaign is almost half way to the goal of 1 million signatures!

Thank you so much for your help - forward this email to friends!

You are receiving this email because someone sent it to you via the "tell-a-friend" tool at Avaaz.org. Avaaz retains no information about individuals contacted through this tool. Avaaz will not send you further messages without your consent--although your friends could, of course, send you another message.

what those fuckers in Tibet need is a cool and amusing t-shirt and a facebook account. ;)
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    I tried V but it wouldn't let me do it :(

Hitcy....never thought I'd say this but Jen is right ;)

Dunk...glad you're back my friend

Everyone else...much love
    I need a coffee!
    JRD ....
    Gen wrote:
    We're flying return to Newark from Bristol with Continental for under £800 for the both of us. Bargain!

I'm sure you can find a bargain somewhere if you're a bit flexible.
    Chime wrote:
    jrd ... would you consider not flying from London?

If you were willing to fly from Manchester say .... bmi can get you to NY Newark airport (which I know isn't proper NY) for a good deal less

Sure some of the other regional airports must have better deals as well.

yeah, will probably (have to) look into that.
    it's just that we live close to Heathrow so it'd make things easier - it's my hometown airport so i should get first choice at tickets to wherever i want to go whenever i want... :rolleyes:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    dunkman wrote:

thanks Dunk, that's a real help... ;)
    maybe i can fly to Glasgow, then from there to Manchester and get a cheap flight from there to NY...
    jrd wrote:
    thanks Dunk, that's a real help... ;)
    maybe i can fly to Glasgow, then from there to Manchester and get a cheap flight from there to NY...

no probs amigo :)

try Sealink? :p
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    come fly with me
    come fly fly away !

build a raft ?
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Dunky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're back!!! :D:D

Morning everyone :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Irish Al wrote:
    I tried V but it wouldn't let me do it :(

Hitcy....never thought I'd say this but Jen is right ;)

Dunk...glad you're back my friend

Everyone else...much love
    You're just jealous Al :p
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
    Dunky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're back!!! :D:D

Morning everyone :)

that I are ;):D
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    You're just jealous Al :p

:mad: No I'm not....MSG is the place to be :p;)

Hey stoney :D
    I need a coffee!