Options

Ten Club/Newbury Comics RSD Coke Bottle Clear Vinyl Ten LP in Shop.

Comments

• Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    boyo79 said:

Can't wait for the next limited edition release and the same thread that goes with it. We know PJ love to release a ton of mer h nowdays - some of it good, some terrible. We know a percentage of people will buy this stuff to flip/trade. Bottomline is if people are willing to buy something on the secondary market for $250 that cost an intital $30 2 days ago then the only people to blame are the people encouraging flippers.

I'm guilty of selling stuff for more than I paid so I guess that makes me a flipper too. Anyone with any sense to turn $30 into $250 would do it without thinking twice and you right Ian, it's the ones who will pay those prices that fuel it. These people have no right to criticize flippers or scalpers. Now who wants my Coke bottle Ten...
    ;))
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Gotta love Capitalism, but it is also nice to see some people think of others before themselves.... Which doesn't happen much when limited merch is involved. The 'I Me Mine' mentality kicks in for some.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,053

Norman said:

I think reasonable DOES apply to trades. Trades have a cash value. I just think it's pretentious for someone to think they can unload a $30 record that they don't even physically have, for a record valued at ~$200.

I wouldn't mind so much if the same number of people were offering up their copies of Rearviewmirror or Lost Dogs to trade for coke bottleTen.

It's lopsided in a huge, unreasonable way, but I guess if you're up for the trade then good on ya.

I don't think it's no longer a thirty dollar record once it sells out. The value now is whatever some yoyo is willing to pay for it.
    Just gonna clarify it for you - the presale has sold out. There will be copies available in the stores on April 15th.

So yeah, it's still a $30 record.

Until NC raises the price $10-20 because of what it's going for on the secondary market. Then it's not a $30 record anymore.
  • Options
    They have done that before. AND flipped their exclusive pressings on eBay.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Why Coke, no Pepsi? No fries, chips!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,878
    What I don't quite understand is, given this is a RSD release, why were some released by 10C, which the last time I checked is not an independent record store, and the remainder released by ONE record store (albeit w/ multiple locations)? I love me some 10C but they're consistently perplexing in how they run the biz. Kudos to those who were able to score a very limited, limited RSD release.
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,735
    jjflash said:

What I don't quite understand is, given this is a RSD release, why were some released by 10C, which the last time I checked is not an independent record store, and the remainder released by ONE record store (albeit w/ multiple locations)? I love me some 10C but they're consistently perplexing in how they run the biz. Kudos to those who were able to score a very limited, limited RSD release.

It's NOT a Record Store Day release....the 10C description is incorrect.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options

They have done that before. AND flipped their exclusive pressings on eBay.

I'm going through their listings (including sold), all buy-it-now, and don't see any price difference between what they are offering via their web store and what they are selling on Ebay.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Did you go back to the volcano choir release?
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    They sold 40-50 on eBay 10 at a time and raised the price $5-10 every lot.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Nothing shows up for the Volcano Choir exclusive press being sold by Newbury Comics.

Selling it for $5-$10 over is hardly "flipping" in my opinion. That would just cover the fees eBay and paypal take.
    Besides - it's THEIR exclusive vinyl release - so how is that flipping anyway?

Post edited by lotsalemon on

• Options
    TinAntTinAnt Posts: 343
    pdalowsky said:

TinAnt said:

Sorry, I'm just chiming in since I've been reading along and maybe they did but it sounds pretty doubtful that ALL of that show was donated to charity. But you also can't blame someone for making money, shit if I could I would! Reminds me of Yankee haters always quoting salaries and cash as their excuses when their teams just took longer to realize that it's all a business and that they all just do it too.

And yes PJ soul, it kind of does seem like your ragging on those that are pissed, and defending the band because you got one. I can see both sides. It certainly doesn't suck when you scored one!

Anyway, the lesson to me about the whole thing is to be on high alert on Tuesdays, and of course on the 10th of the month.

The Yankees don't sing songs about greed and abuse of power.
    Yawn,

attitudes change, responsibilities change, morals evolve, life experience can play a large role in shifting ethics........ Im not entirely sure I live by what I thought was the right way 20 years ago, how about you?
    Yes, I just hope the fan base will/can also see the change that is occuring with the band.

"When progress could be plausible
    In reverse we curse ourselves"

Keep on building your floors guys.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    jonsey30 said:

I'm moving to the US, not for job opportunity, not for family, but for Limited Releases from PJ. Should I go east side or west?

Anywhere but the midwest. PJ never plays here...
    :D
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,982

jjflash said:

It's NOT a Record Store Day release....the 10C description is incorrect.
    Yep!

Newbury ...

10club ..

Just imagine for a minute & wonder what would of happened if TenClub & Newbury Comics waited. Waited to drop this sale Coke Bottle Clear Vinyl Ten LP on Saturday April 19th on Record Store Day.
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,212
    i'm surprised they didn't, to be honest.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,954
    TinAnt said:

pdalowsky said:

TinAnt said:

Sorry, I'm just chiming in since I've been reading along and maybe they did but it sounds pretty doubtful that ALL of that show was donated to charity. But you also can't blame someone for making money, shit if I could I would! Reminds me of Yankee haters always quoting salaries and cash as their excuses when their teams just took longer to realize that it's all a business and that they all just do it too.

And yes PJ soul, it kind of does seem like your ragging on those that are pissed, and defending the band because you got one. I can see both sides. It certainly doesn't suck when you scored one!

Anyway, the lesson to me about the whole thing is to be on high alert on Tuesdays, and of course on the 10th of the month.

The Yankees don't sing songs about greed and abuse of power.
    Yawn,

attitudes change, responsibilities change, morals evolve, life experience can play a large role in shifting ethics........ Im not entirely sure I live by what I thought was the right way 20 years ago, how about you?
    Yes, I just hope the fan base will/can also see the change that is occuring with the band.

"When progress could be plausible
    In reverse we curse ourselves"

Keep on building your floors guys.
    so, you didn't answer the question, did you or did you not buy into this 'boring' cash grab?
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    I guess I should preface this with, "yes, I got one".

The value on this thing will drop faster than my pants on prom night...for those looking, hold out. Some of these trades are a tragedy and a joke. Anyone willing to trade a Lost Dogs for this record needs to have their head checked after getting kicked in the nuts.
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181

The value on this thing will drop faster than my pants on prom night...for those looking, hold out. Some of these trades are a tragedy and a joke. Anyone willing to trade a Lost Dogs for this record needs to have their head checked after getting kicked in the nuts.

Haha! Agreed. I think it will retain some value, but probably settle around the value of a white backspacer. 2000 copies really isn't that limited IMO
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Just got shippjng email from
    Newbury. Looks like Dhl for international orders
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235

Newbury

Ship what?

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Wow, shipping before release date to meet said release date, what a novel concept!!!!!
  • Options
    oysterjar said:

Newbury

Ship what?
    Ten
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    edited April 2014

oysterjar said:

Newbury

Ship what?
    Ten
    I know I just wanted to share in the moment of your 2,000th post :))

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    And I doubt they are ever going to put out a Super Deluxe Edition of "Lost Dogs"...
    So probably it will never be reissued...

• Options
    I bet Lost Dogs would get reissued before Rearviewmirror, PJ20 or Benaroya ever would.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,608
    boyo79 said:

Can't wait for the next limited edition release and the same thread that goes with it. We know PJ love to release a ton of mer h nowdays - some of it good, some terrible. We know a percentage of people will buy this stuff to flip/trade. Bottomline is if people are willing to buy something on the secondary market for $250 that cost an intital $30 2 days ago then the only people to blame are the people encouraging flippers.

Ding Ding!

This should be the end of the thread, because this is the answer.

• Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    Spoken said:

And I doubt they are ever going to put out a Super Deluxe Edition of "Lost Dogs"...
    So probably it will never be reissued...

I think that's a very safe assumption, that LD will never get a deluxe/re-release.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Why? I don't think it's a safe assumption. Given the material on there, it's the most likely of the non albums to get repressed.

But yeah, a deluxe for it would be silly and I don't think it would happen. But I do think a regular reissue will.

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,869
    LD getting reissued? very doubtful, think of all the other albums and work (that should) get reissued or done first, including vaults, dvd's, boots, etc... No one is really interested in a LD repressing, I don't think so, but I could be very wrong. It seemed like at the time it was a "here's some b-sides" and that's it vibe.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    im not in favor of re-pressing anything, unless it is completely "different" as far as packaging, vinyl color, etc.

Would rather see the release of "new material" on vinyl such as live stuff or the next generation of B-sides. Also would like to see some video releases