Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Yep, it is :) tempted, eh? ;)

Byrnzie, hey you doin? I saw that but am too lazy to change my sig just yet :)

I'm good. Shame I can't make it to any of the shows this year though.
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    I used D2D's recommendation of cheapair.com and got delta flights for €150 cheaper than on the delta site :D Direct from dublin to JFK...sweet

Hi all

:D
    I need a coffee!
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Yep, it is :) tempted, eh? ;)

Byrnzie, hey you doin? I saw that but am too lazy to change my sig just yet :)

• JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Morning All!

Sian, those flags sound awesome!!

My boss is being a cunt about my holidays for June. Let the arguments ensue and pray I don't have to quit my job :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • The flags are great Jen, the Manchester one was finished last night, a St George's cross in black and white with the Pepper/Christ face in the middle and the logo at the top and "Don't break the oath, play LOUD" across one side with the date along the bottom...

I've just had a revelation... I'm a Down geek as well as a PJ one :oops:

Afternoon Al and Byrnzie! *waves*
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    Byrnzie wrote:

2 years running mate! you better do something about that!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Irish Al wrote:
    I used D2D's recommendation of cheapair.com and got delta flights for €150 cheaper than on the delta site :D Direct from dublin to JFK...sweet

Hi all

Afternoon all :)

UK people may want to check opodo.co.uk

:confused: seems Air France may have some of the cheapest direct flights
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Irish Al wrote:

Hi all

ooohh... how much was that then? :)

Looks like I'm sorted on the accommodation :) ... but I'll probably have to join Jenny on the dole queue :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Chime wrote:
    Afternoon all :)

UK people may want to check opodo.co.uk

:confused: seems Air France may have some of the cheapest direct flights
    I know..how weird (because when I fly to France they're twice the price of BA!)

talking of BA...I'm holding on a bit for my flight (can get a cheap zoom one but it flies back on the 1st July...and I still think it's possible for an extra show that day)

After the massive fuck up at Heathrow T5, BA are bound to have some promotions to try get back customers..:p
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Peg.. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you!

Hey everyone! I wanna fly too!
    I got offered a new job in my company! Its more salary, but I'm gonna be losing out on about 500 a month because of the overtime I do in my job now! I've no idea what to do... I'd like the new job but I want the current money too :(
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Alright you bastards...and you know who you are...anyone coming from Ireland to either MSG, Hartford, or Mansfield must bring me Paddy's.

I love to turn you on
    Jennytree wrote:
    I got offered a new job in my company! Its more salary, but I'm gonna be losing out on about 500 a month because of the overtime I do in my job now! I've no idea what to do... I'd like the new job but I want the current money too :(
    No overtime possible in the proposed job? Hmmmm... difficult decision. Does the increase in salary compensate at least a bit for the loss of overtime? 500 is a lot.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Alright you bastards...and you know who you are...anyone coming from Ireland to either MSG, Hartford, or Mansfield must bring me Paddy's.

buy me 1 flight ticket and i'll bring it with me :);)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    redrock wrote:
    No overtime possible in the proposed job? Hmmmm... difficult decision. Does the increase in salary compensate at least a bit for the loss of overtime? 500 is a lot.

No overtime in the new job at all - maybe the odd Saturday but thats it.

grrr... I think this year is all about the money. Can't afford to lose up to 800 a month :( And the salary increase will nowhere near cover all the o/t I'll be losing. I don't want my bosses thinking I'm wasting their time either.
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:

grrr... I think this year is all about the money. Can't afford to lose up to 800 a month :( And the salary increase will nowhere near cover all the o/t I'll be losing. I don't want my bosses thinking I'm wasting their time either.
    urgh, that's shit Jenny... can't you explain that to them?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    Jennytree wrote:

800 a month is alot to be down!, thats like nearly 10 grand a year!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    Jen thats wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much to lose out on, I think hells is right (:eek: ) explain to them that you really want the job but that you actually can't afford to lose the money...due to bills etc.

Hope it all works out, and don't forget you got a trip to the US to pay for ;)

Hells I'm flying with delta on Monday mornin and then back on thurs evenin.

Talking of new jobs, I got offered a new job with my organisation, in my home town :D Probably be the same money but I'll be saving about €250 a month on travel, 10mins from home to work and save about €500 every 6 months on the car :D
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    Jen thats wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much to lose out on, I think hells is right (: eek: ) explain to them that you really want the job but that you actually can't afford to lose the money...due to bills etc.

Talking of new jobs, I got offered a new job with my organisation, in my home town :D Probably be the same money but I'll be saving about €250 a month on travel, 10mins from home to work and save about €500 every 6 months on the car :D
    :) wow, that's excellent news Al... changes all around eh? New baby, new wife, new job... congrats.

thanks for the flight info... I could be joining you on the Monday... but the Thursday's my birthday so I think I'll leave the returning til the Friday :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    Irish Al wrote:

which airport are you flying in and out from?
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
    :) wow, that's excellent news Al... changes all around eh? New baby, new wife, new job... congrats.

thanks for the flight info... I could be joining you on the Monday... but the Thursday's my birthday so I think I'll leave the returning til the Friday :)

Happy days :D
    which airport are you flying in and out from?

Flying from Dublin to JFK and back:D
    I need a coffee!
  • Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Irish Al wrote:
    Happy days :D

Flying from Dublin to JFK and back:D

Did you just admit you're havin the new baby??
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    Did you just admit you're havin the new baby??

Yep and your my bitch who's carryin it :p
    I need a coffee!
    Hi everyone!

Jenny.. way too much to lose with possible new job. I would stick with current job. I'm sure boss man will understand.

Al.. way to go! A job next to home.

Today I've had a 'shop experience' day. Had to work in one of our bakeries. Bloody hard work - I'm knackered. On my feet rushing about serving customers, etc. for 7 solid hours - don't know how these ladies and gents do it every day.
    Irish Al wrote:
    Jen thats wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much to lose out on, I think hells is right (:eek: ) explain to them that you really want the job but that you actually can't afford to lose the money...due to bills etc.

Well, I was just talkin to the boss man. Told him I just couldn't afford to be down that much money right now, otherwise I would have loved to have taken the job. *hopes I made the right choice* But its just ridiculous to lose that much for a career I don't even know I want yet! What I do want is to ramble around the world, and thats what I'm gonna do

And well done on the closer to home business
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    Well, I was just talkin to the boss man. Told him I just couldn't afford to be down that much money right now, otherwise I would have loved to have taken the job. *hopes I made the right choice* But its just ridiculous to lose that much for a career I don't even know I want yet! What I do want is to ramble around the world, and thats what I'm gonna do

:) good for you Jenny.

Rita, it's hard work but don't ya find it rewarding? Bet you loved it really :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    redrock wrote:
    Al.. way to go! A job next to home.

Thank you dearest :D
    Jennytree wrote:

Well done, proud of ya, you're better off tellin the truth :D
    I need a coffee!
    Helen - I actually had a good time, strangely enough. Time flew by. Even saw a few people I knew coming in the shop (I had to explain what I was doing there!).

Cool Jenny... keep on earning loads so you can travel the world in search of music! A career can be for later :D
    redrock wrote:
    Helen - I actually had a good time, strangely enough. Time flew by. Even saw a few people I knew coming in the shop (I had to explain what I was doing there!).
    Awww... is that the bakery beside the train? Where we bought the yummy cakes?

I used to do bar work... was really hard work on busy nights but they were the most rewarding and I really really enjoyed it. I'd imagine the bakery would be similar for you... nice sociable job :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    New baby

what have I missed?! :eek:

I was supposed to have a day off today but it magically turned into a night shift. ah well, I shall think about the money. :D (AND the fact that I can listen to Zeppelin all night long! it sounds amazing in the store with all the speakers all around! :D)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."