Options

Ten Club/Newbury Comics RSD Coke Bottle Clear Vinyl Ten LP in Shop.

Comments

• Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    That Strokes release looks SWEET.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

YES!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,766
    MedozK said:

YES!
    It really does! I grabbed one. Only $25 - seems fair.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,735
    edited April 2014
    MayDay10 said:

Well if it makes you feel any better, in lost dogs, there are more threads by idiots trying to unload these in lopsided trades than people actually in search of. The "price" will certainly drop

Yup - and this rule is taken straight from the Lost Dogs FAQ:

You can trade and set a reasonable price here for Pearl Jam memorabilia as long as the item is not available elsewhere on the site.

Key word here = reasonable. Trade you my coke bottle Ten for Lost Dogs? Right.....

* Flipping is buying items (from Ten Club or merch booth, etc.) with the intent to resell for a profit.

Pretty much applies to all the people trading off their copy. Trading off what they don't even have yet...

Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,766

MayDay10 said:

Well if it makes you feel any better, in lost dogs, there are more threads by idiots trying to unload these in lopsided trades than people actually in search of. The "price" will certainly drop

Yup - and this rule is taken straight from the Lost Dogs FAQ:

You can trade and set a reasonable price here for Pearl Jam memorabilia as long as the item is not available elsewhere on the site.

Key word here = reasonable. Trade you my coke bottle Ten for Lost Dogs? Right.....

* Flipping is buying items (from Ten Club or merch booth, etc.) with the intent to resell for a profit.

Pretty much applies to all the people trading off their copy. Trading off what they don't even have yet...

I don't think that word "reasonable" applies to trades. Only prices. If someone wanted to trade their house for a coke bottle Ten, I see no problem with that. In trades, the assumption is that both parties involved are happy with the exchange.
    I traded a sealed Sevens for a poster not worth more than maybe $120 a couple weeks ago. I'm the one who offered the Sevens for the poster. Great. The guy with the poster got a good deal, right? So if the guy with the poster had asked for a Sevens instead of the other way around, then he would be the bad guy even if I was happy with the trade?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I think reasonable DOES apply to trades. Trades have a cash value. I just think it's pretentious for someone to think they can unload a $30 record that they don't even physically have, for a record valued at ~$200.

I wouldn't mind so much if the same number of people were offering up their copies of Rearviewmirror or Lost Dogs to trade for coke bottleTen.

It's lopsided in a huge, unreasonable way, but I guess if you're up for the trade then good on ya.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

I wouldn't mind so much if the same number of people were offering up their copies of Rearviewmirror or Lost Dogs to trade for coke bottleTen.

Never thought about it like that...good thought.
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998

I think reasonable DOES apply to trades. Trades have a cash value. I just think it's pretentious for someone to think they can unload a $30 record that they don't even physically have, for a record valued at ~$200.

It's lopsided in a huge, unreasonable way, but I guess if you're up for the trade then good on ya.

If someone is willing to trade their Lost Dogs for one of these, isn't the trade "reasonable" to that person? What makes you the trade-reasonability police?
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    jonsey30 said:

If someone is willing to trade their Lost Dogs for one of these, isn't the trade "reasonable" to that person? What makes you the trade-reasonability police?
    And secondly, wasn't that "$200 record" once priced at $30 (or less)? How is it okay to ask $200 for that but not for this? People are rediculous. You only say that stuff because you wanted one.
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    jonsey30 said:

jonsey30 said:

And secondly, wasn't that "$200 record" once priced at $30 (or less)? How is it okay to ask $200 for that but not for this? People are rediculous. You only say that stuff because you wanted one.
    That $200 record was $30 eleven years ago. The $30 coke bottle Ten was $30....yesterday. Inflated and exaggerated appreciation shouldn't be what you value goods at. But if you want to, as I said before, have at it.

And nope, I really didn't want one. I had the opportunity and I passed it up. No biggie. Just my opinion, as I said previously.

Signed:
    the self-appointed reasonability (is that even a word?) police

• Options

jonsey30 said:

jonsey30 said:

That $200 record was $30 eleven years ago. The $30 coke bottle Ten was $30....yesterday. Inflated and exaggerated appreciation shouldn't be what you value goods at. But if you want to, as I said before, have at it.

And nope, I really didn't want one. I had the opportunity and I passed it up. No biggie. Just my opinion, as I said previously.

Signed:
    the self-appointed reasonability (is that even a word?) police
    Indeed it is a word. And again, without buyers, there are no flippers. Don't let it get ya down, bud. Talk about how rediculous the buyers are, not the sellers...
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    NormanNorman Posts: 112

I don't think it's no longer a thirty dollar record once it sells out. The value now is whatever some yoyo is willing to pay for it.
  • Options
    mick29mick29 Posts: 37
    PJ_Soul said:

BinFrog said:

mick29 said:

BinFrog said:

mick29 said:

Ok. So this was once again another thing released over night Australian time. I woke to this nightmare.

If anyone was lucky enough and got multiples at Newbury and wants to make someone really happy please PM me.

Exactly, the email came through for me at 3:17am, I was up around 5:30ish, checked emails about 20 mins later, followed link with not much hope of success and was not surprised they were sold out. Would it be too hard to release something at a time when at least most people are awake? Not the first time.
    No offense, but they are an American-based band. They did release when most people were awake.
    This is true, however there are more countries in the world than America and I would almost bet my house on it that the global fan base is larger than the 'American' one.

Even if they could advertise the presale like someone else has mentioned to be on at a certain time etc, then ppl can decide if they wish to get be up ready and waiting.

Would also eliminate the received emails to fan club members that arrived after they were sold out which happened to a fair few 'American' members by the looks of it.

But back to the original point us aussies are making these releases are constantly released btn 3-5am AEST, the most populus zone for Australia. Not midnight, not 6am. Either of those 2 times would still be fine for the majority of the US. And binfrog let me remind u pj hail from usa but have a global audience. Continuing that argument after 23 odd years. Omg. We are paid up members wanting a fair go. Missed mad season, all recent 7" and was only lucky on sevens because you guys in the USA second guessed. See the pattern. ..not fair to a contingent of the paid up member fan base. Mick was just explaining the situation. ..this site would melt down if it was other way around. Anyways I am privileged to have such awesome buddies on here
    Please. I'm not trying to make this into anything more than it is. Like it or not, Pearl Jam is an American band...and thus they cater to the American fans when it comes to stuff like this. They released it through their site, which is based on America, and Newbury Comics...which is an east coast American company.

I fully understand the fact that they are a global band with fans all over the world. But they are based here, in America. I wouldn't expect an Australian band, or British band, etc, to cater to the American crowd when it comes to stuff like this. Maybe they do, and maybe they don't.

For the record: I got shut out of this. I was at lunch and did not get the email until it was sold out. Shit happens. I've scored some awesome vinyl, and I've missed out on a few. It's how this whole limited release game goes. That's why/how a limited release works. You win some, you lose some. Like it or not, this is what PJ is going for when they release something in limited amounts. It'd a collector's item. Not everyone can have one...otherwise it's not really a limited release now is it?

I don't even know if i would call it entitlement, but some people need to calm down. How many listenable version of Ten do you already have? This is just one more. Sure it sounds cool, but it's just one release of Ten. Everyone who got shut out needs to take a deep breath. Life will go on.
    I agree, and I don't think it's reasonable to expect people at 10C to adjust their work hours just so that people on the other side of the world are awake for their sales. 10C does these things live - people are at the warehouse releasing the sale and watching for crashes and answering questions, etc. They have regular work hours there, and they shouldn't be working super early or late because of the time zone in Australia. As mentioned, they are Americans in America working for an American band sharing the item with an American company. Those around the world need to live with that. You get the benefit when a band on your side of the world does the same thing (and I guess it's too bad for you if there is no band that appeals to you as much over there).
    I think the point that most of us in different time zones are trying to make is that a heads up would be nice, even if it was just the day before, that X item will be up for pre sale at X time in X time zone then people can adjust from there and its up to them then. From what I have seen through this thread, most people received their emails around 11ish am to 2ishpm in your time zone about 3ish am in ours. As someone else has alluded to, a few hours either side is manageable to a person who keeps regular reasonable hours.

I fully understand the nature of your post and I certainly wouldn't expect 10C employees to operate outside of normal trading/working hours, but a few hours either side still puts them in that time slot if they choose not to send a heads up email as the current email notification system isn't working, not just for non US folk. I think that also due to size of PJs appeal and fanbase not just within the US but globally, I think it is a little myopic simply saying in your example that an Australian band wouldn't consider an overseas audience in releasing merchandise is not quite comparing things equally in terms of appeal and overall fanbase. Its comparing apples and oranges.

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    I'm going to play reasonability on Words With Friends & report back.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    edited April 2014
    I don't know. There is getting something you want and later trading it, then there is what amounts to scalping/flipping... which is the kind of thing most of us despise and not what lost dogs is for.
    Sure there are going to be a few people who do it... and people were good about at least calling them out on it. But now it seems like this has grown and is now a race to get LE items to immediately flip into cash or higher end stuff right here on the forum, which imo is not the spirit of lost dogs... not to mention you have so many people sniping items who don't really want them or have any intention of keeping, it makes it tougher and frustrating for those who want to buy and keep.

What's the buffer when it's OK to trade? A month? 3 months? Year? When people actually receive the item? Who knows. I do believe there should be some tact. There used to be but it seems like the wild west has taken over, which imo will turf the lost dogs forum.

I would rather these people just take it to ebay where I can't see it. At least if they are looking to "max out" and not do anyone any kind of favor.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    Norman said:

I don't think it's no longer a thirty dollar record once it sells out. The value now is whatever some yoyo is willing to pay for it.
    Just gonna clarify it for you - the presale has sold out. There will be copies available in the stores on April 15th.

So yeah, it's still a $30 record.

• Options

I'm going to play reasonability on Words With Friends & report back.

That would quickly cause a resignation - No coming back from that
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,015
    I'm moving to the US, not for job opportunity, not for family, but for Limited Releases from PJ. Should I go east side or west?
  • Options

I'm moving to the US, not for job opportunity, not for family, but for Limited Releases from PJ. Should I go east side or west?

Anywhere but the midwest. PJ never plays here...
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    NormanNorman Posts: 112

Norman said:

Just gonna clarify it for you - the presale has sold out. There will be copies available in the stores on April 15th.

So yeah, it's still a $30 record.

I understand the Newbury stores will. However by the time people buy a plane ticket and book a room, a $200 colorful ten will seem like a steal.
  • Options
    Mac DogMac Dog Posts: 79
    Would be interesting to see what people would say if the record was priced at $200 on the site.
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    MayDay10 said:

I don't know. There is getting something you want and later trading it, then there is what amounts to scalping/flipping... which is the kind of thing most of us despise and not what lost dogs is for.
    Sure there are going to be a few people who do it... and people were good about at least calling them out on it. But now it seems like this has grown and is now a race to get LE items to immediately flip into cash or higher end stuff right here on the forum, which imo is not the spirit of lost dogs... not to mention you have so many people sniping items who don't really want them or have any intention of keeping, it makes it tougher and frustrating for those who want to buy and keep.

What's the buffer when it's OK to trade? A month? 3 months? Year? When people actually receive the item? Who knows. I do believe there should be some tact. There used to be but it seems like the wild west has taken over, which imo will turf the lost dogs forum.

I would rather these people just take it to ebay where I can't see it. At least if they are looking to "max out" and not do anyone any kind of favor.

This
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,300
    MayDay10 said:

What's worse is there is one person in LD that posts other bands and artists prints from EMEK and others in hopes of trading for new PJ stuff the minute it sells out.....
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,604
    edited April 2014
    MayDay10 said:

I respect your opinion... But the problem with these limited edition releases is that you have no time to sit and think about whether or not you really want a particular item for your collection. You need to hit that buy button the second you see it or risk losing out. So if I decide three days later that the coke bottle ten is not essential to my collection, I should be free to trade it for another item if I choose. I shouldn't have to hold the record for three years before I get to trade it just for the sake of appearances.

I do think people should act in good faith and not buy multiples of an item like the five copies Newbury was allowing people to buy. That is inconsiderate to other fans and taking advantage of the spirit of the trading community.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,982
    edited April 2014

I must admit... I'm more excited by the 1000 copy Strokes Is This It? release.

At least I didn't have that one already on vinyl haha

Plus gold and blue split vinyl looks so damn cool, especially considering the album cover.

With a 5 per customer order, I'm surprised it's still available. I posted about it many day's ago. And that sweet Wu-Tang Clan vinyl. The exclusive colored vinyl's and signed goodies they have been offering over @ Newbury Comics are pretty freaking sweet.

When RNDM's debut CD was released they sold signed by the whole band booklets & when Mad Season's reissue of Above, signed by Barrett & Mike booklets. Great to see an exclusive PJ item sold there. I hope there will be more to come. Can you imagine them offering signed Pearl Jam booklets?
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    on2legs said:

MayDay10 said:

I respect your opinion... But the problem with these limited edition releases is that you have no time to sit and think about whether or not you really want a particular item for your collection. You need to hit that buy button the second you see it or risk losing out. So if I decide three days later that the coke bottle ten is not essential to my collection, I should be free to trade it for another item if I choose. I shouldn't have to hold the record for three years before I get to trade it just for the sake of appearances.

I do think people should act in good faith and not buy multiples of an item like the five copies Newbury was allowing people to buy. That is inconsiderate to other fans and taking advantage of the spirit of the trading community.
    If something like that happens, there is tact. There are always a number of iso threads with pretty reasonable options.

What gets me are those who quickly put up
    on2legs said:

MayDay10 said:

Thing like your scenario are fine, and plenty of iso threads with reasonable to good offers to ditch it behind the scenes.

This is not what is frequently happening imo. People are monitoring/citing ebay auctions and calibrating their fs/ft threads based on those expectations to max out. I have also seen people admit they bought 3+. This is predatory imo. It used to be more widely frowned upon but it seems to become more and more tolerated.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,954
    TinAnt said:

PJ_Soul said:

TinAnt said:

PJ_Soul said:

pdalowsky said:

pdalowsky said:

These are the same songs that are on any other TEN record, correct? There are no bonus songs or additional special features other than the color of the record?

Am I missing something?

yes, absolutely

they are 'collectibles'.

And colored and numbered out of 2000 as well.

What's funny, if they had just said colored version Ten, and not that it was limited edition of 2000, I would not be surprised if there were still some left
    Yeah, I think you're right... "Limited" seems more important than "collectible."
    well tbh they tend to go hand in hand, and why wouldn't your first edition of ten be a collectible too? can only one Ten be collectible ?

I'm just wondering when "collectible" became a dirty word.
    Maybe when the band started focusing on selling collectibles instead of music? I'm all for things being collectible, but I'd prefer it to be collectible for reasons that are determined by the collectors instead of the merchandiser. The same thing has happened in many markets, where instead of selling high quality toys/watches/lighters(whatever) they start degrading the quality and putting numbers on them to increase their desirability. Nobody here can say that a redux of the redux was something of a hole in the Pearl Jam catalog and I think they should concentrate on efforts to release new styles of goods even if they carry a risk of not being popular or selling out the same hour you put them up for sale.
    I think you are underestimating the collectors. They know what they want and what they don't want. The buyers still determine things, no doubt about it.
    Also, Pearl Jam doesn't focus on selling collectibles instead of music. Come ON. If that were true, then they wouldn't be one of the best live bands to see in the world and they wouldn't have so many fucking amazing albums as well as solo careers. I can't believe that people are saying that they focus more on collectibles than music just because they put out their most successful album on coloured vinyl as a prelude to RSD. Have you all gone MAD? How much energy do you think releasing this thing has drained from the band so that you think it's making their music suffer? image
    I don't think it makes their music suffer I just think that releasing something with new music on it would be better, I used to buy this stuff because I couldn't get it anywhere else. Owning rare music is more important to me than having a funny colored vinyl sitting beside my five different variations of the same thing. The xmas singles have been lacking, not a B-side to be found from Lightning Bolt, Sevens containing no new music and then they come out with a Reduxed Redux of Ten? I'm not even proud to own Sevens and I'm going to be completely bored when Reduxed Redux Ten shows up(the original Redux bored me honestly), it has lost its meaning.
    Wait, you ordered one? this certainly reads as such. If that is indeed the case a funny coloured vinyl that isn't important to you and will bore you is currently on order for you?
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,954
    TinAnt said:

Sorry, I'm just chiming in since I've been reading along and maybe they did but it sounds pretty doubtful that ALL of that show was donated to charity. But you also can't blame someone for making money, shit if I could I would! Reminds me of Yankee haters always quoting salaries and cash as their excuses when their teams just took longer to realize that it's all a business and that they all just do it too.

And yes PJ soul, it kind of does seem like your ragging on those that are pissed, and defending the band because you got one. I can see both sides. It certainly doesn't suck when you scored one!

Anyway, the lesson to me about the whole thing is to be on high alert on Tuesdays, and of course on the 10th of the month.

The Yankees don't sing songs about greed and abuse of power.
    Yawn,

attitudes change, responsibilities change, morals evolve, life experience can play a large role in shifting ethics........ Im not entirely sure I live by what I thought was the right way 20 years ago, how about you?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,056
    pdalowsky said:

TinAnt said:

Sorry, I'm just chiming in since I've been reading along and maybe they did but it sounds pretty doubtful that ALL of that show was donated to charity. But you also can't blame someone for making money, shit if I could I would! Reminds me of Yankee haters always quoting salaries and cash as their excuses when their teams just took longer to realize that it's all a business and that they all just do it too.

And yes PJ soul, it kind of does seem like your ragging on those that are pissed, and defending the band because you got one. I can see both sides. It certainly doesn't suck when you scored one!

Anyway, the lesson to me about the whole thing is to be on high alert on Tuesdays, and of course on the 10th of the month.

The Yankees don't sing songs about greed and abuse of power.
    Yawn,

attitudes change, responsibilities change, morals evolve, life experience can play a large role in shifting ethics........ Im not entirely sure I live by what I thought was the right way 20 years ago, how about you?
    Totally agree Paul. What percentage of people actually flip items? 5 to 10%? We re talking about a small minority of fans not the majority.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Can't wait for the next limited edition release and the same thread that goes with it. We know PJ love to release a ton of mer h nowdays - some of it good, some terrible. We know a percentage of people will buy this stuff to flip/trade. Bottomline is if people are willing to buy something on the secondary market for $250 that cost an intital $30 2 days ago then the only people to blame are the people encouraging flippers.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/