Options

Ten Club/Newbury Comics RSD Coke Bottle Clear Vinyl Ten LP in Shop.

Comments

• Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,436
    tylerj said:

I just got a shipping confirmation from the Ten Club for the vinyl, but I also bought a sticker (who doesn't). Any one else who maybe only bought the vinyl also get a shipping confirmation email?

I just bought the record, no shipping notification. They are probably shipping your sticker separately.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    vedderman72vedderman72 Posts: 387
    i didnt get a chance to get one if some one could hook me up i would be for ever grateful
    Indianapolis, Indiana 11-24-1991 East Troy, Wisconsin 08-29-1992 West Lafayette, Indiana 03-17-1994 Milwaukee, Wisconsin 07-09-1995 Chicago, Illinois 07-11-1995 East Troy, Wisconsin 06-26-1998 Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-2000 Chicago, Illinois 09-23-2002 Noblesville, Indiana 06-22-2003 Toledo, Ohio 10-02-2004 Chicago, Illinois 10-05-2005 Grand Rapids, MI 05-19-2006 Chicago, Illinois 08-02-2007 Chicago, Illinois 08-23-2009 Noblesville, Indiana 05-07-2010 East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
  • Options
    tylerjtylerj Indiana Posts: 290
    scurtis said:

tylerj said:

I just got a shipping confirmation from the Ten Club for the vinyl, but I also bought a sticker (who doesn't). Any one else who maybe only bought the vinyl also get a shipping confirmation email?

I just bought the record, no shipping notification. They are probably shipping your sticker separately.
    That's what I thought, but me paying only one shipping charge if they're going to ship the items separately seemed weird.

Thanks for the reply!
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 18, 2018
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2018
    St. Louis, Sept. 18, 2022
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    edited April 2014
    TinAnt said:

PJ_Soul said:

pdalowsky said:

pdalowsky said:

These are the same songs that are on any other TEN record, correct? There are no bonus songs or additional special features other than the color of the record?

Am I missing something?

yes, absolutely

they are 'collectibles'.

And colored and numbered out of 2000 as well.

What's funny, if they had just said colored version Ten, and not that it was limited edition of 2000, I would not be surprised if there were still some left
    Yeah, I think you're right... "Limited" seems more important than "collectible."
    well tbh they tend to go hand in hand, and why wouldn't your first edition of ten be a collectible too? can only one Ten be collectible ?

I'm just wondering when "collectible" became a dirty word.
    Maybe when the band started focusing on selling collectibles instead of music? I'm all for things being collectible, but I'd prefer it to be collectible for reasons that are determined by the collectors instead of the merchandiser. The same thing has happened in many markets, where instead of selling high quality toys/watches/lighters(whatever) they start degrading the quality and putting numbers on them to increase their desirability. Nobody here can say that a redux of the redux was something of a hole in the Pearl Jam catalog and I think they should concentrate on efforts to release new styles of goods even if they carry a risk of not being popular or selling out the same hour you put them up for sale.
    I think you are underestimating the collectors. They know what they want and what they don't want. The buyers still determine things, no doubt about it.
    Also, Pearl Jam doesn't focus on selling collectibles instead of music. Come ON. If that were true, then they wouldn't be one of the best live bands to see in the world and they wouldn't have so many fucking amazing albums as well as solo careers. I can't believe that people are saying that they focus more on collectibles than music just because they put out their most successful album on coloured vinyl as a prelude to RSD. Have you all gone MAD? How much energy do you think releasing this thing has drained from the band so that you think it's making their music suffer? image
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 863
    I'm surprised this is already selling at eBay for hundreds of dollars. I just looked and there are auctions with many bids over $200 already. It's on lightweight vinyl and there is nothing new musically here. It's just "different".
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!) • 10/1/94 Bridge School • 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!) • 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!) • 10/25/03 B. School • 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!) • 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!) • 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!) • 5/13/22 Oakland (had to leave early, but W.M.A.! Immortality!) • 5/13/24 Sacramento (Light Years! Picture in a Frame!) • 5/25/24 Bottle Rock (Last Kiss! Maybe It’s Time w/Bradley Cooper!)
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    rssesq said:

stop bitchin and go cop that wu tang re-issue from newbury. ;)

I grabbed the wu and the strokes.
  • Options

i didnt get a chance to get one if some one could hook me up i would be for ever grateful

Good luck. Likewise, if anyone wants to forego the mega bucks and help a brutha out, I missed one too.
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!) • 10/1/94 Bridge School • 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!) • 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!) • 10/25/03 B. School • 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!) • 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!) • 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!) • 5/13/22 Oakland (had to leave early, but W.M.A.! Immortality!) • 5/13/24 Sacramento (Light Years! Picture in a Frame!) • 5/25/24 Bottle Rock (Last Kiss! Maybe It’s Time w/Bradley Cooper!)
  • Options

rssesq said:

stop bitchin and go cop that wu tang re-issue from newbury. ;)

I grabbed the wu and the strokes.
    Both those albums are in my wantlist, but I'm after the original issues for sound reasons.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    MayDay10 said:

Hahahahahaha.....hahahahahaha!
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    MayDay10 said:

Well Played
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    aurynsdad said:

I'm surprised this is already selling at eBay for hundreds of dollars. I just looked and there are auctions with many bids over $200 already. It's on lightweight vinyl and there is nothing new musically here. It's just "different".

I'm super surprised that people want them so bad they're willing to pay that much. This keeps happening with all the crazy PJ fans. I pick up these things because I think they're kinda cool and fun to have, and intend to play any vinyl I buy... and then this item, that I never expected to be worth anything because of what it is (Sevens! Red LBs! Now Coke Ten!) starts going for hundreds of dollars, and suddenly I feel like it COULD become a trade item, even though that is never my intent when I buy it. In my mind this has NOTHING to do with PJ and 10C's action and everything to do with you fans out there.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    TinAntTinAnt Posts: 343
    PJ_Soul said:

TinAnt said:

PJ_Soul said:

pdalowsky said:

pdalowsky said:

These are the same songs that are on any other TEN record, correct? There are no bonus songs or additional special features other than the color of the record?

Am I missing something?

yes, absolutely

they are 'collectibles'.

What's funny, if they had just said colored version Ten, and not that it was limited edition of 2000, I would not be surprised if there were still some left
    Yeah, I think you're right... "Limited" seems more important than "collectible."
    well tbh they tend to go hand in hand, and why wouldn't your first edition of ten be a collectible too? can only one Ten be collectible ?

Maybe when the band started focusing on selling collectibles instead of music? I'm all for things being collectible, but I'd prefer it to be collectible for reasons that are determined by the collectors instead of the merchandiser. The same thing has happened in many markets, where instead of selling high quality toys/watches/lighters(whatever) they start degrading the quality and putting numbers on them to increase their desirability. Nobody here can say that a redux of the redux was something of a hole in the Pearl Jam catalog and I think they should concentrate on efforts to release new styles of goods even if they carry a risk of not being popular or selling out the same hour you put them up for sale.
    I think you are underestimating the collectors. They know what they want and what they don't want. The buyers still determine things, no doubt about it.
    Also, Pearl Jam doesn't focus on selling collectibles instead of music. Come ON. If that were true, then they wouldn't be one of the best live bands to see in the world and they wouldn't have so many fucking amazing albums as well as solo careers. I can't believe that people are saying that they focus more on collectibles than music just because they put out their most successful album on coloured vinyl as a prelude to RSD. Have you all gone MAD? How much energy do you think releasing this thing has drained from the band so that you think it's making their music suffer? image
    I don't think it makes their music suffer I just think that releasing something with new music on it would be better, I used to buy this stuff because I couldn't get it anywhere else. Owning rare music is more important to me than having a funny colored vinyl sitting beside my five different variations of the same thing. The xmas singles have been lacking, not a B-side to be found from Lightning Bolt, Sevens containing no new music and then they come out with a Reduxed Redux of Ten? I'm not even proud to own Sevens and I'm going to be completely bored when Reduxed Redux Ten shows up(the original Redux bored me honestly), it has lost its meaning.
  • Options
    TinAnt said:

PJ_Soul said:

TinAnt said:

PJ_Soul said:

pdalowsky said:

pdalowsky said:

Am I missing something?

yes, absolutely

they are 'collectibles'.

I don't think it makes their music suffer I just think that releasing something with new music on it would be better, I used to buy this stuff because I couldn't get it anywhere else. Owning rare music is more important to me than having a funny colored vinyl sitting beside my five different variations of the same thing. The xmas singles have been lacking, not a B-side to be found from Lightning Bolt, Sevens containing no new music and then they come out with a Reduxed Redux of Ten? I'm not even proud to own Sevens and I'm going to be completely bored when Reduxed Redux Ten shows up(the original Redux bored me honestly), it has lost its meaning.
    Well of COURSE new Pearl Jam music would be better (and yes, the holiday single was a major disappointment last year). But obviously they don't have anything new to give us right now, whether or not they release other shit has no impact on that, so in the meantime why not give the fans something else to enjoy if they want to?
    And yeah, it does seem silly for someone to have 5 variants of the same album. So if that someone thinks so, then they shouldn't keep buying more variants, right?
    Sorry, I just don't see what the problem is here. If you don't think the item has any purpose, then don't buy it. Those who get enjoyment out of it for whatever reason, buy it if you can. Sounds good to me!
  • Options
    TinAntTinAnt Posts: 343
    edited April 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

TinAnt said:

PJ_Soul said:

TinAnt said:

PJ_Soul said:

pdalowsky said:

pdalowsky said:

Am I missing something?

yes, absolutely

they are 'collectibles'.

Well of COURSE new Pearl Jam music would be better (and yes, the holiday single was a major disappointment last year). But obviously they don't have anything new to give us right now, whether or not they release other shit has no impact on that, so in the meantime why not give the fans something else to enjoy if they want to?
    And yeah, it does seem silly for someone to have 5 variants of the same album. So if that someone thinks so, then they shouldn't keep buying more variants, right?
    Sorry, I just don't see what the problem is here. If you don't think the item has any purpose, then don't buy it. Those who get enjoyment out of it for whatever reason, buy it if you can. Sounds good to me!
    I guess if I had a cash register and all I had to do was open the drawer and take money I would too. People change I guess, I'm just wondering what the band of 1995 would think of the band of 2014.
    Post edited by TinAnt on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    I understand the complaints from people who missed out on the sale, but the complaints from those who did purchase this are just mystifying. No one forced you to buy this. Just cancel your order. It is a presale, nothing has shipped. Just cancel your order and be done with it.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    jrock60jrock60 Posts: 76
    Just received this from Newbury, I ordered 3 originally:

You are receiving this email because you purchased the Pearl Jam - Ten Coke-Bottle Clear Vinyl from newburycomics.com.

Regretfully, because of technical difficulties due to high demand on the web site, you will be shipped only 2 of the quantity you originally ordered.

Your credit card will only be charged for the 2 items shipped to you.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

If you have any questions or concerns or if you'd like to cancel your order, please reply with your order number.
    I'll ride the wave...
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    tylerj said:

scurtis said:

tylerj said:

That's what I thought, but me paying only one shipping charge if they're going to ship the items separately seemed weird.

Thanks for the reply!
    I don't think there is a shipping charge on stickers, so they just mail that to you - the vinyl probably will be sealed up in its own packing/box.

2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992
    :))
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    jrock60 said:

You are receiving this email because you purchased the Pearl Jam - Ten Coke-Bottle Clear Vinyl from newburycomics.com.

Regretfully, because of technical difficulties due to high demand on the web site, you will be shipped only 2 of the quantity you originally ordered.

If you have any questions or concerns or if you'd like to cancel your order, please reply with your order number.

I guess they weren't prepared for the frenzy that Pearl Jam vinyl creates, lol..... Given that, I have a sense that they will try and partner up with PJ again in the future. It's a lucrative and risk free little endeavor for them I imagine.

I tried to get in on their website to buy the thing out of curiosity (I wouldn't have completed the purchase), and I couldn't even get passed the first page. The wheels just spun for an hour when I clicked on the item.
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Going to be some refunding on eBay!

>:)
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    jlaustin said:

Oh yeah. image
    One shouldn't sell what they don't yet have. [-X
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    jrock60 said:

You really needed 3 copies of this dude? Jesus...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    jrock60jrock60 Posts: 76
    jlaustin said:

that's exactly what i was thinking, good thing I had no plans to post them on ebay, got 1 for me and 1 for a gift, the third was for trade here. Oh well no trade i guess.
    I'll ride the wave...
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Poor ebay, less viggorish for them on the sale and the paypal transfer fees.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,046
    I'm no expert on vinyl production, record company bullshit, publishing royalties, or much of anything else... I'm sure they have master lacquers or could get them from Epic, or cut new ones from that huge tape library they I saw in those Lightning Bolt videos.
    I have an Analog membership. If you press some of the back catalog, (from No Code to Avocado) I promise to buy them!
    I'm not asking for a Benny or even L2L or PJ20...just general availability of the catalog on vinyl.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    edited April 2014

jrock60 said:

Newbury let it happen, so I don't know if it's fair to jump on folks who took advantage of the opportunity. I don't understand why Newbury allowed a 5 item limit (maybe record stores buy from them the same way individuals do?), but since they did, I can't blame anyone for buying extras for trading or selling. I always look at the buyers when things are selling at ridiculous prices on ebay, not the sellers. The buyers are the ones driving the bus.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    In other words

DONT HATE THE PLAYA, hate the game!
    PJ_Soul said:

jrock60 said:

Newbury let it happen, so I don't know if it's fair to jump on folks who took advantage of the opportunity. I don't understand why Newbury allowed a 5 item limit (maybe record stores buy from them the same way individuals do?), but since they did, I can't blame anyone for buying extras for trading or selling. I always look at the buyers when things are selling at ridiculous prices on ebay, not the sellers. The buyers are the ones driving the bus.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,436
    tylerj said:

scurtis said:

tylerj said:

Thanks for the reply!
    I've had it happen lots of times, especially on pre-sale items. Also, in my experience, I don't think 10C charges for shipping on stickers. Could be wrong on that one, but that's how I remember it.

"Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,046
    Zod said:

How much money do they get from it? The records are 29.99 each and there are 2000. That's only 60 grand. How much do the records cost to make?

If they were in it for the money you would think they would consider a larger run. EPIC owns the Ten album right? So the guys are only making royalties and whatever their contractual share per album was? I have to imagine what the band gets from this is chump change compared to what they get for playing a show or releasing a new album under their own label.

I may be naive, but I continue to believe this band is motivated by more than money.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018