Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,834
    HBO had a free preview this week; tried watching this Vinyl show, fell asleep. No thanks.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    Xpn fest lineup is phenomenal
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,284

no more cliff lee as a phillie
    http://philliesnation.com/archives/2016/02/end-of-the-road-for-cliff-lee/
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,679
    so glad the Giants didn't land j-roll.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

Really friggin good lineup - Old Crow, Alabama Shakes, Gary Clark, Felice Brothers.....huge.
  • Options

Our payroll is now down to 21st in the league. And ya gotta assume they'll buyout Howard next year. So at least we're on the road to recovery.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,309

Our payroll is now down to 21st in the league. And ya gotta assume they'll buyout Howard next year. So at least we're on the road to recovery.
    this is the last year of Ryan's deal so no need to buyout after this year. Comcast money kicks in too.
  • Options

Really friggin good lineup - Old Crow, Alabama Shakes, Gary Clark, Felice Brothers.....huge.
    Preservation Hall and Low Cut Connie too.

Tickets are a lot more than I thought, 3 days I guess...
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

this is the last year of Ryan's deal so no need to buyout after this year. Comcast money kicks in too.
    I could have swore 2017 was his last year. Well that's good news.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Technically, his last year is this year, but he's got a $10M buyout for next year. So his last year with the team is costing $35M. Really worth it right there.

Second highest buyout amount behind - you guessed it - another Phillie, with Cliff Lee at $12.5M this year. Just fantastic work all around by the old regime.
  • Options

Yeah, just checked that out. Definitely jumped up from the past few years. I'd say it might be worth it to become a member again for tickets.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Yeah, just checked that out. Definitely jumped up from the past few years. I'd say it might be worth it to become a member again for tickets.
    Yeah, I gotta figure this out. Even the membership route is expensive though, $25 a month or something. $6 a month gets you something, but not a full pass.
  • Options

Yeah, I gotta figure this out. Even the membership route is expensive though, $25 a month or something. $6 a month gets you something, but not a full pass.
    Yeah, I worked around this in the past - and I don't know if they caught on - but you become a member, pay for 6 months and then contact them to cancel your membership/contribution. Tee hee.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

both of those bands are phenomenal. i'm not gonna make it to the festival this year, but if I did i would be going to wiggins park...not a big fan of the headliners. alabama shakes don't do it for me
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

thank god.

no point in his fat ass taking up a roster spot. should have cut him 4 years ago. he sucks
  • Options
    edited February 2016

HBO had a free preview this week; tried watching this Vinyl show, fell asleep. No thanks.

dice is amazing in the episode.

I'm hanging with this show just to see what happens. low expectations but you never know. ironic that the worst part of the first episode was the music. cam crowe is usually legit, so I'm sticking around for at least a few weeks. can't be worse than homeland

since kids happened I watch more tv than ever. Im not juggler (macnow) level with 50 dvrs in his house but I do watch a lot of new shows on showtime and hbo. I really want to like billions but I fall asleep during every episode. literally takes me three tries to get through each episode. brody is a bad choice as a stockbroker -- they could have done so much better. at least his wife is hot.

if you have starz check out power. I can't believe I liked that show but it's pretty awesome. looking forward to season 3.
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

I'm hanging with this show just to see what happens. low expectations but you never know. ironic that the worst part of the first episode was the music. cam crowe is usually legit, so I'm sticking around for at least a few weeks. can't be worse than homeland

since kids happened I watch more tv than ever. Im not juggler (macnow) level with 50 dvrs in his house but I do watch a lot of new shows on showtime and hbo. I really want to like billions but I fall asleep during every episode. literally takes me three tries to get through each episode. brody is a bad choice as a stockbroker -- they could have done so much better. at least his wife is hot.

if you have starz check out power. I can't believe I liked that show but it's pretty awesome. looking forward to season 3.
    Yeah, all he does is play himself in the episode. I think I was over DA DICEMAN in 1992. Just nothing about this show is doing it for me. Though I find that assistant chick to be highly attractive.

It's weird - I don't think I'll ever get HBO/any premium channels for any reason, other than The Leftovers (yes, I know, that's weird). Netflix and Amazon are surprisingly killing it when it comes to original content and I don't see any reason to branch out for more money. I've been watching a sickly amount of tv lately because I've been forcing hibernation on myself due to the ridiculous price tag of a wedding.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,536
    JP--have you seen Man in the High Castle on Amazon yet? Not as good as the book, but it's very well done.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

JP--have you seen Man in the High Castle on Amazon yet? Not as good as the book, but it's very well done.

A buddy of mine would not shut up about this show, so I gave it a shot. I probably should give it more than one episode, but the thing is I can't get into it strictly because I can't get past the fact that it didn't happen. Granted, I get it, I do, but the whole time I'm trying to give it a chance I'm thinking, "....but none of this happened." I think I'm wasting time watching the show due to this. Haha, sorry...

Solid roster of actors, and seems well shot, though.

...wait, man, and you read a book on that? I don't think I would've made it too far, haha...

So far on Prime I've thought Catastrophe, Red Oaks, and Transparent have been great. Giving this Mad Dogs show a shot now.
  • Options

A buddy of mine would not shut up about this show, so I gave it a shot. I probably should give it more than one episode, but the thing is I can't get into it strictly because I can't get past the fact that it didn't happen. Granted, I get it, I do, but the whole time I'm trying to give it a chance I'm thinking, "....but none of this happened." I think I'm wasting time watching the show due to this. Haha, sorry...

...wait, man, and you read a book on that? I don't think I would've made it too far, haha...

So far on Prime I've thought Catastrophe, Red Oaks, and Transparent have been great. Giving this Mad Dogs show a shot now.
    Ha...yeah I did. I just find the idea of an alternate history pretty cool. Starts slow, but it's worth sticking with.

There's a Stephen King book that Amazon (or maybe Hulu) turned into a series about some dude who goes back in time to stop the JFK assassination. Sounds interesting. Think it's called 11/23/63.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Ha...yeah I did. I just find the idea of an alternate history pretty cool. Starts slow, but it's worth sticking with.

There's a Stephen King book that Amazon (or maybe Hulu) turned into a series about some dude who goes back in time to stop the JFK assassination. Sounds interesting. Think it's called 11/23/63.
    Yeah, that's on Hulu I believe. I like history pieces and the such - I could watch Ken Burns' stuff till my eyes bleed.

But the whole alternative history thing doesn't work with me....YET I LOVE BACK TO THE FUTURE.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    edited February 2016
    High Castle was a decent show. I didn't read the book. I did read the King 11/22/63 book and really liked it. Like most King adaptations though, I heard they had to cut a lot out of the tv show.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Those Nazi's were crafty SOB's
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,309
    The Fixer said:

Power is great, I think that is much better than Billions or Vinyl.
  • Options
    So I've been perusing stubhub periodically for tix to the Friday show, specifically club box. Suddenly there's a good amount on there and, all things considered, reasonably priced (under $400--face is like $290 or so I think). Might be pulling the trigger on this soon.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    have you ever considering letting ladies post in your thread?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

So I've been perusing stubhub periodically for tix to the Friday show, specifically club box. Suddenly there's a good amount on there and, all things considered, reasonably priced (under $400--face is like $290 or so I think). Might be pulling the trigger on this soon.

Yeah, I saw this, biiig drop in asking price recently. Definitely might be worth it.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

There used to be a few of them.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Wobbie said:

you missed a chance to say "there's always you."

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Wobbie said:

you missed a chance to say "there's always you."
    Damnit. You read my mind.