Options

Ten Club/Newbury Comics RSD Coke Bottle Clear Vinyl Ten LP in Shop.

Comments

• Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    These are the same songs that are on any other TEN record, correct? There are no bonus songs or additional special features other than the color of the record?

Am I missing something?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    TimoRitzenTimoRitzen Posts: 147
    God damn, already sold out just after we got the mail. Insane... Like with the Sevens singles box: why not do a certain pre-order period and make them to order? lots of fans missing out now while they`d be up @ ebay for a lot higher price.
    I agree that people outside the US miss out easier on these things, really annoying. Would anyone maybe be so kind to try and pick me up a copy on RSD? send me a message if you`re willing to help out
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909

These are the same songs that are on any other TEN record, correct? There are no bonus songs or additional special features other than the color of the record?

Am I missing something?

I believe it's exactly identical to the re-release from a few years ago -- two LPs, one the remaster and the other the remix.

BUT IT'S ON CLEAR VINYL.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,949

Am I missing something?

yes, absolutely

they are 'collectibles'.

• Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,436
    There will be a lot of flipping on this one cause of the 5 per person on Newbury's site.

But, you can't expect one business (10C) to tell another business (Newbury) how to manager their sales. Not going to happen.

I'm sure Newbury approached 10C and said, "we will do all the work, we just need your permission and will give you X amount of the profits". 10C probably requested to have some sold here as a courtesy to the fans, cause like Paul said, $30,000 sale is probably a drop in the bucket; but they're never going to make everyone happy.

All the flipping will drive the price down anyway, after this initial rush of sales, so that's a small consolation.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

Am I missing something?

yes, absolutely

they are 'collectibles'.

Ahhh, now I get it... the old one I have is a non-collectible. If its not for collecting, I suppose its just for listening.
    :)) ...just messing with you guys. :)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,295
    pdalowsky said:

Am I missing something?

yes, absolutely

they are 'collectibles'.

And colored and numbered out of 2000 as well.

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887

pdalowsky said:

Am I missing something?

yes, absolutely

they are 'collectibles'.

What's funny, if they had just said colored version Ten, and not that it was limited edition of 2000, I would not be surprised if there were still some left
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

pdalowsky said:

Am I missing something?

yes, absolutely

they are 'collectibles'.

What's funny, if they had just said colored version Ten, and not that it was limited edition of 2000, I would not be surprised if there were still some left
    Yeah, I think you're right... "Limited" seems more important than "collectible."
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    scurtis said:

But, you can't expect one business (10C) to tell another business (Newbury) how to manager their sales. Not going to happen.

I'm sure Newbury approached 10C and said, "we will do all the work, we just need your permission and will give you X amount of the profits". 10C probably requested to have some sold here as a courtesy to the fans, cause like Paul said, $30,000 sale is probably a drop in the bucket; but they're never going to make everyone happy.

Bingo! I guess we should be happy that the Vault #3 vinyl, which was probably the best sounding live vinyl released to date, was available as a pre-order. I doubt the 10club is going to do pre-orders for everything, but if they always do pre-orders for Vault vinyl releases I will be satisfied.

PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001

Media mail would cost 4.88 with a tracking number and it will get to you in a week.

That price is postage only. It does not include packaging costs or labor costs.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,735

This isn't a Record Store Day release. Newbury Comics never claimed it to be. I think it's just an inadvertent error on 10C's part that they advertised it as such.

They do these type of limited runs all the time. I would say a majority of these releases end up in the stores. Even the Black Keys - Chulahoma, limited to 750 copies, was still available in my local store last I checked. If this was sold only by Newbury Comics, I don't think it would have sold out as as fast as it did. We may have gotten another 30 minutes to get a copy :)
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,376

This isn't a Record Store Day release. Newbury Comics never claimed it to be. I think it's just an inadvertent error on 10C's part that they advertised it as such

Maybe not a proper RSD release, although Newbury seems to be treating it as one. As they have stated, they will have some in-store on RSD.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited April 2014

Am I missing something?

No JP it's just that magical marketing word "Limited" and you better hurry or you won't get one. Now I fall for this as well. And due to demand someone scoring added 100 bucks to their estate. It's all pretty silly. Kinda like getting puppies on one's checks (remember checks). People paid more but they did no more than the free plain ones.

So who selling extra clear 10? Please pm. :D
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,046
    edited April 2014
    I already own at least 5 copies of Ten, Purple sleeve/Clear Epic Cassette, a CD, more than one digital copy, and the Ten Reissue/REDUX, that is exactly the same as this Coke Bottle clear vinyl.

How about a 20 dollar No Code , or Binaural LP for tremorChrist's sake...
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,046
    edited April 2014
    Speaking of 5 copies...
    "This Newbury Comics Exclusive Vinyl 2x LP pressing is limited to (5) per customer."
    was the message I got when I placed Talking Heads - The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads 2x LP (Maroon Vinyl) in my cart.
    That record is killer, but do I really need five copies?
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    edited April 2014
    Also, if they had done this as a pre-order like the 3rd vault, I wonder if even 2000 would have been sold?

I'm positive there would have been threads complaining about them re-pressing 10 but on colored vinyl.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,735
    Travelar said:

This isn't a Record Store Day release. Newbury Comics never claimed it to be. I think it's just an inadvertent error on 10C's part that they advertised it as such

Maybe not a proper RSD release, although Newbury seems to be treating it as one. As they have stated, they will have some in-store on RSD.
    What's left will be available in-store on April 15. Record Store Day is April 19th...they never said or implied this was a RSD release.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559

I already own at least 5 copies of Ten, Purple sleeve/Clear Epic Cassette, a CD, more than one digital copy, and the Ten Reissue/REDUX, that is exactly the same as this Coke Bottle clear vinyl.

Seriously!! Why Ten? If you want to be a band that continues to release all your old stuff for more money call yourself the Beatles

Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,406
    edited April 2014
    smithnic said:

Seriously!! Why Ten? If you want to be a band that continues to release all your old stuff for more money call yourself the Beatles

How much money do they get from it? The records are 29.99 each and there are 2000. That's only 60 grand. How much do the records cost to make?

If they were in it for the money you would think they would consider a larger run. EPIC owns the Ten album right? So the guys are only making royalties and whatever their contractual share per album was? I have to imagine what the band gets from this is chump change compared to what they get for playing a show or releasing a new album under their own label.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    BinFrog said:

mick29 said:

BinFrog said:

mick29 said:

Ok. So this was once again another thing released over night Australian time. I woke to this nightmare.

If anyone was lucky enough and got multiples at Newbury and wants to make someone really happy please PM me.

Exactly, the email came through for me at 3:17am, I was up around 5:30ish, checked emails about 20 mins later, followed link with not much hope of success and was not surprised they were sold out. Would it be too hard to release something at a time when at least most people are awake? Not the first time.
    No offense, but they are an American-based band. They did release when most people were awake.
    This is true, however there are more countries in the world than America and I would almost bet my house on it that the global fan base is larger than the 'American' one.

Even if they could advertise the presale like someone else has mentioned to be on at a certain time etc, then ppl can decide if they wish to get be up ready and waiting.

Would also eliminate the received emails to fan club members that arrived after they were sold out which happened to a fair few 'American' members by the looks of it.

But back to the original point us aussies are making these releases are constantly released btn 3-5am AEST, the most populus zone for Australia. Not midnight, not 6am. Either of those 2 times would still be fine for the majority of the US. And binfrog let me remind u pj hail from usa but have a global audience. Continuing that argument after 23 odd years. Omg. We are paid up members wanting a fair go. Missed mad season, all recent 7" and was only lucky on sevens because you guys in the USA second guessed. See the pattern. ..not fair to a contingent of the paid up member fan base. Mick was just explaining the situation. ..this site would melt down if it was other way around. Anyways I am privileged to have such awesome buddies on here
    Please. I'm not trying to make this into anything more than it is. Like it or not, Pearl Jam is an American band...and thus they cater to the American fans when it comes to stuff like this. They released it through their site, which is based on America, and Newbury Comics...which is an east coast American company.

I fully understand the fact that they are a global band with fans all over the world. But they are based here, in America. I wouldn't expect an Australian band, or British band, etc, to cater to the American crowd when it comes to stuff like this. Maybe they do, and maybe they don't.

For the record: I got shut out of this. I was at lunch and did not get the email until it was sold out. Shit happens. I've scored some awesome vinyl, and I've missed out on a few. It's how this whole limited release game goes. That's why/how a limited release works. You win some, you lose some. Like it or not, this is what PJ is going for when they release something in limited amounts. It'd a collector's item. Not everyone can have one...otherwise it's not really a limited release now is it?

I don't even know if i would call it entitlement, but some people need to calm down. How many listenable version of Ten do you already have? This is just one more. Sure it sounds cool, but it's just one release of Ten. Everyone who got shut out needs to take a deep breath. Life will go on.
    I agree, and I don't think it's reasonable to expect people at 10C to adjust their work hours just so that people on the other side of the world are awake for their sales. 10C does these things live - people are at the warehouse releasing the sale and watching for crashes and answering questions, etc. They have regular work hours there, and they shouldn't be working super early or late because of the time zone in Australia. As mentioned, they are Americans in America working for an American band sharing the item with an American company. Those around the world need to live with that. You get the benefit when a band on your side of the world does the same thing (and I guess it's too bad for you if there is no band that appeals to you as much over there).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,949

pdalowsky said:

Am I missing something?

yes, absolutely

they are 'collectibles'.

Yeah, I think you're right... "Limited" seems more important than "collectible."
    well tbh they tend to go hand in hand, and why wouldn't your first edition of ten be a collectible too? can only one Ten be collectible ?

• Options

The existence of this album has nothing to do with them releasing or not releasing other albums... Some seem to think that this record being sold somehow adds to the delay in other reissues. It doesn't. Your desire for studio reissues should be the same this morning as it was yesterday morning, no?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

pdalowsky said:

Am I missing something?

yes, absolutely

they are 'collectibles'.

well tbh they tend to go hand in hand, and why wouldn't your first edition of ten be a collectible too? can only one Ten be collectible ?

I'm just wondering when "collectible" became a dirty word.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,399
    PJ_Soul said:
    One difference I see is Kiss has a bunch of $7.95 and $9.95 T-shirts.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Poncier said:

PJ_Soul said:
    One difference I see is Kiss has a bunch of $7.95 and $9.95 T-shirts.
    That easy when you have a billion dollar merchandising empire.
    They have 3 pages worth of just KISS party supplies, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    tylerjtylerj Indiana Posts: 290
    I just got a shipping confirmation from the Ten Club for the vinyl, but I also bought a sticker (who doesn't). Any one else who maybe only bought the vinyl also get a shipping confirmation email?
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 18, 2018
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2018
    St. Louis, Sept. 18, 2022
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992

Exactly..
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    TinAntTinAnt Posts: 343
    PJ_Soul said:

pdalowsky said:

pdalowsky said:

Am I missing something?

yes, absolutely

they are 'collectibles'.

I'm just wondering when "collectible" became a dirty word.
    Maybe when the band started focusing on selling collectibles instead of music? I'm all for things being collectible, but I'd prefer it to be collectible for reasons that are determined by the collectors instead of the merchandiser. The same thing has happened in many markets, where instead of selling high quality toys/watches/lighters(whatever) they start degrading the quality and putting numbers on them to increase their desirability. Nobody here can say that a redux of the redux was something of a hole in the Pearl Jam catalog and I think they should concentrate on efforts to release new styles of goods even if they carry a risk of not being popular or selling out the same hour you put them up for sale.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992
    edited April 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

The existence of this album has nothing to do with them releasing or not releasing other albums... Some seem to think that this record being sold somehow adds to the delay in other reissues. It doesn't. Your desire for studio reissues should be the same this morning as it was yesterday morning, no?
    i think the point is, correct me if wrong tiki, if its that simple to do a run of 2000 specialty coke vinyls, how easy would it be at the same time to throw in a couple of the other albums during the same production run, as everyone knows they will sell.

and 10c when you start planning for no code, yield, etc please do preorders. As they are albums i would hate to miss buying
    Post edited by Nami on
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....